Home
Posted By: Bristoe K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/17/24
https://twitter.com/KatTheHammer1/status/1747675671759892539
Posted By: RAS Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/17/24
Good boy.

We worked with dogs a lot overseas. One of the savages shot our dog and we flew him to Bagram where the veterinarian saved him. Can’t say the same for the savage.
I wonder if that burger helped get the groid taste out of the mutt's mouth? Probably had to lick his butthole for a while to finish the job!
Posted By: Osky Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/17/24
My last hunting dog loved me peeling and feeding him oranges after a tough day afield.

Osky
My Brittanies would get a McDonald’s cheeseburger on the way home from the vets
Could hear his tail thumping the whole time grin
Sounded like the dog earned his burger.
Posted By: ingwe Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

We worked with dogs a lot overseas. One of the savages shot our dog and we flew him to Bagram where the veterinarian saved him. Can’t say the same for the savage.

Good on you. I'm a K9 guy, and a meme circulating lately kinda implies you are a bad person if you value your dogs life over that of a human.

Call me a bad person...thats an easy peasy slam dunk choice for me.
I'm a bad guy as well smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Good on you. I'm a K9 guy, and a meme circulating lately kinda implies you are a bad person if you value your dogs life over that of a human.

Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Originally Posted by EQFD193
I'm a bad guy as well smile

Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Me Three!
Posted By: BLG Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Sorry for bringing this up Poohba, but I love shepherds, and Rommel was one of the most beautiful sables I’ve seen.
Work won’t allow me to devote the time needed for another GS, but it will be the second thing I do when I retire.

Clyde
Onions are toxic to dogs and McDs fries are toxic to everything.
when you don't feed the damn thing for 3 days he will eat Brussel sprouts and turnip greens. the cop needs to go without food for a week to see what it's like.
one day in high school my buddy and I came home from the ivestock auction with 2 jersey calves in the back seat of his jeep, we thought they were hungry so we got them mcdonads cheeseburgers
Originally Posted by strikeu
when you don't feed the damn thing for 3 days he will eat Brussel sprouts and turnip greens. the cop needs to go without food for a week to see what it's like.

were you born retarded?
Originally Posted by strikeu

Uhhhhhh...what?
I am pretty sure that guy is an officer for Washington County here in Oregon. My S-I-L works in that department and he posts goofy videos of him feeding that dog all the time. Folks eat them up!
Sorry, duplicate post!
Posted By: ingwe Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/18/24
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Sorry for bringing this up Poohba, but I love shepherds, and Rommel was one of the most beautiful sables I’ve seen.
Work won’t allow me to devote the time needed for another GS, but it will be the second thing I do when I retire.

Clyde

Well I'm retired and the replacement dog for Rommel is a Border Collie,needs a lot of time devoted to her, but is a lot more portable and has a pretty good "off" switch, as did Rommel. I miss the old boy, for sure, you always just plain feel better to have a GSD between you and things that go bump in the night.
Originally Posted by Robb10238
I am pretty sure that guy is an officer for Washington County here in Oregon. My S-I-L works in that department and he posts goofy videos of him feeding that dog all the time. Folks eat them up!

I don't think it's the eating that makes them interesting. They're interesting because they show the relationship that's developed between the man and his dog.
That was cool, I used to stop by the Iceburg and get my chessy a cheeseburger after a good day in the field. Best bird dog I ever owned.
Impossible to not love a good dog.

Mine was really hard to figure out (except when I did, it made so much sense) and develop trust with, but he and I both came to terms. I love him to death and can't doubt he feels the same way.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Onions are toxic to dogs and McDs fries are toxic to everything.

I'm trying to remember but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it wasn't good to feed potatoes to dogs.
PJ
Posted By: las Re: K9 and handler sharing lunch - 01/18/24
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Mine was really hard to figure out (except when I did, it made so much sense) and develop trust with, but he and I both came to terms. I love him to death and can't doubt he feels the same way.

Embarrassing ain't it? BTDT.

Ir's not the dog figuring you out... it has you cold from the start, pretty much.

We are sometimes hard to domesticate. smile
You should always wash your hands after touching a dog , but eating off the same plate can give you worms. Sometimes they get heartworms that probably get into your heart and eat it. They also lick their balls and ass all the time , as you know.
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

Really depends on the “human”.

