Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Pugs
Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They won't learn our language.
They have no respect for our rule of law.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different class of people.
Different times.
You can keep your so-called "progress".

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

Agreed. We need to make it less desirable to come here.

Are you from Jersey seriously complaining about immigrants?

Go have yourself a donut. You'll feel better. LOL!

It is just funny.

On all ends.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used or be a Krispy Kreme near one of the offices I used to cover on the night shift for Ma Bell. You could see the donuts on the conveyer through the window. A hot off the press Krispy Kreme is a wonderful thing, for certain.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Duncan Donuts suck.

They had some killer white powdered, blueberry filled ones when I was a kiddo.

The chinks / Vietnamese OWN all of the Mom & Pop donut shops in this part of the state.
They make killer donuts, Bear claws, and cinnamon rolls and have decent prices too
The ones I have dealt with are always very polite and glad to have your business.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Duncan Donuts suck.

The chinks / Vietnamese OWN all of the Mom & Pop donut shops in this part of the state.
They make killer donuts, Bear claws, and cinnamon rolls and have decent prices too
The ones I have dealt with are always very polite and glad to have your business.
All Chink owned mom and pop donut shops. No wonder you’re angry, Brother Chil.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I haven’t had any from Dunkin Donuts in at least 30 years. I only ever had their French cruellers (sp?) the few times I have eaten their stuff. Around here most of the donut shops are independent and owned by Vietnamese. They do a good job and they are hard working people that run very clean operations, not as clean as the Japanese but few are. 😉

On the island down here (back for the holidays) we have a French bakery that opened about 8 years ago and has done phenomenal business. The owners retired from their international restaurant consulting business after a lifetime spent in some of the finest Patisseries in Paris. The Boulangerie they opened here has better croissants than I ever recall having the times we’ve been to France. The husband (owner) was born and raised in Paris and grew up in a family of real bakers and chefs so he knows that some things can’t be substituted and some things, even in today’s open and global “Amazon marketplace”, the original cannot be replicated from 6,000+ miles away…at least according to Pierre. He has to import European butter specifically for the croissants since every type of American butter, even their European lines of butter, don’t have a high enough fat content or too high of a moisture content which prevents them from being as crispy as they should. The flour is imported as well…..every little detail is of immense importance to a real chef or baker and it makes ALL the difference. The care and pride that some people (and cultures) feel towards food is an act of “love” and, like an artist or a fine craftsman, each piece is worthy of admiration.

I’m one that generally only has 1 meal a day, supper. I look at food more like the Europeans in that I’d rather have no meal is it’s going to be a crappy one..like fast food. I like good food and don’t eat just to eat but donuts are a guilty pleasure that I occasionally indulge in, usually for my after supper TV watching desert. Lately I’ll have a cup of real “homemade” hot chocolate using the Kirkland brand organic cocoa and a donut but it’s just a phase I’m going through and I’ll outgrow it. 😂

Beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, a cup of their Vietnamese coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice is my second favorite breakfast…. I can’t eat a big breakfast in the morning but when we’re in the tropics or Hawaii fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruit, granola and yogurt with coffee and I’m in “heaven”.

Dunkin’ Donuts got a big head over their crappy coffee and forgot about the “Donut” part of their name. If I owned a “restaurant” like DD and we were sold out of the popular donuts by 9 or 10am I would double my production. I’ve seen enough businesses sabotage their success either through ignorance or bad leadership that I don’t feel bad when they inevitably fail…..

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shipley Do-Nuts, Hot Springs Arkansas... taste like donuts did when i was a kid... got some Amish made donuts at the Symco Thresheree (antique farming show up here in Symco Wi)... Damn Good!... next summer i'm puttin 3 or 4 Doz in the freezer...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 12/30/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Duncan Donuts suck.

All Chink owned mom and pop donut shops. No wonder you’re angry, Brother Chil.

Look Everyone, it’s AlwaysHoldsFlavesCock with no cock to hold.
Now he try’s to hold CalledScum’s. Except she doesn’t have one. Guess the dickless turds on the Campfire need to run in packs, “to feel safe”

Originally Posted by alwaysINdoors
“BlackHeart might get me!” 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They won't learn our language.
They have no respect for our rule of law.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different class of people.
Different times.
You can keep your so-called "progress".

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

False.

All we needed to do was enforce the laws on the books.

But honestly I think it's too late to save the republic. No one has the fortitude to do what it'd take. I only hope from the ashes something is saved and starts anew.

MAGA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Walmart has decent donuts

Walmart around here HAD decent donuts. Now they seem to be two days old when they hit the shelf.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Daylight Donuts (Tulsa based, regional thing I think) is my favorite donuts. They sell the flours and recipes to independent operators. Way better than a dunkin or Krispy Kreme in my opinion.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a Thai family that does donuts in town. Operate it under “Shipleys” if that is regional I don’t know.

Anyway they donuts ALWAYS have an off taste and a hint of the old mama-san’s White Diamonds or Chanel#5 baked into them. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

I just don’t know.

I stayed away for 4 years and hit up last month, same chit. Barf

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Duncan Donuts suck.

Shipley's for the win....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Complain to corporate. They will almost certainly send you a book of free donut coupons. That's what they did for me when I complained about the same issue.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have a Thai family that does donuts in town. Operate it under “Shipleys” if that is regional I don’t know.

Anyway they donuts ALWAYS have an off taste and a hint of the old mama-san’s White Diamonds or Chanel#5 baked into them. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

I just don’t know.

I stayed away for 4 years and hit up last month, same chit. Barf

There's a joint in Bowling Green called Great American Donuts or something like that, and their donuts tasted weird and kind of perfumey too. I'm pretty sure I was the only round-eye in the place when I was there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
favorite Donut place is called Sugar Rush Donuts.

Wife picked up a dozen for me coming back from visiting her family.

My favorite is the strawberry glazed with sprinkles, otherwise known as the Homer Simpson

I'm sure that surprises no one on here

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to get a dozen for the office last week until I saw they were $23 for a dozen mixed

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Used or be a Krispy Kreme near one of the offices I used to cover on the night shift for Ma Bell. You could see the donuts on the conveyer through the window. A hot off the press Krispy Kreme is a wonderful thing, for certain.

Ours had a neon sign in the window that lit up saying "Hot Donuts Now"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the last time I bought donuts was when I still worked for NASA and would pick up a dozen for the office on early shift days. IIRC, they were $3.60 a dozen at DD then. Early 80s. Haven't had one since. That's not virtue signalling; I just don't care for them.

As others have said, the chain hasn't been "Dunkin' Donuts" since 2018. Just Dunkin'. They're a coffee shop that sells fried sugar snacks - until they run out.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I was going to get a dozen for the office last week until I saw they were $23 for a dozen mixed
Gyattt dayum

I thought $13 a dozen was high at krispy kreme

Im gettin a case of the Old Fart Syndrome. Mrs slumlord used to work in a family owned shop in high school. Donuts were $.30cent each. 1989ish 😭

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Ours had a neon sign in the window that lit up saying "Hot Donuts Now"
When theyre hot I can kill about 10 of em before turning purple. 💀

Rather eat 10 of those vs 10 white castles

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.