Home
Posted By: JeffyD Don't-Got Donuts - 12/28/23
Driving home from my son's house today, the Mrs. and I stopped by a Dunkin Donuts and asked if they had any powdered vanilla cream donuts (my wife's favorites).

The guy taking the order said, "We don't have ANY donuts!"

WTF? I suggested a name change to Don't-Got Donuts. Dude wasn't amused.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/28/23
Your expectations are set too high
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/28/23
Keep your day job.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
This wasn't a weak attempt at humor.
The guy at DD actually told me they didn't have any donuts!
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Blame a Covtard
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Drove out of the way following the signs to a Hardees one time traveling because if I was gonna stop for fast food I was hungry for a roast beef. Got there and they had NO roast beef.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Driving home from my son's house today, the Mrs. and I stopped by a Dunkin Donuts and asked if they had any powdered vanilla cream donuts (my wife's favorites).

Two DD about 25 miles north of us. Have had the same experience. How do you have a donut shop and NOT have donuts??? Growing up, the one DD was open 24 hours per day. Always had the glazed donuts. Always had a variety on the shelf...
Posted By: slumlord Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Walmart has decent donuts
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
The doughnuts ain't made in the store anymore.

They're trucked in from a regional oven/deep frier.

When the day's delivery is sold out, it's sold out.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
no great loss... almost anyplace has better Donuts than Dunkin... when they have em!...
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Gas station donuts rock. Them white powder sugar donuts in cellophane do not.
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by JeffA
Your expectations are set too high

lol
Those little white Donettes, powderered ones. I can tear up a whole 1-lb bag of them. Quart of chocolate mrlk to chase em in-between. Ho lee fugk !! šŸ¤™šŸ¤™šŸ¤™
Posted By: Papag Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
We were told at Arby's one time that they were out of roast beef.
When Arbys is out of roast beast, I order 5 apple turnovers, get them to microwave them for 28 seconds.

I might hit em up today. On the way to Krispy kreme
Posted By: CRS Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
It has been months since I suffered a fast food restaurant of any type.

I am guilty of the mini Hostess chocolate donuts and coffee during hunting season though. The frosting is like wax, but the powdered ones are too messy.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Shadetree
I had the same thing happen the first time I was in Billings MT. Found out later the roast beef at Hardeeā€™s is a regional thing.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Good donuts or pastry when you're on the road, just stop at Kwik Trip or Kwik Star.
DUNKIN SUCKS.....not even close to what it used to be.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
Those little white Donettes, powderered ones. I can tear up a whole 1-lb bag of them. Quart of chocolate mrlk to chase em in-between. Ho lee fugk !! šŸ¤™šŸ¤™šŸ¤™

Sweet milk instead of coco milk..... ! grin

Not many around any more, but Southern Maid Donuts tops them all.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23

LOL. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Went in and asked for a dozen chocolate raised donuts. They said they were fresh out of donuts, all of them. This was mid day.

I contacted corporate, and they sent me a whole book of free doughnut coupons.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Two DD about 25 miles north of us. Have had the same experience. How do you have a donut shop and NOT have donuts??? Growing up, the one DD was open 24 hours per day. Always had the glazed donuts. Always had a variety on the shelf...
Yep. I suspect that they have transformed into thinking of themselves as competition for Starbucks rather than doughnut shops.
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
no great loss... almost anyplace has better Donuts than Dunkin... when they have em!...
True. When I was a young man, DD had great donuts, but rarely are they good anymore. Haven't been in decades.

Even back then, though, we all preferred the donuts at Donut Man (I think that was the name), which was a mom and pop donut shop.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Good donuts or pastry when you're on the road, just stop at Kwik Trip or Kwik Star.
DUNKIN SUCKS.....not even close to what it used to be.

The mcdonalds around here are selling Krispy Kremes. Still not as good as local shops, but miles better than anything Dunkin Donuts has.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Most of the DDs only make a certain number of donuts each day and when they're gone, they're gone. If I don't drive through by 9am on weekend day or by 10am on weekday, they don't have much, if any, to choose from.
There was a bakery in Bridgeton that was family owned for generations. Best baked goods in town, in particular, Italian bread.
Always good conversation around the coffee machine in the mornings.

