Home
I keep them in the top tray in my 'fridge door. My parents grew up in the Depression and I can't toss out good food. Heinz and In-N-Out Burgers.
Wife keeps a sandwich bag of condiment packs in the fridge, mostly soy sauce that comes with take out sushi.
She also bought a gallon jug of soy sauce at Costco that will last years so no idea why she thinks we need the packets too.
Fuqk that I keep several gallons on hand
Mainly the Whataburger ketchup packs
In heinz sight, it's probably a good idea.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Booo!!!
Guilty. My wife had some hard times growing up, and nothing goes to waste. I have to sneak and weed out the older ones from time to time.
A papa tomato, a mama tomato, and a baby tomato are walking down the street.
The baby tomato falls behind.

The papa tomato turns around, walks over to the baby tomato, SMASHES him,
and says KETCHUP!
When Bidenomics phase II kicks in, those sauce packets will look like ribeyes.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I keep them in the top tray in my 'fridge door. My parents grew up in the Depression and I can't toss out good food. Heinz and In-N-Out Burgers.

Catsup packet soup....
I wouldn't call it hoarding. But if I have extra's I don't trash them. I'll stick them in the fridge and use them instead of what's in the bottle next time. Never more than a few at a time in the house.
Figured this was gonna be a picture of ole Slummy at Chick-fil-A. 😜
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Wife keeps a sandwich bag of condiment packs in the fridge, mostly soy sauce that comes with take out sushi.
She also bought a gallon jug of soy sauce at Costco that will last years so no idea why she thinks we need the packets too.

The packets are most likely (((soy sauce))), but I hope the jug you got at Costco was Kikkoman.
I save them for a while, but usually toss them later as they typically lack an expiration date. I never remember how old they are. Terrible shame with Arby’s Spicy Three Pepper Sauce. That stuff is the best!
Wife keeps a fist full of a Soy she likes. I never did anything like that until I found Texas Pete in packets. So, there's a dozen of those in the truck.
Keep'em so the grandkids can take them on camping trips . Helps doctor up some of the the bland freeze dried junk
Nope.
The wife hoards those coffee creamers.
Sandwich shop in town has Tapatio packets….. I always grab some to keep in my lunch box,etc.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Wife keeps a fist full of a Soy she likes. I never did anything like that until I found Texas Pete in packets. So, there's a dozen of those in the truck.

Both my vehicles have bottles of Tabasco
Nothing worse than good no to a restaurant ordering something that mates with Tabasco and they have xxxx

I walk out and grab a bottle or some places I know they don’t have it I bring it in

Hank
Yeah allways pretty good selection in my trucks, renewed and packed for use as needed. Allways have a zip lock bag with a-z condiments for any cooler I take also for my travel trailer. No real surprise a little inovativeness can enhance the worst rations. But then I reload ctr fire ammo too, to get what I want and heaven forbid shotshell ammo. Seems like the more money you have the harder it is to bend your mind back to basics. Lol.mb
When I was 5 my dad left and my mom was severely depressed. I still can't look at a ketchup packet without remembering making tomato soup from a few of them and some hot water after all the other food was gone.

Bb
TX Pete hot sauce and kraft mayo ( seems that what fast food has… no blue plate packets..)

My desk drawer at work is an eclectic mix of goodies…

Few can of vinny sausages, $1 DG tuna pack, sardines, forks, spoons, tonys seasoning's, etc…

Never know….
I'm cheap. I save them for hunting trips and Boundary Waters canoe trips. Arby's horseradish sauce or taco sauce can help to spruce up a meal in the backcountry.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
When I was 5 my dad left and my mom was severely depressed. I still can't look at a ketchup packet without remembering making tomato soup from a few of them and some hot water after all the other food was gone.

Bb
I’ve been there too. Mine from a partnership who was a con artist. I would be interested hearing your story. A friend who is no longer alive told me “ it’s called Life “
Originally Posted by stikshooter
Mainly the Whataburger ketchup packs
Whataburger picante sauce... Good stuff!
Yup. Ziplock bags full of them in the truck.
I really like to eat and don't have time to deal with those tiny packages. Lately, I've been considering packing my own bottles into fast food joints when on the road.
'
You guys ever check the expiration dates? [Linked Image from crater-outdoors.net]
For a long while, I stockpiled Popeye's Cajun Sparkle packets. That stuff was fantastic.

You take 1 packet of Cajun Sparkle, and mix it into a 1 can of potted meat, and serve on saltines. Yum!

I have a drawer next to my recliner where I watch TV. That's where I keep the remotes. I tend to throw sauce packets in that drawer. I just dumped out the drawer and carefully put back only the bare minimum. I do that every 5 years or so.
We buy individual condiment paks from minimus.biz as they’ll send any odd quantity. They have a huge variety which helps us pack for trips.

As mentioned above, the usual lack of a printed expiration date means most of my restaurant paks usually end up in the trash.
Always have an assortment of them in my MRE stash. If there's any food that needs a boost, it's an MRE.

On the other hand, there's nothing like an MRE for a hot meal aboard the boat when fishing all day.
We were sending care packages to Marines and always included various packets of ketchup, Taco Bell hot sauce, and soy sauce. Received a few letters back from them and they always mentioned the condiments. Hope it helped the MRE palatability.
I stash some thinking I’ll put them in the camper or stick some in the food bag for back packing.

