Home
Posted By: NVhntr How were women - 10/01/23
Ever able to survive 25 years ago when they didn’t carry a water bottle with them everywhere they went?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: How were women - 10/01/23
Public drinking fountains before the Corona shut them all down.

an ancillary question to yours might be.

How did the US public survive without 20oz bottles of friggen purified tap water sold everywhere?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: How were women - 10/01/23
Don’t bitch! That’s what keeps ‘em wet!!
Posted By: Jericho Re: How were women - 10/01/23
could you imagine the reaction when bottled water first appeared on the market?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: How were women - 10/01/23
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Ever able to survive 25 years ago when they didn’t carry a water bottle with them everywhere they went?

Twenty-five years ago the West wasn't overrun with diseased filth from the world's worst cesspits...so the girls could drink from public drinking fountains.

I am happy for my girls to carry water.
Posted By: justin10mm Re: How were women - 10/01/23
Seeing a public water fountain is like seeing a pay phone booth these days. Welcome to the future grandpa.
Posted By: hardway Re: How were women - 10/01/23
25 years ago when I started in heavy equipment construction you brought your own jug of water or you toughed it out lol. Then a bunch of dumbass illegal alien farm workers kicked the bucket in the field because they were to stupid to bring their own water….. Now the state OSHA got involved and every employer has to provide water (min of 1qt per hour/per worker) also have to provide shade and 15 min breaks like every 2 hours or wherever someone feels exhausted…… it’s beyond ridiculous….. my company has over a 1000 field employees…. They have to provide bottled water and ice for every one of them….. pallets and pallets of bottled water at the yard and we get an ice delivery every day for the 3 big ice freezers. There is no more personal responsibility 🤦🏻‍♂️🥴🥴🥴
Posted By: slumlord Re: How were women - 10/01/23
Remember when pickininnies used put their whole set of soup-cooler lips over the entire spout and heel ?? And then commence to drinking only to stop for gasps of air every 30 seconds…
Posted By: Amazincaucasian Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by hardway
25 years ago when I started in heavy equipment construction you brought your own jug of water or you toughed it out lol. Then a bunch of dumbass illegal alien farm workers kicked the bucket in the field because they were to stupid to bring their own water….. Now the state OSHA got involved and every employer has to provide water (min of 1qt per hour/per worker) also have to provide shade and 15 min breaks like every 2 hours or wherever someone feels exhausted…… it’s beyond ridiculous….. my company has over a 1000 field employees…. They have to provide bottled water and ice for every one of them….. pallets and pallets of bottled water at the yard and we get an ice delivery every day for the 3 big ice freezers. There is no more personal responsibility 🤦🏻‍♂️🥴🥴🥴
I'm in the same industry. Not allowed to provide single serving water bottles anymore because they are a trip/fall hazard to the wetbacks after they litter the jobsite with empties.
Posted By: dassa Re: How were women - 10/02/23
They stayed home in the kitchen and had easy access to tap water.
Posted By: Longbob Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by Jericho

Evian is naive spelled backwards.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: How were women - 10/02/23
One of the greatest swindles of all time. That said, we're in a country where clean water is normal. Mexicans here buy it by the truck load. I guess they come from a country where most of the water is polluted. Same for Asians where plastic bottles are the biggest pollutant of their rivers and coastlines.
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Seeing a public water fountain is like seeing a pay phone booth these days. Welcome to the future grandpa.

They had public water fountains all over Switzerland when we were there a couple of months ago. It was way better tasting to us than any of the bottled water sold. Évian-les-Bains was right across Lake Geneva from us when we were staying in Montreux. It is home to Evian water and that was about the only bottled water sold in the area, but few (if any) of the locals were drinking it that I saw. The vast majority of them would refill their own water bottles from the fountains.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
One of the greatest swindles of all time. That said, we're in a country where clean water is normal. Mexicans here buy it by the truck load. I guess they come from a country where most of the water is polluted. Same for Asians where plastic bottles are the biggest pollutant of their rivers and coastlines.

Same in Peru, but we generally buy it in bigger containers that are probably close to 3 or 4 gallons each when I looked at them. I take big Yeti or Rtic drink ware when we go and leave them for the family. They have the smallest damn glasses there that I have ever seen in Peru. I don't normally drink soft drinks, but I seem to drink a lot of Inca Cola when there.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
Remember when pickininnies used put their whole set of soup-cooler lips over the entire spout and heel ?? And then commence to drinking only to stop for gasps of air every 30 seconds…

YES I DO!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣. They could make the whole spout disappear
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Women and men that I knew, carried water in plastic gallon Purex and Clorox bottles. The brightest filled them half full and froze them overnight, before filling them on up when headed to the field.

The more affluent used Thermos half gallon and gallon coolers. We never went anywhere in the summer without water in the car.

