Home
Must be at least 25 years old

For me,

I have a daily driver so I’d want a reg cab LWB 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 . Kinda a toy, weekend driver type that will haul or pull if needed .
Mid 70s Chevy stepside 4WD. Blue with chrome roll bar and KC lights.
Ram Power Wagon. E
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Not really a dream pickup, but one I could use now: 3/4 ton 4x4 with a manual. Diesel wouldn't necessarily suck either.
Not really a true truck but I'd take an early 70s halfcab Bronco. Completely restored
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
My 2006 6.0 has served me well. 160k of the 200k miles I put on it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Don’t think I want to drop 100k on the equivalent new one though.
Posted By: Sweets Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
Sold it a while back. FUN to drive!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload photos to internet free
Posted By: Redneck Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
I'm driving it now... smile
Posted By: hookeye Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
Defender 110
Posted By: TimZ Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
+1’ on the Power Wagon…… at least until I saw what kind of MPG they get.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
The 2010 Tacoma I bought new after Toyota offered full excellent condition Blue Book value on a rust problem 1995 Tacoma that was pretty beat up after lots of hard use. Paid cash for the price difference.

My wife hit a deer last Month with my truck and it took 3 1/2 weeks to get the body work done. It was a small local body shop and the guy buffed out all the small imperfections too and told me I didn't owe him the 500.00 deductible because he doesn't charge the same rate Toyota does.

6 cylinder 21 MPG 81000 miles on it. The plan is for it to outlast me. I'm frugal. cool
My 99 F250 SD 7.3L manufactured in April of 98, so it squeaks in your 25 year requirement. I've owned it since 2001, it's a regular cab 4X4 and manual. I'll own it as long as I'm able to clutch it. Set the cruise on 2K rpm and I run about 67 mph and get 20 mpg not pulling a trailer.
1988 s15 gmc
1st generation double cab tundra with a few tweeks.
I kind of have mine. ‘90 Silverado 4x4. I suppose 3/4 would be preferable over a 1/2 ton, but ole blue has literally been ‘like a rock.’ Runs like a champ and always gets the firewood home. Pretty much just a farm truck now and needs new exhaust and some front end parts, but it’s still truckin for now and by far the best $1600 I’ve ever spent. The kids love riding around the farm in the bed. 😁

We’ve had a ‘95 3/4 GMC Suburban with the 6.5L diesel for about a year and a half and I love that thing too. About to do a full suspension rebuild but perfect interior and completely rust free top to bottom so just going to keep pecking away at the little things until eventually pulling the engine for a tear down, balance the rotating assembly, and reinstall if no major issues are found. That one gets put away for the winter so should be around as long as diesel is available.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Defender 110
Yes
1999 3rd Gen 4Runner SR5 V6 5 speed manual

2002 Dodge 3500 Cummins 6 speed manual quad cab

Both would last me the rest of my useful days.
I don't want a dream truck... I want a work truck.

Guess I'm pretty set for a few more years.
Truck, 1996 Pete with a 600hp cat.
Pickups and trucks are not the same.
Originally Posted by Jimmypop
Truck, 1996 Pete with a 600hp cat.
Pickups and trucks are not the same.

Actually, a pickup is a type of truck.

They have been known as pickup trucks since day one.

Some shorten it and call them pickups. Others just call them trucks.
Posted By: mart Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
Don’t know that it’s my dream truck but it’s a good one. I’ll drive it until one of us can’t go anymore. It’s been to Deadhorse twice. Multiple trips up the haul road. Across the Denali highway more times than I can remember. Haul tens of thousands of board feet of saw logs on a25 foot gooseneck. And still driving it here in Idaho. 1995 F350 4x4 with the 7.3 diesel.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Posted By: JeffA Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
[Linked Image from photos.classiccars.com]
I’ve always liked the big, early 50’s Chevy dually trucks.

