Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The last time Iowa picked a winner was in 2000 with Bush. The last three caucuses were all losers , Cruz, Santorum and Huckabee .

It appears to me that Iowa is not a good indicator of the pulse of the Nation. In other words, Iowa is irrelevant, if it wasn’t the first, it would be completely ingnored.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would say it matters to DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Burgess, Christi and Tim Scott are out. Their campaign fizzled in Iowa. In this case the also ran's found out before spending millions and months just to find out they are not moving ahead. It's not just about the "winners".

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 01/15/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
I would say it matters to DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Burgess, Christi and Tim Scott are out. Their campaign fizzled in Iowa. In this case the also ran's found out before spending millions and months just to find out they are not moving ahead. It's not just about the "winners".

kwg

Exactly.

IDGAF about Iowa, NH, SC......

They ain't crap, they don't get to decide.
They are only earlier races than most.

This BS is like sports BS.
People sitting around for 2 hours before a (supposedly) 1 hour football game,
telling other mellonheads how the game will go and who will win.
Why play the game if those nitwit know who wins?

Those early states don't pick the winner, there is no black magic that
makes their outcome become the final outcome. They are each, one of
50 states that get to weigh in. (Although it's often about over until I vote)

kwg hints at the biggest impact of the earliest rounds.
They don't choose the winner.
They most certainly do choose the earliest losers.

I love our primary system even though one gets very tired of it.
We start with a big pool, investigators, their actions, their strength, all come into play to allow us to weed them out. (Unfortunately $$ is a factor)
Instead of a snapshot, Iowa, we get a few months and multiple battles to
work it out.

Time and exposure discloseing issues with the Iowa winner
proves how well the system works, not some deficiency with the Iowa voters.

As more states go to Super Tuesday type deals, the system gets watered down.
Smaller states lose much of their influence.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
It must matter.

Its where the Democrats suppressed the actual party members by shutting everything down, committing fraud and declaring nothing until weeks later (sound familiar).

Some larger cities and more of them behind a cloak makes this easier, or else they would start in Iowa like they always have.

They didn't like who "The People" happened to select....so they moved.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
And Those Republicans fighting Tooth and Nail against the Fraud on America

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Their All In On It

Hahahaha Hahahaha

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the real driving force in America and consequently, the world. Billionaires Yes, the Iowa caucus' and voting in general is greatly influenced by billionaires. Look at Nikki Haley. She is getting tons of cash from democRAT billionaires. Why ? Because they want to run the world in the image of China. The few wealthy folks call the shots. The rest of us are subservient. The last thing they want is a constitution, voters rights and armed subjects. The Pelosi's and Newsom's run California. The big tech companies are their co-conspirators.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/cbo-american-wealth-inequality/

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/controligarchs-seamus-bruner/1143303136

Iowa means little to them except to weed out the ones they don't want in government and feed the one they want. After Iowa and New Hampshire, just watch where the money goes. If Donald Trump does well tonight you can bet the left and powerful are going to find more charges to throw at him and more money will be spent to defeat him. Iowa begins the end for Joe Biden. The turn out numbers alone will prove that. He will not be able to compete with anyone on the republican ticket. He has to go away or their jig is up. Gavin Newsom is one of them. I believe he will be the first choice of the super wealthy.

So, in my humble opinion Iowa does mean something. The weak are culled and the super wealthy change their tactics. New Hampshire is the same way since it will probably re-enforce what happens in Iowa.

As far as I'm concerned, only 2 people running for the POTUS are the 2 who can try to put a lid on the billionaire oligarchy. I like Donald but he has so many issues facing him I am doubtful he can come anywhere close to accomplishing his goals. For me that leaves DeSantis.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Everything matters.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Iowa may be the most irrelevant state in the union. Were it not for their caucus being first, most people would think it's a province.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Iowa may be the most irrelevant state in the union. Were it not for their caucus being first, most people would think it's a province.

Pheasant hunting in the 90's and early 2000's... pretty good reason to be in Iowa.

Davenport Motorcycle show/swap meet too

Me

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Desantis is going to grossly underperform,...in large part because of the idiots in charge of his campaign. Clowns are running his show.
It’s almost as if his “people” and his donors are intensionally sabotaging him in order to remove him from the future GOP pool of hopefuls .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Yeah cuz food production doesn’t matter at all now that we’re so technologically advanced?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal

Pheasant hunting in the 90's and early 2000's... pretty good reason to be in Iowa.

Davenport Motorcycle show/swap meet too

Gold was a pretty good reason to be in CA in the 1850's....that changed.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Iowa is the strong hold of the Midwest, when it falls so does the rest of the plains states

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by efw

Yeah cuz food production doesn’t matter at all now that we’re so technologically advanced?

That's a fact. Our biggest strength is our agricultural production capacity.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It’s almost as if his “people” and his donors are intensionally sabotaging him in order to remove him from the future GOP pool of hopefuls .

His handlers had a middle aged man in a wheel chair removed from one of his events last week. The man was just sitting there minding his own business. But he had a campaign button pinned to his shirt that they didn't approve of. So they rolled him out the front door.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It makes you wonder if it was staged by Desantis' "handlers" In order to make him look bad.

https://twitter.com/WarlordDilley/status/1746739235577626950

People representing themselves as Desantis supporters have been all over Twitter being rude as hell to anyone who doesn't support Desantis.

I tend to think that they're Nikki Haley people out to give Desantis a bad image.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
To me it’s a good chance to examine the horses before the big race. Look at their teeth, check’em out, see how they run in a limited race.

Everything is useful.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

I get my pork from the Carolinas and ethanol is inedible.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by efw

I get my pork from the Carolinas and ethanol is inedible.

Hahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,292
Posts18,525,764
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.