Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/nra-victory-in-fight-over-ammo-ban

Greenies sued the Forest Service because they wouldn’t ban lead ammo in the Kaibab. The 9th ruled for the Forest Service, and thus for us.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Can’t someone come up with a suit that will stop all of the direct and indirect attacks in the 2nd?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
A step in the right direction.
Slightly off topic, but there is a point about “greenie” agendas that would open the door to a frontal attack. The item has to do with nitrate pollution in our ground water. It is epic over a large portion of the country and it has impacts on many levels. One is known as blue baby syndrome. We, as a people, need to fix this ASAP.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by IZH27
Can’t someone come up with a suit that will stop all of the direct and indirect attacks in the 2nd?

There are number of suits against regulatory overreach in progress that, if settled in favor of the plaintiffs, will go a long way towards stifling the ATF, but first they have to be won, and second, the hard part, they have to be used as precedent for gun cases. One would think that Heller, then Bruen, would have cooled the grabbers’ jets, but they just keep coming back with more attacks, some sidelong and some right in the face of clear SCOTUS intent. Overall, I think we’re ahead on points, but I don’t think we’ll see something like the overturning of existing GCAs, maybe some bits here and there.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Slightly off topic, but there is a point about “greenie” agendas that would open the door to a frontal attack. The item has to do with nitrate pollution in our ground water. It is epic over a large portion of the country and it has impacts on many levels. One is known as blue baby syndrome. We, as a people, need to fix this ASAP.

What about nitrates in our bacon?
It isn’t the chemistry, it’s the concentration. For example, rain water contains a mild concentration of nitrate.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
As we all know it has nothing to do with lead bullets, and everything to do with gun control and anti-hunting.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Half the cities in America have miles of lead water pipe feeding their homes.

This CA Condor Bullschit is prime example of how easily the public, even the hunting public can be manipulated and convinced.

Gut piles, all these fuqken gut piles left by hunters just chucked full of lead, killing the Condor.

Yeah, I know when I shoot a Big Game animal I aim for the guts and that dangerous lead bullet always stays in the guts, they never pass through causing a nice clean kill.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by steve4102
Lead what a fuqken joke.

This CA Condor Bullschit is prime example of how easily the public, even the hunting public can be manipulated and convinced.

Gut piles, all these fuqken gut piles left by hunters just chucked full of lead, killing the Condor.

Yeah, I know when I shoot a Big Game animal I aim for the guts and that dangerous lead bullet always stays in the guts, they never pass through causing a nice clean kill.

The ingestion of lead from gophers and prairie dogs shot by "hunters" (i.e. varmint control) is rather well documented. Frangible bullets used there and the entire carcass left for the scavengers do lead to lead ingestion.
Documented by who, your Government?
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by Dutch
Lead what a fuqken joke.

The ingestion of lead from gophers and prairie dogs shot by "hunters" (i.e. varmint control) is rather well documented. Frangible bullets used there and the entire carcass left for the scavengers do lead to lead ingestion.

Got any links to this?
Posted By: HoosierHawk Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
There used to be bounties on hawks and eagles.

If you enjoy upland bird hunting you’ve witnessed the precipitous drop in native bird populations as raptor numbers have risen the past forty years. You’d also probably not worry too much about the occasional raptor death due to lead poisoning.

Either from injesting it, or receiving 1 1/4 oz. of #4 shot in its tail feathers.

Just sayin’.
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

Who are we going to hear from on this?
If you want to put a hurt on the "greenys", and save song birds...start with city ordinances requiring cats to be on leashes.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

varmint hunting:
https://phys.org/news/2016-12-varmint-hunters-ammo-exposure-avian.html

moose hunting / ravens

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4229082/

Eagles in Australia
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749123010060
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

varmint hunting:
https://phys.org/news/2016-12-varmint-hunters-ammo-exposure-avian.html

moose hunting / ravens

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4229082/

Eagles in Australia
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749123010060
LOL
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Fugk them glorified buzzards and wileys.

