Home
6F currently (6:35 MST) at our place this morning. The morning walk will be brisk. But at least it will be sunny.
32 Here!
40 degrees here with a bad azz storm moving in. Huge wave expected off our coast. Flooding expected in some areas. The coast is in the 60s, and the mountains in the low 30s. It will be a miserable day for the entire state.
31 here and flurries
8 and partly sunny here.
This week will bring -29 to G funk, er Ghetto Falls, er Great Falls.

I am in Salt Lake this week so it highs of 30's and snow this week.

I shouldn't hack on GF, Idaho cities makes GF look fancy.
74 here in Florida. Back in Connecticut its 30.
There's a blue norther coming in around Sunday that's supposed to change things quite a bit, even this far south.

Right now they are showing temps in the teens for lows.

Being as I don't have ANY faith in the power grid, I'm making ready starting today.
6:55 here 5* and dropping.
18 currently with 9” new snow. Deep freeze is coming Thursday or Friday with more snow and a high of -1.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
6:55 here 5* and dropping.

Might get cool if it keeps dropping like that! wink
-6F, light breeze.
It was 18 this morning. With the wind chill it felt like 9 degrees. Only got up to about 38 yesterday. Supposed to get up to 50 today.
Here in Southern Michigan we haven't had much of a winter yet....only time I've needed to where boots is hunting snow blower has been gassed up ready to move some snow but we have dodged the white stuff....just seams to rain....
51 with a high of 66 expected.. The warmth came in with the rain.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's a blue norther coming in around Sunday that's supposed to change things quite a bit, even this far south.

Being as I don't have ANY faith in the power grid, I'm making ready starting today.

As am I we are projected to hit single digits here for a couple of nights going to square the stock water and hay around for the coming onslaught...we have more dependable power here though as long as there's no ice....
Originally Posted by 45_100
It was 18 this morning. With the wind chill it felt like 9 degrees. Only got up to about 38 yesterday. Supposed to get up to 50 today.
That's what we're supposed to get to today. Heat wave smile
High yesterday was 31, sustained winds 20mph, gusts 40+.
Didn't get much snow, but everything we got over the previous ~10 days got moved - a lot!
Went to check well houses, didn't make it. Roads blown in. Hopefully, the county gets them bladed today - just hoping nothing froze up!
26 in NW Iowa, 6" new powder. A Great day to be alive.
A chilly 65 degrees outside this morning. Brrr.
Originally Posted by okie

As am I we are projected to hit single digits here for a couple of nights going to square the stock water and hay around for the coming onslaught...we have more dependable power here though as long as there's no ice....

It's greater demand during sudden cold (or hot) weather that strains our grid down here.

Could it be that solar and wind aren't as reliable as they said? wink

My tractor PTO generator is pretty reliable though. smile
0 at FLG airport right now
Warming up nicely, 0 yesterday morning (was a bit brisk while loading the fish), 16 and breezy this morning. Snow off and on.

But at least we’re not in Great Falls wink.
Didn't get much snow, but everything we got over the previous ~10 days got moved - a lot!
Went to check well houses, didn't make it. Roads blown in. Hopefully, the county gets them bladed today - just hoping nothing froze up!

Wife wants to know how you heat your home.
36 this morning
Originally Posted by okie

It's greater demand during sudden cold (or hot) weather that strains our grid down here.

Could it be that solar and wind aren't as reliable as they said? wink

My tractor PTO generator is pretty reliable though. smile

That high demand bit you guys pretty hard not too long ago thank goodness we're not saddled with that problem north of the Red (yet). I've yet to pull the trigger on a PTO unit as we have other alternatives but it makes sense for us and would be an additional redundancy to the propane backups we have now.
Mid 30's and a nice & chilly but heavy rain here in the southern Virginia Blue Ridge Mtns.
Looks like a frog strangler for the day.

Wife wants to know how you heat your home.

Natural gas, and hugs, here at home. laugh
Wood and diesel at the ranch.
Oil fired furnace. Can't get fuel oil, or even kerosene delivered - so #2 diesel it is. Unexpectedly, no odor problems at all. Works fine.
Mostly wood, though.
Idk. Felt like I should of grabbed a jacket on the way to the truck this morning, but I was already half way there.
Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

KB

Anyone know what that's talking about?
Talking to a guy from Michigan or Minnesota don’t remember which. I told him I can’t imagine living where it gets below zero. He said it feels colder in the desert at 30 degrees than 10 below at home.

We have propane heat but very expensive. Use mostly wood and electric space heaters. Have an old smudge pot in the shop and you are right about the smell. Not bad once you get it going and the smoke burned off in the chimney. It’s a little smokey until it starts roaring.
Not very... mid 30s right now. Supposed to drop off below zero Sunday through the middle of next week, though.

About damn time... my ice gear has been ready to roll since the end of deer season.
St George is a balmy 21° this morning.
Sunny blue skies and 48 at the moment. A cool front is supposed to arrive later this week. The recent whole house generator install is ready if needed.
Talking to a guy from Michigan or Minnesota don’t remember which. I told him I can’t imagine living where it gets below zero. He said it feels colder in the desert at 30 degrees than 10 below at home.

We have propane heat but very expensive. Use mostly wood and electric space heaters. Have an old smudge pot in the shop and you are right about the smell. Not bad once you get it going and the smoke burned off in the chimney. It’s a little smokey until it starts roaring.

I agree about how the temp feels in the desert vs other, more vegetated places.
Columbus, NM @ 10* is a cold SOB! OTOH, Grand Rapids, MI @10* isn't too bad, IMO.
Coming down the runs at Angel Fire @ -12* will make you wonder just how nuts you are, though! laugh BTDT!
1 degree and overcast in Fairbanks Ak. Haven't had a serious cold spell yet this winter.
Supposed to get down to 40 below on Friday.
Another unseasonably warm storm front, raining (in January!) this morning, in the Siskiyou's this morning. It's 40 deg at 3,500 ft elev. I don't see how we can get any kind of a snow pack this year for the valley farmers. Mt Ashland and Mt Shasta ski areas are not fully open yet and they are at over 6,000 ft. The 'final word' snow surveys will not be until April...but it ain't lookin' good.
Pretty warm here, 4F this morning. The little storm that’s hitting much of the country will pass east of us! memtb
Originally Posted by StGeorger
St George is a balmy 21° this morning.

