Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ever able to survive 25 years ago when they didn’t carry a water bottle with them everywhere they went?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Public drinking fountains before the Corona shut them all down.

an ancillary question to yours might be.

How did the US public survive without 20oz bottles of friggen purified tap water sold everywhere?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don’t bitch! That’s what keeps ‘em wet!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
could you imagine the reaction when bottled water first appeared on the market?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Ever able to survive 25 years ago when they didn’t carry a water bottle with them everywhere they went?

Twenty-five years ago the West wasn't overrun with diseased filth from the world's worst cesspits...so the girls could drink from public drinking fountains.

I am happy for my girls to carry water.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Seeing a public water fountain is like seeing a pay phone booth these days. Welcome to the future grandpa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
25 years ago when I started in heavy equipment construction you brought your own jug of water or you toughed it out lol. Then a bunch of dumbass illegal alien farm workers kicked the bucket in the field because they were to stupid to bring their own water….. Now the state OSHA got involved and every employer has to provide water (min of 1qt per hour/per worker) also have to provide shade and 15 min breaks like every 2 hours or wherever someone feels exhausted…… it’s beyond ridiculous….. my company has over a 1000 field employees…. They have to provide bottled water and ice for every one of them….. pallets and pallets of bottled water at the yard and we get an ice delivery every day for the 3 big ice freezers. There is no more personal responsibility 🤦🏻‍♂️🥴🥴🥴

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remember when pickininnies used put their whole set of soup-cooler lips over the entire spout and heel ?? And then commence to drinking only to stop for gasps of air every 30 seconds…

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by hardway
25 years ago when I started in heavy equipment construction you brought your own jug of water or you toughed it out lol. Then a bunch of dumbass illegal alien farm workers kicked the bucket in the field because they were to stupid to bring their own water….. Now the state OSHA got involved and every employer has to provide water (min of 1qt per hour/per worker) also have to provide shade and 15 min breaks like every 2 hours or wherever someone feels exhausted…… it’s beyond ridiculous….. my company has over a 1000 field employees…. They have to provide bottled water and ice for every one of them….. pallets and pallets of bottled water at the yard and we get an ice delivery every day for the 3 big ice freezers. There is no more personal responsibility 🤦🏻‍♂️🥴🥴🥴
I'm in the same industry. Not allowed to provide single serving water bottles anymore because they are a trip/fall hazard to the wetbacks after they litter the jobsite with empties.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They stayed home in the kitchen and had easy access to tap water.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jericho

Evian is naive spelled backwards.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the greatest swindles of all time. That said, we're in a country where clean water is normal. Mexicans here buy it by the truck load. I guess they come from a country where most of the water is polluted. Same for Asians where plastic bottles are the biggest pollutant of their rivers and coastlines.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Seeing a public water fountain is like seeing a pay phone booth these days. Welcome to the future grandpa.

They had public water fountains all over Switzerland when we were there a couple of months ago. It was way better tasting to us than any of the bottled water sold. Évian-les-Bains was right across Lake Geneva from us when we were staying in Montreux. It is home to Evian water and that was about the only bottled water sold in the area, but few (if any) of the locals were drinking it that I saw. The vast majority of them would refill their own water bottles from the fountains.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
One of the greatest swindles of all time. That said, we're in a country where clean water is normal. Mexicans here buy it by the truck load. I guess they come from a country where most of the water is polluted. Same for Asians where plastic bottles are the biggest pollutant of their rivers and coastlines.

Same in Peru, but we generally buy it in bigger containers that are probably close to 3 or 4 gallons each when I looked at them. I take big Yeti or Rtic drink ware when we go and leave them for the family. They have the smallest damn glasses there that I have ever seen in Peru. I don't normally drink soft drinks, but I seem to drink a lot of Inca Cola when there.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Remember when pickininnies used put their whole set of soup-cooler lips over the entire spout and heel ?? And then commence to drinking only to stop for gasps of air every 30 seconds…

YES I DO!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣. They could make the whole spout disappear

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Women and men that I knew, carried water in plastic gallon Purex and Clorox bottles. The brightest filled them half full and froze them overnight, before filling them on up when headed to the field.

The more affluent used Thermos half gallon and gallon coolers. We never went anywhere in the summer without water in the car.

Oh yes, and canvas water bags hanging from the rear view side mirrors of every truck. Which the entire crew drank from.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up drinking from a water hose.... so far so good

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
In 1973 and '74, I worked on a farm.
There was one large, yellow Igloo water cooler with a block of ice inside and one tin cup.

Every worker - white, black, Puerto Rican and "Texican",
drank from the same cup. Nobody got sick or caught a disease from it.

Different times.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JeffyD
In 1973 and '74, I worked on a farm.
There was one large, yellow Igloo water cooler with a block of ice inside and one tin cup.

Every worker - white, black, Puerto Rican and "Texican",
drank from the same cup. Nobody got sick or caught a disease from it.

Different times.

You used a cup? We would give the valve a quick squirt to get the dust out then lean under to get a drink.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
I grew up drinking from a water hose.... so far so good
I drank my share that way too.................

It wasn't even mine many times, riding our bikes, needed a drink, pull over run up to the valve on someone's house, get a drink out their yard hose.

Not good well water like we have here either. Good ol' Colorado River water transported 100's of miles to a plant in SoCal and chlorinated to all get out.

I'm typing this, so I must not be dead yet, eh?

Last edited by Valsdad; 10/01/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,592
Posts18,473,455
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.