Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, boy, things really are getting strange.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I'm not talking about what some people call miracles. I'm talking about parting the sea, water to wine, soddom and ghemorrah, Moses staff turning into a serpent, burning bush not consumed, etc.... We get none of that.

For the most part Scripture was yet to be written during the time of the burning bush and Sodom/Gomorrah. Now we have all of the scripture, understanding, witnesses, prophecy fulfillment, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The scripture/cannon was closed with the writing of Revelation.
The old covenant was different from the new in that it was greatly symbolic and used shadows such as the temple and sacrificial systems. Now that Christ has come and fulfilled these shadows there is no more a need for them Hebrews 1:1
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:1‭-‬2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
[1] God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, [2] has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds...Hebrews has all of your answers.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Where did the people outside the garden come from?

There weren't any. Eve was named Eve because she is the mother of all humans except Adam

Ridiculous fairy tale. Where did Australopithecus afarensis come from?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well there's a lie.

And since you are the resident expert in that area I shall bow to your superior knowledge...right after you pay your own debts.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If anyone says that they have the "gift" of healing or miracles they are being deceived.

If someone were to claim this gift doctors, hospitals, dentists etc would all be out of business but instead people like Benny Hinn and many others are gainfully employed and deceiving many. Men who God would deem unfit to have this gift if it were a possibility.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Adam said " Stand back Baby, I don't know how big this thing is gonna get".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
If these things really were happening around the world, we'd know about it. It would be world news, proof of prayer and miracles, but sadly, such is not the case. Prayer doesn't do much more than bring comfort and hope for both parties.

Yeah, like we've known about neutrons and bacteria and viruses and DNA and quarks and antibiotics and Hydroxychloroquine for like thousands of years, huh? smile
Happy Camper and victoro make Hydroxychloroquine in their bathtub with Bon Ami and orange peels. They got the recioe from Briteon

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ringman denies Happy Camper like Peter denied Christ.

All the while they were snuggle bunnies

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I'm not talking about what some people call miracles. I'm talking about parting the sea, water to wine, soddom and ghemorrah, Moses staff turning into a serpent, burning bush not consumed, etc.... We get none of that.

How 'bout if someone is prayed for who has cancer and is blind and bald and bed ridden from it and the very next day is walking around healed and seeing?

How about the children in the cancer ward who die anyway?

Prayer has been proven not to work by the way.

It does not help when you have people actively hiding natural cures for diseases so they can make money off of the treatment

Natural Cures would not fall under Miracles just Nature.

Miracles are all around us if you can open your eyes enough to see them.
Most people have been blinded to them for generations.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Congratulations on a readable post title, though you could have dropped the two comma's.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Your post highlights one of the bases of the hypothesis that the whole story is a fairy tale or, at least, omits a LOT of details.

When schitt is made up, a lot of details are usually left out.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Jersey, I believe they came from New Jersey.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

There weren't any. Eve was named Eve because she is the mother of all humans except Adam

From the fossil record.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
alright, this here is a story of our creation

There was a time when everything was still. All the spirits of the earth were asleep - or almost all. The great Father of All Spirits was the only one awake. Gently he awoke the Sun Mother. As she opened her eyes a warm ray of light spread out towards the sleeping earth. The Father of All Spirits said to the Sun Mother,
"Mother, I have work for you. Go down to the Earth and awake the sleeping spirits. Give them forms."

The Sun Mother glided down to Earth, which was bare at the time and began to walk in all directions and everywhere she walked plants grew. After returning to the field where she had begun her work the Mother rested, well pleased with herself. The Father of All Spirits came and saw her work, but instructed her to go into the caves and wake the spirits.

This time she ventured into the dark caves on the mountainsides. The bright light that radiated from her awoke the spirits and after she left insects of all kinds flew out of the caves. The Sun Mother sat down and watched the glorious sight of her insects mingling with her flowers. However once again the Father urged her on.

The Mother ventured into a very deep cave, spreading her light around her. Her heat melted the ice and the rivers and streams of the world were created. Then she created fish and small snakes, lizards and frogs. Next she awoke the spirits of the birds and animals and they burst into the sunshine in a glorious array of colors. Seeing this the Father of All Spirits was pleased with the Sun Mother's work.

She called all her creatures to her and instructed them to enjoy the wealth of the earth and to live peacefully with one another. Then she rose into the sky and became the sun.

The living creatures watched the Sun in awe as she crept across the sky, towards the west. However when she finally sunk beneath the horizon they were panic-stricken, thinking she had deserted them. All night they stood frozen in their places, thinking that the end of time had come. After what seemed to them like a lifetime the Sun Mother peeked her head above the horizon in the East. The earth's children learned to expect her coming and going and were no longer afraid.

At first the children lived together peacefully, but eventually envy crept into their hearts. They began to argue. The Sun Mother was forced to come down from her home in the sky to mediate their bickering. She gave each creature the power to change their form to whatever they chose. However she was not pleased with the end result. The rats she had made had changed into bats; there were giant lizards and fish with blue tongues and feet. However the oddest of the new animals was an animal with a bill like a duck, teeth for chewing, a tail like a beavers and the ability to lay egg. It was called the platypus.

The Sun Mother looked down upon the Earth and thought to herself that she must create new creatures less the Father of All Spirits be angered by what she now saw. She gave birth to two children. The god was the Morning Star and the goddess was the moon. Two children were born to them and these she sent to Earth. They became our ancestors. She made them superior to the animals because they had part of her mind and would never want to change their shape.

lol

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Did they have last names?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
earlybrd]Did they have last names?

Of course. Adam's last name was "Bronsteinowitz" and Eve's last name was "Persephonicski." When they got married, Eve's name became "Eve Persephonicski Bronsteinowitz." Because the person who wrote Genesis wasn't the greatest speller in the world he just called them "Adam and Eve."

Quite a simple solution if you think about it. That's why no one in the Bible, O.T. or N. T. has a last name. The men who wrote the Bible could not figure out how to spell their last names ... so they just ignored them.

Now you know. wink

L.W

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bill Hicks version of Adam and Eve is spot on....

( language warning for the prudes )

Last edited by hookeye; 12/03/23.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Maybe.

IMHO evolution and creationism go together.
Adam and Eve simply the first two humanoids to have souls.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
🧐

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Afar. Duh.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 21, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.