Come on up the hill if you need to cool off! wink
32 and freezing rain on packed snow. Crater Lake has about one third normal snow pack. Another dry winter for our area!
Positively balmy, but crazy windy.
9 below. 30+ mph winds come tomorrow night.
20 below several days last week. 38 above a couple days ago, rain all night into the afternoon, turning to 4" snow. 6 degrees right now. clear. ice/snow laden trees are right pretty. Many are bowed down, some broken, I cut several aspen that were bowed down, out of our lot intruding into public roadway..

Some - most - of the neighbors are slacking in that respect!

What fun!
37 now. fore ast of zero sunday morning
Winter caught up to us in Iowa.
75 at mid afternoon, now down to 61. A "Cold Front" moved in!
We had more winter in late October than we got in November or December. It has been an easy end to 2023, but you now it was bound to change!

Last week the block heating element went out a loader tractor, got that replaced this afternoon just before dark. Luckily we have a good spare and it doesn't really bother me to only have one loader when it's 'nice' but when it gets cold I want a spare of everything!

And it wasn't bad weather to be mechanic'in, 20F and no wind, last good time to get it fixed before the week of chit in store.

Machinery and water always worrying me when it gets cold.
My main tractor is deader'n Kelcey's nuts Sam.

Scrounging up a spear for my 1977 John Deere backhoe now.

Friday and Saturday are gonna suck up here.
Damn it Jim, you could borrow mine if you were closer!

What happened to the tractor?

It looks like you guys are going be 5-10 degrees colder than us for a night or two.
Must have a huge internal hydraulic leak.

My series of John Deeres were notorious for iI. Used lots of steel pipes inside the machine.

They would crack and leak and then you have no hydraulics.
12 F
Well, that obviously sucks!

When it gets -20F or colder I'm planning on not even trying to use the '10 7330 that is on our bale processor. Something must be out of adjustment because the loader will simply NOT move, at all, when it's cold cold. The farm's newest tractor and it's a cold weather pussy!

Gonna set down a bunch of ('better')bales off a stack tomorrow and just use the bale bed.
What's best blended fuel, or an additive?
23 now. Saturday night, Sunday morning-25🥶
We switch to straight #1 before winter and stick with that until spring.

If I remember to do it.. the plan is to test some old-time #2 diesel with modern day #1 when it's -30F ambient.
Weather guesser says -30 coming in a couple days with a 14 mph wind...
Long underwear time. One morning when I was running the generator, I put my long bottoms backwards three time in the dark. laugh
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Another unseasonably warm storm front, raining (in January!) this morning, in the Siskiyou's this morning. It's 40 deg at 3,500 ft elev. I don't see how we can get any kind of a snow pack this year for the valley farmers. Mt Ashland and Mt Shasta ski areas are not fully open yet and they are at over 6,000 ft. The 'final word' snow surveys will not be until April...but it ain't lookin' good.
Yep, even "warm" over here for this time of year. got down in the high 20s last evening but the storm coming in had us up over freezing, 35 or so when I got up. the 1.5" snow we got the other day is about gone, more coming tonight/tomorrow. Maybe 2-4" they say. Suits me as I'm still under doctor's orders to keep my arm in the sling excepr for exercising.

Supposed to in the low double digits a couple of nights this week, keeps firewood use lower than negative temps.

News tonight was saying N and S Sierras are right around 38% of normal for the year, hoping this storm boosts that some or it could be a dry summer for lots of folks.

Never a dull moment......................................Out West
It is looking like we are going to see -15 to -20 plus windchill by the weekend. Up until now it has been an extremely mild winter.
We calve outside, I like wintertime, in winter, not in April.
Banana belt weather, predicted -34 Saturday, today was 40mph winds and +34

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
It's so cold Wabi put his long johns on backwards and fell face first into the outhouse chitter.... damn cold
Next time, I keep a flashlight by the bed. laugh
32⁰ in Kodiak.
Woke up to ½" snow.
Been a dry winter mostly
One day last winter it was -60F windchill in the daylight.

I remember watching little field birds literally freezing to death in the wind. Got a nice weird oval on the side of my nose where I think the sunglasses hit and froze down hard.
It could be worse, Paul Bunyan, "The year of the two winters."
Four and a half years in Calgary and two and a half years in Kazakhstan (both offshore Caspian Sea and in Atyrau) have given me all I want of cold. The arrival of the Caspian seals was good.
This is a good thread.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What's best blended fuel, or an additive?

We run 50/50 #1 and #2 in the winter, but we don’t get below about -15 with any regularity. No issues. Much easier to just order in pre mixed so nobody forgets to put the additive in.
Don't lick any pump handles. laugh
30 and blowing like hell. 25 mph with 40mph gusts. Supposed to get a bit of snow.

Gotta take the wife to St. George tomorrow. Might wear shorts.
Originally Posted by Steve
30 and blowing like hell. 25 mph with 40mph gusts. Supposed to get a bit of snow.

Gotta take the wife to St. George tomorrow. Might wear shorts.
Sounds like you're getting what blew thru here this morning Steve.

Going down to 9F tonight they say. maybe that prediction is as accurate as the snow prediction for today?

Does this look like 2"-4"? took that in the middle the yard, not where it's drifted in on the side of the house or by the fences

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

my arm's still in a sling from shoulder surgery so my wife had to shovel some paths for us and the dogs. Snow drifted up against the garage doors too, probably close to 18" worth there. usually my job. got done and said "we're moving" grin

hope your "bit of snow " doesn't end up like ours
Geno, Looks like you guys might be finally getting some snow pack. Be nice to see Lake Shasta full a couple years in a row.
It's supposed to dip in the teens come Monday or so here in the Texas Hill Country. Plenty of dry oak to burn.
yeah, i might have to try to get over there for some fishing if there's water. Couple of years of high water flooding good spawning and rearing habitat should help the bass population. could be really good in a few years then
That looks like real snow. When I left the farm last night, a couple of inches had accumulated. When I got back at six this morning, everything was bare except where it had drifted in. 40 MPH winds blew it all away, and it’s still going, somewhere, as far as I know, lol.

Down to -12 in the forecast for Monday. I cancelled the load. A guy has got to know his limitations. I delivered North of Lethbridge, AB one time at 30 below, and I promised myself that in the future I’d check the weather forecast before loading, lol.
1degree and dropping.
Just opened the cupboard doors below the sink and will leave the sink at a dribble.
Getting down to 29 degrees tonight. Yesterday’s storm raised my pond over 1’ . More rain and storms expected on Friday.
Originally Posted by Dutch
That looks like real snow. When I left the farm last night, a couple of inches had accumulated. When I got back at six this morning, everything was bare except where it had drifted in. 40 MPH winds blew it all away, and it’s still going, somewhere, as far as I know, lol.