3800 or 4400, updated brakes and suspension. I’d put a mild 12v 6bt Cummins in it. Wood flat bed.
Gunwizard and Happy Camper

Honda Ridgeline

“Hey sweetie let’s go quail hunting”

hahaha

Posted By: LBP Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
79-83 4x4 Toyota Pickup
I'm driving my "dream truck". A 2008 Chevrolet Silverado. Has everything I ever wanted in a hunting and everyday truck, and besides that, I will be 78 in a few months and should be happy I can still drive wherever I want to go-------as long as my wife and kids don't know! grin laugh

the new gm 1500's with the h.o. 2.7t 4-banger is pretty dang close, if I could have it with a manual transmission, keyed ignition, and onstar module delete option then it would be perfect, for then it would be truly my truck lol

that motor is a peach, a 21st century gas powered long stroke big jug cummins 4bt that weighs 2/3rd less
Posted By: Mike_S Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/02/23
I’m kind of liking my 21 Toyota FourRunner. It replaced a 2001 Super Duty 4x4 with 7.3 PowerStroke diesel. My needs have changed, this one tows my boat and hauls the dog and deer just fine.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
I'd love a mid to late 70's f150 4wd with a 351.
1940's/1950's Dodge Power Wagon.
My 92 F250 4x4 IDI.
Posted By: BLG Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Pretty funny that almost everyone blew past the very first sentence of the OP. LOL

Typical campfire.

Any ‘67-79 Chevy square body 4x4 with a big block.

Clyde
Posted By: 673 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Guess I have a couple of good ones, an 88 F350 7.3 4x4 that I abuse daily, but my 85 chevy 1 ton 4x4 (K30) really is a dream truck, Dana 70 rear, 60 front, T400 and a 454 to make it all go.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Built 1976-1978 Ford F250, 4X4 Supercab, long bed with either a 521 or a 12 valve Cummins.
Guys will laugh but if I could find a mint Tacoma 1995 4x4 extra cab with the 5 spd and 2.7l 4 cyl with low miles on it I'd write the check. Mine has 256 k on it allways runs 20 mpg around town and up to 25 on the highway, will about go anywhere. Never had any vehicle so trouble free..mb
Age doesn't matter, only quality and capability.

I already own mine, 2000 F-250 Supercab Shortbed 4x4 7.3L PSD w/ ZF6. I'm hoping to get my coilsprung axle upgrades done this winter, along with a few others.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by mart
Don’t know that it’s my dream truck but it’s a good one. I’ll drive it until one of us can’t go anymore. It’s been to Deadhorse twice. Multiple trips up the haul road. Across the Denali highway more times than I can remember. Haul tens of thousands of board feet of saw logs on a25 foot gooseneck. And still driving it here in Idaho. 1995 F350 4x4 with the 7.3 diesel.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

My 1996 F-250 CC XLT that I ordered new at Leonard Johnson’s Auto Ranch is still rolling strong. 7.3 2wd 4.10 Posi whatever Fords name for it is. I drove it all week. This last 8 months really jacked up the clear coat on the hood and roof. Going to get that fixed. No dents and no rust so maybe it won’t hurt too bad.

People always want to buy it from me but they’d never be willing to pay what it would take. It’s a seriously nice truck.
Originally Posted by BLG
Pretty funny that almost everyone blew past the very first sentence of the OP. LOL

Typical campfire.

Any ‘67-79 Chevy square body 4x4 with a big block.

Clyde

If only I could get my GMC 72 back.....miss that rig! 454 and damn the gas prices, that thing would go anywhere! Owned it from 80-82 then sold it.
Bench seat was built for romancing the ladies when I wasn't hunting or fishing. Heck, a couple of the ladies I knew were into the outdoors.
Jeff
Posted By: gunzo Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Saw a Land Cruiser 70 or 80 troop carrier with a mild lift & sensible tire choice once that tripped my trigger. One of those in left hand drive, diesel, manual, could be my forever or teotwawki vehicle if it wasn't strapped with US or otherwise smog crap.

Defender 90's & 110's always tripped my trigger but the above LC might trump them.

A square body Sub with a big block & some primo drive axles is always thought of as a useful HD vehicle with a lot of room & towing cap.

Anything mentioned, 4WD is a given.

I like so many. But a trio is what I've always considered ideal.

A midsize SUV for travel, going to the city, ease of parking etc., but still with decent off road capabilities.
A 3/4 ton 4x4 for hauling a bit or towing a sensible camper or cargo trailer. Cab & a half short box.
Then a smaller decked out trail rig that's still street worthy.

thought about it for many an hour, 3 vunits are generally needed. Pin it down to one? Where am I & what am I doing?
Posted By: Remsen Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
1940's/1950's Dodge Power Wagon.

