Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/nra-victory-in-fight-over-ammo-ban

Greenies sued the Forest Service because they wouldn’t ban lead ammo in the Kaibab. The 9th ruled for the Forest Service, and thus for us.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Can’t someone come up with a suit that will stop all of the direct and indirect attacks in the 2nd?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A step in the right direction.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slightly off topic, but there is a point about “greenie” agendas that would open the door to a frontal attack. The item has to do with nitrate pollution in our ground water. It is epic over a large portion of the country and it has impacts on many levels. One is known as blue baby syndrome. We, as a people, need to fix this ASAP.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
Can’t someone come up with a suit that will stop all of the direct and indirect attacks in the 2nd?

There are number of suits against regulatory overreach in progress that, if settled in favor of the plaintiffs, will go a long way towards stifling the ATF, but first they have to be won, and second, the hard part, they have to be used as precedent for gun cases. One would think that Heller, then Bruen, would have cooled the grabbers’ jets, but they just keep coming back with more attacks, some sidelong and some right in the face of clear SCOTUS intent. Overall, I think we’re ahead on points, but I don’t think we’ll see something like the overturning of existing GCAs, maybe some bits here and there.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Slightly off topic, but there is a point about “greenie” agendas that would open the door to a frontal attack. The item has to do with nitrate pollution in our ground water. It is epic over a large portion of the country and it has impacts on many levels. One is known as blue baby syndrome. We, as a people, need to fix this ASAP.

What about nitrates in our bacon?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It isn’t the chemistry, it’s the concentration. For example, rain water contains a mild concentration of nitrate.

I am..........disturbed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
As we all know it has nothing to do with lead bullets, and everything to do with gun control and anti-hunting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Half the cities in America have miles of lead water pipe feeding their homes.

This CA Condor Bullschit is prime example of how easily the public, even the hunting public can be manipulated and convinced.

Gut piles, all these fuqken gut piles left by hunters just chucked full of lead, killing the Condor.

Yeah, I know when I shoot a Big Game animal I aim for the guts and that dangerous lead bullet always stays in the guts, they never pass through causing a nice clean kill.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Lead what a fuqken joke.

This CA Condor Bullschit is prime example of how easily the public, even the hunting public can be manipulated and convinced.

Gut piles, all these fuqken gut piles left by hunters just chucked full of lead, killing the Condor.

Yeah, I know when I shoot a Big Game animal I aim for the guts and that dangerous lead bullet always stays in the guts, they never pass through causing a nice clean kill.

The ingestion of lead from gophers and prairie dogs shot by "hunters" (i.e. varmint control) is rather well documented. Frangible bullets used there and the entire carcass left for the scavengers do lead to lead ingestion.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Documented by who, your Government?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dutch
Lead what a fuqken joke.

The ingestion of lead from gophers and prairie dogs shot by "hunters" (i.e. varmint control) is rather well documented. Frangible bullets used there and the entire carcass left for the scavengers do lead to lead ingestion.

Got any links to this?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There used to be bounties on hawks and eagles.

If you enjoy upland bird hunting you’ve witnessed the precipitous drop in native bird populations as raptor numbers have risen the past forty years. You’d also probably not worry too much about the occasional raptor death due to lead poisoning.

Either from injesting it, or receiving 1 1/4 oz. of #4 shot in its tail feathers.

Just sayin’.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

Who are we going to hear from on this?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If you want to put a hurt on the "greenys", and save song birds...start with city ordinances requiring cats to be on leashes.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

varmint hunting:
https://phys.org/news/2016-12-varmint-hunters-ammo-exposure-avian.html

moose hunting / ravens

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4229082/

Eagles in Australia
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749123010060

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lead what a fuqken joke.

Got any links to this?

Good luck with that.

varmint hunting:
https://phys.org/news/2016-12-varmint-hunters-ammo-exposure-avian.html

moose hunting / ravens

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4229082/

Eagles in Australia
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749123010060
LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fugk them glorified buzzards and wileys.

To give a clue how stupid these regs are, I've got a small pond right across my center fence, 150 yards behind the house. We'll shoot 3-4 hundred field loads across it at clay birds, every year. But if I want to shoot a couple of mallards over that same field, I'm supposed to use steel shot.

These dumb bastards could fugk up a battleship with a Q-tip.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
There used to be bounties on hawks and eagles.

If you enjoy upland bird hunting you’ve witnessed the precipitous drop in native bird populations as raptor numbers have risen the past forty years. You’d also probably not worry too much about the occasional raptor death due to lead poisoning.

Either from injesting it, or receiving 1 1/4 oz. of #4 shot in its tail feathers.

Just sayin’.

That and damn stray cats. When I was a kid the older guys I bird & deer hunted with killed every stray cat they saw.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lead what a fuqken joke.

All across the south, from Florida to Texas, thousands and thousands of deer are killed and field dressed every year.
Between gut piles and unrecovered game animals*, the turkey vulture of the south is doing VERY well!!!
What's different that the California Condor is more susceptible to gut pile lead fragments than the turkey vulture?
It's hard to fathom that there has been no significant reduction 8n the buzzard population of the south.
I'll also mention that since the CA "lead ban", there really hasn't been any significant increase in condor numbers!
🤔

It's been proven by necropsies on condor chicks picked up under condor nests. Over half of the deaths were caused by landfill waste fed to them by their parents.

It's also interesting to note that the waterfowl lead ban is a joke!
You can stand and shoot dove with lead shot in the exact same spot you stand and shoot waterfowl where non-toxic shot is required by law and not break any laws! 🤯
p.s. - why is non-toxic shot required for "migratory game birds", but it's okay to shoot dove (they ARE migratory!) with lead shot!?

* - deer, hogs, small game, varmints, geese, ducks, etc, etc.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,055
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.