Oh yes, and canvas water bags hanging from the rear view side mirrors of every truck. Which the entire crew drank from.
Posted By: irfubar Re: How were women - 10/02/23
I grew up drinking from a water hose.... so far so good
Posted By: JeffyD Re: How were women - 10/02/23
In 1973 and '74, I worked on a farm.
There was one large, yellow Igloo water cooler with a block of ice inside and one tin cup.

Every worker - white, black, Puerto Rican and "Texican",
drank from the same cup. Nobody got sick or caught a disease from it.

Different times.
Originally Posted by JeffyD
In 1973 and '74, I worked on a farm.
There was one large, yellow Igloo water cooler with a block of ice inside and one tin cup.

Every worker - white, black, Puerto Rican and "Texican",
drank from the same cup. Nobody got sick or caught a disease from it.

Different times.

You used a cup? We would give the valve a quick squirt to get the dust out then lean under to get a drink.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by irfubar
I grew up drinking from a water hose.... so far so good
I drank my share that way too.................

It wasn't even mine many times, riding our bikes, needed a drink, pull over run up to the valve on someone's house, get a drink out their yard hose.

Not good well water like we have here either. Good ol' Colorado River water transported 100's of miles to a plant in SoCal and chlorinated to all get out.

I'm typing this, so I must not be dead yet, eh?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: How were women - 10/02/23
My wife won't go on a 15 minute trip to the store without a water bottle. I find that odd.
And I'm not talking in the summer when it's over 100*
It was 75* here today.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: How were women - 10/02/23
It’s Titos. Everyone knows about taking along the ole “water bottle”
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Folks are a LOT more water and hydration savvy than we were back in the 50's and 60's!

Bet I've sucked up several thousand gallons of water out of every trickle of water in east Texas.

Pop was a horse shoer. We got caught out one day with a string of horses to trim and shoe....and we didn't have any water. 😖
From that day on, there was a 3 gallon water can in a rack in the bed step!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Remember salt pills?
Posted By: hillestadj Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Bubblers
Posted By: renegade50 Re: How were women - 10/02/23
They were getting nailed like Dale.
5 guys at once.
All 3 holes and both hands full!!!

Choo Choo!!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: hillestadj Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by renegade50
5 guys at once.

Choo Choo!!!!

She was a co-founder of the burger chain Five Guys.

....the more you know.
Posted By: trplem Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Bubblers
Courtesy of good ol' Kohlers.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
5 guys at once.

Choo Choo!!!!

She was a co-founder of the burger chain Five Guys.

....the more you know.
You can be sure gummers are hitting the notify button on
Let's nail Dale.
Choo Choo
Just like they was doing to you and 79S.

My wife won't go on a 15 minute trip to the store without a water bottle. I find that odd.
And I'm not talking in the summer when it's over 100*
It was 75* here today.
I require water bottle in the car, at least one.

Old habit of growing up in SoCal, Boy Scout Be Prepared stuff. Never knew when the next water would be available. More important now as we generally have the dogs with us if we go anywhere besides town. Of course, they'll drink out of a mudpuddle if necessary.

Just remembered, it's time to get the gallon jug out from behind the passenger seat in the RAV4 before the real cold hits and it freezes and busts open.
5 guys at once.

Choo Choo!!!!

I liked the un-retouched pic better...(and I have a copy) grin
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Anyone else's Grandparents use to keep water in Clorox jugs in the fridge during summer?

Vivid memories of sharing icebox cold water in clorox jugs with Nonno after a Summer afternoon helping tend his garden.

I've kept a thermos of cold water in the truck since I started driving in the 80's.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: How were women - 10/02/23
In the '60s and '70s we carried water in bleach jugs all over the farm. Out irrigating, on the tractor, on the hay wagon, up on the hay stack, hung off the saddle horn with a baling twine while moving cows or hunting big game.
I'm an old desert rat I guess. I'm not a fan of cold water, especially ice cold. I drink water too fast and like it to absorb instantly.

Some mornings tap water from my well is chilled some by running under the house and it's colder than I prefer even.

If I'm working on a crew that has a big Igloo cooler with ice in it too, I get my water out and let it sit to warm up.
How many had milsurp web belts and canteens???

Or the old Boy Scout type on a sling that went over a shoulder?
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
In the '60s and '70s we carried water in bleach jugs all over the farm. Out irrigating, on the tractor, on the hay wagon, up on the hay stack, hung off the saddle horn with a baling twine while moving cows or hunting big game.

I knew I wasn't dreaming that schidt up. Kids never believed me when I told them. Plastic jugs back then weren't flimsy and the formulas were made to last. Makes sense once the bleach is gone rinse a couple times and GTG.