I keep looking at this one and am tempted. The only problem is it's too nice...I'm hard on a truck and don't really care about dents, dings, scratches, etc., and this thing is just way too nice for me:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-dodge-power-wagon-8/

Instead, this one (2009 with the 5.4) has been pretty much trouble-free, gets me where I need to go and can haul as much stuff as I've ever needed to haul.
I'm driving it....... a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 90,000 miles on the clock. It is complex enough to be smooth and comfortable, gets gas mileage for a 4x4 on the highway, has good V8 power, but it doesn't have the ridiculous complexity of the later models. So far it has been flawless. Everything that's gone wrong outside of normal maintenance, such as bent wheels, was my fault except one O2 sensor. It will be in my estate sale.

If you're talking about classics, I love the looks of the '58 Chevys and '72 model Chevys. Truthfully any of the old Chevys will do!
Well it is not 25 years old yet but my 2002 Super Duty is about as close as I can get. It is a 4x4 crew cab short bed with a 6.8l Trition V10, automatic transmission. lifted 4 1/2" with 35" Cooper AT2 tires, Dana 60 front with aftermarket outer axles and u-joints with repackable wheel bearings (Dynatrac Kit), rear 10.25" Ford differential with both front and rear running 4.56 gears and ARB Air Lockers. Oh, and manual locking hubs.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
My dream vehicle wouldn’t be 25 years old, nor a truck,

I love the classics, but there is some awesome new vehicles out there.

#COMFORTCREATURE
My '01 Dodge 3500 dually w/Cummins.
Would "LOVE" to see it restored to showroom condition!
400k miles. Never any mechanical issues.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
A modern Toyota Landcruiser pickup with crew cab and diesel engine.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

I had a '79 short box fleet side with a 6" lift, 38" Gumbo Monster Mudder's and a roll bar loaded up with KC lights. I loved that truck and always thought about building another one, but never did. Hell, with my bad hip I probably couldn't even get in it now.

laugh

Edited to add mine was blue with a black roll bar.
I have it now, a 2005 Tundra DC 4X4, I just wish they still made them.
Doesn't quite fit the specs but I would be pretty tickled with a deleted 6.7 supercab F350.
Posted By: paguy Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Street truck would have to be a 1937 Hudson Terraplane for off road would be a 1979 Ford F-250 highboy.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
I already have it. 1991 Dodge Cummins 250. ~165K on it. 5 speed manual. Other than the paint and fluids it is 100% original. Even the belts and brakes.

I am technically the 2nd owner, but it has been in my immediate family since being brand new.

Never been in any kind of wreck, save a small dent I put into it under the driver’s side door out hunting. I would sell my Great Grandfather’s 2nd year production Model 70 before I would sell this pickup. I also own a 1999 F250 PowerStroke 5 speed manual with 180K, but the Dodge is my baby.

78/79 F-250 Super Cab... no ECM's & other useless Bullschit!...

This toyota hilux would work.
Apache
1955 or 1956 Chevrolet with Napco 4x4 running gear.
Ideally. An Ford F600 4x4 with the old Cummins 5.9 p-pump or maybe powered by an Air-Deutz diesel. Would be have an flatbed, with toolbox storage or a dump bed and some armour up front for pushing and animal collisions.

I've seen Air-Deutz literally work in the bowels of hell deep underground and operate at unreal engine temps and unreal ambient rock temps.
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

I had a '79 short box fleet side with a 6" lift, 38" Gumbo Monster Mudder's and a roll bar loaded up with KC lights. I loved that truck and always thought about building another one, but never did. Hell, with my bad hip I probably couldn't even get in it now.

laugh

Edited to add mine was blue with a black roll bar.

You two are absolute Geniuses! Mine is a 79 SWB blue fleet side. It’s a work in progress though because it’s getting a modern powertrain. 6.0 LS3 with an LSA supercharger and a NV4500 transmission and a 241C transfer case. Just found the trans last Monday. I’m still deciding on 33s or 35s and that will dictate the lift. My 77 was a 3/4 ton with a 400 SBC and and the SM465 and 4.10s would be spinning at 3600 RPM to run down the interstate at 80. The square bodys weren’t really made for that until the mid 80’s and the 700R4.

