Home
Posted By: Tarkio Canadian Steering Wheel Holders - 03/25/24
Got home from KC last night.

Trip was interesting complements of a Canadian steering wheel holder from Alberta.

Ran me off the road. Off the shoulder. Through the reflector posts and down into the ditch on the interstate.

These sorry truck drivers are getting worse all the time. And nothing seems to be getting done to change things.

Called the company, Positive Motor Freight LTD and got about what you would expect.
Well, your truck driver was actually about 17 Somalians.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That^^^ is always 'what' is driving the trucks we get out of Canadia
Well they claim they only have 8 drivers that managed to put on a total of 150k miles in the US last year. Their inspection record as a company is bad. DOT puts their trucks out of service 33% of the time when inspected (nat average is 22) and the driver 10% of the time (national average is 6.7%)

Where were you, in relation to the truck when he ran you off the road? He passing you or you him?
The change in truck drivers has been noticeable for more than a few years now. Lots of idiots driving tractor trailer like it’s rush hour in New Delhi with predictable results.

I5 through Tacoma was pretty bad.

Originally Posted by Raeford

No Somalians up here, just the friends & acquaintances of our dingbat, NDP leader Jagmeet !
Bad driving , is bad driving no matter who is driving.
And then we get people driving grain trucks who have no business doing so.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

No Somalians up here, just the friends & acquaintances of our dingbat, NDP leader Jagmeet !

No Somalian truck drivers in Alberta. They and the Sudanese tend to work at the packing plants. When they have a knife fight, it tends to be with their boning knives.

Truck drivers tend to be Sikhs (they wear turbans) or East Indians. There was a scandal where a truck driving/testing company took bribes to pass students who failed or didn’t take the course. An East Indian driver went through a rural intersection in Saskatchewan and crippled or killed a hockey team. It was at a known problem intersection. The visibility issue has been fixed, too little, too late. Driver plead guilty and will be deported after he serves his time.

While that driver made a mistake, he did the right thing. For that they deport him. Many other people should be deported, but they are given the rights of a citizen, next to impossible to get rid of them.

North America is so screwed up.
F'ing Canadians!
Originally Posted by KillerBee
F'ing Canadians!

Canadian Sex - lay there on top and just say "sorry"
Doing the job American (and Canuck) folks won't do.
Speaking of bad driving, we’re at the Orlando airport waiting for our flight home to Calgary.

Driving in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater has been an adventure. On the way to the airport, a Honda Accord driver decided he was in the need of our lane to make a right turn. Nearly hit us. Very close.

Too many other incidents witnessed to mention. Not all tourists, many are Floridians judging by their tinted windows.
Originally Posted by Teal
F'ing Canadians!

Well almost 100% correct. I say Bark like a dog!

laugh
F'ing Canadians!

laugh
And.......... while looking over your partner at the television......

"did you see that stop by the goalie?"
F'ing Canadians!

laugh

There's the alternative. Lay draped over the open moon-roof and she acts like a thirsty hamster.
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

No Somalian truck drivers in Alberta. They and the Sudanese tend to work at the packing plants. When they have a knife fight, it tends to be with their boning knives.

Truck drivers tend to be Sikhs (they wear turbans) or East Indians. There was a scandal where a truck driving/testing company took bribes to pass students who failed or didn’t take the course. An East Indian driver went through a rural intersection in Saskatchewan and crippled or killed a hockey team. It was at a known problem intersection. The visibility issue has been fixed, too little, too late. Driver plead guilty and will be deported after he serves his time.

While that driver made a mistake, he did the right thing. For that they deport him. Many other people should be deported, but they are given the rights of a citizen, next to impossible to get rid of them.

North America is so screwed up.

Normally I have found most of the Sikhs I've run across to be hard working folks

This one pled not guilty for one in AZ back in Sept:

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/09/04...er-semi-truck-driver-accused-impairment/

https://www.parkerpioneer.net/news/article_7c62e496-62e9-11ee-a3ca-4b76adec45f7.html
Every intersection in Saskatchewan is a problem intersection.
That happens in places that don't have a nice English name like......................................

Montana.

laugh
Honk for justine?
F'ing Canadians!

laugh
How do you make your fist bark?
🤷‍♂️ 😉
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That happens in places that don't have a nice English name like......................................

Montana.

laugh

I can prove that Saskatchewans roads are worse than Montanas.

Their drinking and driving laws are twice as tough as ours.

Montana.

laugh

I’m with you there Jim.

It is unfun driving through Saskatchewan to say the least.
Recent made up studies have shown that one out of every one Saskatchaweiners will die at a north south intersection with the Trans Canada highway.
Recent made up studies have shown that one out of every one Saskatchaweiners will die at a north south intersection with the Trans Canada highway.
Damn,

I always wondered what they were called..................

Saskatchaweiners..................

Sorta makes sense, eh?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Very philosophical

Thanks

To the OP, did you have dash cam? Road rage and generalized driver stupidity plus dirty cops have prompted a lot of drivers to have to them. To prove or disprove fault.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Very philosophical

Thanks

To the OP, did you have dash cam? Road rage and generalized driver stupidity plus dirty cops have prompted a lot of drivers to have to them. To prove or disprove fault.
I'd get one but can't find one that hooks up to a Cricket phone or the Life Alert fob
Very philosophical

Thanks

I'd get one but can't find one that hooks up to a Cricket phone or the Life Alert fob

You would need one that was water proof.
Very philosophical

Thanks

You would need one that was water proof.
Badda Boom, Badda Bing.