Down to -12 in the forecast for Monday. I cancelled the load. A guy has got to know his limitations. I delivered North of Lethbridge, AB one time at 30 below, and I promised myself that in the future I’d check the weather forecast before loading, lol.
yeah Dutch, it was real enough for here. Don't usually get that much at once, at least not in the 7 or so years we've been here. only a couple of times I can recall.

Wife also told me no more surgeries in winter shocked

guess she didn't realize how hard her old man worked around here whistle
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Wife also told me no more surgeries in winter shocked

guess she didn't realize how hard her old man worked around here whistle

Ha!
14 F and 7.5 ft of snow in sunny Eagle River Alaska
Originally Posted by EdM
It's supposed to dip in the teens come Monday or so here in the Texas Hill Country. Plenty of dry oak to burn.

It hit 66 today.
1:44 am, 8 degrees, Fargo, N.D.

Does Global Warming count?
Zero F right now. On our way to minus 35 over the next few days. I have to travel today, in blizzard conditions for the first hundred miles. Sux. GD
Pretty warm here, 1 F…….waiting on the front’s arrival later in the day! memtb
Woke up to about 6 inches. We have about a 40 ft driveway. Wife and I got it cleared in about an hour.

Think I need a snowblower.
Supposed to get mid 20s below. Normal for us. Been really lucky until now. Northern ND. Edk
2 degrees this morning, 7 degrees right now. Good ol northern Nevada for you.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Banana belt weather, predicted -34 Saturday, today was 40mph winds and +34

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

At least our air quality finally reached good!
Dutch - I lived in the Arctic for a number of years. The Arctic is actually a desert. We didn't get much snow, but due to shifting winds, we used the hell out of what we did get. Every time the wind shifted, we'd get to use the last batch all over again. smile

6 degrees and clear here at 7 yesterday morning - supposed to hit upper 20's by this afternoon, with cloud cover. No snow forecasted, which is good as I have to ship my wife off to Argentina for 2 weeks, and it's a 300 mile RT to the airport.

Friday or Saturday it's another 150 miles RT to Homer to pick up something there.

I hate winter driving!
-14C which is I believe 6.8F and extremely high winds blowing hard and causing almost white out conditions.
Warmed up today. Feels like it’s near 60 with blue skies.

Jumped in the kayak and paddled waaaay up a creek scouting for a duck spot.
Looks like a great area but didn’t see a single duck. Then again it was midday and not exactly ”duck weather”.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Warmed up today. Feels like it’s near 60 with blue skies.

Jumped in the kayak and paddled waaaay up a creek scouting for a duck spot.
Looks like a great area but didn’t see a single duck. Then again it was midday and not exactly ”duck weather”.
go fishin' instead. wink
8F today.
Ask me in 2 weeks when I'm in Fiji
Around 9 today, Sunday is to be nasty.
We might be snowed in.
Minus 9 for a high Sunday.
The really cold chit looks like it's gonna float in on Jim about 200 miles west of us.

They get -40F, we get -30F.
Wear warm socks!
+7°F forecast for the low tonight here in the warmer region of the Alaska banana belt. It's been a warm winter so far and hardly even froze and this is our first real dose of winter. We got some pretty good storms here in the winter (warm, wet and windy) but temperatures are usually pretty mild (rain more than snow).
November and December were so nice we didn't use any straw.

Rolled out 4 bales today for the calves. Supposed to snow a little so I didn't roll out any more. Beautiful straw from irrigated (long stem..)wheat run through an old conventional combine. Bales rolled out real nice.

Last year the only straw we bought was a shorter crop run through big, newer JD's and the bales literally exploded when you cut the wrap. But it was take what you can get that year.
Now under a blizzard warning..... seems like they are awfully liberal with these various "storm" warnings. I doubt we're all going to die, at least not tonight....
It got up to around 65 here today. It’s supposed to be low teens in a couple of days. Maybe some wintery precip. Deer season is still on; maybe we’ll get to hunt with a little snow on the ground. 😁
Sam, we some cattle pictures.
16 degrees right now, clear sky, low of 4 in the morning
I feel blessed.

only got down to 9F overnight and it hit 35F sometime during the day. Winds were mild even.

Fed the hens their afternoon scratch without even putting on a jacket.
-14 on location outside Boulder WY this morning.
temp is supposed to drop in the next few hours. It's 11 here, now (Shoshoni Wyoming) The weather report says to brace for deep sub-zero temps in the next 5 days.
It was blue sky 72 today. The Canadians are going to change that come Monday.
0 tonight, -5 tomorrow night -20--35 windchill
Cold air is moving in here this evening. It's -16 with the wind chill at -36 at the moment.

Forecast is -33 tomorrow night.

Looks like it will be well below zero until Tuesday.
The trip to Calgary and back yesterday was semi-dismal (blowing snow and slow traffic) for the first 75 miles, but just cold after that. Minus 31 C (about -23F) with a 15mph north wind, gusting to 25. The next few days will be unpleasant until the wind lets up. Driveway is drifting in nicely. GD
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Still dark here and I have yet to go outside.

And unlike Geno I plan on wearing a coat and boots today, maybe even long pants.
30 below here this morning.

Wouldn't be so bad except for someone wanting to have fair pigs so they bred the sow to farrow today.
Well Jim, at least you're not calving!
A slight chill in the air down south from Jim & Sam -----only minus 14 right now,but it will get colder at sunrise.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

There are probably some bull breeders up here calving right now.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

There are probably some bull breeders up here calving right now.

Stay warm up there, gents.
Supposed to be 60 bellow wind chill all day and night tomorrow.

That's just uncalled for.
We in Texas can't compare to you in the North, but we're going to be in single digits next week which will wreak havoc with our pipes etc.
I remember single digits in East Texas; I'll take subzero weather here in Idaho anytime over that humid misery.

But not 60 below. That's not fit for man or beast.
Steve: It is a "balmy" -21 degrees (twenty one degrees below ZERO!) here in SW Montana right now (1-12-2,024)!
That temperature WILL get your attention.
For imbeciles like scumload, that temperature is 53 (fifty three!) degrees COLDER than just plain freezing!
I think I will "stay in" today.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My daughter who lives in Calgary just texted me. 30 below right now with a wind chill of 49 below. Supposed to get colder this evening. She has a brisk 15 minute walk to work. Rather her than me smile
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve: It is a "balmy" -21 degrees (twenty one degrees below ZERO!) here in SW Montana right now (1-12-2,024)!
For imbeciles like scumload, that temperature is 53 (fifty three!) degrees COLDER than just plain freezing!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Never forget. The blame is all Al Gore's.
Like I mentioned earlier had to drive the wife into St. George yesterday. There was snow all the way into town.

