Home
to a Czech company for 1.91 billion.

Vista Outdoors just sold off their ammo stable.

Discuss

https://www.americanrifleman.org/co...eral-cci-hevi-shot-remington-ammo-speer/

🦫
“ the consumer brands CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington and Speer will continue their heritage of community and conservation support through local and national organizations.”

And here lies the heart of the problem….instead of reinforcing their commitment to producing quality products and striving for customer satisfaction they want to reassure us that their community activism will continue!

These corporations need to stop with the superfluous bullshit and community activism and instead just produce good ammo and components that are readily AVAILABLE and reasonably priced….they can shove their outreach up their ass, that’s not their purpose.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
“ the consumer brands CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington and Speer will continue their heritage of community and conservation support through local and national organizations.”

And here lies the heart of the problem….instead of reinforcing their commitment to producing quality products and striving for customer satisfaction they want to reassure us that their community activism will continue!

These corporations need to stop with the superfluous bullshit and community activism and instead just produce good ammo and components that are readily AVAILABLE and reasonably priced….they can shove their outreach up their ass, that’s not their purpose.
Yep
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Totally agree. Just produce excellent products and STFU.
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. I am concerned that one single corporation now owns such a large number of the major suppliers of ammunition and components.
Originally Posted by Henryseale
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. I am concerned that one single corporation now owns such a large number of the major suppliers of ammunition and components.
Has been one large corporation for years.
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. .
Correct, it also meant they will continue to support the community in and around Anoka as well as organizations such as the NRA, SAF, or whatever organizations ATK and Vista have supported in the past.

Said nothing about going woke, didn’t even give the slightest hint of going woke.

I expressed that sentiment about Hodgdons as they bought up everyone.

And was blasted for even thinking such a reputable company would abuse their customers if they became a monopoly.

Was just paging through the Natchez catalog last night.
For some reason our domestically produced powders are now more expensive than some of the traditionally more expensive Euro brands.

Hmmmmm? I wonder why my ass hurts?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

And was blasted for even thinking such a reputable company would abuse their customers if they became a monopoly.

For some reason our domestically produced powders are now more expensive than some of the traditionally more expensive Euro brands.

Many Alliant powders are produced overseas, they are crazy expensive and not owed by Hodgdon
One plus that I can see in this is that Czechoslovak Group is NOT a publicly-held corporation. You won't be having anti-gun, anti-hunting groups submitting shareholder resolutions every year as you would have had with The Kinetic Group aka the spun-off Sporting Products group of Vista Outdoor.

One only needs to look at the examples of Ruger and Smith & Wesson to see what I'm talking about. Small orders of Catholic nuns hold enough shares that they can submit these shareholder resolutions and then have so-called socially conscious "independent" analysts tell mutual funds that they need to support these efforts with their votes.
A country under the control of the EU (read UN) now controls the production of a large portion of our ammo supply.

Think about that for a minute.
Yes, public corporations are fighting to survive the woke agenda and it’s emphasis on ESG scores. Funding and other things needed to conduct business is tied to this. The privately held Czech company probably can ignore that schit.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Many Alliant powders are produced overseas, they are crazy expensive and not owed by Hodgdon

So?

Wasn't talking about them when I said "domestically produced".

The IMR and Ball powders produced in North America were the ones I was talking about.

Doesn't really matter.

The relationship on price has changed considerably since Hodgons has went from down the list of distributors, to owning much of the list.

Well supplied, but I'm thinking any new load development I do will be with one of the newer suppliers. The amount of dollars is really inconsequential. Just not one to bend over and spread 'em.
Originally Posted by kelbro
A country under the control of the EU (read UN) now controls the production of a large portion of our ammo supply.

I've been shooting Italian shotgun shells for years.
Originally Posted by kelbro

You think this guy is under the thumb of the UN because he is a Czech a Billionaire Czech, that seems like a stretch.
Sandy Hook ..
Government Powder Co.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Discuss

Pretty much beat to death 3 days ago.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...mmo-and-component-shortages#Post18849017
Originally Posted by jpr9954
One plus that I can see in this is that Czechoslovak Group is NOT a publicly-held corporation. You won't be having anti-gun, anti-hunting groups submitting shareholder resolutions every year as you would have had with The Kinetic Group aka the spun-off Sporting Products group of Vista Outdoor.

