Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/passi...on-state-because-of-race-equity-concerns

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's not about the Law anymore. It's about how you feel.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Next will be “doctors” not needing a license to practice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Collectivism.

GR

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Somebody wake me up. I'm having a nightmare.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
When has lowering the standards not worked out well? More lunatic attorneys, just what we need.
This has to make all the attorneys who actually studied and earned their place before the bench feel all warm and fuzzy.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The Supreme Court of Washington state has ruled that passing the bar exam will no longer be necessary for law licensure since such a requirement "disproportionately and unnecessarily blocks historically marginalized groups from entering the practice of law."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/passi...on-state-because-of-race-equity-concerns
Reminds me of when I applied to be a cop at the local PD right after high school. They sent me a thick, 10x8" booklet, and clearly stated in the accompanying letter that the entire test would be based on what's contained in it. So I spent the summer literally memorizing every word till I could practically recite it cover to cover. As a result, my score all but topped out the test, and I was immediately told that I'd be in the first group to continue along the hiring process, and that I should get a gym bag, sneakers, shorts, etc.. in preparation.

A week later I got a notice stating that the hiring process had been halted by a judge based on a blacks rights organization lawsuit (very few if any of those with high enough scores were black). Next letter I got from the police department told me that, due to the test having been deemed racially discriminatory, a judge has given my test score to a low scoring black applicant, and I'd be taking his low score, meaning I would not be hired.

This was the early 1980s, so this crap isn't new. They've just now decided to get rid of the tests entirely, due to their tendency to discriminate against blacks.

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This could work out. The "marginalized" people who commit a disproportionate percentage of crime will now be hiring lawyers who can't pass a bar exam; more convictions.

Dale

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Point of order. The tests don't "discriminate" against blacks, the only discrimination is determining relative qualifications, which is their purpose.

I recall back around that time, following one of the Supreme Court decisions re employment testing, a woman who was both a lawyer and PhD psychologist offered this comment. "The problem with (the) tests isn't that they don't work, it's that they work too well, and some people don't like what they show".

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DHN
This could work out. The "marginalized" people who commit a disproportionate percentage of crime will now be hiring lawyers who can't pass a bar exam; more convictions.

Good one!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shouldn’t need a license at all.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by DHN

Up until those crappy lawyers eventually get elected to be judges

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Diversity is good. The longer this goes on, diverse it gets!

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
This will be a Judges (courts) nightmare, they will soon overturn this.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Consider that non attorney people can choose to represent themselves in court.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Consider that non attorney people can choose to represent themselves in court.

That's true, and judges hate it, and when they lose, they file appeals (secure a lawyer) and return to court.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Next will be “doctors” not needing a license to practice.
Kinda like actors, politicians, government agencies telling people to get the latest experimental injectables?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Algonquin J. Calhoun, Attorney At Law grin

"Johnny Lee is best known as the shyster lawyer Algonquin J. Calhoun in the Amos 'N' Andy TV Series. In some of the 1948-49 radio episodes where the Calhoun character is introduced, he is referred to as "Five Percent Calhoun" because his fee was 5% of whatever he got for his clients. Calhoun was often enlisted by The Kingfish to get him out of legal trouble or to help Kingfish rip Andy off with one of his investment schemes."
https://black-face.com/Johnny-Lee.htm

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Paul39
Point of order. The tests don't "discriminate" against blacks, the only discrimination is determining relative qualifications, which is their purpose.

I recall back around that time, following one of the Supreme Court decisions re employment testing, a woman who was both a lawyer and PhD psychologist offered this comment. "The problem with (the) tests isn't that they don't work, it's that they work too well, and some people don't like what they show".
Exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m pretty sure if you decided to hang out a shingle tomorrow without a law license, and then you told the powers that be that Storman Norman made a clicky thingy on a website you seen. You’d be yanked out and tossed with a big no.12 up the ass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 49 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,696
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.