Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CullingTime
That is unless it’s a borrow pit ditch. Like highway 2 between Havre and Chithook. More white crosses in the ditch than mile markers.

Road condition or those that travel that road?

Montana MOFO
GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Those are for the folks that died after crashing. If the ditch didn’t get them the approaches will.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by AB2506
... Driving in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater has been an adventure. On the way to the airport, a Honda Accord driver decided he was in the need of our lane to make a right turn. Nearly hit us. Very close. ...

An acquaintance was in Tampa ~10 years ago. Elderly driver decided he wanted to drive on her portion of the sidewalk. She nearly died. LONG time in the hospital. And then in rehab. Not sure that she ever fully recovered.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Those are for the folks that died after crashing. If the ditch didn’t get them the approaches will.

I know what they're for.

My question is the reason for so many because of the condition of the road and ditch? Or because of the people that drive that road and their actions?

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I know what they're for.

My question is the reason for so many because of the condition of the road and ditch? Or because of the people that drive that road and their actions?

I would bet that a lot of the deaths would’ve have happened if the ditches and approaches had some taper to them. As to why they hit the ditch, distracted driving, and drunk driving would be the leading causes. Two way traffic, and up until a few years ago, no passing lanes certainly claimed some lives . Get a wheel over the shoulder and there isn’t much chance of recovery.

On another note. Do you have a place up at Hudson Bay Sk?

IC B2

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I know what they're for.

I would bet that a lot of the deaths would’ve have happened if the ditches and approaches had some taper to them. As to why they hit the ditch, distracted driving, and drunk driving would be the leading causes. Two way traffic, and up until a few years ago, no passing lanes certainly claimed some lives . Get a wheel over the shoulder and there isn’t much chance of recovery.

On another note. Do you have a place up at Hudson Bay Sk?

I get the sharp shoulder issue. But I think a fair amount of the problem on that stretch is distracted and impaired drivers.

As to Hudson Bay, SK, no. We have a cabin up in northern sk north of PA and La Ronge

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Was chatting with a fellow from Montana last fall at the hardware store in The Bay. He had a cabin North of town and hadn’t been up to it since pre Covid. Drove a ford power stroke, thought it might have be you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.