Home
Posted By: steve4102 Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
The last time Iowa picked a winner was in 2000 with Bush. The last three caucuses were all losers , Cruz, Santorum and Huckabee .

It appears to me that Iowa is not a good indicator of the pulse of the Nation. In other words, Iowa is irrelevant, if it wasn’t the first, it would be completely ingnored.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
I would say it matters to DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Burgess, Christi and Tim Scott are out. Their campaign fizzled in Iowa. In this case the also ran's found out before spending millions and months just to find out they are not moving ahead. It's not just about the "winners".

kwg
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by kwg020
I would say it matters to DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Burgess, Christi and Tim Scott are out. Their campaign fizzled in Iowa. In this case the also ran's found out before spending millions and months just to find out they are not moving ahead. It's not just about the "winners".

kwg

Exactly.

IDGAF about Iowa, NH, SC......

They ain't crap, they don't get to decide.
They are only earlier races than most.

This BS is like sports BS.
People sitting around for 2 hours before a (supposedly) 1 hour football game,
telling other mellonheads how the game will go and who will win.
Why play the game if those nitwit know who wins?

Those early states don't pick the winner, there is no black magic that
makes their outcome become the final outcome. They are each, one of
50 states that get to weigh in. (Although it's often about over until I vote)

kwg hints at the biggest impact of the earliest rounds.
They don't choose the winner.
They most certainly do choose the earliest losers.

I love our primary system even though one gets very tired of it.
We start with a big pool, investigators, their actions, their strength, all come into play to allow us to weed them out. (Unfortunately $$ is a factor)
Instead of a snapshot, Iowa, we get a few months and multiple battles to
work it out.

Time and exposure discloseing issues with the Iowa winner
proves how well the system works, not some deficiency with the Iowa voters.

As more states go to Super Tuesday type deals, the system gets watered down.
Smaller states lose much of their influence.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
It must matter.

Its where the Democrats suppressed the actual party members by shutting everything down, committing fraud and declaring nothing until weeks later (sound familiar).

Some larger cities and more of them behind a cloak makes this easier, or else they would start in Iowa like they always have.

They didn't like who "The People" happened to select....so they moved.
Posted By: akrange Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
And Those Republicans fighting Tooth and Nail against the Fraud on America

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Their All In On It

Hahahaha Hahahaha
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Here is the real driving force in America and consequently, the world. Billionaires Yes, the Iowa caucus' and voting in general is greatly influenced by billionaires. Look at Nikki Haley. She is getting tons of cash from democRAT billionaires. Why ? Because they want to run the world in the image of China. The few wealthy folks call the shots. The rest of us are subservient. The last thing they want is a constitution, voters rights and armed subjects. The Pelosi's and Newsom's run California. The big tech companies are their co-conspirators.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/cbo-american-wealth-inequality/

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/controligarchs-seamus-bruner/1143303136

Iowa means little to them except to weed out the ones they don't want in government and feed the one they want. After Iowa and New Hampshire, just watch where the money goes. If Donald Trump does well tonight you can bet the left and powerful are going to find more charges to throw at him and more money will be spent to defeat him. Iowa begins the end for Joe Biden. The turn out numbers alone will prove that. He will not be able to compete with anyone on the republican ticket. He has to go away or their jig is up. Gavin Newsom is one of them. I believe he will be the first choice of the super wealthy.

So, in my humble opinion Iowa does mean something. The weak are culled and the super wealthy change their tactics. New Hampshire is the same way since it will probably re-enforce what happens in Iowa.

As far as I'm concerned, only 2 people running for the POTUS are the 2 who can try to put a lid on the billionaire oligarchy. I like Donald but he has so many issues facing him I am doubtful he can come anywhere close to accomplishing his goals. For me that leaves DeSantis.

kwg
Posted By: rainshot Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Everything matters.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Iowa may be the most irrelevant state in the union. Were it not for their caucus being first, most people would think it's a province.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.
Posted By: Teal Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Iowa may be the most irrelevant state in the union. Were it not for their caucus being first, most people would think it's a province.

Pheasant hunting in the 90's and early 2000's... pretty good reason to be in Iowa.

Davenport Motorcycle show/swap meet too
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.
It’s almost as if his “people” and his donors are intensionally sabotaging him in order to remove him from the future GOP pool of hopefuls .
Posted By: efw Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24

Yeah cuz food production doesn’t matter at all now that we’re so technologically advanced?
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by Teal

Pheasant hunting in the 90's and early 2000's... pretty good reason to be in Iowa.

Davenport Motorcycle show/swap meet too

Gold was a pretty good reason to be in CA in the 1850's....that changed.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Iowa is the strong hold of the Midwest, when it falls so does the rest of the plains states
Posted By: smokepole Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by efw

Yeah cuz food production doesn’t matter at all now that we’re so technologically advanced?