The owners decided it was time to retire. Sold it to Hispanics (Bridgeton is now 53% Mexican). Prices went up, and quality?
Apparently the new owners don't know a damn thing about baking! Nasty stuff.

The morning crowd doesn't show up there any more. Another little slice of small town Americana ruined by diversity.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
There was a bakery in Bridgeton that was family owned for generations. Best baked goods in town, in particular, Italian bread.

The owners decided it was time to retire. Sold it to Hispanics (Bridgeton is now 53% Mexican). Prices went up, and quality?

The morning crowd doesn't show up there any more. Another little slice of small town Americana ruined by diversity.

There was a time in America where the Italians were also considered immigrants and the lowest of the low. Same with Irish Germans Chinese etc...

But I get it is always cool to hate on the new guys.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
They used to have that old White guy that got up at 4 in the morning to get up there. Remember the commercial?? ā€œTime to make the donuts!ā€.

Now, theyā€™ve got some lazy Gen Z/milennial, minority group du jour, who gets up there late at 0845, hoping to hell the Hispanic dude showed up and already did all the hard workā€¦.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
There's some flavor of Middle Eastern family (Lebanese? Syrian? Hell if I know) that bought a gas station near me, and the daddy makes killer donuts every morning.

Great stuff, if you can get over the donut maker looking a hell of a lot like this guy.

[Linked Image from juancole.com]
Originally Posted by Jcubed

There was a time in America where the Italians were also considered immigrants and the lowest of the low. Same with Irish Germans Chinese etc...

Oh, my bad. I forgot that diversity is our strength.
It's working out so well.

Smh. Were the Italians, you laud, a bad immigrant group?

Many thought so...

Progress is hard for some.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
They're not called Dunkin' Donuts anymore. Name was changed to just Dunkin.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Its best to get donuts these days at Brown Shoe Fit store and pepperoni pizza at pier 1 imports, if they aren't out of pepperoni.
Originally Posted by walt501
They're not called Dunkin' Donuts anymore. Name was changed to just Dunkin.
That explains a lot. Mainly a coffee shop, now.

Many thought so...

Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They won't learn our language.
They have no respect for our rule of law.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different class of people.
Different times.
You can keep your so-called "progress".
Posted By: Pugs Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different times.

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

Many thought so...

Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Your logic is beyond flawed.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by Pugs
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

Agreed. We need to make it less desirable to come here.
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Are you from Jersey seriously complaining about immigrants?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Just like fast food places. Order food at 11:45 and have to drive around with 3 other cars and wait.

Like...you couldn't predict that people eat lunch around noon and actually make some food when that's literally the only thing you do?
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Go have yourself a donut. You'll feel better. LOL!
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Go have yourself a donut. You'll feel better. LOL!

It is just funny.

On all ends.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Used or be a Krispy Kreme near one of the offices I used to cover on the night shift for Ma Bell. You could see the donuts on the conveyer through the window. A hot off the press Krispy Kreme is a wonderful thing, for certain.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Duncan Donuts suck.

They had some killer white powdered, blueberry filled ones when I was a kiddo.

The chinks / Vietnamese OWN all of the Mom & Pop donut shops in this part of the state.
They make killer donuts, Bear claws, and cinnamon rolls and have decent prices too
The ones I have dealt with are always very polite and glad to have your business.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Duncan Donuts suck.

The chinks / Vietnamese OWN all of the Mom & Pop donut shops in this part of the state.
They make killer donuts, Bear claws, and cinnamon rolls and have decent prices too
The ones I have dealt with are always very polite and glad to have your business.
All Chink owned mom and pop donut shops. No wonder youā€™re angry, Brother Chil.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/30/23
I havenā€™t had any from Dunkin Donuts in at least 30 years. I only ever had their French cruellers (sp?) the few times I have eaten their stuff. Around here most of the donut shops are independent and owned by Vietnamese. They do a good job and they are hard working people that run very clean operations, not as clean as the Japanese but few are. šŸ˜‰

