Home
Covid is basically over but now we have an European and new middle eastern war. Today I read somewhere the 24hr Campfires favorite president FJB was suspending civilian sales from Lake City?

Some other chatter about Vista group (Federal, CCI, Speer and a whole lot more) was purchased by some group out of the Czech Republic. I've no real idea or information if anybody this is factual but it wouldn't be a positive development now would it.
Looks like you were right about the sale of Vistas ammo business.

They are apparently going to focus on gay stuff like hiking and biking.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Covid is basically over but now we have an European and new middle eastern war. Today I read somewhere the 24hr Campfires favorite president FJB was suspending civilian sales from Lake City?

Some other chatter about Vista group (Federal, CCI, Speer and a whole lot more) was purchased by some group out of the Czech Republic. I've no real idea or information if anybody this is factual but it wouldn't be a positive development now would it.
Lake city seems legit. Not sure of the others. Gov getting ready to bury us in ww3, so gots to get some ammo. Hopefully you all bought when the buying was right
Vista Outdoor, which is planning on spinning off its outdoor sports business unit into a separate company this year, will sell off its shooting sports businesses first in a $1.91 billion deal with Czechoslovak Group a.s. ("CSG"). CSG is acquiring four factories and the consumer brands CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington and Speer.

CSG is described as "a leading industrial technology holding company, operating within five strategic business segments, including defense, aerospace, ammunition, mobility and business." It is 100% owned by Czech billionaire Michal Strnad.

https://bicycleretailer.com/industr...lls-ammunition-business-191-billion-deal
Michal Strnad

$1.9B Real Time Net Worth

Michal Strnad is a 30 year old Czech billionaire who is the owner and CEO of Czechoslovak Group (CSG), an industrial holding company that produces ammunition, special army trucks, army vehicles, active radars, among others.

Strnad inherited CSG from his father in 2018, who founded it in 1995.

CSG is the fourth largest ammunition producer in the EU, and traditionally one of the big defense industry producers in Europe.

CSG also owns a traditional Czech watchmaker, PRIM.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/michal-strnad/?sh=45d7c7436401
I have about 400 rounds of premium shotgun ammunition in the mail as we speak.

#feed
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Michal Strnad

$1.9B Real Time Net Worth

Michal Strnad is a 30 year old Czech billionaire who is the owner and CEO of Czechoslovak Group (CSG), an industrial holding company that produces ammunition, special army trucks, army vehicles, active radars, among others.

Strnad inherited CSG from his father in 2018, who founded it in 1995.

CSG is the fourth largest ammunition producer in the EU, and traditionally one of the big defense industry producers in Europe.

CSG also owns a traditional Czech watchmaker, PRIM.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/michal-strnad/?sh=45d7c7436401

This deserves its own thread, GumShoo. Good work
Michal Strnad

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by SamOlson

#feed

I reckon I'll go shopping tomorrow...
Poobs, I see no good reason to not have extra shotgun ammo.

Right?
Poobs, I see no good reason to not have extra shotgun ammo.

Right?

When it comes to ammo?

If it's worth havin' - it's worth havin' a pile of.

GR
CZ also owns CZ and Colt, right?

#feed

LOL

That’s a day and a half’s worth for me.

Keep chugging!!!

🤣🤣😂
^ wow. At that rear you shoot over 97,000 shotgun rounds a year? Lol.
Sgammo, which is usually among the best online, has suspended most new sales due to receiving 10,000 orders in a few days. People are panicking again.
Same company owns Fiocchi.com

They also own a company that makes a licensed version of the T-72, APCs, and several that make artillery shells.
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
People are panicking again.

I am going to remain cautiously optimistic.

Doubt Michal Strnad is going through all this time, trouble and expense just to trash the companies.

The Europeans have a habit of taking a longer term view of things than their American manager counterparts.

Let's see who he appoints to run the thing. May be telling.

I don't see a reason to panic, because of this deal anyway.
I noticed yesterday that the 9MM and 5.56 / .223 was gone again. I figured the dumbass guy calling for global jihad for last Friday motivated people to go shopping.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Same company owns Fiocchi.com

Fiocchi small pistol and small rifle primers are consistently on the shelf at my local Sportsmans Warehouse and a local gunshop with no limit. The SPP are running $90 for 1500 and the SRP are running $100 for 1500. CCI and Federal primers have a limit of 2-100 round packages and the price works out to the same, if they would sell you more than 200.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Spandex is trending.
It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up.
If people are caught short they are idiots.

You are thuch an ath Jim.
We'll create another shortage for ourselves. Collectively we are a stupid group.
Yes.
Let me see if I have this straight. If we did not stockpile ammo and components when they were readily available we were just stupid. And if we stockpiled ammo and components when they were readily available were are responsible for the shortage because we are hoarding.

