Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#18821497 10/06/23
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How do these things work? How close will it direct you to a missing object; feet, yards?
If something is misplaced in the house will it help narrow down where, or just show it’s in the house?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It will direct you within a couple of feet if you start using the locater option and walk towards it. Only time I had a problem locating it was when it was in a second floor bedroom and I was close, but on the first floor.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have about six of them on everything from dirt bikes to tractors.

Thanks, Billy
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, that helps, my home is single level.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use Tile Pro on all my bags when traveling. Internationally, Android is far more prevalent than Apple phones so they work much better. But the Tile Pro also works on iOS. They supposedly have better range than Airtags - upto 400 ft. Airtags are something like 30 ft.

Tile Pro

Last edited by STRSWilson; 10/06/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If you put an AirTag in a piece of luggage, can you see where it landed in Uzbekistan from Key West?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jimmyp
If you put an AirTag in a piece of luggage, can you see where it landed in Uzbekistan from Key West?

My wife was flying back from Italy and I could track her over the Atlantic which was surprising to me. I guess someone was close enough to the cargo hold and had an Apple device connected to the plane's satellite wifi.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I use Tile Pro on all my bags when traveling. Internationally, Android is far more prevalent than Apple phones so they work much better. But the Tile Pro also works on iOS. They supposedly have better range than Airtags - upto 400 ft. Airtags are something like 30 ft.

Tile Pro

https://www.pcmag.com/news/airtag-vs-tile-which-bluetooth-tracker-should-you-choose

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob

Tile Pro

https://www.pcmag.com/news/airtag-vs-tile-which-bluetooth-tracker-should-you-choose

They're riding the Apple brand pretty hard. They didn't mention that the Tile Pro has more than 10 times the range of the Airtag and you don't have to subscribe to the premium service to get 95% of the benefit of the Tile Pro. The premium service only provides history so unless you are tracking down a wayward wife, it's of little use.

When traveling outside of the US, there aren't enough iOS systems to make the Airtag viable so the Tile Pro is the way to go.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

This.

Distant neighbor’s grandson “borrowed” my Big Red while I was away. He was very surprised to see me when I knocked on Gramp’s door and guided both to a shed back in the woods and there it was.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Longbob

Tile Pro

They're riding the Apple brand pretty hard. They didn't mention that the Tile Pro has more than 10 times the range of the Airtag and you don't have to subscribe to the premium service to get 95% of the benefit of the Tile Pro. The premium service only provides history so unless you are tracking down a wayward wife, it's of little use.

When traveling outside of the US, there aren't enough iOS systems to make the Airtag viable so the Tile Pro is the way to go.

I completely disagree with the statement about outside the US and lack of Apple coverage. We travel outside the US at least once a quarter and that includes Europe, Asia, and South America. We have been able to track items just as easily and quickly as we do in the US.

This may come as a surprise, but there are approximately 1.5 billion iPhones worldwide and only 125 million of them are in the USA. That doesn't count iPads, Macbooks, or anything else that can transmit a AirTag signal. This supports a lot of what is said in that article.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

This.

Distant neighbor’s grandson “borrowed” my Big Red while I was away. He was very surprised to see me when I knocked on Gramp’s door and guided both to a shed back in the woods and there it was.

So you're a dumb fugk that is so desperate for friends that you loan out your schit?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank me later.

Proud NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

409 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,964
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.