On the island down here (back for the holidays) we have a French bakery that opened about 8 years ago and has done phenomenal business. The owners retired from their international restaurant consulting business after a lifetime spent in some of the finest Patisseries in Paris. The Boulangerie they opened here has better croissants than I ever recall having the times weā€™ve been to France. The husband (owner) was born and raised in Paris and grew up in a family of real bakers and chefs so he knows that some things canā€™t be substituted and some things, even in todayā€™s open and global ā€œAmazon marketplaceā€, the original cannot be replicated from 6,000+ miles awayā€¦at least according to Pierre. He has to import European butter specifically for the croissants since every type of American butter, even their European lines of butter, donā€™t have a high enough fat content or too high of a moisture content which prevents them from being as crispy as they should. The flour is imported as wellā€¦..every little detail is of immense importance to a real chef or baker and it makes ALL the difference. The care and pride that some people (and cultures) feel towards food is an act of ā€œloveā€ and, like an artist or a fine craftsman, each piece is worthy of admiration.

Iā€™m one that generally only has 1 meal a day, supper. I look at food more like the Europeans in that Iā€™d rather have no meal is itā€™s going to be a crappy one..like fast food. I like good food and donā€™t eat just to eat but donuts are a guilty pleasure that I occasionally indulge in, usually for my after supper TV watching desert. Lately Iā€™ll have a cup of real ā€œhomemadeā€ hot chocolate using the Kirkland brand organic cocoa and a donut but itā€™s just a phase Iā€™m going through and Iā€™ll outgrow it. šŸ˜‚

Beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, a cup of their Vietnamese coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice is my second favorite breakfastā€¦. I canā€™t eat a big breakfast in the morning but when weā€™re in the tropics or Hawaii fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruit, granola and yogurt with coffee and Iā€™m in ā€œheavenā€.

Dunkinā€™ Donuts got a big head over their crappy coffee and forgot about the ā€œDonutā€ part of their name. If I owned a ā€œrestaurantā€ like DD and we were sold out of the popular donuts by 9 or 10am I would double my production. Iā€™ve seen enough businesses sabotage their success either through ignorance or bad leadership that I donā€™t feel bad when they inevitably failā€¦..
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Shipley Do-Nuts, Hot Springs Arkansas... taste like donuts did when i was a kid... got some Amish made donuts at the Symco Thresheree (antique farming show up here in Symco Wi)... Damn Good!... next summer i'm puttin 3 or 4 Doz in the freezer...
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Duncan Donuts suck.

All Chink owned mom and pop donut shops. No wonder youā€™re angry, Brother Chil.

Look Everyone, itā€™s AlwaysHoldsFlavesCock with no cock to hold.
Now he tryā€™s to hold CalledScumā€™s. Except she doesnā€™t have one. Guess the dickless turds on the Campfire need to run in packs, ā€œto feel safeā€

Originally Posted by alwaysINdoors
ā€œBlackHeart might get me!ā€ šŸ˜¬
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

False.

All we needed to do was enforce the laws on the books.

But honestly I think it's too late to save the republic. No one has the fortitude to do what it'd take. I only hope from the ashes something is saved and starts anew.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Walmart has decent donuts

Walmart around here HAD decent donuts. Now they seem to be two days old when they hit the shelf.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Daylight Donuts (Tulsa based, regional thing I think) is my favorite donuts. They sell the flours and recipes to independent operators. Way better than a dunkin or Krispy Kreme in my opinion.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
We have a Thai family that does donuts in town. Operate it under ā€œShipleysā€ if that is regional I donā€™t know.

Anyway they donuts ALWAYS have an off taste and a hint of the old mama-sanā€™s White Diamonds or Chanel#5 baked into them. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

I just donā€™t know.

I stayed away for 4 years and hit up last month, same chit. Barf
Posted By: Chisos Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Duncan Donuts suck.

Shipley's for the win....
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Complain to corporate. They will almost certainly send you a book of free donut coupons. That's what they did for me when I complained about the same issue.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
We have a Thai family that does donuts in town. Operate it under ā€œShipleysā€ if that is regional I donā€™t know.

Anyway they donuts ALWAYS have an off taste and a hint of the old mama-sanā€™s White Diamonds or Chanel#5 baked into them. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

I just donā€™t know.

I stayed away for 4 years and hit up last month, same chit. Barf

There's a joint in Bowling Green called Great American Donuts or something like that, and their donuts tasted weird and kind of perfumey too. I'm pretty sure I was the only round-eye in the place when I was there.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
favorite Donut place is called Sugar Rush Donuts.

