DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
$4.35 million; not nearly enough.

Dale

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The NRA was complict you foookin twats...

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
No [bleep], Sherlock. The BOD needs to be held accountable; doesn't mean WLP shouldn't have to pay more.

Dale

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WLP skimmed some money off the top and the whole voting for the board is a scam. The NRA still did more good than bad. If they hadn’t James wouldn’t have targeted the NRA.

If a conservative went after the head of Planned Parenthood for skimming some donations in the same way that James went after WLP the left would be screaming bloody murder and literally starting riots in streets and burning cities.

For better or for worse the left is tribal and in it for the cause in ways that the right doesn’t understand and isn’t willing to engage.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DHN
No [bleep], Sherlock. The BOD needs to be held accountable; doesn't mean WLP shouldn't have to pay more.

ROFL, don't get soo emotional ya fookin nancy. You were embezzled out of your money, so don't attack me for speaking the Truth. Send them another check and tell them you want to impeach their BoD. ROFL +P+

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
If a conservative went after the head of Planned Parenthood for skimming some donations in the same way that James went after WLP the left would be screaming bloody murder and literally starting riots in streets and burning cities.

No love for Wayne here
But that was my first thought also
She is targeting no question

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The scumbag can pay it out of petty cash.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DHN

ROFL, don't get soo emotional ya fookin nancy. You were embezzled out of your money, so don't attack me for speaking the Truth. Send them another check and tell them you want to impeach their BoD. ROFL +P+
So do as you say, not as you do? You are the one who started the name calling crap, don't be such "an emotional fookin Nancy" yourself. I haven't sent them money for years, and we're in agreement the money was embezzled. Why did you make a personal attack on people who were not disagreeing with you, or even being disagreeable? Put the bottle away.

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"A Manhattan jury found three top executives of the National Rifle Association liable Friday in a lengthy civil trial that focused on alleged corruption and the misspending of millions of dollars.

Longtime NRA leader Wayne LaPierre, a key architect in the nonprofit's hardline gun rights agenda who stepped down as CEO last month, was central to the case brought by New York state Attorney General Letitia James.

After a six week trial and a week of deliberations, a jurors found that LaPierre "violated his statutory obligation to discharge the duties of his position in good faith."

I don't have any love for WLP, but before anyone has orgasmic glee seeing him go down, realize what this is all about: State of New York VS. 2nd Amedment.

The Left has a never ending commitment to kill the 2nd. They have weaponized the courts (see Trump). This is a civil suit brought by the State of New York, not criminal. Note that they brough suit in a Manhattan court, the most anti-gun place in America.

Rather than celebrate, maybe you some of you should see this as a scary precedent. Once the NRA goes down, there is no group powerful enough to fight the anti gunners. The Left knows it.

"Although it was not a matter before the jury, the NRA effectively demonstrated that the NYAG’s lawsuit was motivated by political animus. As a candidate for NYAG in summer 2018, Letitia James called the NRA a “terrorist organization” and “criminal enterprise.” She vowed to pursue the NRA if elected, and quickly did so upon taking office in 2019."

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/nra-responds-to-new-york-trial-verdict/

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The NRA response made me wonder if Alice had left Wonderland for Fairfax. The spin was remarkable.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Already posted 3 hours ago.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DHN
Originally Posted by DHN

So do as you say, not as you do? You are the one who started the name calling crap, don't be such "an emotional fookin Nancy" yourself. I haven't sent them money for years, and we're in agreement the money was embezzled. Why did you make a personal attack on people who were not disagreeing with you, or even being disagreeable? Put the bottle away.

Well, I guess you missed out on the bonding aspect of young males using inflammatory language in order to bond over disagreeable situations. The fact that you took offense to the simple slang exacerbates your sensitive nature. I will put my bottle down when I want because this is still a somewhat free C(_)NTRY, so take care now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does this mean next months Riflemen magazine will have more or less advertisements and coincidental articles about the same gun I can’t afford? Have they ever gave an actual unbiased opinion on a new gun?

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect he can write a check that will clear in minutes.

I did not hear of any attacks on 2nd amendment issues. The focus was on misuse of funds and position within a tax-exempt organization. Most 501(c)(3)'s are nickel/dime deals. The NRA is not, however, in that league, and abuses were obvious.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/23/24.

1Minute
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by hatari
"A Manhattan jury found three top executives of the National Rifle Association liable Friday in a lengthy civil trial that focused on alleged corruption and the misspending of millions of dollars.

Longtime NRA leader Wayne LaPierre, a key architect in the nonprofit's hardline gun rights agenda who stepped down as CEO last month, was central to the case brought by New York state Attorney General Letitia James.

After a six week trial and a week of deliberations, a jurors found that LaPierre "violated his statutory obligation to discharge the duties of his position in good faith."

I don't have any love for WLP, but before anyone has orgasmic glee seeing him go down, realize what this is all about: State of New York VS. 2nd Amedment.

The Left has a never ending commitment to kill the 2nd. They have weaponized the courts (see Trump). This is a civil suit brought by the State of New York, not criminal. Note that they brough suit in a Manhattan court, the most anti-gun place in America.

Rather than celebrate, maybe you some of you should see this as a scary precedent. Once the NRA goes down, there is no group powerful enough to fight the anti gunners. The Left knows it.

"Although it was not a matter before the jury, the NRA effectively demonstrated that the NYAG’s lawsuit was motivated by political animus. As a candidate for NYAG in summer 2018, Letitia James called the NRA a “terrorist organization” and “criminal enterprise.” She vowed to pursue the NRA if elected, and quickly did so upon taking office in 2019."

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/nra-responds-to-new-york-trial-verdict/

No this is about NRA leadership betraying the NRA members and abusive over indulgence

Last edited by jwp475; 02/23/24.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
James did us a favor, WLP the money grabber is gone, that is what everybody wanted right? Next, the people who concealed a large number of the payments to the auditors need to go next, then we need new auditors, how did they miss all those large expenses. Then incorporate in Texas, Wyoming or Tennessee and hire a small group of people to run the NRA!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from accurateshooter.net]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am Patron member Daughter and Son in Law Life Members

I always planned on making my Grandson a life member as soon as he was born but they have not been doing chit
I know a lot of people don’t care but bump stock and brace they laid down I do care

Other groups did so much more
It’s still good they are the ones everyone is after and the GOA and others are getting stuff done

Recently a friend said she joined Lifetime and after asked what do I get well a cool jacket and I said nothing negative but struggled for too much positive

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari

Was this trial politically motivated? Yes.
Was LaPierre guilty? Yes.

The two things don't have to be exclusive.

Fortunately, the judge saw through James' motion to disband the NRA as the First Amendment violation and abuse of power that it was and denied it. Once that was out of the way, prosecuting a charity committing financial abuse was well within James' authority.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.