Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.

Seems to be doing about or better as expected.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.

Seems to be doing about or better as expected.
I will say it again. In our precinct it was DeSantis 63 and Trump 62. It's a matter of time before the Vivek and Haley voters have to make a choice. We know those numbers will change. Either way, America wins.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
My precinct was Trump 79, Desantis 44, Haley 13 and Ramaswamy 12.
We were done and out the door by 7:45.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
The last time Iowa picked a winner was in 2000 with Bush. The last three caucuses were all losers , Cruz, Santorum and Huckabee .

It appears to me that Iowa is not a good indicator of the pulse of the Nation. In other words, Iowa is irrelevant, if it wasn’t the first, it would be completely ingnored.

Trump breaks 50% in Iowa he has won the entire primary. Never been done before.

It's just that simple.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Trump breaks 50% in Iowa he has won the entire primary. Never been done before.

It's just that simple.

Not quite John. Looks like 20 of 40 delegates.

Delegates are proportionally allocated to Presidential contenders based on the statewide vote. Each candidate receives (candidate’s statewide vote) × 40 ÷ (total statewide vote) delegates. Round fractions to the nearest whole number. If there are too few delegates allocated, the candidate nearest the rounding threshold receives the additional delegate. If too many delegates are allocated, the candidate furthest the threshold loses a delegate.

Note the "Bound Delegate" column (95% counted);

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search. Good to see 2020 primaries listed before 2024 results though.
Looks like President Trump received a record 51%. He won every county according to Charlie Kirk with 99% of the vote counted. Saw another report Trump lost one county. Anyway it could kill democracy letting people choose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search. Good to see 2020 primaries listed before 2024 results though.
Looks like President Trump received a record 51%. He won every county according to Charlie Kirk with 99% of the vote counted. Saw another report Trump lost one county. Anyway it could kill democracy letting people choose.

The only county Trump lost was Johnson County. My guess is a lot of folks changed their registration from democRAT to republican to vote for Nikki. There are more democRATs in Johnson County per square foot than any other county per square mile in most every other county in Iowa. Johnson county and Iowa County will go democRAT in the 2024 election. They love those leftist democRAT politics in those 2 counties.

https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-caucus-results-2024-republican-caucuses/46342332

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 01/16/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
In Iowa, if you cast a vote in the republican primary/caucus, are you required to vote republican ticket in the general? Or are you allowed to then vote for the commie in the general?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dimtards losing it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
In Iowa, if you cast a vote in the republican primary/caucus, are you required to vote republican ticket in the general? Or are you allowed to then vote for the commie in the general?
If you are registered as a republican you can only vote a republican ticket at the primaries. In the caucuses you have to be registered in a party and you can only vote in that party. In the general elections you can vote for whoever you want and what ever party you want or write in a name, you will not be required to vote in the party you are registered in.

kwg

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Terryk
Funny but the results looked hard to find. Seemed like it is suppressed on a search.

All anyone had to do was to here and camp out:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-results-and-election-discussion-thread/

Links to FOUR caucus compilation sites.

And you don't have to listen to Sean Hannity or Bret Baier.

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/16/24.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It normally serves to thin the field down. I think it would be better if other states from different regions also had a primary at the same time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Primaries are good for weeding out the garden. A couple indicated they are dropping out.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Phook no!! They are just a bunch of white Christian conservatives

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ironically we ended up with biden/harris and they were the first ones to drop out of the cycle of dem primaries.
How did that happen when their own party didn’t want them?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think it is fine holding the first in Iowa. I like seeing how the real folks see things.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 32 invisible), 1,874 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.