Home
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/passi...on-state-because-of-race-equity-concerns
It's not about the Law anymore. It's about how you feel.
Next will be “doctors” not needing a license to practice.
Collectivism.

GR
Somebody wake me up. I'm having a nightmare.
When has lowering the standards not worked out well? More lunatic attorneys, just what we need.
This has to make all the attorneys who actually studied and earned their place before the bench feel all warm and fuzzy.

Osky
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

Reminds me of when I applied to be a cop at the local PD right after high school. They sent me a thick, 10x8" booklet, and clearly stated in the accompanying letter that the entire test would be based on what's contained in it. So I spent the summer literally memorizing every word till I could practically recite it cover to cover. As a result, my score all but topped out the test, and I was immediately told that I'd be in the first group to continue along the hiring process, and that I should get a gym bag, sneakers, shorts, etc.. in preparation.

A week later I got a notice stating that the hiring process had been halted by a judge based on a blacks rights organization lawsuit (very few if any of those with high enough scores were black). Next letter I got from the police department told me that, due to the test having been deemed racially discriminatory, a judge has given my test score to a low scoring black applicant, and I'd be taking his low score, meaning I would not be hired.

This was the early 1980s, so this crap isn't new. They've just now decided to get rid of the tests entirely, due to their tendency to discriminate against blacks.
This could work out. The "marginalized" people who commit a disproportionate percentage of crime will now be hiring lawyers who can't pass a bar exam; more convictions.
Point of order. The tests don't "discriminate" against blacks, the only discrimination is determining relative qualifications, which is their purpose.

I recall back around that time, following one of the Supreme Court decisions re employment testing, a woman who was both a lawyer and PhD psychologist offered this comment. "The problem with (the) tests isn't that they don't work, it's that they work too well, and some people don't like what they show".
Originally Posted by DHN
This could work out. The "marginalized" people who commit a disproportionate percentage of crime will now be hiring lawyers who can't pass a bar exam; more convictions.

Good one!
Shouldn’t need a license at all.
Originally Posted by DHN

Up until those crappy lawyers eventually get elected to be judges
Diversity is good. The longer this goes on, diverse it gets!
This will be a Judges (courts) nightmare, they will soon overturn this.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Consider that non attorney people can choose to represent themselves in court.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Consider that non attorney people can choose to represent themselves in court.

That's true, and judges hate it, and when they lose, they file appeals (secure a lawyer) and return to court.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Next will be “doctors” not needing a license to practice.
Kinda like actors, politicians, government agencies telling people to get the latest experimental injectables?
'
Algonquin J. Calhoun, Attorney At Law grin

"Johnny Lee is best known as the shyster lawyer Algonquin J. Calhoun in the Amos 'N' Andy TV Series. In some of the 1948-49 radio episodes where the Calhoun character is introduced, he is referred to as "Five Percent Calhoun" because his fee was 5% of whatever he got for his clients. Calhoun was often enlisted by The Kingfish to get him out of legal trouble or to help Kingfish rip Andy off with one of his investment schemes."
https://black-face.com/Johnny-Lee.htm
Originally Posted by Paul39
Point of order. The tests don't "discriminate" against blacks, the only discrimination is determining relative qualifications, which is their purpose.

I recall back around that time, following one of the Supreme Court decisions re employment testing, a woman who was both a lawyer and PhD psychologist offered this comment. "The problem with (the) tests isn't that they don't work, it's that they work too well, and some people don't like what they show".
Exactly.
I’m pretty sure if you decided to hang out a shingle tomorrow without a law license, and then you told the powers that be that Storman Norman made a clicky thingy on a website you seen. You’d be yanked out and tossed with a big no.12 up the ass.
Abe Lincoln practiced law without ever taking the bar exam.
I wonder if Doctor Baker on Little House on the Prairie had a legit medical license
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And look where that got us. 😡
So the Supreme Court just said out loud that some races are dumber than others.....
Cool...

Aerospace Engineers won't have to take no stinking exams neither...

Boeing can hire even more idiots!!!