To give a clue how stupid these regs are, I've got a small pond right across my center fence, 150 yards behind the house. We'll shoot 3-4 hundred field loads across it at clay birds, every year. But if I want to shoot a couple of mallards over that same field, I'm supposed to use steel shot.

These dumb bastards could fugk up a battleship with a Q-tip.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
There used to be bounties on hawks and eagles.

If you enjoy upland bird hunting you’ve witnessed the precipitous drop in native bird populations as raptor numbers have risen the past forty years. You’d also probably not worry too much about the occasional raptor death due to lead poisoning.

Either from injesting it, or receiving 1 1/4 oz. of #4 shot in its tail feathers.

Just sayin’.

That and damn stray cats. When I was a kid the older guys I bird & deer hunted with killed every stray cat they saw.
Lead what a fuqken joke.

All across the south, from Florida to Texas, thousands and thousands of deer are killed and field dressed every year.
Between gut piles and unrecovered game animals*, the turkey vulture of the south is doing VERY well!!!
What's different that the California Condor is more susceptible to gut pile lead fragments than the turkey vulture?
It's hard to fathom that there has been no significant reduction 8n the buzzard population of the south.
I'll also mention that since the CA "lead ban", there really hasn't been any significant increase in condor numbers!
🤔

It's been proven by necropsies on condor chicks picked up under condor nests. Over half of the deaths were caused by landfill waste fed to them by their parents.

It's also interesting to note that the waterfowl lead ban is a joke!
You can stand and shoot dove with lead shot in the exact same spot you stand and shoot waterfowl where non-toxic shot is required by law and not break any laws! 🤯
p.s. - why is non-toxic shot required for "migratory game birds", but it's okay to shoot dove (they ARE migratory!) with lead shot!?

* - deer, hogs, small game, varmints, geese, ducks, etc, etc.....
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
CONTROL
Trying to control us, and doing so most often.
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Lead what a fuqken joke.

All across the south, from Florida to Texas, thousands and thousands of deer are killed and field dressed every year.
Between gut piles and unrecovered game animals*, the turkey vulture of the south is doing VERY well!!!
What's different that the California Condor is more susceptible to gut pile lead fragments than the turkey vulture?
It's hard to fathom that there has been no significant reduction 8n the buzzard population of the south.
I'll also mention that since the CA "lead ban", there really hasn't been any significant increase in condor numbers!
🤔

It's been proven by necropsies on condor chicks picked up under condor nests. Over half of the deaths were caused by landfill waste fed to them by their parents.

It's also interesting to note that the waterfowl lead ban is a joke!
You can stand and shoot dove with lead shot in the exact same spot you stand and shoot waterfowl where non-toxic shot is required by law and not break any laws! 🤯
p.s. - why is non-toxic shot required for "migratory game birds", but it's okay to shoot dove (they ARE migratory!) with lead shot!?

* - deer, hogs, small game, varmints, geese, ducks, etc, etc.....
…and nobody shot big game in the guts whereas the bullet remains in the gut pile, if they ever find the damn thing.
It occurs to me that I’ve never seen a dead vulture or eagle anywhere, except where one got careless about traffic while eating roadkill. Maybe the lead they eat makes them devil-may-care. Very common to see them eating dead chucks and deer out in farm fields around here. There’s a pecking order: eagles, then turkey vultures, then the blacks, black vultures I mean. Once I saw a bunch of vultures standing back while a red-tailed hawk ate its fill. Seemed odd, considering the size difference.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
CONTROL
Trying to control us, and doing so most often.

Control is all about safety...

The more Control .GOV takes... the more safe they can claim you are...

2023 is the safest year ever... Zero crimes and zero murders...

Right?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Lead poisoning from bullets, shot or fishing weight is a HUGE LIE.

Most people know virtually nothing about real/actual lead poisoning... and how it really occurs.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: Win in Lead Ammo suit - 09/03/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/nra-victory-in-fight-over-ammo-ban

Greenies sued the Forest Service because they wouldn’t ban lead ammo in the Kaibab. The 9th ruled for the Forest Service, and thus for us.

Fu(k Condors and Green-wing Communists.

... until people start eating either one of them.

GR
© 24hourcampfire