Have I got that right?
Looks like Vista, or their PE owners, bought SIMMS. Not the other way around...

https://investors.vistaoutdoor.com/...uire-Simms-Fishing-Products/default.aspx
Originally Posted by K1500
Yes, hes a pathological liar
I agree with SupFoo. No reason to not be optimistic. Vista had plenty of opportunities to really grow and leverage their position, but has been setting up for this sale for a couple of years. Michal Strnad has a vision and is going to control a big chunk of the world market. I feel better about him controlling it than a bunch of bicycle boys from Utah and Bozeman.
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Let me see if I have this straight. If we did not stockpile ammo and components when they were readily available we were just stupid. And if we stockpiled ammo and components when they were readily available were are responsible for the shortage because we are hoarding.

Have I got that right?

No.

If masses go out and buy ammo that they otherwise wouldn't have because of the Lake City and Vista buyout situations, they are stupid and that will create another shooter induced shortage.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
We'll create another shortage for ourselves. Collectively we are a stupid group.
Paul your brain is functioning at 100%
there was no shortage when afghan and iraq wars going at the same time. ammo all over the place and cheap. Russia and jukraine mostly use steel 5.45 ammo. will the 7 year shortage of 22RF be blamed on wars? the problem is boomers started retiring by the millions around 2007 or so and 10K rds can be ordered to your door with a clic of a mouse every month. they now have the time and money to blast away. remember this is the me generation
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Not EVERY DAY of the year, you Fuqking moron, but EVERY DAY I shoot.

Two days of practice last week was 600 rounds
I own a little stock in the ticker symbol POWW which manufactures ammo and owns Gunbroker. It went up 8.77% yesterday and is up on the pre-market this AM.

That’s what I was thinking. Let’s all go out and buy a bunch of stuff to add to our inventory. That inventory will already last our lifetimes, plus some years.
Originally Posted by mrmeener

It comes and goes. I'll take the wins when I can get them.
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

That's a hell of a lot of missing.

I’m getting used to it

😂
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Have I got that right?

That’s about the size of it. Extra demerits awarded if you’re a Boomer.

Wonder if much of the so-called panic buying is actually being done by speculators. I’m fully qualified for that: I’m retired, have a number of hats and jackets and sunglasses, and a cellphone. Regrettably, I’m also criminally lazy, so I’ll continue to just be content with my real job, waiting for Direct Deposit….
Originally Posted by dale06

That’s what I was thinking. Let’s all go out and buy a bunch of stuff to add to our inventory. That inventory will already last our lifetimes, plus some years.

Panic buying is never smart. It's a good way for us to collectively shoot ourselves in the foot. Remember the Covid TP shortage? That was a panic induced shortage. On the other hand the automobile shortage was very real. There were about 2.5 million fewer produced in 2020 than there were in 2019.

If the news of Lake City cutting civilian contracts and of CZ buying Vista creates a rush on all ammo and reloading supplies, that will result in a panic driven shortage (TP) rather than a real shortage (cars.)
Originally Posted by Hastings
I own a little stock in the ticker symbol POWW which manufactures ammo and owns Gunbroker. It went up 8.77% yesterday and is up on the pre-market this AM.
Vista Outdoor stock plummeted yesterday losing 1/4 its value which is hundreds of millions of dollars. Some folks don't like them getting out of the ammo business. Down over 1% in the pre-market.

I’m getting used to it

😂

If there's anything I am really good at, it's missing with a shotgun. I am a damn virtuoso.

That's up for debate. laugh
As long as the gooberment has been trying to restrict our access to guns and ammunition, I have a hard time buying this “shooter induced” shortage stuff.
The bottom line is that they don’t want us to be able to defend ourselves from them!
Both parties seek a docile population that does what they’re told to do. They don’t want people thinking for themselves. They do everything they can to control the situation, censor those who speak out about what is being done, and control your life and your money.
They want a population that does what they’re told to do, and continues to pay the taxes and follow all the rules. This explains the open borders and the flood of immigrants.
You are being replaced with a more docile species!
I have said it before. They’re not afraid of guns! They’re surrounded by guns in the hands of those who are payed to enforce their laws and collect the money which they decide you should pay.
They’re afraid of you! If you believe things like “Glowbull Warming”, climate change is made up, and if you believe maybe they control elections, YOU ARE A DANGER TO THEM!
Governments left unchecked will always take on a life of their own, and other than 4 years under Trump, our government has gone unchecked for decades.
Reon
Originally Posted by tzone

That's up for debate. laugh
LOL
This won't help: Hornday dang ol boom man
Originally Posted by Stickfight
This won't help: Hornday dang ol boom man

LMAO, Hornady isn’t going to miss a beat. They are really good at recovering from explosions since this is the 2nd or 3rd one since 2016. Last 2 were in GI proper so they built the new plant out of town.
Originally Posted by ingwe

#feed

Thinking likewise.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by ingwe

#feed

Thinking likewise.

