Home
Posted By: Sako Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
I am so sick and tired of this guy and Travis Kelce... Every time I see them on another commercial or hear about Taylor swift at a game just makes me want to stop watching... Now Maholmes is pitching a fit and slamming his helmet at the refs for throwing a flag on the play with Kelce pitching the ball... when replay shows it was a legit call... And now maholmes's wife is making news for saying the refs are the MVPs of the game... dang... I am about to stop watching all of it due to these idiots
Posted By: pete53 Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
this fall 2023 when Chief`s played the Vikings at the end of the game Ref`s should have thru the flag against the Chiefs defensive back for interference on a receiver in the endzone but the chief`s got away with that one too and many others. Maholmes was wrong and acted like a spoiled brat.
I didn't see the game or the offsides that called back the final TD. A photo I saw clearly shows a Chief's player's foot over the line. That's offsides by the rules. So what are they crying about? It's not a new rule or a trick play. It's not a ref's error. It's just an overpaid crybaby who didn't get his way.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
Terrible game by both teams. I have been a Buffalo fan for some time. Last few games they have been pathetic. Chiefs, no idea what their problem is. MTG
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
What set him off was the Bills were plainly guilty of the exact same thing on the very next play and it wasn't called. The two plays together cost them the game. Not making excuses- just explaining the tirade. At first I thought his anger was directed at his receiver for committing the penalty. It was an important game from a seating standpoint.

Of course, as others have pointed out, KC has been the beneficiary more than once.

Something may be going on with the Chiefs. Chris Jones and the Defensive Coordinator getting into it. Kelce is still pretty darn good but seems a tic off of what he has been. My BIL says Mahomes doesn't trust the right side of his O-line.

Good day for me though- Pittsburg and Philly both lost!
It is my humble opinion that Patty ought to spend more time throwing the ball accurately and less time running his mouth. Wifey should just spend less time mouthing off. Why I don't like pro football: too many spoiled brats not working hard on every play; Want to see it done right?
Watch old films of John Hannah or new films of Ryan Kelly. The first time you quit is hard, the second is easier, the third you don't even have to think about.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
someone had to replace Brady
Who?
I'm old enough to remember when players stood for the flag and knelt for a prayer. Fook the NFL and FJB.
Posted By: ModelT Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
No worries from my perspective, I do not watch.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
Chiefs had a win jerked out from under them,
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
Don't we all lose our cool at times? He happened to be on TV.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
Who are these people you are speaking of?
Posted By: Sako Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
The first time you quit is hard, the second is easier, the third you don't even have to think about.

I see this my trend as well... too bad they messed up a descent thing
Posted By: dale06 Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/11/23
I’ve pretty much lost interest in all pro sports. They’re not a sport anymore, but are a business that’s tax payer subsidized, with many crybaby employees, and attention whores.
However I did see on the internet, the replay of the off side penalty against KC. It was an accurate call.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/12/23
Defenses have figured out how to defend against the cheifs offense and they are frustrated.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Defenses have figured out how to defend against the cheifs offense and they are frustrated.

Defenses have less of an impact than the fact the Chief's current wide receivers all have skillet hands in crucial situations and Tyreek Hill is now playing in Miami...
Originally Posted by pete53
Maholmes was wrong and acted like a spoiled brat.

Which of course, he is..........Captain Obvious.

It's what happens when we pay a guy that much money for playing a game.

Fu^ck him & most of the others too.

MM
A player acts unprofessionally and yall are gonna stop watching the NFL now? Lol. You can’t make this shyt up.
And I was looking for a car doing a burnout....
Posted By: natman Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/12/23
Originally Posted by 700LH
I can appreciate that it was frustrating that a great play was called back, but you can hardly blame the refs. The Chiefs player clearly lined up offsides. The refs threw the flag as soon as the ball was snapped. They had no idea how the play was going to turn out. I realize that the penalty is rarely called, but that's because players on the offense usually line up correctly.

At least Mahomes had the grace to apologize once he cooled off. And rightly so.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/12/23
Gave up on all those overpaid players a few years ago. It's ridiculous how much they pay these guys to play sports.
Originally Posted by Sako
Every time I see them on another commercial or hear about Taylor swift at a game just makes me want to stop watching...

If the kneeling, the prima donna attitudes, the rule changes that turned it into a drawn out game of patty cake, and the hyper sexualized halftime shows haven’t made you stop yet, stop pretending a tantrum by one player is going to do it. You just posturing.
Posted By: Caplock Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/12/23
Clearly Toney's fault for being offsides...he should know better. I think Pat has been frustrated for a while with lapses in discipline and dropped kep passes....mostly by Toney and this was the straw that broke the camels back.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Bullschitt
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do admire what they've accomplished.
This season is not up to their standards and they are frustrated. A bad look for them with all the crying about "the call"
The Kelce lateral play was an awesome play.
Toney killed it by being offsides as clearly shown in the replays.

/thread
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/12/23
The Chiefs went damn near 50 years between super bowls, so any winning streak they have is rare as Haley's Comet. In the next couple of years they'll be back to begging for a game with John Knox Village.
Posted By: las Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/13/23
I believe the "exact same thing" next play on other side was not. The ball had been snapped and the camera angle is different.

Close tho...Either way, the players should know the rules and make sure they follow them on something as simple as lining up correctly. It ain't rocket science.

I have no problem with the calls as made.

What was the term in "Burn Notice"? "Whiney little bitch?
The only pictures I've seen of Toney being offside were of a superimposed graphic line at least 4" wide. The ref saw what he saw but the rest of us, particularly the TV commentators, have no idea where the exact line of scrimmage was.

Be that as it may, it wasn't the only bad call by the refs. They (the refs) seem to get worse all the time often in crucial plays near the end of the game, and not just in games involving the Chiefs.

BTW I know a rule is a rule, but can anyone explain any advantage Toney gained on this play by the position of his foot?

One big problem the Chiefs have this year is the right tackle has a weakness that teams are consistently exploiting. Taylor tries to compensate but in so doing, frequently moves too soon setting up.

Lastly, Mahomes performance in the first four games this year was clearly sub par. The last four have been more like what his standard is. In spite of the big talk by the coaches and front office, they did a poor job of replacing Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt (for an off field incident).
Originally Posted by SargeMO
The Chiefs went damn near 50 years between super bowls, so any winning streak they have is rare as Haley's Comet. In the next couple of years they'll be back to begging for a game with John Knox Village.

Ya! How do you think the lions fans feel???? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I didn't see the game or the offsides that called back the final TD. A photo I saw clearly shows a Chief's player's foot over the line. That's offsides by the rules. So what are they crying about? It's not a new rule or a trick play. It's not a ref's error. It's just an overpaid crybaby who didn't get his way.
What I’ve seen isn’t so much the play call back, but that there was an uncalled offside by the other team on the very next play.

Disproportionate enforcement is the bigger crime.
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Patrick Maholmes burn out - 12/13/23
Former Chiefs player explains why Buffalo was not offsides.

I think this is the best breakdown of the disputed offsides call.

LHS
© 24hourcampfire