Home
Posted By: bufaf Wayne owes the NRA $5 million - 02/24/24
Hope they collect every penny.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nr...ormer-ceo-wayne-lapierre-violated-duties
Posted By: DHN Re: Wayne owes the NRA $5 million - 02/24/24
$4.35 million; not nearly enough.
The NRA was complict you foookin twats...
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
No [bleep], Sherlock. The BOD needs to be held accountable; doesn't mean WLP shouldn't have to pay more.
WLP skimmed some money off the top and the whole voting for the board is a scam. The NRA still did more good than bad. If they hadn’t James wouldn’t have targeted the NRA.

If a conservative went after the head of Planned Parenthood for skimming some donations in the same way that James went after WLP the left would be screaming bloody murder and literally starting riots in streets and burning cities.

For better or for worse the left is tribal and in it for the cause in ways that the right doesn’t understand and isn’t willing to engage.
Originally Posted by DHN
No [bleep], Sherlock. The BOD needs to be held accountable; doesn't mean WLP shouldn't have to pay more.

ROFL, don't get soo emotional ya fookin nancy. You were embezzled out of your money, so don't attack me for speaking the Truth. Send them another check and tell them you want to impeach their BoD. ROFL +P+
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
If a conservative went after the head of Planned Parenthood for skimming some donations in the same way that James went after WLP the left would be screaming bloody murder and literally starting riots in streets and burning cities.

No love for Wayne here
But that was my first thought also
She is targeting no question

Hank
The scumbag can pay it out of petty cash.
Originally Posted by DHN

ROFL, don't get soo emotional ya fookin nancy. You were embezzled out of your money, so don't attack me for speaking the Truth. Send them another check and tell them you want to impeach their BoD. ROFL +P+
So do as you say, not as you do? You are the one who started the name calling crap, don't be such "an emotional fookin Nancy" yourself. I haven't sent them money for years, and we're in agreement the money was embezzled. Why did you make a personal attack on people who were not disagreeing with you, or even being disagreeable? Put the bottle away.
"A Manhattan jury found three top executives of the National Rifle Association liable Friday in a lengthy civil trial that focused on alleged corruption and the misspending of millions of dollars.

Longtime NRA leader Wayne LaPierre, a key architect in the nonprofit's hardline gun rights agenda who stepped down as CEO last month, was central to the case brought by New York state Attorney General Letitia James.

After a six week trial and a week of deliberations, a jurors found that LaPierre "violated his statutory obligation to discharge the duties of his position in good faith."

I don't have any love for WLP, but before anyone has orgasmic glee seeing him go down, realize what this is all about: State of New York VS. 2nd Amedment.

The Left has a never ending commitment to kill the 2nd. They have weaponized the courts (see Trump). This is a civil suit brought by the State of New York, not criminal. Note that they brough suit in a Manhattan court, the most anti-gun place in America.

Rather than celebrate, maybe you some of you should see this as a scary precedent. Once the NRA goes down, there is no group powerful enough to fight the anti gunners. The Left knows it.

"Although it was not a matter before the jury, the NRA effectively demonstrated that the NYAG’s lawsuit was motivated by political animus. As a candidate for NYAG in summer 2018, Letitia James called the NRA a “terrorist organization” and “criminal enterprise.” She vowed to pursue the NRA if elected, and quickly did so upon taking office in 2019."

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/nra-responds-to-new-york-trial-verdict/
The NRA response made me wonder if Alice had left Wonderland for Fairfax. The spin was remarkable.
Already posted 3 hours ago.
Originally Posted by DHN
Originally Posted by DHN

So do as you say, not as you do? You are the one who started the name calling crap, don't be such "an emotional fookin Nancy" yourself. I haven't sent them money for years, and we're in agreement the money was embezzled. Why did you make a personal attack on people who were not disagreeing with you, or even being disagreeable? Put the bottle away.

Well, I guess you missed out on the bonding aspect of young males using inflammatory language in order to bond over disagreeable situations. The fact that you took offense to the simple slang exacerbates your sensitive nature. I will put my bottle down when I want because this is still a somewhat free C(_)NTRY, so take care now.
Does this mean next months Riflemen magazine will have more or less advertisements and coincidental articles about the same gun I can’t afford? Have they ever gave an actual unbiased opinion on a new gun?
I suspect he can write a check that will clear in minutes.

I did not hear of any attacks on 2nd amendment issues. The focus was on misuse of funds and position within a tax-exempt organization. Most 501(c)(3)'s are nickel/dime deals. The NRA is not, however, in that league, and abuses were obvious.
Originally Posted by hatari
"A Manhattan jury found three top executives of the National Rifle Association liable Friday in a lengthy civil trial that focused on alleged corruption and the misspending of millions of dollars.