Slickest spot on the whole trip was in the dentist's parking lot. Almost slid into another parked car as I was pulling out as the lot was a skating ring.
Originally Posted by brush_buster
We in Texas can't compare to you in the North, but we're going to be in single digits next week which will wreak havoc with our pipes etc.

Good luck.
Hope you guys don't lose power again.
I was starting to like this global warming until this week.
-14 this morning with a Real Feel of -38. I don't know what this "Real Feel", "Wind Chill" and "Heat Index" stuff is all about. I think it was invented for bragging rights. Cold is cold and hot is hot - nuff said.
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
I was starting to like this global warming until this week.
-14 this morning with a Real Feel of -38. I don't know what this "Real Feel", "Wind Chill" and "Heat Index" stuff is all about. I think it was invented for bragging rights. Cold is cold and hot is hot - nuff said.

All that [bleep] is just for media sensationalism. The sheep eat that [bleep] up. I knew they had the masses when some guy emailed the news station/weatherman and asked "if it's 38 degrees and I put a glass of water on the roof of my car, how fast do I have to drive before it freezes?" eek
48 and falling fast
Don't lick any pump handles, or flag poles. laugh
-24 this morning and supposed to hit -35 tonight.
Woke up to a -5 F, Now @ -10 F with a pretty stiff breeze! I’m glad to see you Montana boys sharing your weather with us! 😂 Not a good time to go outside in cut-offs! 😉 memtb
The day is pretty much canceled here.
-25 and dropping. They canceled school and I expect they will be canceling the hockey tournament because it is too cold to skate.
Calling for -43 tonight so - 50 with wind chill.
I elected to not go ice fishing or to fly to the west coast to shoot shotgun because driving to the airport several hours away seems unwise, and I am now officially old enough to know better.
Oil is a little stiff.

Takes a full minute to load a couple bales
I'm not a fan of hydraulics below zero. Took me 10 minutes to get the tracks on the excavator moving last week, and that was after letting the machine warm up for 20 minutes. Cold is hard on equipment. I suppose we could change hydraulic oil to winter viscosity, but that seems like a big to-do.

What we need is a nice big insulated barn so we can park stuff inside!
That would be nice.

Are your fishies under cover?
Sister in law texted this morning, waiting for the car to warm up to go to work... -33 deg f.
But... she lives at 70 Mile House BC....serves her right.
Some are inside, mostly the little stuff, but the majority are still outside. Fortunately, we have so much warm spring flow that everything stays above 75 degrees, even in sub zero weather. Everything is nice and toasty..... except my toes. I dream of building a 30,000 square foot building (or two), and just change into shorts and sandals when I go to work in January!

Unfortunately, I seem to be a little short of cash until payday..... wink
Still dark here and I have yet to go outside.

And unlike Geno I plan on wearing a coat and boots today, maybe even long pants.
hey,

hey there.

be nice.

Had an out of work friend come this morning to run the snowblower on the driveway. Forecast is for up to 4" total this afternoon an tonight. If that turns out like the other day, we'll get another 8"+. And it was a good test of the machine. And my friend got a few scheckles for his work. Win/Win.

presently just above freezing with gusts to 30mph.

Haven't seen any palm trees or bikinis in our area since we moved here, doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.
Muck boots are the new winter cowboy boots.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
that's pretty cold.

and although Mr Slumlord is a might mean at times, i doubt you need to doing math for him........given his background
Sister in law texted this morning, waiting for the car to warm up to go to work... -33 deg f.
raining there yet?

just wondering when it might hit here. Getting ready for a trip to town, hope it holds off untill we get back. Enjoy the winds.
Some are inside, mostly the little stuff, but the majority are still outside. Fortunately, we have so much warm spring flow that everything stays above 75 degrees, even in sub zero weather. Everything is nice and toasty..... except my toes. I dream of building a 30,000 square foot building (or two), and just change into shorts and sandals when I go to work in January!

Unfortunately, I seem to be a little short of cash until payday..... wink

That's neat.

Is the water ever too warm?
Just glanced at the weather.

30 below here now. 50 below wind chill.

45 below (!) tonight with a 70 below (#$!&) wind chill.

Gayer'n aids.
That’s gonna be tough on livestock, are you able to get everything to shelter?
We have everything bedded and fed.
That's neat.

At the "new" farm the spring runs about 94 degrees, and on a hot July day when it doesn't cool at all some of the barramundi and catfish will wilt a little.

Tilapia don't care. There's a reason they are cheap, lol.
Have some water to drink, and flush.
A balmy 43 above and rain
"White man build big woodpile."
That's neat.

At the "new" farm the spring runs about 94 degrees, and on a hot July day when it doesn't cool at all some of the barramundi and catfish will wilt a little.

Tilapia don't care. There's a reason they are cheap, lol.

Barramundi? That's a bloody big fish!

I bought some of that recently at a fish store in Billings.

Was probably from you.
raining there yet?

just wondering when it might hit here. Getting ready for a trip to town, hope it holds off untill we get back. Enjoy the winds.

Looks like this one is veering to our south, cloudy and dry now, supposed to gust up to 40 tomorrow with periods of heavy rain, snow level at 5,000.
Strange weather this winter, very little snow, new grass is sprouting up at my shack, never before in January.
Somebody didn't bring enough clothes today and froze their ass!

Godddamn heat cable on a Ritchie waterer must have quit working and I never could get the fuucker thawed. And another one iced up but that was an easy fix. Burned the chit outta my face in that breeze, redder than a tomato.

Tomorrow I'm going full out with a heavy coat and bacaclava.
Weatherbug says we are supposed to have minus 1 on Tuesday. I sure wasn't expecting these Temps when I moved to Arkansas a little over a year ago.
It's brisk.

But you know.....45 below is a dry cold.
+10 next weekend I might fire up the woodstove
It's brisk.

But you know.....45 below is a dry cold.

Anyone that says windchill is bullchit can go fuuck themselves! God I hate that wind.
I just looked, NOAA has you guys and Havre at -45F ambient tonight!

I'm gonna stop whining right now!
Currently -10 ambient, with wind -32. Then the real fun stuff comes over the next 2 days. Reminds me why I don't care for winter.
I just looked, NOAA has you guys and Havre at -45F ambient tonight!

I'm gonna stop whining right now!

It's ridiculous!

70 below wind chill.....and a sow that's supposed to farrow any second.
Although last year around Christmas we had several days of 70 below windchill and a blizzard that dumped 3 feet of snow.