I had a ‘94 Red SWB that I should have kept. That 350 with the manual O/D would get 20 mpg and was a good off-road truck too.

My other one is my 06 Dodge CTD. Built like a tank and will pull our camp trailer as fast as I want to go. AND most importantly, it’s paid for. It’s sitting at 98k miles so I’m hoping it goes another 100k because I don’t want a newer diesel.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Play Truck is my '68 Chevy. I really like my 2020 Toyota Tundra driver.
A couple of things about the Tundra I don't like is the Gas mileage and I wished it had a conventional limited slip or Locker in the rear end. I knew about the mileage when I bought it Since I don't drive it a lot I decided I could live with it. The truck is 3 years old and has about 15,000 miles on it.

The then-current 4wd Tacoma with that legendary 22R (??) in-line four.
For me it would be a 60s power wagon or international harvester. The reality is though I no longer enjoy driving old truck for very long the comfort of new trucks is amazing compared to the old.
Posted By: 35 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
I wouldn`t mind having my 2011 F350 back .

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
If it has to be 25+ years old, I would say a 1970 Chevy El Camino LS6 (454, 450 HP). I would use my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon for the other tasks.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Defender 110

Umm, yeah no...no, no, no, no!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
I occasionally have nostalgic thoughts flit through about some of the old Diesel Landcruisers I have owned...then I get into the Hilux and drive for nine hours and get out and walk around without being beat to pieces.

Screw nostalgia.
Mint 1998 12 valve, NV4500 4wd with suicide doors and a long bed... 2500 or 3500.

Rare as hell...
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I already have it. 1991 Dodge Cummins 250. ~165K on it. 5 speed manual. Other than the paint and fluids it is 100% original. Even the belts and brakes.

I am technically the 2nd owner, but it has been in my immediate family since being brand new.

Never been in any kind of wreck, save a small dent I put into it under the driver’s side door out hunting. I would sell my Great Grandfather’s 2nd year production Model 70 before I would sell this pickup. I also own a 1999 F250 PowerStroke 5 speed manual with 180K, but the Dodge is my baby.

Nice...

Had a 93 of that truck with the extra cab... Those VE engines will last forever.

Wesley pulled the engine out of one just yesterday... Think he is going to put in a 52 Ford.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I occasionally have nostalgic thoughts flit through about some of the old Diesel Landcruisers I have owned...then I get into the Hilux and drive for nine hours and get out and walk around without being beat to pieces.

Screw nostalgia.
I can relate.
Anything without a payment attached to it.

-Jake
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by 1911a1
2020 Toyota Tundra driver.

The truck is 3 years old and has about 15,000 miles on it.

Ive got the exact identical truck (color and trim), but 77k miles on it, and tinted and leveled. I just ignore the mileage….
Posted By: JeffA Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Anything without a payment attached to it.

-Jake

Can't argue with that if it runs..
Posted By: AZmark Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Years ago I had 72 with a 302 then had a 77 with a 300/6, and a 78 with a 351M...both good trucks

Now I've got a early 70's F100 4wd with a 351W.

Had this nice 72 Chevy SB 72 but ran it up under a gasoline tanker that was jack knifed around a curve in the road about midnight in 1977

Here's the truck I had in college with my girl looking out the window
Posted By: Scotty Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
I like the looks of the old trucks. I like a 59 Apache with side steps. Maybe not a practical truck but what I like
Posted By: ModelT Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Model A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Must be at least 25 years old

For me,

I have a daily driver so I’d want a reg cab LWB 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 . Kinda a toy, weekend driver type that will haul or pull if needed .

My dream truck is the one that runs over you.
Dodge RAM Laramie Longhorn 4x4.
All the goodies and comforts plus a great stereo system.

Had mine 10+ years and went to trade it in, decided I loved the truck better than the new consideration and drove it home where it belongs.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/03/23
Right now it's this one. 2024 Silverado

That one is easy my dream truck is a Deuce and a half.

Originally Posted by granitestate1
That one is easy my dream truck is a Deuce and a half.

Back before the big grain carts became popular I knew of a guy that mounted a gravity flow wagon box on one of those to transfer grain from the combine.
Posted By: tater74 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23

This is fun to fool around with.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

This
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
IIRC Trump said something about new vehicles costing 10000.00 more due to the EPA's fuel mileage requirements and that 10000 only results in 1 or 2 more MPG.

