$0.00

WS

GB4

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Zero... but i was known as the "Mad Bomber" as a kid... don't no if them thins were M-80's or 1/4 sticks, but damn they were nasty!...
Miss those M/80’s, Cherry Bombs & Silver Salutes!

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My neighbor down the road puts on a hell of a display every year. Easily 3 or 4k worth. We used to sit on the front porch and watch the first few years we lived here but after 14 years of it I'm so sick of fireworks I don't give a damn if I ever see another before I die. I suppose the noise and bright colored lights are endlessly entertaining for you retards though.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Neighbors have three little kids and they bought four or five fountains to thrill them. I bought a $60 assortment to add to that. But I was gobsmacked at the prices. There were literally hundreds of individual devices priced anywhere from $50 to $200 EACH. No damn wonder it was pretty quiet around here last night. My assortment has three or four fountains and the same number of aerials. The rest are junk like sparklers, smoke bombs, and those black snake things.

Oh, and this is the first year in a long time that fireworks of any kind are allowed in my area of town due to drought.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I get it. Not everyone has a place to shoot fireworks. Anyone going to watch some fireworks ?
the "Big" city of Appleton fireworks show is a 1/4 mi due east of me... watched it from my deck last night...
I’m in Wisconsin for 12 days giving the various teams a break. I heard something shooting off last few nights but I’m not sure how close to Appleton I am. Think I’m fairly close. Janesville area, can’t recall last time I flew to Appleton if I came through Madison. Sorta think Chicago but with too many flights a week I can’t remember much accurately.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gremcat
I get it. Not everyone has a place to shoot fireworks. Anyone going to watch some fireworks ?
the "Big" city of Appleton fireworks show is a 1/4 mi due east of me... watched it from my deck last night...
I’m in Wisconsin for 12 days giving the various teams a break. I heard something shooting off last few nights but I’m not sure how close to Appleton I am. Think I’m fairly close. Janesville area, can’t recall last time I flew to Appleton if I came through Madison. Sorta think Chicago but with too many flights a week I can’t remember much accurately.

Looks like I flew through Milwaukee last time. I’m 100 miles out so must have been some locals having fun.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Neighbors have three little kids and they bought four or five fountains to thrill them. I bought a $60 assortment to add to that. But I was gobsmacked at the prices. There were literally hundreds of individual devices priced anywhere from $50 to $200 EACH. No damn wonder it was pretty quiet around here last night. My assortment has three or four fountains and the same number of aerials. The rest are junk like sparklers, smoke bombs, and those black snake things.

Oh, and this is the first year in a long time that fireworks of any kind are allowed in my area of town due to drought.

RR, I recall buying some out of season for my daughters first birthday. Jokers were probably $150/each out of season. Wasn’t legal where we lived then. Told my wife I’d just light one. It was a Grand Finale type and kids still talk about it.

Actually I’m surprised they haven’t jumped in price. I recall a coworker 15 years ago or more would spend $2-3k on them and seems they’ve gotten better quality but similar price.

Where we are now has the drone display. Looks pretty cool but I’m not there to take kids.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I couldn’t believe the prices on fireworks this year. I figure it’s worth $100 anyway to have some fun once a year with some.

Private fireworks displays are illegal here. Within city limits, prohibited by city ordinance. Outside the city limits, fire season has already started.

What I sometimes do is wait 'til the 5th or 6th, buy the discounted fireworks, and save them for New Years when it's so wet you couldn't light gasoline with a blow torch.

I've got the irrigation running .. I've watered the hay field, woods out away from the house, lawn on one side, and lawn on the other is .. hey, sprinklers just quit, so it's time to do that now! Later ...

Last edited by T_O_M; 07/04/23.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I couldn’t believe the prices on fireworks this year. I figure it’s worth $100 anyway to have some fun once a year with some.

Private fireworks displays are illegal here. Within city limits, prohibited by city ordinance. Outside the city limits, fire season has already started.

What I sometimes do is wait 'til the 5th or 6th, buy the discounted fireworks, and save them for New Years when it's so wet you couldn't light gasoline with a blow torch.
That sounds very American

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Fireworks? Nada! But a condom full of oxygen and acetylene makes a bang better than a pound of Tannerite, and the gas costs less than a nickel!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

-----------------------------0-------------------------------------

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Utah, they sell more fireworks for July 24th than the 4th. That's our "Pioneer Day" when ol' Brigham supposedly entered the promised land saying "This is the place." (My theory is that his #1 wife told him "The first time we see water, that's the place, you ass.")

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My neighbor down the road puts on a hell of a display every year. Easily 3 or 4k worth. We used to sit on the front porch and watch the first few years we lived here but after 14 years of it I'm so sick of fireworks I don't give a damn if I ever see another before I die. I suppose the noise and bright colored lights are endlessly entertaining for you retards though.

In which decade did your family stop telling you where Thanksgiving dinner would be?

LOL

PS-Love the freeloading.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In Utah, they sell more fireworks for July 24th than the 4th. That's our "Pioneer Day" when ol' Brigham supposedly entered the promised land saying "This is the place." (My theory is that his #1 wife told him "The first time we see water, that's the place, you ass.")

That’s funny Rock.

Happy 4th.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Adult Kids come over now and bring the safe n' sane BS over the weekend

Used to go watch the the Barron Hilton display out in the Delta for several decades.

Sandwich maker and I will sit on the porch this evening and watch the Local Minor BBall team extravaganza about a mile away.

Kids bring food now as well.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Used to go watch the the Barron Hilton display out in the Delta for several decades.

Sandwich maker and I will sit on the porch this evening and watch the Local Minor BBall team extravaganza about a mile away.

So California doesn’t allow you to shoot fireworks? Got it?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
As O'le Rush would say, "Zilch, Zero, Nada"!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67

So California doesn’t allow you to shoot fireworks? Got it?

Well they got them laws and such, never seems to do much good from what I see, LOL.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Fireworks? Nada! But a condom full of oxygen and acetylene makes a bang better than a pound of Tannerite, and the gas costs less than a nickel!
LOL. Need a video,

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (12344mag, 17Hunter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 73 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,976
Posts18,480,799
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.