Ya' got me there pard
You can tell when a Hadjie is driving, The got the little curtains decorating the cabs.
True Story!

I was walking in a shopping market parking lot in Canada, and a family of Muzzies was driving a mini-van and as I was walking from one parking lane to another to get to the store, they did not slow down and almost hit me as in inches away.

So I open-handed slapped the driver's side windshield as hard as I could because I was really pissed.

The windshield broke into thousands of pieces into their laps. You should have seen the look on their faces. lol

I shouted, "Life may be cheap in your country, but in Canada we value ours.

cool
"Truck drivers tend to be Sikhs (they wear turbans) or East Indians."

I work night dispatch for a Canadian Company. Mostly just answer the phone and look up load release numbers..... It's the company with the buffalo on the side of their trucks...

Anyways... I work with a bunch of American drivers... and they are good for the most part... some are employed as truck drivers because they are not employable anywhere else.

as for the Canadian drivers... most of them are of the Sihks variety... And I have to say. I really like working with those guys... they are polite and respectful, and always open to helpful suggestions and are thankful for any help or guidence you give them.

I am not joking.

If I owned 300 trucks... I would hire 300 Sikhs... no lie.
So Interstate 5 isn't the only fun place to drive around Semis, exceeding the speed limit by quite a bit, riding your bumper, then pass you and barely missing your front and rear bumpers as they change lanes..... only to be driving up a mountain side 3 miles down the road, taking up lanes from one side to the other and doing 27 mph uphill and then doing 90 going down hill.....

Indians and Pakis from BC to the north, and Juan and Jose heading from the south going northbound.

Certainly makes one appreciate American truck drivers ALL the more.
And you would have 300 trucks with schittholes in the sleeper floor, and undercarriages plastered with curry schitt. No truck repair shops will work on these trucks. Won’t even let them in the door.
Originally Posted by CullingTime
And you would have 300 trucks with schittholes in the sleeper floor, and undercarriages plastered with curry schitt. No truck repair shops will work on these trucks. Won’t even let them in the door.

^^^^ That is True!^^^^

He forgot that part, and he also forgot to mention how they are putting WHITE Canadian Drivers out of business, by working real cheap, since they live three families per household and share all costs and can afford to do that.
^^ 4 drivers, one driver’s license. Obtained for $500 in an empty parking lot after a 2 minute drivers test.
Very philosophical

Thanks

I do not.

I drive a fair amount and really have been quite fortunate over the years. But I am really considering a dashcam. Been talking to a trucker buddy for recommendations.

As to the incident. Was life threatening as I saw it developing and wasn't at full highway speed. Took the shoulder, then the edge, then a bunch of the reflector posts, then the grass shoulder and then the ditch.

I suppose it was good it was me and not some kid or someone that might have panicked and made it worse.

I did finally speak to someone at the trucking company. You can guess the accent. Told him I wasn't looking for anything. No real damage but that his driver was going to kill someone.
Originally Posted by Diggerman
You can tell when a Hadjie is driving, The got the little curtains decorating the cabs.

He had his curtain on his driver's window pulled over halfway forward. Wouldn't peak out around when I pulled alongside.

Montana.

laugh

When you only meet another vehicle a few times a year a guy can get complacent, and it’s usually smoother in the ditch, drunk or sober.
That is unless it’s a borrow pit ditch. Like highway 2 between Havre and Chithook. More white crosses in the ditch than mile markers.
That is unless it’s a borrow pit ditch. Like highway 2 between Havre and Chithook. More white crosses in the ditch than mile markers.

Road condition or those that travel that road?
Those are for the folks that died after crashing. If the ditch didn’t get them the approaches will.
Originally Posted by AB2506
... Driving in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater has been an adventure. On the way to the airport, a Honda Accord driver decided he was in the need of our lane to make a right turn. Nearly hit us. Very close. ...

An acquaintance was in Tampa ~10 years ago. Elderly driver decided he wanted to drive on her portion of the sidewalk. She nearly died. LONG time in the hospital. And then in rehab. Not sure that she ever fully recovered.
Those are for the folks that died after crashing. If the ditch didn’t get them the approaches will.

I know what they're for.

My question is the reason for so many because of the condition of the road and ditch? Or because of the people that drive that road and their actions?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I know what they're for.

My question is the reason for so many because of the condition of the road and ditch? Or because of the people that drive that road and their actions?

I would bet that a lot of the deaths would’ve have happened if the ditches and approaches had some taper to them. As to why they hit the ditch, distracted driving, and drunk driving would be the leading causes. Two way traffic, and up until a few years ago, no passing lanes certainly claimed some lives . Get a wheel over the shoulder and there isn’t much chance of recovery.

On another note. Do you have a place up at Hudson Bay Sk?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I know what they're for.

I would bet that a lot of the deaths would’ve have happened if the ditches and approaches had some taper to them. As to why they hit the ditch, distracted driving, and drunk driving would be the leading causes. Two way traffic, and up until a few years ago, no passing lanes certainly claimed some lives . Get a wheel over the shoulder and there isn’t much chance of recovery.

On another note. Do you have a place up at Hudson Bay Sk?

I get the sharp shoulder issue. But I think a fair amount of the problem on that stretch is distracted and impaired drivers.

As to Hudson Bay, SK, no. We have a cabin up in northern sk north of PA and La Ronge
Was chatting with a fellow from Montana last fall at the hardware store in The Bay. He had a cabin North of town and hadn’t been up to it since pre Covid. Drove a ford power stroke, thought it might have be you.
© 24hourcampfire