Yippee!
Originally Posted by JeffyD

And look where that got us. 😡
LOL. Touché. grin
Will this brilliant plan open the door for unqualified people from marginalized groups to be able to
perform surgery, fly airliners, work as structural engineers and the thousands of other jobs that previously had standards?
I think the next step is to outlaw tryouts for the NBA. Should be first come first hired. Tryouts are clearly discriminatory against Whites and Asians.
Border Patrol ( pre ice days ) used to have a height requirement.....
Until someone found out that women and Latinos tended to be shorter than Anglo males.......
Y'all need to leave these hell holes.
You older fellas need to sit down and watch “idiocracy”. When it came out it was a comedy, but more and more I feel we are heading to what is depicted
Originally Posted by rost495
So the Supreme Court just said out loud that some races are dumber than others.....

The Supreme Court of Washington state.
I think the next step is to outlaw tryouts for the NBA. Should be first come first hired. Tryouts are clearly discriminatory against Whites and Asians.
I nominate this for the post that wins the internet today.
During COVID lockdowns, anyone who signed up for the bar was just given admission.

It is always nice to tell the full story.

“At the time there were no written exams. The bar exam was oral in nature, yet the substance unknown.
In 1836 no formal tests were required for certification in Illinois. A judge or lawyer appointed by the court would merely attest the person requesting admittance to the bar possessed sufficient "moral character. "

https://law.siu.edu/_common/documents/law-journal/articles-2009/summer-2009/7-33-lincoln-essay.pdf
But you still need a license and permit and inspections to run a taco truck.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

It is always nice to tell the full story.

“At the time there were no written exams. The bar exam was oral in nature, yet the substance unknown.
In 1836 no formal tests were required for certification in Illinois. A judge or lawyer appointed by the court would merely attest the person requesting admittance to the bar possessed sufficient "moral character. "

https://law.siu.edu/_common/documents/law-journal/articles-2009/summer-2009/7-33-lincoln-essay.pdf

We call that the Good Ole Boy Network around char
Remember in the civil war if you ran a shoe/boot sweatshop, or a hotel you could be commissioned a lieutenant general 😃
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Shouldn’t need a license at all.
This is a good argument. Most lawyers are lazy and they don’t know Shiit. They rely on their legal secretaries to look up the laws. When before a Judge, some Judges scratch their heads as they don’t know the law. It’s like any profession, you either know it or you don’t. Example, 30 years ago I was a licensed general contractor for about 12 years. I gave it up but still did construction work, mostly for contractors. Very few contractors could cut a roof or a set of stairs among other things. Just like building inspectors. Some good and bad and some have to look up the code. When it comes to the Medical field, some good, some bad but they obtained a license. If you could look a persons reviews on their profession, it might have a more accurate telling of their abilities. Maybe!
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Somebody wake me up. I'm having a nightmare.

You're telling me.

Translation: People who are too stupid to pass the bar.

Reminds me of when I applied to be a cop at the local PD right after high school. They sent me a thick, 10x8" booklet, and clearly stated in the accompanying letter that the entire test would be based on what's contained in it. So I spent the summer literally memorizing every word till I could practically recite it cover to cover. As a result, my score all but topped out the test, and I was immediately told that I'd be in the first group to continue along the hiring process, and that I should get a gym bag, sneakers, shorts, etc.. in preparation.

A week later I got a notice stating that the hiring process had been halted by a judge based on a blacks rights organization lawsuit (very few if any of those with high enough scores were black). Next letter I got from the police department told me that, due to the test having been deemed racially discriminatory, a judge has given my test score to a low scoring black applicant, and I'd be taking his low score, meaning I would not be hired.

This was the early 1980s, so this crap isn't new. They've just now decided to get rid of the tests entirely, due to their tendency to discriminate against blacks.
Thats outrageous, passing to fail.
Studying isn’t hard. Spend time and think through. People who failed was a result of lack of focus. may now now there will be no text needed to join the force.
That is so Fani has somewhere to go when she is disbarred.
© 24hourcampfire