I'm good driving older stuff due to that alone... now the kill switch they plan to mandate by 2026 is a real deal breaker.
My “dream truck” currently sits in my driveway.

99 F250 7.3 4X4, 316000 miles, runs better now than the day it was purchased for $38,000, off the showroom floor.
Posted By: bufaf Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
I would take a brand new Ram TRX, but there's no way I'm paying over $100K for a truck.
Originally Posted by tater74

Nice one. Those 67 -72 Chevy pickups were some of the best looking trucks made in my opinion [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'd like to have a late 70s Dodge shorty, 2x4, lowered a wee bit with steel rims and dog dish caps, tweaked slant 6 with a std shift on the floor. Body solid, everything working but with some good patina.
Posted By: pullit Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
69-72 Chevy or GMC short bed
02 dodge cummins laramie. 6 speed.
Posted By: LBP Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Nice one. Those 67 -72 Chevy pickups were some of the best looking trucks made in my opinion [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
+1 beautiful trucks
Posted By: GreggH Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
If allowed to go way back, a 1940 Chevrolet pickup.

GreggH
'72 Chev-GMC, 3/4 t , 4wd, 4sp manual.

Yes but with a 12" lift, one ton axles, and 44" 's and a killer cassette player laugh
Posted By: BC30cal Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
alwaysoutdoors;
Good afternoon, I trust that this first Monday of the last month of a bit of an eventful year finds you well.

While I'm not sure it's exactly something I'd want again because if the rust issues, I had the 2nd one of these in the south valley here, back in the day when every pickup wasn't a 4x4 and the Japanese had just begun to make them.

It's an '80 and still had the 20R in it in this photo.

[Linked Image]

By the time this one was taken on what was then the Queen Charlottes, now called Haida Gwaii, it had been partially repainted a couple times and I'd put a 22R into it, which I thought was a much better engine both for power and fuel consumption.

[Linked Image]

It was by far the best bush truck we've ever had and we bashed it all over 4 western provinces and a couple states too, but as noted by others, it wasn't a great rig for trips.

While I'm cognizant you've stipulated trucks, I'm currently wheeling and dealing on one of these - '87 Cherokee 2 door - from it's second owner.

[Linked Image from cherokeeforum.com]

It's not that one, but it's in decent shape with original paint, no rust and I know the entire history from purchase.

It'd be just a hunting rig for me again - we'll see.

Thanks for the thread and thanks to all who've put up their favorites.

All the best.

Dwayne
Posted By: LBP Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
Originally Posted by BC30cal
alwaysoutdoors;
Good afternoon, I trust that this first Monday of the last month of a bit of an eventful year finds you well.

While I'm not sure it's exactly something I'd want again because if the rust issues, I had the 2nd one of these in the south valley here, back in the day when every pickup wasn't a 4x4 and the Japanese had just begun to make them.

It's an '80 and still had the 20R in it in this photo.

[Linked Image]

By the time this one was taken on what was then the Queen Charlottes, now called Haida Gwaii, it had been partially repainted a couple times and I'd put a 22R into it, which I thought was a much better engine both for power and fuel consumption.

[Linked Image]

It was by far the best bush truck we've ever had and we bashed it all over 4 western provinces and a couple states too, but as noted by others, it wasn't a great rig for trips.

While I'm cognizant you've stipulated trucks, I'm currently wheeling and dealing on one of these - '87 Cherokee 2 door - from it's second owner.

[Linked Image from cherokeeforum.com]

It's not that one, but it's in decent shape with original paint, no rust and I know the entire history from purchase.

It'd be just a hunting rig for me again - we'll see.

Thanks for the thread and thanks to all who've put up their favorites.

All the best.

Dwayne

79-83 4x4 Toyota Pickups are my all time favorites. The prices for them now are crazy, but I still keep an eye out.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/04/23
She is setting in the heated garage. 2017 Ram 3500 WRS 3500 Mega Cab. Deleted and tuned. Also just installed a 165gph FASS system. 27455 miles.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Defender 110

Umm, yeah no...no, no, no, no!