They all end up getting tossed.

Bb
That’s a tough memory
One no one should have
Hank
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Chik-fil-a is THE best condiment stand to raid. My bags are teeming when I leave. Tex pete, ketchup dippers, 3 kinds of mayo, plasti-cutlery, even have honey and whipped butter,

Hit em up before a camp out or Appalachian Trail odyssey. Can also just fill up your door pockets, if youre 79 years old and still drive a Grenada. Don’t the rain hit them salt packs, roll them windows up.
Jelly

Bb

Dang man

That hits more than the Daily Campfire Dead Dog Thread.

😭😢
One of the drawers in the fridge is dedicated just for them! Lol!
I usta! Don't no more!

Had an opportunity at a midmorning hunt. Stopped at the local "Hop 'n Sack" and grabbed a couple of corndogs..
I'm flying down the road, chewed the end off a mustard pack, squirted on the corn dog. Noticed I got mustard on my hand too! 😖

Got to camp and was tossing out the "snack trash" and ended up with another hand full of mustard. That's when I noticed that one of the packets I had chewed the corner off, ALSO had a corner chewed off by a "rodent"! 😟
My wife and I didn't have much growing up luckily both my grandparents had a farms but we worked for our food my wife the same way....I have done good for myself and will not take what I cannot use not hoarding....my wife if its free she will be filling her large purse....
Who was it that felt that the amount of ketchup contained in one of those packets is actually of any use by itself?
In a college town in which we often "fast food" they don't put the packets out where they can be grabbed by the handful - must come from experience. They will give you a nice-sized bunch if you ask for them.
We keep them and say let’s take them to the lake house and we get to the lake house and we have bags of them.

We ran out of ketchup a while back, wife was making meat loaf. We just grabbed a handful of ketchup packs and made a meat loaf lol.
I see no need in taking something that does not belong to me. With that said, I can’t say I’ve ever laid eyes on one of these so called ketchup packets.
Nope, don't need any more clutter.
Gonehuntin: Not me but I do hoard "Chinese hot mustard" packets when I travel to distant cities - as there are NO Terriyaki or credible Chinese restaurants with 200 miles of me in any direction!
Let alone Chinese Hot Mustard for sale anywhere close.
Credible. original and palatable Chinese food/restaurants is about the ONLY thing I miss from my former haunts out seattle, taxington's Chinatown way.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I wonder what the shelf life on "sauce packets" is?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gonehuntin: Not me but I do hoard "Chinese hot mustard" packets when I travel to distant cities - as there are NO Terriyaki or credible Chinese restaurants with 200 miles of me in any direction!
Let alone Chinese Hot Mustard for sale anywhere close.
Credible. original and palatable Chinese food/restaurants is about the ONLY thing I miss from my former haunts out seattle, taxington's Chinatown way.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I wonder what the shelf life on "sauce packets" is?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ModelT
I see no need in taking something that does not belong to me. With that said, I can’t say I’ve ever laid eyes on one of these so called ketchup packets.

"Let them eat cake." (I know.)
Burger King zesty sauce and Taco Bell fire sauce for me!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Chik-fil-a is THE best condiment stand to raid. My bags are teeming when I leave. Tex pete, ketchup dippers, 3 kinds of mayo, plasti-cutlery, even have honey and whipped butter,

Hit em up before a camp out or Appalachian Trail odyssey. Can also just fill up your door pockets, if youre 79 years old and still drive a Grenada. Don’t the rain hit them salt packs, roll them windows up.

No wonder it’s so expensive to eat at Chic-fil-a!
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Very Krafty.
Need to stock up on some hot sauce packets. The hot sauce at work sucks, and if you leave a bottle in the fridge, the freeloaders empty it in a few days.
I had no idea this was a thing.
I went to a friends house awhile back and he has a drawer in his kitchen that over packed with condiment packets. Of course when you are looking for a certain favor you can never find it.
^^^^ So true. The only things we hoard is the hot mustard from Chinese carry out.
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Need to stock up on some hot sauce packets. The hot sauce at work sucks, and if you leave a bottle in the fridge, the freeloaders empty it in a few days.

Take an empty Tabasco bottle and refill it with the hottest Carolina Reaper sauce you can find- - - - -then leave that one in the community fridge. The freeloaders will get a surprise. "Once burned- - - -twice shy!"
Buy whatever you want here.

https://www.minimus.biz/condiments.aspx
I would say I hoard them but I keep a ziplok bag with a few around in my EDC pack . A mixed bag of mayo, ketchup, mustard , hot sauce , soy and bbq and horseradish sauce from arbys. Saved me suffering a dry sandwich a few times. I keep a few plastic spoons and forks in there as well.
I’m not in the Gas station shoving them in my pockets like a common thief. All are leftover from bags of fast food or takeout I collected up.
TR, that minimus site is amazing. Thanks!
My wife does. after a few days I pitch them.
I have to admit we do.
Packets of ketchup, Frank's, and the hot mustard from McD's are usually found in my cupboard. I hate to throw unexpired food out.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
TR, that minimus site is amazing. Thanks!

You bet. We have a ziploc bag of condiments off there we used when we travel or camp. Takes things up a another notch.
© 24hourcampfire