Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
to a Czech company for 1.91 billion.

Vista Outdoors just sold off their ammo stable.

Discuss

https://www.americanrifleman.org/co...eral-cci-hevi-shot-remington-ammo-speer/

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“ the consumer brands CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington and Speer will continue their heritage of community and conservation support through local and national organizations.”

And here lies the heart of the problem….instead of reinforcing their commitment to producing quality products and striving for customer satisfaction they want to reassure us that their community activism will continue!

These corporations need to stop with the superfluous bullshit and community activism and instead just produce good ammo and components that are readily AVAILABLE and reasonably priced….they can shove their outreach up their ass, that’s not their purpose.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
“ the consumer brands CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington and Speer will continue their heritage of community and conservation support through local and national organizations.”

And here lies the heart of the problem….instead of reinforcing their commitment to producing quality products and striving for customer satisfaction they want to reassure us that their community activism will continue!

These corporations need to stop with the superfluous bullshit and community activism and instead just produce good ammo and components that are readily AVAILABLE and reasonably priced….they can shove their outreach up their ass, that’s not their purpose.
Yep

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Totally agree. Just produce excellent products and STFU.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. I am concerned that one single corporation now owns such a large number of the major suppliers of ammunition and components.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henryseale
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. I am concerned that one single corporation now owns such a large number of the major suppliers of ammunition and components.
Has been one large corporation for years.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I read that to mean they are going to continue the support of shooting and hunting. Nothing to me in this indicates any "woke" agenda. .
Correct, it also meant they will continue to support the community in and around Anoka as well as organizations such as the NRA, SAF, or whatever organizations ATK and Vista have supported in the past.

Said nothing about going woke, didn’t even give the slightest hint of going woke.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I expressed that sentiment about Hodgdons as they bought up everyone.

And was blasted for even thinking such a reputable company would abuse their customers if they became a monopoly.

Was just paging through the Natchez catalog last night.
For some reason our domestically produced powders are now more expensive than some of the traditionally more expensive Euro brands.

Hmmmmm? I wonder why my ass hurts?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

And was blasted for even thinking such a reputable company would abuse their customers if they became a monopoly.

For some reason our domestically produced powders are now more expensive than some of the traditionally more expensive Euro brands.

Many Alliant powders are produced overseas, they are crazy expensive and not owed by Hodgdon

Last edited by steve4102; 10/19/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
One plus that I can see in this is that Czechoslovak Group is NOT a publicly-held corporation. You won't be having anti-gun, anti-hunting groups submitting shareholder resolutions every year as you would have had with The Kinetic Group aka the spun-off Sporting Products group of Vista Outdoor.

One only needs to look at the examples of Ruger and Smith & Wesson to see what I'm talking about. Small orders of Catholic nuns hold enough shares that they can submit these shareholder resolutions and then have so-called socially conscious "independent" analysts tell mutual funds that they need to support these efforts with their votes.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A country under the control of the EU (read UN) now controls the production of a large portion of our ammo supply.

Think about that for a minute.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, public corporations are fighting to survive the woke agenda and it’s emphasis on ESG scores. Funding and other things needed to conduct business is tied to this. The privately held Czech company probably can ignore that schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Many Alliant powders are produced overseas, they are crazy expensive and not owed by Hodgdon

So?

Wasn't talking about them when I said "domestically produced".

The IMR and Ball powders produced in North America were the ones I was talking about.

Doesn't really matter.

The relationship on price has changed considerably since Hodgons has went from down the list of distributors, to owning much of the list.

Well supplied, but I'm thinking any new load development I do will be with one of the newer suppliers. The amount of dollars is really inconsequential. Just not one to bend over and spread 'em.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kelbro
A country under the control of the EU (read UN) now controls the production of a large portion of our ammo supply.

I've been shooting Italian shotgun shells for years.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kelbro

You think this guy is under the thumb of the UN because he is a Czech a Billionaire Czech, that seems like a stretch.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Sandy Hook ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government Powder Co.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Discuss

Pretty much beat to death 3 days ago.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...mmo-and-component-shortages#Post18849017

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jpr9954
One plus that I can see in this is that Czechoslovak Group is NOT a publicly-held corporation. You won't be having anti-gun, anti-hunting groups submitting shareholder resolutions every year as you would have had with The Kinetic Group aka the spun-off Sporting Products group of Vista Outdoor.

One only needs to look at the examples of Ruger and Smith & Wesson to see what I'm talking about. Small orders of Catholic nuns hold enough shares that they can submit these shareholder resolutions and then have so-called socially conscious "independent" analysts tell mutual funds that they need to support these efforts with their votes.

Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Yes, public corporations are fighting to survive the woke agenda and it’s emphasis on ESG scores. Funding and other things needed to conduct business is tied to this. The privately held Czech company probably can ignore that schit.

Yup. Both of those are encouraging to me. I‘ve bought a lot of Fioochi ammo the last few years, all made here, and priced reasonably, and the quality is good to excellent. I’ve noticed they’re easing into the U.S. primer market as well.

Seems better to me that a shooting-oriented businessman owning all those brands is better than them being under the control of some “investment group” run by tennis- and golf-playing money geeks.

As to powder prices, I’ve tried to figure out any sort of pattern to the wide price variances and gave it up to supply and demand. One thing’s certain though, and that’s that powder prices are subject to the same inflation as the rest of the stuff we buy, so buckle up and bend over. A few years back when the talk was all about .22 ammo, a bunch were vowing they’d never pay $.05-$.10 a pop and were holding out for the $.02 stuff they used to buy. How’d that turn out?

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The company that bought them already owns Fiocchi.
Fiocchi is good ammo at a fair price. Let's hope the tradition continues.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,398
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.