I have a 32gal Rubbermaid garbage can with lid fromthe early 90's that I use for yard cleanup. That thing is gonna outlast me. New plastic cans don't last for schidt.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: How were women - 10/02/23
I well remember that when I was a kid back in the early 60's in the southeast. That is exactly why we had separate water fountains back then. That way they could drink how they pleased and we could as well. I would not want to drink water from a fountain nozzle that someone had been literally sucking on. Don't tell me it did not happen as I witnessed it regularly back then. They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them with separate fountains. Seemed very accommodating to me. What was the problem with that? But no, some people somehow thought that it was evil to provide them with their own fountains and forced the removal of separate facilities which then enabled them to pollute everyone's drinking fountain. This often resulted in many public fountains being eliminated altogether. So, no more public water in many public areas for anyone. Now, I am sure some jackass is going to start calling me names for saying this, but it was simple fact behavior that I regularly witnessed.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Yup with the thick aluminum canteens.
5 guys at once.

Choo Choo!!!!

I liked the un-retouched pic better...(and I have a copy) grin
Bin will space ghost it if you post it.
He did it to Hilstadj last night.
Lasted all of 18 mins.

All the gummer b types hit the notify button on him.

🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Years ago I worked in an underground hardrock mine on a mucking crew. Our crew operated LHD (load haul dump) trucks and loaders and basically mucked up blasted rock both ore and waste rock. It was diesel equipment and I think the ambient rock temp was 120*-130*F and 90% humidity. Those old Deutz air diesels ran hot and heated things up as well sitting right next to steel frames and engines. They pumped air conditioned chilled air and had waterbar spray chambers to make it workable or survivable. You'd drink a couple gallons each day and sweat would just roll off just like being in a sauna. The company furnished fruity electrolytes drinking packets to mix in your water. Kind of an awful occupation. I watched folks get puking sick and even pass out from the heat.
Originally Posted by Henryseale
I well remember that when I was a kid back in the early 60's in the southeast. That is exactly why we had separate water fountains back then. That way they could drink how they pleased and we could as well. I would not want to drink water from a fountain nozzle that someone had been literally sucking on. Don't tell me it did not happen as I witnessed it regularly back then. They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them with separate fountains. Seemed very accommodating to me. What was the problem with that? But no, some people somehow thought that it was evil to provide them with their own fountains and forced the removal of separate facilities which then enabled them to pollute everyone's drinking fountain. This often resulted in many public fountains being eliminated altogether. So, no more public water in many public areas for anyone. Now, I am sure some jackass is going to start calling me names for saying this, but it was simple fact behavior that I regularly witnessed.

No one doubts it at all.
If they do.
They live or lived in white bread USA.

Never interacted with the world's most expensive voting pets growing up in Whitebread Maine.

That all changed in 83 when I joined the Army.

For every 5 to 10 out of 100 that are good solid people.
They don't make up for the other useless ones at all..
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Yup with the thick aluminum canteens.
Probably what caused my cataracts and arthuritis.............all them aluminium molecules when I was a kid.

No one doubts it at all.
If they do.

Never interacted with the world's most expensive voting pets growing up in Whitebread Maine.

We were somewhat integrated in SoCal where I grew up after 4th grade.

I saw as many dumb white and brown kids suckin on the water fountains as the few black kids in the school. Stupidity knows no boundaries. How fuggin hard is it to figure out how to work a water fountain??

No one doubts it at all.
If they do.

I saw as many dumb white and brown kids suckin on the water fountains as the few black kids in the school. Stupidity knows no boundaries. How fuggin hard is it to figure out how to work a water fountain??

I grew up with NA,s and Whites.

Only dumbfuggs were French American types.
French Canadian Scum that mostly came down from Quebec and NewBrinswick during the depression and stayed for Ghos

Never seen them sucking starting a water fountain.
Gotta give em that....

But I have seen the 1.0 doing it.
Seen the Sand version of the 1.0 doing it also.

No one doubts it at all.
If they do.

Surprised no one mentioned the term for that type of ill mannered drinking.

Pretty common when we were kids sharing a bottle of soda after riding our bike to the nearest store.

"Hey Tom don't [bleep] lip that bottle"

Whew how times have changed.
Times have certainly changed for the better.

Municipalities will let contracts to companies that hire Italian labor at least. wink
Originally Posted by FatCity67

No one doubts it at all.
If they do.

Surprised no one mentioned the term for that type of ill mannered drinking.

Pretty common when we were kids sharing a bottle of soda after riding our bike to the nearest store.

"Hey Tom don't [bleep] lip that bottle"

Whew how times have changed.
We used the term when passing around a J Bar.
🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Those plastic bottles are being put to good use in remote areas of Africa where clean water doesn't exist and there's no power to purify it. UV kills bugs in water. They fill the bottles and let them lie in the sun all day. By evening, the water is purified.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: How were women - 10/02/23
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Don’t bitch! That’s what keeps ‘em wet!!

Then somebody's doing it wrong.
PJ
Posted By: persiandog Re: How were women - 10/02/23
https://fb.watch/nqHmd3Lzwr/
Times have certainly changed for the better.

Municipalities will let contracts to companies that hire Italian labor at least. wink

We hired ‘em but kept a close watch. grin
Now them Irish Travelers, no way.
© 24hourcampfire