Wife picked up a dozen for me coming back from visiting her family.

My favorite is the strawberry glazed with sprinkles, otherwise known as the Homer Simpson

I'm sure that surprises no one on here
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
I was going to get a dozen for the office last week until I saw they were $23 for a dozen mixed
Posted By: KFWA Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Used or be a Krispy Kreme near one of the offices I used to cover on the night shift for Ma Bell. You could see the donuts on the conveyer through the window. A hot off the press Krispy Kreme is a wonderful thing, for certain.

Ours had a neon sign in the window that lit up saying "Hot Donuts Now"
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
I think the last time I bought donuts was when I still worked for NASA and would pick up a dozen for the office on early shift days. IIRC, they were $3.60 a dozen at DD then. Early 80s. Haven't had one since. That's not virtue signalling; I just don't care for them.

As others have said, the chain hasn't been "Dunkin' Donuts" since 2018. Just Dunkin'. They're a coffee shop that sells fried sugar snacks - until they run out.
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I was going to get a dozen for the office last week until I saw they were $23 for a dozen mixed
Gyattt dayum

I thought $13 a dozen was high at krispy kreme

Im gettin a case of the Old Fart Syndrome. Mrs slumlord used to work in a family owned shop in high school. Donuts were $.30cent each. 1989ish šŸ˜­
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Ours had a neon sign in the window that lit up saying "Hot Donuts Now"
When theyre hot I can kill about 10 of em before turning purple. šŸ’€

Rather eat 10 of those vs 10 white castles
Originally Posted by Chisos
Duncan Donuts suck.

Shipley's for the win....

Shirleyā€™s are just average donuts, at best.
Thatā€™s all they had in College Station when I was going to TAMU. Everyone bragged about them, there.
Yawn. šŸ¤Ŗ

About 10 years ago, they opened 3 locations in my old home town. They only lasted about a year or two before the Vietnamese family that owned all of the other shops ran them out of town.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Some of you ain't gonna last too long a time on earth! grin
slant eye say... stupid round eye eat donut, get fat, die longtime...
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
slant eye say... stupid round eye eat donut, get fat, die longtime...

LOL.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
depending on time of day thats pretty common and reasonable.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Ever go to a stationary store to be told they were fresh out of stationary?
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Had KFC run out of chicken a while back. I guess you could fill up on sides.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Once again, for those of you on the short bus, Dunkin hasn't been a donut store for FIVE EFFING YEARS.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Ever go to a stationary store to be told they were fresh out of stationary?

so you expect them to just keep baking donuts ( that are not made there but shipped in uncooked in a finite amount) that they may not sell and have to throw out before the next day? it seems pretty reasonable that depending on how late in the day it is that they may be out of their alloted donuts for the day. our local DD has this happen frequently especially with items that they dont make a lot of every day anyway.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Once again, for those of you on the short bus, Dunkin hasn't been a donut store for FIVE EFFING YEARS.
That's what I said, i.e., they think of themselves more like a coffee shop, now. Only when I went in several years ago (I guess soon after they changed their mission) and was told they were fresh out of donuts in the early afternoon, I was flabbergasted, because all my life it had been a donut shop, and I hadn't heard they had transitioned into mainly being a coffee shop.
WTF are they "Dunkin" then?...
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That's what I said, i.e., they think of themselves more like a coffee shop, now. Only when I went in several years ago (I guess soon after they changed their mission) and was told they were fresh out of donuts in the early afternoon, I was flabbergasted, because all my life it had been a donut shop, and I hadn't heard they had transitioned into mainly being a coffee shop.

Most of them around here in this part of the state have a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream shop inside them, nowadays.

Still would t get me in one. I can buy Baskin Robbins in the Grocery Store.
And itā€™s much better than that Commie Libertard crap, Ben & Jerryā€™s.
Posted By: CRS Re: Don't-Got Donuts - 01/01/24
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Daylight Donuts (Tulsa based, regional thing I think) is my favorite donuts. They sell the flours and recipes to independent operators. Way better than a dunkin or Krispy Kreme in my opinion.

Depends on the operator... had one that was fantastic, then they sold it. New owners have a way to go.

Walmart...WOW, seriously lacking IMO.
© 24hourcampfire