It could always be worse....
Winchester Id …. -3 now, dropping to -17 tonight.
Although last year around Christmas we had several days of 70 below windchill and a blizzard that dumped 3 feet of snow.

That was the coldest I've ever seen it. Would have been a great day for Greta to visit.

Good luck with that sow, perfect timing!

That was the coldest I've ever seen it. Would have been a great day for Greta to visit.

The wife was complaining about how expensive 4H pigs are these days.

So she decided to raise her own.

She thinks maybe they weren't so overpriced after all.
lol

I hate to laugh but good luck!
way too freaking cold in this part of the country to be having calves left and right..
raining there yet?

Looks like this one is veering to our south, cloudy and dry now, supposed to gust up to 40 tomorrow with periods of heavy rain, snow level at 5,000.
Strange weather this winter, very little snow, new grass is sprouting up at my shack, never before in January.
Interesting, no new grass sprouting here, but anything that was green before real winter hit still is green under the snow. Saw some green under some junipers, on the way to town today, where the wind had cleared the snow. Usually would be pretty well frosted brown by now. Coldest we've seen is 8F I think. Supposed to warm up into the mid 40s next week even.

Stay dry if you can.

Has she asked if she can bring the sow into the back bedroom yet?

Yes

She

Did

She got the look.

As a compromise....I told her if everything goes absolutely to hell....she could yard em into the shop.
Poor little them guys are like naked toddlers. Have to diaper em up?

Yes

She

Did

She got the look.

As a compromise....I told her if everything goes absolutely to hell....she could yard em into the shop.

I'm laughin' out loud here............fer real
Our house is starting to make the occasional noise. Back door gets hard to lock the deadbolt. Old dog took a whiz on the patio bricks, then she took a whiz in the house....lol

Our dogs are such puzzies that we have to keep track of them when we let them outside and make sure they are all back in. The oldest and youngest will start limping with cold feet and then simply curl up in the snow and start shivering to death.
Haven't had that bitter cold yet with our youngest, but at night I still make sure he gets back in. The older guy, we joke that he's not a real whippet as he actually has some hair. Loves the snow too.
I hate this weather for all the strays trying to survive.
Much nicer tonight. -17F right now but no wind at all. I loaded the stove up and should be good 'til 2 AM or so. Our dog (an Airdale) has a coat like a buffalo but she's a bit of a tenderfoot. GD
The sheep wouldn't even eat the bale I took them today.

Guard dogs don't give a shįt either.

You can try to build them a house to get out of the weather.

They just camp on top of it so they can see better.
-24 here.....-51 with the wind chill.Pure damn balmy...
I've never thought about the guard dogs shelters. Tough mofos!

Feed bunk has been licked clean the last two mornings.

Trying to put weight back on our cows and they've been getting 4-4.5lbs of 16% cake and 35 lbs of prairie hay.
We gave em 40 pounds today Sam.

They have tubs and all the straw they want.

Haven't bought any cake yet. Seem to be doing okay.

Hard to do anything but maintain right now.

Maybe you can't even do that when it's this nasty?
Barramundi? That's a bloody big fish!

I bought some of that recently at a fish store in Billings.

Was probably from you.

Yeah, they can easily go over 20 lbs. though ours get sold well under 3, and they all end up on the left coast.

Couple of dozen ended up in the canal a couple of years ago, and they are 20lb and up, now. The guys like to go out a couple of times a year with their steelhead rigs and catch one or two and fillet them out. Kinda our own high fence fishing deal, lol.

My neighbor just finished kidding 4H goats. They almost all ended up in the house getting dried and warmed up before being put back to mama. I don’t know how much 4H goats are, but it’s not enough!
It's a frigging cacophony from hell in the entry way during lambing season.
We gave em 40 pounds today Sam.

They have tubs and all the straw they want.

Haven't bought any cake yet. Seem to be doing okay.

Hard to do anything but maintain right now.

Maybe you can't even do that when it's this nasty?

That's a good plan.

We were trying to put the weight on in Nov/Dec, ain't happening now!
Gawd almighty....they just changed it to 49 below tonight with 75 below wind chill.

75 below windchill all day tomorrow.

For what ever bad thing I have done...I am sorry.

You can stop now.
Gawd almighty....they just changed it to 49 below tonight with 75 below wind chill.

75 below windchill all day tomorrow.

For what ever bad thing I have done...I am sorry.

You can stop now.
If I was nearer the town Church, and was still that sort.............................

i'd go say a Novena for you and light a votive candle. maybe even put a buck in the box
FWIW, I have never seen -50F forecast for Montana.
North Idaho..

It's been awhile since I lived down in Wyoming, but the 1st week of January, 1980 it was 50 below or lower every night for a week straight in Jackson. The coldest night was 63 below and warmed up to a balmy -37 the next day. We didn't have any electricity for 4 of those days. The wood stove was the only way we survived.
Man, I'm glad we didn't move to Montana, especially above the high-line.

You guys hang in there.
You’lls pipes ever freeze?
-30 in town. Friends on Little Popo Agie River a couple miles north of town are -47.
We only hit a -33 F this morning……..nearby weather at local airport (19 miles) is presently @ -33 , not sure what the low was, probably was a couple degrees lower than that!

Not as cool as I thought we might see. memtb
-39 here in Helena. Sounds like my SIL up the road may have frozen pipes to deal with...
34 below as I head up skiing near Donnelly idaho
currently 40 degrees and raining like hell. My wife's pool is an inch short of overflowing. The creek bed that is dry all summer is moving along pretty good with the water about waist deep. That forms a boundary between our place and one of the neighbor's.

The elk out grazing on part of our yard, and the neighbor's.. they don't seem to mind at all.

They were out yesterday, on what use to be a golf course, lounging in the pouring rain, like it was a sunny warm summer day. About 40 of them came over on my property and were grazing in the yard. Was funny watching one cow, trying to pull some palm fromes out of a palm tree in the back yard, on the inside of the fence. It would bite the frome and then was pulling on it to eat it, once it came loose. The palm tree was rocking like crazy, but it didn't deter the elk. She spend 15 minutes or more pulling on the palm leaves to eat. They were also nosing around in the area, I don't rake up the leaves on the ground Guess they were going after grubs or something. Was taking pictures of them out the windows with them 5 yds away from the house windows.

All this in a pouring rain....like it a clear summer day.
Originally Posted by murkydismal
-30 in town. Friends on Little Popo Agie River a couple miles north of town are -47.

Makes me wonder what people are dealing with in Alberta or Saskatchewan, if its that cold in Wyoming.
You MT and WY guys live in some fine country but I don't envy your weather.