Yep, loved the LC troop carrier, with straight 6 diesel, but it would break you, before you could break it !
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice Barn!
More pics of the barn in my elk thread.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18960813/4/itty-bitty-plains-bull

and my truck was ordered Jan '98, delivered May '98.....
2019 F150
Same here wabigoon 5.0 w/10 speed STX been the best truck I've owned 400 hp and 22 mpg
One that's paid off.
Posted By: JGray Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Originally Posted by Troutnut

I agree with both of you...

Posted By: JGray Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23

My interior has gray seat and door panels with black carpet and dash. I've wanted to redo mine with tan upholstery and yours confirms my 'vision'. Thanks for posting that - I stole your pic for future reference.
Posted By: tater74 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Originally Posted by JGray

My interior has gray seat and door panels with black carpet and dash. I've wanted to redo mine with tan upholstery and yours confirms my 'vision'. Thanks for posting that - I stole your pic for future reference.

It also has a 1994 Corvette LT1 and a 4l60E. smile
Using a 99 F350 crew long these days with the 7.3 and manual everything. Pulls and carries everything you could ask of it, and has for over 250,000 miles. Plows snow, too.

Gets good mileage, heater, AC and windows work, nothing fazes it.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Originally Posted by JGray

It also has a 1994 Corvette LT1 and a 4l60E. smile

Those are some nice trucks you JGray and Tater!

I like that drive train your running Tater. The optispark ignition is a little weird though.

I need to put disk brakes on mine. It has factory power but it is drums. Also I have a Turbo 400. would love to have a 4l60 so I could run lower rear gears and still cruz at a reasonable RPM.

My friend who's life revolves around cars and motorcyles says that 400 trans is costing me 30 HP extra to run as opposed to a smaller turbo 350.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Originally Posted by garddogg56
Same here wabigoon 5.0 w/10 speed STX been the best truck I've owned 400 hp and 22 mpg

My son has a '22 model 4x4 Ford with the 5.0 and he loves it. Good power and MPG. Chevy has jacked up a perfectly good engine design in their later model trucks.
Posted By: badger Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Call me the old curmudgeon here, but I've owned 8 trucks since 1987 and each one, with one exception, was an improvement over it's predecessor. The one exception was my 2003 Ram 2500 with Cummins. Somewhat juiced up, it made 503hp and 1060 lb/ft at the wheels and was a blast to drive. Upgraded the transmission (Garmon Diesel Performance Transmissions) and drove it for 300k miles. The 2014 that followed it was quite tame in comparison. Traded it at 208k miles for my current 2023 Ram diesel, which is the most comfortable, best equipped, best tow vehicle I've owned.

I think they keep getting better..........
Originally Posted by Higginez

You get that off Safariman?
I think my truck is about perfect for my needs. 2015 Ram 2500, 4 door short bed, deleted 6.7 with a leveling kit rolling on 35x12.5-17's. 62k miles right now. But you said dream so.... https://www.legacyclassictrucks.com/p-34987-legacy-power-wagon-conversion.html
Posted By: Raeford Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Late 60's to early 70's K5 Blazer
Posted By: Vek Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
I always thought the 80-86 bullnose fords looked better than anything since. In '86 the solid dana60 front axle returned to the F350 after a hiatus. I'd love an '86 F350 crew cab.

We've fallen into possession of an '86 F250 with diesel and auto. I have a ZF5 in the garage for it. They're dogs without an aftermarket turbo, but still fine for local use or if not towing. I could see a solid axle swap and a VE-pumped cummins in its future. I've owned four different 6.9 or 7.3 IDI fords, so know that game well. They work pretty well with an aftermarket turbo and a manual transmission. Big bulky engine, not a lot of room to work around them, and they're always leaking something from somewhere.

Otherwise I can't find reason to part with my '99 F350 CC 4x4 LB with 452K on the odo. 7.3 and 6-speed manual. My eyes will wander but first finding a manual CC 4x4 LB truck and then fixing all the little things is daunting. They don't grow on trees. I'd love to find a later V10/manual F350...2005-2010.
This would be my choice. Probably rough riding but it's a beauty. Just a photo off the Internet.
Posted By: richj Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
Do y'all see the Mecum over the weekend. quite a few pre 80's truckes went for <$15k
Posted By: Heym06 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/05/23
This isn't an easy question. I really liked my 1974 High Boy. There is one I would like, 1974 International 200, 4x4 with a pto winch. Not many made and not many left. Always liked them.
I was surprised to see all the posts of the truck owned by the posters. My “dream truck” isnt something I’ve achieved. Kudos are in order
Originally Posted by Raeford