One only needs to look at the examples of Ruger and Smith & Wesson to see what I'm talking about. Small orders of Catholic nuns hold enough shares that they can submit these shareholder resolutions and then have so-called socially conscious "independent" analysts tell mutual funds that they need to support these efforts with their votes.

Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Yes, public corporations are fighting to survive the woke agenda and it’s emphasis on ESG scores. Funding and other things needed to conduct business is tied to this. The privately held Czech company probably can ignore that schit.

Yup. Both of those are encouraging to me. I‘ve bought a lot of Fioochi ammo the last few years, all made here, and priced reasonably, and the quality is good to excellent. I’ve noticed they’re easing into the U.S. primer market as well.

Seems better to me that a shooting-oriented businessman owning all those brands is better than them being under the control of some “investment group” run by tennis- and golf-playing money geeks.

As to powder prices, I’ve tried to figure out any sort of pattern to the wide price variances and gave it up to supply and demand. One thing’s certain though, and that’s that powder prices are subject to the same inflation as the rest of the stuff we buy, so buckle up and bend over. A few years back when the talk was all about .22 ammo, a bunch were vowing they’d never pay $.05-$.10 a pop and were holding out for the $.02 stuff they used to buy. How’d that turn out?
The company that bought them already owns Fiocchi.
Fiocchi is good ammo at a fair price. Let's hope the tradition continues.
Powder and primers are subject to supply & demand, but there is a "base expense" to them that is purely due to government(s) interference and regulation.

For instance, the domestic powder supply cannot expand because new powder plants can't be built. EPA regs won't allow it. The only hope would be DOD getting involved and having some special legislation passed to override EPA regs. It would take years, even decades and be dependent on the makeup of Congress and the courts. Even then it wouldn't be a sure thing.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Powder and primers are subject to supply & demand, but there is a "base expense" to them that is purely due to government(s) interference and regulation.

For instance, the domestic powder supply cannot expand because new powder plants can't be built. EPA regs won't allow it. The only hope would be DOD getting involved and having some special legislation passed to override EPA regs. It would take years, even decades and be dependent on the makeup of Congress and the courts. Even then it wouldn't be a sure thing.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Do they own S&B too. It's a Czech ammo producer but I think it's tied to magtech from Brazil.

Bb
When virtually ALL of our American firearms and ammunition manufacturers have been bought by foreign companies they will have effectively disarmed us through the misuse of the supply chain. I sure hope homegrown companies like Mackay’s takeoff and grow into significant companies that produce a lot of ammunition.
Palmetto is stepping up.

Unless the snob factor hurts them.
Haven't bought from them yet, but need to order some 147gr 9mm.
27 cents/round by the box.
The Czechs said Fiochi will no longer be exported.
Palmetto is stepping up.

Plus 1 for Palmetto.

To Aces point. There are no innovative American manufacturers of high end military weapons. CZ, FN, H&K, Sig, IWI, it’s all either imported, or manufactured here under foreign control. Ruger, S&W, and Remington sure as hell aren’t making “military grade weapons.”
Originally Posted by cisco1
The Czechs said Fiochi will no longer be exported.
So all of the ammo Fiocchi make will be staying here in the US?
Remind me who is running Lake City these days?
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Remind me who is running Lake City these days?

Winchester via the US government…but Winchester “runs” Lake City.
Palmetto is stepping up.

I’ve bought some of their 5.7x28 and it’s good stuff at a significantly lower price than the other stuff out there. They have their own coating for the brass and it works very well. If and when I need .223 and 9, they’ll get more of my money. I’m picking up a little pocket rocket they sold me tomorrow.
Federal has a better reputation than Winchester for ammo and components IMO. Who knows if Winchester really won the contract for LC or if Vista was contractually obliged to let gov know that they were up for sale and precluded.

Discuss

🦫

To control or in better words say make ammo unubtainium do we realize how easy it would be for a mega billionaire to buy a couple of these groups and just shut them down.
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Discuss

🦫

To control or in better words say make ammo unubtainium do we realize how easy it would be for a mega billionaire to buy a couple of these groups and just shut them down.

Well so far anyway, Soros, to name a likely candidate for such a move, hasn’t tried that. In any case, someone else would step up in time to fill the void. Honestly, those sorts aren’t likely to just throw their money away like that. Even when they get old and decrepit, the money lust never lets go.

Meanwhile, the prudent maintain a supply of ammo and the makings that insulates them from such stuff and the market blips that always occur due to politics and other factors.
Seems to confirm nice opportunity for some smart/industrious folks in the US.
© 24hourcampfire