Home
Posted By: wabigoon Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/02/23
Where did the people outside the garden come from?
Brooklyn Heights??? wink

L.W.
Don’t know but they fugked like animals
Congratulations on a readable post title, though you could have dropped the two comma's.
Comma’s?

Glass houses, dude.

And I know, that was a sentence fragment.

And you’re not supposed to start a sentence with “and.”

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Comma’s?

Glass houses, dude.

P

LoL!!!
Comma’s?

Glass houses, dude.

P

And so like you know, how's a dude gonna express himself without a little word play, like you know where I'm coming from? grin

L.W.
Your post highlights one of the bases of the hypothesis that the whole story is a fairy tale or, at least, omits a LOT of details.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Comma’s?

Glass houses, dude.

P

And so like you know, how's a dude gonna express himself without a little word play, like you know where I'm coming from? grin

L.W.

Bible does not say Adam and Eve were the only ones. He could have created them later.
JFC🤦‍♂️
Originally Posted by earlybrd
JFC🤦‍♂️
He didn’t come til the New Testament.
🤣
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by jackmountain
JFC🤦‍♂️
🤣
😂😂😂😂😂
Posted By: DBT Re: Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/02/23

African migrants.
What would fish smell like if Eve didn't bathe in the rivers that bordered the Garden of Eden?

There weren't any. Eve was named Eve because she is the mother of all humans except Adam
I often wondered who took Adams rib was he layed up for a while after
JFC🤦‍♂️
🤣
He was there at the very beginning of creation, which he did:

John 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Adam had to be white- - - -ain't no way to get a rib away from a niqqer!
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Adam had to be white- - - -ain't no way to get a rib away from a niqqer!
Omg LOL🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
JFC🤦‍♂️
🤣

Haha!
Eve was Adam's second wife, the first is Lilith

Posted By: DBT Re: Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/03/23
Yahweh had a wife, Asherah, but got edited out of the script:

"God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar"

Asherah's connection to Yahweh, according to Stavrakopoulou, is spelled out in both the Bible and an 8th century B.C. inscription on pottery found in the Sinai desert at a site called [bleep] Ajrud.

The inscription is a petition for a blessing," she shares. "Crucially, the inscription asks for a blessing from 'Yahweh and his Asherah."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/wbna42147912
Posted By: CCCC Re: Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/03/23
Saw it written that Asherah was a dream figure of suspiciously nebulous gender - but good at nagging.
Which is probably why Yahweh had a foul temper.
I often wondered who took Adams rib was he layed up for a while after

Read the story the way it was intended. God, Who is Infinite, took a rib from Adam and closed up the wound and created Eve with it. This was on the sixth day. There was no time needed, just like when Jesus made the wine to keep a party going. It was His first miracle.
Honest question here. Why did people in the biblical times get to see miracles and magic but we are all left with no tangible proof of all the Bible entails but are held to the same standard of faith as everyone throughout history?
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Honest question here. Why did people in the biblical times get to see miracles and magic but we are all left with no tangible proof of all the Bible entails but are held to the same standard of faith as everyone throughout history?

I have seen many. In fact about twenty-five years ago I wrote a book with at least twenty. The title is And These Signs Will Follow. Also, I have heard missionaries tell some fun stories.

Of course they require faith in the Most High.
That’s a legitimate question. But God’s creation…likely His first known miracle (and a BIG one)…has never been hidden in any way. At all. Ever. God’s creation has been, and is, the primary evidence of His existence. He even exhibits many of His attributes…like sovereignty and omnipotence and being eternal…from what was made, and can clearly be seen by man.

Maybe sometimes people miss evidence of God because of their refusal to believe ~ it’s kinda hard to see when people refuse to open their eyes.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Your post highlights one of the bases of the hypothesis that the whole story is a fairy tale or, at least, omits a LOT of details.

Or more likely...the religious nuts that wrote the story considered everyone not like them to be something less than human.

They still operate the same way...no matter what brand they are pushing.
I'm not talking about what some people call miracles. I'm talking about parting the sea, water to wine, soddom and ghemorrah, Moses staff turning into a serpent, burning bush not consumed, etc.... We get none of that.
I'm not talking about what some people call miracles. I'm talking about parting the sea, water to wine, soddom and ghemorrah, Moses staff turning into a serpent, burning bush not consumed, etc.... We get none of that.

