Home
Posted By: NVhntr Air Tags - 10/06/23
How do these things work? How close will it direct you to a missing object; feet, yards?
If something is misplaced in the house will it help narrow down where, or just show it’s in the house?
Posted By: Longbob Re: Air Tags - 10/06/23
It will direct you within a couple of feet if you start using the locater option and walk towards it. Only time I had a problem locating it was when it was in a second floor bedroom and I was close, but on the first floor.
Posted By: GringoCazador Re: Air Tags - 10/06/23
I have about six of them on everything from dirt bikes to tractors.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Air Tags - 10/06/23
Thanks, that helps, my home is single level.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Air Tags - 10/06/23
I use Tile Pro on all my bags when traveling. Internationally, Android is far more prevalent than Apple phones so they work much better. But the Tile Pro also works on iOS. They supposedly have better range than Airtags - upto 400 ft. Airtags are something like 30 ft.

Tile Pro
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Air Tags - 10/06/23
If you put an AirTag in a piece of luggage, can you see where it landed in Uzbekistan from Key West?
Originally Posted by jimmyp
If you put an AirTag in a piece of luggage, can you see where it landed in Uzbekistan from Key West?

My wife was flying back from Italy and I could track her over the Atlantic which was surprising to me. I guess someone was close enough to the cargo hold and had an Apple device connected to the plane's satellite wifi.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I use Tile Pro on all my bags when traveling. Internationally, Android is far more prevalent than Apple phones so they work much better. But the Tile Pro also works on iOS. They supposedly have better range than Airtags - upto 400 ft. Airtags are something like 30 ft.

Tile Pro

https://www.pcmag.com/news/airtag-vs-tile-which-bluetooth-tracker-should-you-choose
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Air Tags - 10/07/23
Originally Posted by Longbob

Tile Pro

https://www.pcmag.com/news/airtag-vs-tile-which-bluetooth-tracker-should-you-choose

They're riding the Apple brand pretty hard. They didn't mention that the Tile Pro has more than 10 times the range of the Airtag and you don't have to subscribe to the premium service to get 95% of the benefit of the Tile Pro. The premium service only provides history so unless you are tracking down a wayward wife, it's of little use.

When traveling outside of the US, there aren't enough iOS systems to make the Airtag viable so the Tile Pro is the way to go.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Air Tags - 10/07/23
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Air Tags - 10/07/23
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

This.

Distant neighbor’s grandson “borrowed” my Big Red while I was away. He was very surprised to see me when I knocked on Gramp’s door and guided both to a shed back in the woods and there it was.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Air Tags - 10/07/23
Originally Posted by Longbob

Tile Pro

They're riding the Apple brand pretty hard. They didn't mention that the Tile Pro has more than 10 times the range of the Airtag and you don't have to subscribe to the premium service to get 95% of the benefit of the Tile Pro. The premium service only provides history so unless you are tracking down a wayward wife, it's of little use.

When traveling outside of the US, there aren't enough iOS systems to make the Airtag viable so the Tile Pro is the way to go.

I completely disagree with the statement about outside the US and lack of Apple coverage. We travel outside the US at least once a quarter and that includes Europe, Asia, and South America. We have been able to track items just as easily and quickly as we do in the US.

This may come as a surprise, but there are approximately 1.5 billion iPhones worldwide and only 125 million of them are in the USA. That doesn't count iPads, Macbooks, or anything else that can transmit a AirTag signal. This supports a lot of what is said in that article.
Posted By: deflave Re: Air Tags - 10/07/23
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

This.

Distant neighbor’s grandson “borrowed” my Big Red while I was away. He was very surprised to see me when I knocked on Gramp’s door and guided both to a shed back in the woods and there it was.

So you're a dumb fugk that is so desperate for friends that you loan out your schit?

LOL
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Air Tags - 10/08/23
Thank me later.

© 24hourcampfire