I grew up in one of Virginia's coldest county's and could count on my hands the times I've seen it below 0.
-37 this morning in Montucky
Originally Posted by ingwe
-37 this morning in Montucky

yeah, I'm not planning on going anywhere today either....

ain't winter grand!
It's absolutely brutal out here right now.
6 below this morning. Fortunately, there's no wind.
Originally Posted by 160user

Don't miss leaving there for here 28 years ago.....
I was able to warm the hot line from basement to sink so it is now working but line to second floor toilet is no flow.
I wish bad things on people who run waterlines on outside walls, or near outside walls or even within sight of an outside wall.

Have the fireplace heating the living area. It was down to 59 in house this morning.

Wife really wanted to go to gym this morning so I drove and brought the car back.
Gym had bunches of people at it, I wasn’t expecting that.
I left the faucet running a liitle on the utility sink in the laundry room. Probably shut it off in a couple days.

Instructed my SIL to do the same in our rental house.

Nice and warm in the pickup right now!
10degrees with -10 windchill in SW OK. right now. Nice and toasty where I'm sitting though. Don't know how in the Hell I survived working outside in this country all those years, and hate to think I'd have to do it now.
-32 for the low in the big city. "Official" won't be that low though as it's recorded at the airport, which is 300 or so feet higher than the burgh. Up to -24 already. -40 down on the river. Luckily it's only going to be a few days. Wouldn't want to be an unsuspecting EV driver testing the cold temperature range out on the highways and byways in this.
Cold enough.
-13 this morning, chickens not even bothered yet.
Spring is right around the corner.
I left the faucet running a liitle on the utility sink in the laundry room. Probably shut it off in a couple days.

I grew up in a 10x60 tin can.

Once temps hit freezing or below sinks were left dripping and cabinet doors below sinks were left on. Normally heat tape around the supply line between the ground and bottom of the tin can.

I don't miss that one bit.
Lots of ice. laugh
Mid to upper twenties today, gonna drop to teens next week.

Shocker, just lost power. Glad I wired the house for full power even if it is a 12k portable generator. I got heat.
-35 early this morning. -25 now.
It was -37 this morning and now it is around zero and the sun is shining---w/no wind! Kind of balmy here in Columbus!

Coldest I have ever seen it here was -42 degrees----1985
Originally Posted by kennymauser
It was -37 this morning and now it is around zero and the sun is shining---w/no wind! Kind of balmy here in Columbus!

-23 here outside Three Forks
7 below, up from 17 below this morning.
65 degrees in my house.
32 degrees in my shop.
22 degrees outside.
-32 this morning, power went out as usual when it gets cold. Grabbed the generator, oil was like molasses and no way it would pull start. Put the generator inside to thaw, power came back on a hour and a half later. The house went from 68 to 61 in an hour and a half, not too bad when it’s-32 outside.

I use my small generator to run my pellet stoves, doesn’t take much power. Plus I can run the microwave off of it.

The dog still wants to go outside and play ball.
Our calves.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
🥶🥶
Originally Posted by kennymauser

Reed point was -35 to -37 this morning also. ( I like that sleepy little place, we might go there next weekend).
A little chilly here this morning (-34F) but no wind. It'll be cold tonight but should moderate a little over the next few. GD
Tried fixing a frozen cattle waterer a little bit ago... failed miserably. Think it's -55 windchill. They're going to have to eat snow tonight. Can't keep feed roads open. They're blowing back in so fast
Hero

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1746216570848952488?s=20
They pulled the t snowplows here mid afternoon.
9 degree here this afternoon when I was out for my walk with the dogs.

No kidding!

That man is truly a hero...
8 deg. and headed for 10 below tonight.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I grew up in a 10x60 tin can.

Once temps hit freezing or below sinks were left dripping and cabinet doors below sinks were left on. Normally heat tape around the supply line between the ground and bottom of the tin can.

I don't miss that one bit.

We've never had any water trouble in the 14 years we've lived here but I figure why chance it when it's record cold. The rental house we bought has water lines that run in the wall next to an unheated garage and that scares me.

Another dark til dark day of fun here!

It was cold but I had the full wardrobe on and never got chilled. -35F with -60F windchill.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
http://hp2.wright-weather.com/icons/us_chill.gif
Last night we got down to -37F, wind chill to -60F.

Yesterday the lake was steaming, this morning it was frozen over.

I went out last night about 1:00 AM to bring in some firewood, I heard geese making a racket flying by at low altitude. I'm guessing their 'flight leader' was catching some hell from the troops......"why the hell are we still in MT in January????"...lol
Anyone get mail today?
Our house this morning...

It is a dark, and stormy night.
Holy chit
Getting down to 27 here tonight.
I’m in the banana belt here in ND. Only 21 below. The winds are nasty. They claim 65 below chill. As long as I got electricity I’m comfy. Edk
15 degrees here in N TX right now. Supposed to get down to 10.

With a N wind of 21 mph. I think the wind chill is -2.
Nothing like that brutal schitt Sam has up on the Hi- Line. 😬
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Last night we got down to -37F, wind chill to -60F.

Yesterday the lake was steaming, this morning it was frozen over.

I went out last night about 1:00 AM to bring in some firewood, I heard geese making a racket flying by at low altitude. I'm guessing their 'flight leader' was catching some hell from the troops......"why the hell are we still in MT in January????"...lol
Fuuuuuuugggggg!!!!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
15 degrees here in N TX right now. Supposed to get down to 10.

With a N wind of 21 mph. I think the wind chill is -2.
Nothing like that brutal schitt Sam has up on the Hi- Line. 😬
17 here, but headed to 12. Not Montana cold, but you can still freeze your azz to death.
Our calves.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you'd feed them bastards maybe they wouldn't be freezing to death.
You poor foggers.

I'm living in a banana belt! smile
40 below now.

Stupid sow just started farrowing.
And now we sing songs around the stove....

That will be some extra special pork!
Colder than some, not as cold as others. Gonna go check ice later today. As windy as it has been it probably won't quite be good today, but tomorrow should be good to go.

-5 here in the MO Ozarks. Real feel -21… Ol’ wood furnace definitely eating through some wood.
-29 around MonDak

…….life threatening windchills as low as -60.
Plenty cold enough right here, but the big complication is 4 power outages just this week.
Minus 20 here on the IA-MO border. With a breeze of 12-23 mph it's pretty fresh.

November, December and the first week of January were about as mild/warm as I can remember. 16" of snow this week (how can they measure it when it's coming sideways?) and below zero for highs is a reminder it's January!

forecast high of minus 7 today
7* now , predicted high 10* , 11mph wind .
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Still 40 below.