The goofiest thing in the video was his hairdo, the poor dog was probably embarrassed to be seen with him.
Originally Posted by smokepole

The goofiest thing in the video was his hairdo, the poor dog was probably embarrassed to be seen with him.

Oh... I thought that having his last name tattoo'd on his fingers was the goofiest.
Originally Posted by Malcolm
You should always wash your hands after touching a dog , but eating off the same plate can give you worms. Sometimes they get heartworms that probably get into your heart and eat it. They also lick their balls and ass all the time , as you know.

Our Boxer gets the occasional burger, some ice cream.
12 years old, arthritic hips, he get treats more often lately.🙁🙁

But we don't share food!

I'm not squeamish, but the pickle was a bit nasty.
He considered licking his fingers when the dog was done.
We always shared chicken gizzards one for you one for me. Someone told me you can tell all you need to know about a person by how they treat their dog absolutely true.
I share my margarita with my lab. I figure it's strong enough to kill both our germs.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I share my margarita with my lab. I figure it's strong enough to kill both our germs.
You’re a good dude !
I wrecked Rowdy's live with table scraps. Lilly Anne gets only dry dog food.
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by smokepole

Oh... I thought that having his last name tattoo'd on his fingers was the goofiest.

Giving the dog a burger was probably the only way he could get the dog to come out of the crate and be seen together.
Originally Posted by RAS
Good boy.

yup slam dunk period. Dogs live and eat with us. No other way.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

But we don't share food!

Well yeah, you are squeamish.
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Embarrassing ain't it? BTDT.

Ir's not the dog figuring you out... it has you cold from the start, pretty much.

We are sometimes hard to domesticate. smile

Somewhat embarrassing...yeah. For the reward, worth every moment!

He actually did not have me figured out at all, he was operating on assumptions and I had to unravel all that and demonstrate to him that his assumptions about me were wrong. But first, I had to discard my own assumptions about him (and that IS a step toward domesticating one's own self!). Once that pathway and pattern was established and the work began the rewards started rolling in.
K9s.....what waste of resources. It's a grift.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I wrecked Rowdy's live with table scraps. Lilly Anne gets only dry dog food.

Not shocking at all.
Hurt my dog and I'll have John Wick hold my beer.......
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Can’t be any worse than your being hired.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
No kidding. Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs. Its worked really well for us.

as to the Wick comment, no chit. IF there is anything left after the wife finishes with you, I'll mop up.
I've always liked dogs. But I find that the older I get the more I appreciate dogs. I've got my Lab and the neighbor lady brought home a stray pup she found on the side of the road. It's grown into a dog that's built like a tall Boxer with the head of a Pitt,..very muscular and athletic.

He's decided that I'm his buddy and tries to climb over the fence every time I'm out back. A couple of times he's seen me out in the yard and escaped their yard to come visit me.

He's high energy and kind of excitable, but he has a very happy, good natured demeanor,...always wagging his tail while flashing a big doggy smile.

I'm glad he has such a nice disposition. That dog could tear somebody up quick if he wanted to.

Even though he's good natured, I'd guess that it would be a very bad idea for somebody to mistreat his "mama" while he was around.
Like many, I prefer dogs over most humans. One point on the video, my vet told me to never feed McDonalds fries to a dog. I believe it had something to do with their kidneys or some other organ. Hopefully a vet can chime in with the facts.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

But we don't share food!

Well yeah, you are squeamish.

If not wanting a pickle the dog licked is the measure,
I am!

Wouldn't lick his pecker either, but I'd bet he had recently.
My Lab gets fed high quality kibble. I also buy Walmart house brand sardines in water to add to his kibble to add to the protein in his diet without adding a lot of calories.

Walmart's house brand sardines are actually very good. A tin of them cost $1.07. I usually buy a dozen tins at a time. My Lab eats some, I eat some.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Mike_S
No kidding. Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs. Its worked really well for us.

as to the Wick comment, no chit. IF there is anything left after the wife finishes with you, I'll mop up.

I like dogs you dumb f uck. I have three bird dogs at the moment. I just don't like police k9's because I have almost 12yrs if experience working around them. And dam well know how much of a waste of resources they are.

They are a complete resource suck. Man power, time, money, etc.
© 24hourcampfire