How 'bout if someone is prayed for who has cancer and is blind and bald and bed ridden from it and the very next day is walking around healed and seeing? How 'bout broken bone healed instantly? And again how 'bout seeing the rain stop and the clouds disappear in all direction clear over the horizon within about ten second? All these happened in front of witnesses.

I am quite sure the amount of energy to make the clouds disappear over the horizon required similar energy as parting the Red Sea. God can and does miracles today. Here's the problem: My brother's pastor told him miracles stopped with the last apostle, therefore they never asked. This is typical of the churches today. When I was looking for a new church I called one and happened to get the pastor's wife. I asked her if they have miracles and signs and wonders at her church. Her ridiculous answer was, "No. We are a New Testament church.
If these things really were happening around the world, we'd know about it. It would be world news, proof of prayer and miracles, but sadly, such is not the case. Prayer doesn't do much more than bring comfort and hope for both parties.
Originally Posted by Ringman

How 'bout if someone is prayed for who has cancer and is blind and bald and bed ridden from it and the very next day is walking around healed and seeing?

How about the children in the cancer ward who die anyway?

Prayer has been proven not to work by the way.
Comma’s?

Glass houses, dude.

P

And why? wink
Originally Posted by DBT
Which is probably why Yahweh had a foul temper.

If that were true, you'd already be where you're going to be.
Originally Posted by DBT
If these things really were happening around the world, we'd know about it. It would be world news, proof of prayer and miracles, but sadly, such is not the case. Prayer doesn't do much more than bring comfort and hope for both parties.

Yeah, like we've known about neutrons and bacteria and viruses and DNA and quarks and antibiotics and Hydroxychloroquine for like thousands of years, huh? smile
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Or more likely...the religious nuts that wrote the story considered everyone not like them to be something less than human.

They still operate the same way...no matter what brand they are pushing.

Well there's a lie.
Originally Posted by DBT

World News sure tole usuns bout who kilt JFK and who won tha lection.
Oh, boy, things really are getting strange.

For the most part Scripture was yet to be written during the time of the burning bush and Sodom/Gomorrah. Now we have all of the scripture, understanding, witnesses, prophecy fulfillment, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The scripture/cannon was closed with the writing of Revelation.
The old covenant was different from the new in that it was greatly symbolic and used shadows such as the temple and sacrificial systems. Now that Christ has come and fulfilled these shadows there is no more a need for them Hebrews 1:1
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:1‭-‬2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
[1] God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, [2] has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds...Hebrews has all of your answers.

There weren't any. Eve was named Eve because she is the mother of all humans except Adam

Ridiculous fairy tale. Where did Australopithecus afarensis come from?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well there's a lie.

And since you are the resident expert in that area I shall bow to your superior knowledge...right after you pay your own debts.
If anyone says that they have the "gift" of healing or miracles they are being deceived.

If someone were to claim this gift doctors, hospitals, dentists etc would all be out of business but instead people like Benny Hinn and many others are gainfully employed and deceiving many. Men who God would deem unfit to have this gift if it were a possibility.
Adam said " Stand back Baby, I don't know how big this thing is gonna get".
Originally Posted by DBT

Yeah, like we've known about neutrons and bacteria and viruses and DNA and quarks and antibiotics and Hydroxychloroquine for like thousands of years, huh? smile
Happy Camper and victoro make Hydroxychloroquine in their bathtub with Bon Ami and orange peels. They got the recioe from Briteon
Ringman denies Happy Camper like Peter denied Christ.

All the while they were snuggle bunnies
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

How 'bout if someone is prayed for who has cancer and is blind and bald and bed ridden from it and the very next day is walking around healed and seeing?

It does not help when you have people actively hiding natural cures for diseases so they can make money off of the treatment

Natural Cures would not fall under Miracles just Nature.

Miracles are all around us if you can open your eyes enough to see them.
Most people have been blinded to them for generations.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Congratulations on a readable post title, though you could have dropped the two comma's.

When schitt is made up, a lot of details are usually left out.

Jersey, I believe they came from New Jersey.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

From the fossil record.
alright, this here is a story of our creation

There was a time when everything was still. All the spirits of the earth were asleep - or almost all. The great Father of All Spirits was the only one awake. Gently he awoke the Sun Mother. As she opened her eyes a warm ray of light spread out towards the sleeping earth. The Father of All Spirits said to the Sun Mother,
"Mother, I have work for you. Go down to the Earth and awake the sleeping spirits. Give them forms."