Piglets won't nurse. 9 of them in front of fire now.

Wife thinks she broke her ankle just a bit ago.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Ahhh man Jim, I was wondering how the pig deal was going. Sorry to hear they won't nurse and sorry to hear about your wife's injury.
The drive back from Salt lake was chilly. Looking at the time we were an hour south of GF when I took this picture Saturday morning.

Compared to a lot of other places it’s an almost tropical 16* here. It’s been a very warm winter here so far. Up until today highs had been in the mid 30’s. Being surrounded by lakes when it’s too warm for the lakes to lock up, all of that open water tends to keeps things well above average later into winter.
6*
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Still 40 below.

Piglets won't nurse. 9 of them in front of fire now.

Wife thinks she broke her ankle just a bit ago.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

I feel for ya. That sounds like a day from hell.

I don’t normally advocate glue sniffing but if ever there were a time…

Hold into the wind and pass the Elmers.
Just a tad nippy here in central Okla. this morning.

+2°....15 mph NE wind....-15° WC.
It's -9°, and the dogs were antsy. Out we went. The doggie paws seem to be handling it so far. It's January.
37 here
4 above in Fairbanks this morning
-3 fifteen minutes ago when I took water out to the chickens
6 above here.
-12 here this morning ,windchills -38. here
0 here this morning when I got up. Looking for a high today of 7.
34 this morning
13 here right now.
I think it was down to minus 17 earlier this morning but here was the outlook at about 9:00am today.
Enjoying a nice warming trend starting here……only a -22 F this morning. memtb
37 degrees just south of Salt Lake. Rained on and off last night, not even cold enough for snow.
-8 this morning at 0600. up from -23 yesterday
-32 Yesterday, High of -15.
Continued to warm up overnight and woke up to -9
Spent 5 hours shoveling driveways Friday and 5 yesterday. Sweat so much the sweat evaporating out of my hat froze and turned it into a hard hat.

At least the sun was shining and the inversion was pushed out of the valley
33 here right now and fifties in the next few days. Relief is on the way guys!
Got down to 5 degrees last night here in N TX.
It’s warmed up to 12 here now. 😬

Local Weatherman missed the forecast low, as per usual. 🤪
9 degrees at the moment in lower Michigan. But not as bad as some of your places are.
10 below here in Iowa.
We calve outside, I like winter in winter, not mixed up.
Way up to minus 9
Another night a wood fire would feel good.
Supposed to be a winter storm here was on I81 earlier and the the sign said plan ahead 🥴
12 was the high here today. Dumbass weatherman said it was gonna be 23. 🤪
What my home town had for a road grader.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Topped out at -17F this afternoon but the breeze was minimal and it felt nice enough.

We've had two JD tractors running continuously since Friday morning. The transfer fuel tank is on my old black F350 farmer pickup and rather than battle that thing I started hauling diesel in 5 gallon jugs. Screw that plan, I'm gonna get the ol' black stallion going tomorrow!

And I've been wondering, given our minimal amount of snow(not much ground insulation....), if this frigid chit will kill the fricken' grasshopper eggs? Really cold snaps for a couple days kill what, the pine beetle? Wondering if it doesn't hurt the hoppers as well.
Can you fellas feel any difference in 0 vs -40🤷‍♂️?
Oh hell yes!

Wind is everything, damn the wind!
Oh hell yes!

Wind is everything, damn the wind!

100%... wind can make a day miserable fast.

High here ended up being -2° today. Going out fishing tomorrow; the ice is shaping up quickly, but wasn't quite ready today.

The coldest I ever seen here in Virginia was -10 and that was 30 yrs ago
Biggest difference in regards to humans(IMHO) and going from 0 down to -40 is you have to worry about your face.

When your nose and cheeks start burning a little it's past time to get out of the wind!

Good clothes are beyond important.

And 0 to -40F REALLY sucks when dealing with machinery and water!
If might freeze here tonight🤷
No rain today at least
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Can you fellas feel any difference in 0 vs -40🤷‍♂️?

Yes sir you bet! -20 with no wind isn’t too bad, below that it starts to hurt! But that’s just me! memtb
It got up to 25 below today.

Still there.
13 at 8 AM & 14 now. Lex. Ky. area.
That is a nice setup!
14 below now headed for 19 below tonight. That's bad enough.
No so bad at my house. -5 now. 2 nights ago it was -24. 1 year ago this week it was -46.

Considering it's mid January, -5 is not bad.
Got 'em to suckle? How that go?
Oops! Thought that was a photo. Watching vid now.
All that is too cold for me. I can make it in the 100 degree summers.
Went out and fired truck up and went inside while it warmed up, noticed when I went to leave no gauge was working, not the oil, not the rpm, not the temp gauge, no fuel gauge, no battery gauge, and no speedo, didn’t start working again till I fired it up to come home and all gauges were now working.

Guess it got too cold for electricity to flow.🤣
27 here in southeast Texas
Dang wind has finally settled down. I'll be working half a day, then going fishing in the afternoon.

Ya know Jim, your place was one of the cooler places I’ve had the privilege of visiting, thanks again for your hospitality 😎

On the topic of this thread, 22F this morning where I’m at, supposed to be 18 this time tomorrow. School attendance where I’m at is gonna be way low tomorrow (closed today for MLK). Most kids around here don’t have anything resembling winter clothing.
Up to -10
Minus 4 this morning. Saturday was -14. I took the dog out Saturday at 0400 and had a cup of coffee with me. The coffee froze so fast the ice was still warm. 😁
The feed wagon tractor has a flat rear, tire.
-32F here this morning. I fired up the excavator, yesterday, to clear some snowdrifts. It took quite a while for the controls to start working properly. This on the new Kubota, with electronic controls. After about 20 minutes, it was responding closer to normally. Supposed to start to warm tomorrow evening. GD
It’s snowing
Topped out at -17F this afternoon but the breeze was minimal and it felt nice enough.

We've had two JD tractors running continuously since Friday morning. The transfer fuel tank is on my old black F350 farmer pickup and rather than battle that thing I started hauling diesel in 5 gallon jugs. Screw that plan, I'm gonna get the ol' black stallion going tomorrow!

And I've been wondering, given our minimal amount of snow(not much ground insulation....), if this frigid chit will kill the fricken' grasshopper eggs? Really cold snaps for a couple days kill what, the pine beetle? Wondering if it doesn't hurt the hoppers as well.
I don't think the cold will kill off pine beetles. We had several 50 to 60 below events back in the late 70's and early 80"s. That was the same era when the pine beetles were ravaging the greater Yellowstone area. It obviously didn't bother them at all. I don't have a clue if it affect hoppers.
-3 in the "heat". of the day. a pickup just went by.
0 right now was down to -4 this morning
Jim Conrad, Looks like your next problem is going to be squashed little pigs, my Grandmother called it Squishitis.

