Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Driving home from my son's house today, the Mrs. and I stopped by a Dunkin Donuts and asked if they had any powdered vanilla cream donuts (my wife's favorites).

The guy taking the order said, "We don't have ANY donuts!"

WTF? I suggested a name change to Don't-Got Donuts. Dude wasn't amused.

Two DD about 25 miles north of us. Have had the same experience. How do you have a donut shop and NOT have donuts??? Growing up, the one DD was open 24 hours per day. Always had the glazed donuts. Always had a variety on the shelf...
Yep. I suspect that they have transformed into thinking of themselves as competition for Starbucks rather than doughnut shops.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
no great loss... almost anyplace has better Donuts than Dunkin... when they have em!...
True. When I was a young man, DD had great donuts, but rarely are they good anymore. Haven't been in decades.

Even back then, though, we all preferred the donuts at Donut Man (I think that was the name), which was a mom and pop donut shop.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Good donuts or pastry when you're on the road, just stop at Kwik Trip or Kwik Star.
DUNKIN SUCKS.....not even close to what it used to be.

The mcdonalds around here are selling Krispy Kremes. Still not as good as local shops, but miles better than anything Dunkin Donuts has.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most of the DDs only make a certain number of donuts each day and when they're gone, they're gone. If I don't drive through by 9am on weekend day or by 10am on weekday, they don't have much, if any, to choose from.

J
JeffyD Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
There was a bakery in Bridgeton that was family owned for generations. Best baked goods in town, in particular, Italian bread.
Always good conversation around the coffee machine in the mornings.

The owners decided it was time to retire. Sold it to Hispanics (Bridgeton is now 53% Mexican). Prices went up, and quality?
Apparently the new owners don't know a damn thing about baking! Nasty stuff.

The morning crowd doesn't show up there any more. Another little slice of small town Americana ruined by diversity.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There was a bakery in Bridgeton that was family owned for generations. Best baked goods in town, in particular, Italian bread.

The owners decided it was time to retire. Sold it to Hispanics (Bridgeton is now 53% Mexican). Prices went up, and quality?

The morning crowd doesn't show up there any more. Another little slice of small town Americana ruined by diversity.

There was a time in America where the Italians were also considered immigrants and the lowest of the low. Same with Irish Germans Chinese etc...

But I get it is always cool to hate on the new guys.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They used to have that old White guy that got up at 4 in the morning to get up there. Remember the commercial?? “Time to make the donuts!”.

Now, they’ve got some lazy Gen Z/milennial, minority group du jour, who gets up there late at 0845, hoping to hell the Hispanic dude showed up and already did all the hard work….

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
There's some flavor of Middle Eastern family (Lebanese? Syrian? Hell if I know) that bought a gas station near me, and the daddy makes killer donuts every morning.

Great stuff, if you can get over the donut maker looking a hell of a lot like this guy.

[Linked Image from juancole.com]

J
JeffyD Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed

There was a time in America where the Italians were also considered immigrants and the lowest of the low. Same with Irish Germans Chinese etc...

Oh, my bad. I forgot that diversity is our strength.
It's working out so well.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Smh. Were the Italians, you laud, a bad immigrant group?

Many thought so...

Progress is hard for some.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're not called Dunkin' Donuts anymore. Name was changed to just Dunkin.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its best to get donuts these days at Brown Shoe Fit store and pepperoni pizza at pier 1 imports, if they aren't out of pepperoni.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by walt501
They're not called Dunkin' Donuts anymore. Name was changed to just Dunkin.
That explains a lot. Mainly a coffee shop, now.

J
JeffyD Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Many thought so...

Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They won't learn our language.
They have no respect for our rule of law.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different class of people.
Different times.
You can keep your so-called "progress".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Progress?
Explain to me how the flood of invaders from third-world countries across our southern border can be considered progress.
They do not assimilate.
They place a strain on our medical system, our school systems, and other vital public services, all at the taxpayer's expense.

In contrast, European immigrants came here with skills and a solid work ethic and willingness to build a better life for their families through hard work without govt handouts. They learned our language and took pride in calling themselves Americans. They built this Country.

Different times.

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Many thought so...

Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Your logic is beyond flawed.

Good luck.

J
JeffyD Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Pugs
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

That's our fault not their's. We need to have a complete remodel of our immigration system starting with stopping illegals then increasing the ease and numbers of the immigrants that we want and need to become Americans and have the become legal paying members of our country.

Agreed. We need to make it less desirable to come here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Are you from Jersey seriously complaining about immigrants?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just like fast food places. Order food at 11:45 and have to drive around with 3 other cars and wait.

Like...you couldn't predict that people eat lunch around noon and actually make some food when that's literally the only thing you do?

J
JeffyD Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Progress?
They do not assimilate.

Different times.

Are you from Jersey seriously complaining about immigrants?

Go have yourself a donut. You'll feel better. LOL!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (44mc, 35, 345dl, 338rcm, 300Sav, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,570
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.