I did indeed go shopping today . Found TAC at a good price, Hornady bullets on sale at one place, and Fiocchi primers $9.99 for a sleeve of 150

#feed
That won't be enough for an ATA trap shoot.
Originally Posted by colorado bob

#feed
I don’t think Sam needs ammo for a registered shoot. He is after cock.
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
People are panicking again.

I am going to remain cautiously optimistic.

Doubt Michal Strnad is going through all this time, trouble and expense just to trash the companies.

The Europeans have a habit of taking a longer term view of things than their American manager counterparts.

Let's see who he appoints to run the thing. May be telling.

I don't see a reason to panic, because of this deal anyway.

Oh, I don't think most people have a clue about what happened with Vista. I think they're panicking because half of the world looks like it's on fire and there isn't much faith in the folks "keeping everyone safe."
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
As long as the gooberment has been trying to restrict our access to guns and ammunition, I have a hard time buying this “shooter induced” shortage stuff.
The bottom line is that they don’t want us to be able to defend ourselves from them!
Both parties seek a docile population that does what they’re told to do. They don’t want people thinking for themselves. They do everything they can to control the situation, censor those who speak out about what is being done, and control your life and your money.
They want a population that does what they’re told to do, and continues to pay the taxes and follow all the rules. This explains the open borders and the flood of immigrants.
You are being replaced with a more docile species!
I have said it before. They’re not afraid of guns! They’re surrounded by guns in the hands of those who are payed to enforce their laws and collect the money which they decide you should pay.
They’re afraid of you! If you believe things like “Glowbull Warming”, climate change is made up, and if you believe maybe they control elections, YOU ARE A DANGER TO THEM!
Governments left unchecked will always take on a life of their own, and other than 4 years under Trump, our government has gone unchecked for decades.
Reon

Gun restrictions are repeatedly being struck down in court. So the logical way to restrict them is through ammo accessibility. Lead bans, taxes, "diverting" components to "government use" in other countries, etc.
Originally Posted by dale06

My two handloader sons would disagree. They are not in a position to stock up, I am and have done so for many years. So, yes, "plus some years". Gunwizzo would chit his britches if he saw my 22 RF supply.
Today I read somewhere the 24hr Campfires favorite president FJB was suspending civilian sales from Lake City?
Not sure why you think Brandon is the favorite President here. I believe most members of the Hunter's Campfire still think Trump is President.
Spot on Ed. If I never buy another component or round of ammo, I'd be in fine shape for myself.

I've got daughters, a SIL and grandson's that I'm working to set up for future.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by colorado bob

#feed
I don’t think Sam needs ammo for a registered shoot. He is after cock.

Yep, I'm not a high volume shooter but like to have a supply on hand just in case things get hard to find in the future. Why not stock up(hoard....lol)?

I don't see prices coming down much if at all.

Might just order another 200 rounds of Golden Phez right now!
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Today I read somewhere the 24hr Campfires favorite president FJB was suspending civilian sales from Lake City?
Not sure why you think Brandon is the favorite President here. I believe most members of the Hunter's Campfire still think Trump is President.
Like 2 people here think trump is still president lol

There are even some American Last cucks that didn’t vote for and don’t support Trump on here.

We may never see affordable components again.

Theo voted for Brandon.
I'm glad I stocked up earlier this month. I got 5000 small pistol primers and 3000 plated 9mm bullets. I already had plenty of powder, since the 9mm uses so little per charge. I've loaded 10000 rounds of ammo this summer already, and loaded roughly 8000 rounds, but I haven't shot that many. I've got plenty of loaded ammo stashed, but I'm in good shape for now, at least until most of this stuff blows over. Got plenty of .22 rimfire, quite a bit of .223, a good amount of .45 ACP, and quite a bit of other stuff, or the ability to load it. I've had the rifle bullets I need for a LONG time, and plenty of powder for those, too. Got roughly 1500 rounds of 12 gauge, too.

Yeah, I'm a boomer, and yeah, I've got a helluva lot of ammo. Get over it.
No shortages yet IMO. But not staying on track as far as coming down in price, it's slowed.. Been tracking a bit & comparing to what I watched during the Trump years.

Getting to be like very active in stock trading, when to by. Will it go down more? Or freeze,,, or skyrocket.
Looking forward to new times. Buying what I can when I can. This is just one drawer
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I wish I had stocked up on trap loads. Just didn't shoot as much as I would have liked. I thought it was funny that stores had pallets of clay birds but no shells to shoot them with. I have quite a bit of primers powder and bullets but keep most of stuff in components. If I croak they would be easier to sell. Just load a couple or three hundred at a time
I ain't gonna be caught flat footed.