We used our soft wool or cotton mittens to rub baby pigs when it was below zero spent many nights rubbing little pigs, yours looks like a good set up we didn't have a heater, just a pot belled wood stove, Good Luck Rio7
Sundogs.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W[img]http://[/img]arm with hot coco.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Frogsnacks!
It was completely clear almost no breeze and 1F here in NE WI. Pleasant enough to work up a sweat scraping and shoveling the driveway.
When I got to the cows with my second load this morning about half of them were not eating.

Not chewing cud either.

I thought what the hell?

Get out to cut net wrap and it felt like it was 75 degrees. No wind, sun shining.

Frigging cows were just sitting there enjoying the "heat". It was 25 below....but no wind and hot sun.

It was glorious.
Glad you guys caught a break from the wind!

It was blowing 20-30mph here today, those ol' cows were shaking their heads when they left the calm of the trees and brush out to where we could feed them.
Sam, cattle pictures?
14 Fahrenheit !!
Sam, cattle pictures?

Jeebus, did not watch his video?
Think spring! [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Well - cooled off a little here in the balmy southwest.
-6 with 10 mph wind, gusts to 17 here.
Can't wait for the daybreak dip, and winds to come up.
12 deg. here in sunny S.Texas wind out of the North a 12 mph high today should be 25 Deg. every thing is frozen this SUCKS Rio7
Single digits here this morning. Clear and calm now but 100% chance of snow again tonight.
Last day below zero in the forecast here... going out fishing again once little man is on the school bus this morning.

-8 Actual
-35 Windchill
for the 3rd time in about 9 months, my utility company has sent me a notice saying they are raising the monthly rate of my budget billing, and this is with me getting a significantly more effecient furnace 3 months ago

nothing brutal yet here - 10 degrees this morning, windchill of 01
Originally Posted by RIO7
12 deg. here in sunny S.Texas wind out of the North a 12 mph high today should be 25 Deg. every thing is frozen this SUCKS Rio7
Remind you of Colorado?
How're you doing?
Only ten below this morning.
Warned up a bit here in NE Wyoming. Only -24 here this morning.
-7 windy.
Big warm up this morning. Was -19, now - 10 degrees. Warming up so it can snow again.
-24F, windchill -43F

My wife is hauling an injured dog to Billings today for surgery. Hope the roads are okay that direction.
-24F, windchill -43F

My wife is hauling an injured dog to Billings today for surgery. Hope the roads are okay that direction.

Dang. Good luck to her.

When is your warm up coming?

We might get above zero today.
🥶🥶
minus 8 actual with 13 to 15 mph winds...
-5 here but warming up to 8. First time above 0 since the dip last Wednesday
-4 for us in central Iowa.

kwg
Only a -26 F this morning……thought it would be a little cooler as it was -22 last night a 22:00 memtb
-13 around 10:30 PM, -7 at 2 AM. when I got up at 5 this morning it was 0, it is now 3 degrees, so it looks like the nasty cold air is moving out.
-4 right now and the power’s been off for an hour. The power co. Is working on the line about a mile down the road. They have pretty good emergency service so I suspect they’ll have it running before too long
Good Morning Mark, Colorado is a hell of a lot Colder than here Normally , My water is froze this morning and I left it running last night, first time it has frozen at this house sense I built it in 2004, i'm sure it will thaw it's self out later today it's supposed to be 42 Deg. according to the local weather guesser. Rio7
Thanks Jim.

It's supposed to start warming up gradually through the weekend.
-23f this morning, but we are supposed to start an upward trend now. I'd expect we are now past the coldest days and nights. Usually by the end of the 3rd week of Jan our lowest temPs are past us. Not that Feb is warm, but it's usually better then January.
Back above 0 now, but it has gotten miserable azz windy since sunrise.
It was 4 below when I got to the farm last night, 15 now. Supposed to be above freezing by the weekend. Time for mud season……
13 degrees here this morning. Pretty cold for us. I had the wood stove rocking last night.
8 degrees on my porch this morning in Louisiana. I can’t recall any single digits here since the early 1990s.
9F with a 4mph breeze now, no complaints!
0 here in North Arkansas.
I live about 40 miles NE of Little Rock, and I have two indoor-outdoor thermometers. One said zero this morning and the other showed minus one. miles
12F, but this is Louisiana the sub tropics. Weather Underground says Juneau AK is 27F. That cannot be right.
19 this am. I sure do love my remote start, heats up the seats, steering wheel, and cab.
We are barely above latitude 30 north and only 3F degrees warmer than West Yellowstone. West Yellowstone is usually colder than most of Alaska.
12 here
13° here in south Jersey right now.
8 degrees in NW NJ this morning.
14 in south alabama this morning ...
For recent times, a pretty warm night - 16 above and 3 mph wind.
Yesterday was the first day in over a week the wind stayed below 20 - mph, but expecting 25mph today.
Then several days of winds in the 15 mph range - calm for here.
Also supposed to get up to 53 for a high - even above zero! laugh
Warmed up to 37 this morning. Maybe that will melt the snow into the soil rather than it sublimating into the air.

Might get warm enough for the bees to make poop flights.
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]
Today is the last real winter day in the forecast here, supposed to turn way warmer starting tomorrow. Ice season is gonna come to a pretty quick end just when the fishing was really starting to pick up 😐

37* here in West Central Florida. 48% humidity; lowest I've seen in four years living here.
i like that!
Plus 10 in Iowa
We here in ND are going to 21 above zero instead of 21 below zero. Smiles everywhere. Edk
15 with a stiff south wind.
Too cold to just let the dog run willy nilly outside.
mid teens with a stiff wind... enough to frost yor Nuts!... cold snap is almost over tho... warm front movin' on in... mid 30's... lol
the Pineapple Express continues.

39F this morning, rain a good portion of the night. Only one or two spots with snow hanging on down here on the flats, Snow levels above 6K' means some of our mountain snow will be gone and this is predicted to continue well into the next week.

Not only is the grass greening up, but between the grass clumps seedlings of various sorts are appearing. Just the seed leaves so far. Told my wife her late winter/early spring job getting after the burr buttercup is going to start early this year.

Worrying now about my trees and perennial garden plants. Probably bud out and then it'll freeze hard again like real winter.
© 24hourcampfire