Home
Posted By: STRSWilson Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Smoked four pork tenderloins yesterday for the gang and today its two beef tenderloins for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is two pork butts.

Not going to run out of protein this Christmas unless more uninvited folks show up.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
TexMex tradition on Christmas Eve w tamales, tacos, beans, rice and Posole. Tomorrow on Christmas it’s traditional w Ham, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, black eyed peas and lots of desserts! Kids and grands here and we’re not doing the low cal dance these two days!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Smoked four pork tenderloins yesterday for the gang and today its two beef tenderloins for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is two pork butts.

Not going to run out of protein this Christmas unless more uninvited folks show up.

Laurie returns from her trip this afternoon. She can have her choice of panko coated fried pork chops or grilled chuck eyes.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Got ready to get ready yesterday. Meatballs, spinach balls and spicy mustard, oysters with mignonette and cocktail sauce, smoke salmon dip and the cocktails. Eat after late afternoon church tonight.

Then on Christmas, smoked prime rib, oyster casserole, Hasselbeck potatoes and green beans with caramelized shallots, caramelized pears for desert.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
No cooking eating leftovers, having lunch at moms tomorrow.
Posted By: tskin Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Grilled pork chops today with several sides.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Pot Roast this evening... potato's, garden carrots, rutabagas and home made bread for soppin' gravy... oh!.. and punkin' pie with wip kreem.. pies goin in oven now...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Chili. and Oy$ter stew before Church tonight.
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Smoking 12lb rib roast
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Grilling burgers later whilst sipping whiskey....
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Wife's Father was Italian and always had baccala on Christmas Eve. It's the traditional Italian dish on that day. But since it's impossible to get salted cod here in Utah, we changed to a family tradition of linguini with white clam sauce. Simple to make, elegant, and delicious. Had it for years and years.

This year, however, we've aged. We'll have elder daughter's family here, and we've thrown all custom to the winds. Having Stouffer's lasagna. It isn't even fish. Italians would weep.
Nope the crowd is on their own this year
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
A tri-tip is bathing sous vide. Twice baked spuds are ready and a Caesar salad is to come. Middle son is here and his wife will arrive this evening.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Hell no I’m taking a break. I cooked 30 lbs of prime rib this week.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Buy cod, and salt it?
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
My wife is. German sausages, sauerkraut, potaoes, and German dark beer
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Eggs Benidict this morning…
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Prime rib, good Cabernet....................

MM
Posted By: Brokenarrow Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Nothing beats a good piece of beef.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: papalondog Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Kids and grandkids over today. Grandma gets to feed them. My job was the prime rib and salmon.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
While I'm not of the season, my mom was born and raised in Czechoslovakia and we grew up with a traditional Czech christmas meal...roasted duck, potato dumplings and sweet/sour red cabbage. Since we finally got a bit of snow I went snowmobiling this morning and am cooking dinner now (one of the pics is of the dumplings before being boiled and then fried in duck fat).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Snow crab legs and boiled shrimp
Posted By: Rapier Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Every year we do one traditional and one non traditional, meal, alternating for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This Christmas eve we had Christmas early for the Grandson, that flew in from Boston, so we made a home made beef Lasagna with fresh tossed garden salad and fresh grated Parmesan cheese, garlic toast made from Italian bread. Had the grand daughter's home made cranberry cream cookies for desert, plus fresh oranges for good luck in the coming year.. A family tradition is everyone makes something.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: Anyone Cooking Today? - 12/24/23
Slow cooker turkey breast and chicken spinach meatballs in parm-marinara sauce. Food was boring but the beer was cold.
© 24hourcampfire