300 more Golden Pheasant on order. 16 and 20 gauge, 5 and 6 shot. $1 apiece with $hipping.

Double as self defense ammo or barter material so win/win.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I'm glad I stocked up earlier this month. I got 5000 small pistol primers and 3000 plated 9mm bullets. I already had plenty of powder, since the 9mm uses so little per charge. I've loaded 10000 rounds of ammo this summer already, and loaded roughly 8000 rounds, but I haven't shot that many. I've got plenty of loaded ammo stashed, but I'm in good shape for now, at least until most of this stuff blows over. Got plenty of .22 rimfire, quite a bit of .223, a good amount of .45 ACP, and quite a bit of other stuff, or the ability to load it. I've had the rifle bullets I need for a LONG time, and plenty of powder for those, too. Got roughly 1500 rounds of 12 gauge, too.

Lol.

I hear ya.
I’m a little disappointed.

There should be way more 70 old members bragging about the [bleep] they’ve been ratholing for the last 40 years and laughing about all the components their grandkids are going to sell for penny’s or turn into the local Stasi
I was all ready to pounce on some good deals next spring on leftover ammo before the stupid middle east insanity. Now, I'm going to have to wait another 5 years before things settle down.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

There should be way more 70 old members bragging about the [bleep] they’ve been ratholing for the last 40 years and laughing about all the components their grandkids are going to sell for penny’s or turn into the local Stasi

Well, you got it, Whiner.

You & Flave just continue to be cockswappers. You'll be fine.

Hold on, I've got to to take a BP pill, Vodka anyone?

But Pard, just relax. Pard.

Golly.....that's almost some.
Let’s not forget that there is no reason for any of us to be experiencing shortages of anything in the United States over the past 20 years.

Other than white liberals.
Originally Posted by deflave
Let’s not forget that there is no reason for any of us to be experiencing shortages of anything in the United States over the past 20 years.

Exactly. 💯
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Well, you got it, Whiner.

You & Flave just continue to be cockswappers. You'll be fine.

Hold on, I've got to to take a BP pill, Vodka anyone?

But Pard, just relax. Pard.

Sorry you’re bitch.

I guess?

Well, I guess I'm supposed to be impressed, me being a young person and all......

I'm still waiting for my feeling of awe to kick in.
I have no sympathy for anyone who gets caught short on ammo or components this time around.

The shelves have been full of 22 ammo and other center fire rounds for quite a while now, reloading components have been generally available although the prices were high but not as high as they will be when they are soon not available again.

That light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

drover
I got 44 CoreLokts left. Hope that's enough. If humanity blows itself up, I hope it's soon. Next year I gotta buy a furnace, an air conditioner, a car and send another kid to college. I'd hate to go through all that headache and then die before I go on my first Canada fishing trip in July.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Well, I guess I'm supposed to be impressed, me being a young person and all......

Just let your jealousy emotion run wild and be sure not to ever sacrifice for anything.

That Starbucks pumpkin latte sure is tasty..
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Just let your jealousy emotion run wild and be sure not to ever sacrifice for anything.

That Starbucks pumpkin latte sure is tasty..

I'll be sure to take a vote on how hard I have to check my privilege too
shortage ? sheeit, all I gotta do is dig up some of my Y2K stash

then there's the 2012 re-obama stash

then the cv19 stash

there ain't no shortage out here
Originally Posted by deflave

White liberals are an illusion.
I am still working on my .22 stash from pre 2008..... smile

Theo voted for Brandon.
Oh f uck. Didnt know that
Originally Posted by Swamplord
shortage ? sheeit, all I gotta do is dig up some of my Y2K stash

then there's the 2012 re-obama stash

then the cv19 stash

there ain't no shortage out here

Lol.

Cryin here.

Theo voted for Brandon.
Oh f uck. Didnt know that

One of the biggest Never Trumper/grabbed pussy types here.
Just picked up another 3000 primers tonight at $59/1000. Cci 400s, 450s, and 550s.

Was thinking about waiting for prices to drop more but figured I'd get a few more while they're here. I can cast bullets if I ever run out and aneal brass but it's always good to have primers. Local stores have already started raising ammo prices again. Cci Blazer brass 9mm was $10.99/50 the other day but at the same shop tonight it was $12.99. No 223 or 5.56 was under 60 cents a round tonight.

Bb
I would have sure bought primers at that price.
I would have sure bought primers at that price.

If you have a Cal ranch store or sportsmans warehouse nearby check at those places. I got the 400s at sportsmans and the 450s and 550s at cal.

Bb

You are thuch an ath Jim.

That's ok...some of us got it.
© 24hourcampfire