That's a fact. Our biggest strength is our agricultural production capacity.
Originally Posted by steve4102
It’s almost as if his “people” and his donors are intensionally sabotaging him in order to remove him from the future GOP pool of hopefuls .

His handlers had a middle aged man in a wheel chair removed from one of his events last week. The man was just sitting there minding his own business. But he had a campaign button pinned to his shirt that they didn't approve of. So they rolled him out the front door.
It makes you wonder if it was staged by Desantis' "handlers" In order to make him look bad.

https://twitter.com/WarlordDilley/status/1746739235577626950

People representing themselves as Desantis supporters have been all over Twitter being rude as hell to anyone who doesn't support Desantis.

I tend to think that they're Nikki Haley people out to give Desantis a bad image.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
To me it’s a good chance to examine the horses before the big race. Look at their teeth, check’em out, see how they run in a limited race.

Everything is useful.

DF
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by efw

I get my pork from the Carolinas and ethanol is inedible.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by efw

I get my pork from the Carolinas and ethanol is inedible.

Hahahahaha
Posted By: Calvin Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24

Seems to be doing about or better as expected.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by Calvin

Seems to be doing about or better as expected.
I will say it again. In our precinct it was DeSantis 63 and Trump 62. It's a matter of time before the Vivek and Haley voters have to make a choice. We know those numbers will change. Either way, America wins.

kwg
Posted By: duckcall Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
My precinct was Trump 79, Desantis 44, Haley 13 and Ramaswamy 12.
We were done and out the door by 7:45.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by steve4102
The last time Iowa picked a winner was in 2000 with Bush. The last three caucuses were all losers , Cruz, Santorum and Huckabee .

It appears to me that Iowa is not a good indicator of the pulse of the Nation. In other words, Iowa is irrelevant, if it wasn’t the first, it would be completely ingnored.

Trump breaks 50% in Iowa he has won the entire primary. Never been done before.

It's just that simple.
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Trump breaks 50% in Iowa he has won the entire primary. Never been done before.

It's just that simple.

Not quite John. Looks like 20 of 40 delegates.

Delegates are proportionally allocated to Presidential contenders based on the statewide vote. Each candidate receives (candidate’s statewide vote) × 40 ÷ (total statewide vote) delegates. Round fractions to the nearest whole number. If there are too few delegates allocated, the candidate nearest the rounding threshold receives the additional delegate. If too many delegates are allocated, the candidate furthest the threshold loses a delegate.

Note the "Bound Delegate" column (95% counted);

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Terryk Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search. Good to see 2020 primaries listed before 2024 results though.
Looks like President Trump received a record 51%. He won every county according to Charlie Kirk with 99% of the vote counted. Saw another report Trump lost one county. Anyway it could kill democracy letting people choose.
Originally Posted by Terryk
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search. Good to see 2020 primaries listed before 2024 results though.
Looks like President Trump received a record 51%. He won every county according to Charlie Kirk with 99% of the vote counted. Saw another report Trump lost one county. Anyway it could kill democracy letting people choose.

The only county Trump lost was Johnson County. My guess is a lot of folks changed their registration from democRAT to republican to vote for Nikki. There are more democRATs in Johnson County per square foot than any other county per square mile in most every other county in Iowa. Johnson county and Iowa County will go democRAT in the 2024 election. They love those leftist democRAT politics in those 2 counties.

https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-caucus-results-2024-republican-caucuses/46342332

kwg
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
In Iowa, if you cast a vote in the republican primary/caucus, are you required to vote republican ticket in the general? Or are you allowed to then vote for the commie in the general?
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Dimtards losing it.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
In Iowa, if you cast a vote in the republican primary/caucus, are you required to vote republican ticket in the general? Or are you allowed to then vote for the commie in the general?
If you are registered as a republican you can only vote a republican ticket at the primaries. In the caucuses you have to be registered in a party and you can only vote in that party. In the general elections you can vote for whoever you want and what ever party you want or write in a name, you will not be required to vote in the party you are registered in.

kwg
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by Terryk
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search.

All anyone had to do was to here and camp out:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-results-and-election-discussion-thread/

Links to FOUR caucus compilation sites.

And you don't have to listen to Sean Hannity or Bret Baier.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/17/24
It normally serves to thin the field down. I think it would be better if other states from different regions also had a primary at the same time.
Posted By: Rapier Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/17/24
Primaries are good for weeding out the garden. A couple indicated they are dropping out.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/17/24
Phook no!! They are just a bunch of white Christian conservatives
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/17/24
Ironically we ended up with biden/harris and they were the first ones to drop out of the cycle of dem primaries.
How did that happen when their own party didn’t want them?
Posted By: Osky Re: Does Iowa Even Matter - 01/17/24
I think it is fine holding the first in Iowa. I like seeing how the real folks see things.

Osky
© 24hourcampfire