Longtime NRA leader Wayne LaPierre, a key architect in the nonprofit's hardline gun rights agenda who stepped down as CEO last month, was central to the case brought by New York state Attorney General Letitia James.

After a six week trial and a week of deliberations, a jurors found that LaPierre "violated his statutory obligation to discharge the duties of his position in good faith."

I don't have any love for WLP, but before anyone has orgasmic glee seeing him go down, realize what this is all about: State of New York VS. 2nd Amedment.

The Left has a never ending commitment to kill the 2nd. They have weaponized the courts (see Trump). This is a civil suit brought by the State of New York, not criminal. Note that they brough suit in a Manhattan court, the most anti-gun place in America.

Rather than celebrate, maybe you some of you should see this as a scary precedent. Once the NRA goes down, there is no group powerful enough to fight the anti gunners. The Left knows it.

"Although it was not a matter before the jury, the NRA effectively demonstrated that the NYAG’s lawsuit was motivated by political animus. As a candidate for NYAG in summer 2018, Letitia James called the NRA a “terrorist organization” and “criminal enterprise.” She vowed to pursue the NRA if elected, and quickly did so upon taking office in 2019."

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/nra-responds-to-new-york-trial-verdict/

No this is about NRA leadership betraying the NRA members and abusive over indulgence
James did us a favor, WLP the money grabber is gone, that is what everybody wanted right? Next, the people who concealed a large number of the payments to the auditors need to go next, then we need new auditors, how did they miss all those large expenses. Then incorporate in Texas, Wyoming or Tennessee and hire a small group of people to run the NRA!
[Linked Image from accurateshooter.net]
I am Patron member Daughter and Son in Law Life Members

I always planned on making my Grandson a life member as soon as he was born but they have not been doing chit
I know a lot of people don’t care but bump stock and brace they laid down I do care

Other groups did so much more
It’s still good they are the ones everyone is after and the GOA and others are getting stuff done

Recently a friend said she joined Lifetime and after asked what do I get well a cool jacket and I said nothing negative but struggled for too much positive

Hank
Originally Posted by hatari

Was this trial politically motivated? Yes.
Was LaPierre guilty? Yes.

The two things don't have to be exclusive.

Fortunately, the judge saw through James' motion to disband the NRA as the First Amendment violation and abuse of power that it was and denied it. Once that was out of the way, prosecuting a charity committing financial abuse was well within James' authority.
Been a Life Member since 1968, haven't given the NRA a cent since then, the magazines aren't worth the cost of the paper they're printed on. WLP was the worst leader, I hope the repayment effort is successful but I have my doubts.
Didn't I read that the Board gave him something like a $17 million retirement gift? If so, the $5 million fine won't exactly cripple his future.

The entire Board is corrupt.
Originally Posted by natman
Was this trial politically motivated? Yes.
Was LaPierre guilty? Yes.

The two things don't have to be exclusive.

Fortunately, the judge saw through James' motion to disband the NRA as the First Amendment violation and abuse of power that it was and denied it. Once that was out of the way, prosecuting a charity committing financial abuse was well within James' authority.
The best tool that law enforcement has is informants. People who are friends with and like a miscreant are not going to inform law enforcement. Most law enforcement looks upon most informants as biased and dirty. I used information from informants realizing that they had malicious motive for informing, seldom was it done as an act of good citizenship (there were exceptions). The only thing that concerned me about informants was whether they were truthful and maybe they were trying to divert our limited resources away from themselves.

In this case Ms. James has certainly acted with malice and has directed law enforcement against an entity she clearly doesn't like even if they were completely legal and above board. She clearly ignores wrongdoing by entities she approves of.

All that being true, she is absolutely right about the malfeasance of the NRA, its CEO, and his cronies. Like her or not she was right on this and WLP left the organization wide open on this. Now the members should be able to go after the BOD with a civil action for their acquiescence or maybe even active participation in the stealing.
GOA. Forget the NRA, all they have is a reputation, mostly bad. Kept quiet on important issues and mostly raised funds so that they could live extravagant. miles
The entire board is complicit in this and should resign.
Originally Posted by sagerat22
The entire board is complicit in this and should resign.
Should not they be held financially responsible for failing in their duty to protect us lowly members? That would be with the exception of any dissident members that opposed the financial shenanigans by Lapierre, Ms. Meadows, Mr. Arulanandam, and the cronies of those that were stealing.

I don't have any money coming. I saw what was up years ago and didn't send any money despite repeated pleas by mail and phone.
© 24hourcampfire