Stupid crazy the prices those are bringing, right?
Originally Posted by Morewood
Apache
I've got a '59 Apache short/wide, that I'm considering setting on a mid-'80's 4X chassis.
Body's pretty straight other than the front fenders.
What to do - what to do? Not sure I've got enough time for another project.
Originally Posted by packrat77
This would be my choice. Probably rough riding but it's a beauty. Just a photo off the Internet.
One of those, here in town - front plate reads "Grandpa's Wagon".
Just a little darker color, too - pretty!
Originally Posted by sactoller
NICE Binder!
Originally Posted by JeffA
That's a beauty! '53 - '52?
Posted By: CCCC Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
I have been fortunate - went and found some nice clean ones and have enjoyed a big garage full of my favorite trucks for the past 25 years. Most are 67 to 72 Chevs and GMCs ranging from 3/4 and 1 ton 4 speeds and 4x4s. A couple of them up to size C80 with the 478 cu. in V6 and 6 speed Spicer with hi/lo rears (whatever that C80 tonnage rating was).

Many nice Pickups, Blazers, Flatbeds, Wrecker, Motor Homes, Fire Truck and even an aerial setup with bucket. None perfect - trucks are trucks - but a plenty of fun working with them and going places in old style. Lots of parades for a few years, but done with that.

Two rather modern favorites do not meet the 25 year old criterion, but they have been excellent. 2001 Dodge Cummins 4x4 with 6 speed manual and some nice options, and 2003 Silverado 4x4 with Duramax and Allison. They will far outlive me for certain.

Nice thread. Thanks.
51Ford F100, or two door hardtop. Failing that a F250 4x4 six cylinder. Had an F 250 and like a fool let someone with more money buy it off me. Keep rolling Brothers, RZ.
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
My current is a 97 F250 Power Stroke. Rebuilt '99 engine, hauls azz. My dream rig is a 62 short bed F100. I had a long bed in High school and a short in college. I should neve have sold that short one. Nothing better. My birth year also.

Attached picture '62 F100.jpg
Posted By: JGray Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
Originally Posted by Raeford

Owned this '71 from 1992 until a couple years ago. Original motor had 180k on it when I bought it. I had to rebuilt it 6 months later and got 100k out of the rebuild (my fault). Replaced that motor with a ZZ4 crate motor and put 60k on that one but the rust got away from me. I sold it to a guy that'd been pestering me for a few years about buying it.

Posted By: greydog Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
Mine would probably be a 67-69 Chevy 3/4 or one ton. 4wd, 327 or 350, manual transmission.
I have a 1981 Dodge which is decent but it is only a half ton. I'm thinking of converting it to fuel injection, since the carburation is crap. I replaced the auto-hubs with Warn manual hubs (now made in China, I won't be buying anything else from Warn). If I could find the same truck in a one ton, it wouldn't be bad. Would still rather have the older Chev though. GD
Posted By: aalf Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
Always wanted a regular cab, short box 4 X 4, but it never made sense with all the hunting, fishing, and shooting I did.

9 years ago things changed, so I bought this one to scratch the itch.

Just turned 23K on it......

Originally Posted by T_Inman

Sharp truck. Owned the same with black paint, red interior for several years. Sold it and bought a Taco when I was driving 100 miles per day on secondary roads (what was I thinking?). Current 2006 W2500 rides nicer. But never gets close to the fuel economy that the '91 got...
Posted By: 35 Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
Originally Posted by aalf
Always wanted a regular cab, short box 4 X 4, but it never made sense with all the hunting, fishing, and shooting I did.

9 years ago things changed, so I bought this one to scratch the itch.

Just turned 23K on it......

Sweet truck !
I had its twin.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: BKinSD Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23

Had it for ten years now, loved almost every day of it.
Posted By: JeffA Re: What’s your dream truck? - 12/06/23
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by JeffA
That's a beauty! '53 - '52?

Just my dream..
Originally Posted by BKinSD

Had it for ten years now, loved almost every day of it.
Nice Bronco. I had a 74 u wish I had kept
© 24hourcampfire