The Sun Mother glided down to Earth, which was bare at the time and began to walk in all directions and everywhere she walked plants grew. After returning to the field where she had begun her work the Mother rested, well pleased with herself. The Father of All Spirits came and saw her work, but instructed her to go into the caves and wake the spirits.

This time she ventured into the dark caves on the mountainsides. The bright light that radiated from her awoke the spirits and after she left insects of all kinds flew out of the caves. The Sun Mother sat down and watched the glorious sight of her insects mingling with her flowers. However once again the Father urged her on.

The Mother ventured into a very deep cave, spreading her light around her. Her heat melted the ice and the rivers and streams of the world were created. Then she created fish and small snakes, lizards and frogs. Next she awoke the spirits of the birds and animals and they burst into the sunshine in a glorious array of colors. Seeing this the Father of All Spirits was pleased with the Sun Mother's work.

She called all her creatures to her and instructed them to enjoy the wealth of the earth and to live peacefully with one another. Then she rose into the sky and became the sun.

The living creatures watched the Sun in awe as she crept across the sky, towards the west. However when she finally sunk beneath the horizon they were panic-stricken, thinking she had deserted them. All night they stood frozen in their places, thinking that the end of time had come. After what seemed to them like a lifetime the Sun Mother peeked her head above the horizon in the East. The earth's children learned to expect her coming and going and were no longer afraid.

At first the children lived together peacefully, but eventually envy crept into their hearts. They began to argue. The Sun Mother was forced to come down from her home in the sky to mediate their bickering. She gave each creature the power to change their form to whatever they chose. However she was not pleased with the end result. The rats she had made had changed into bats; there were giant lizards and fish with blue tongues and feet. However the oddest of the new animals was an animal with a bill like a duck, teeth for chewing, a tail like a beavers and the ability to lay egg. It was called the platypus.

The Sun Mother looked down upon the Earth and thought to herself that she must create new creatures less the Father of All Spirits be angered by what she now saw. She gave birth to two children. The god was the Morning Star and the goddess was the moon. Two children were born to them and these she sent to Earth. They became our ancestors. She made them superior to the animals because they had part of her mind and would never want to change their shape.

lol
Did they have last names?
earlybrd]Did they have last names?

Of course. Adam's last name was "Bronsteinowitz" and Eve's last name was "Persephonicski." When they got married, Eve's name became "Eve Persephonicski Bronsteinowitz." Because the person who wrote Genesis wasn't the greatest speller in the world he just called them "Adam and Eve."

Quite a simple solution if you think about it. That's why no one in the Bible, O.T. or N. T. has a last name. The men who wrote the Bible could not figure out how to spell their last names ... so they just ignored them.

Now you know. wink

L.W
Bill Hicks version of Adam and Eve is spot on....

( language warning for the prudes )

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

Maybe.

IMHO evolution and creationism go together.
Adam and Eve simply the first two humanoids to have souls.
🧐
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Afar. Duh.
World News sure tole usuns bout who kilt JFK and who won tha lection.

Thank you Jag Jag Binks

[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]
Posted By: CCCC Re: Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/04/23
Originally Posted by DBT
Oh, boy, things really are getting strange.

"Yahweh had a wife, Asherah, but got edited out of the script:
God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar" - - -"
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

When schitt is made up, a lot of details are usually left out.

Not true. When sh.it is made up people are inclined to “overcompensate” by creating more details than necessary. 😉
Posted By: DBT Re: Adam, and Eve, in the Garden? - 12/04/23
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

It does not help when you have people actively hiding natural cures for diseases so they can make money off of the treatment

Natural Cures would not fall under Miracles just Nature.

If miracles are all around us in the form of mundane events, the word 'miracle' has no real signifcance. A mother may consider it a miracle her son passed his math exam. It was a miracle the drunk got across the road without being killed, it's a miracle the local cricket team won against the odds....
Originally Posted by funshooter

People set the "miracle bar" at different levels. This "face of Jesus" slice of toast is deemed a miracle by some:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But it would need to look more like the image below to even be coming close to what others might be considering as a miracle:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

People seem to ascribe both low probability and "impossible" events as miracles. Low probability events are just that. If an "impossible" event happens then it was never actually impossible in the first place - just need to figure out and understand why it happened. Miracles are just another form of superstition.
Wabi is just trying to out ringding ringman.
© 24hourcampfire