Home
How much more are YOUR groceries under Joe? Try Trump Super PAC's Biden-Mart to see how your shopping bill has changed in four years

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

By Charlie Spiering, Senior Political Reporter, Washington, Dc

Published: 10:26 EDT, 29 March 2024 | Updated: 12:45 EDT, 29 March 2024

The official Super PAC supporting former President Donald Trump launched a new website allowing users to compare Trump-era grocery prices to the current high prices experienced by consumers during President Joe Biden's presidency.

The Make America Great Again Inc. PAC shared an exclusive preview of the 'Biden Mart' website with the DailyMail.com.

The Biden-Mart.com website includes an over two dozen common grocery items for the user to check off to see what the cost of their total grocery bill would be.
Make America Great Again Inc. PAC just launched Biden-Mart.com

Make America Great Again Inc. PAC just launched Biden-Mart.com
The website allows users to compare the difference between the cost of groceries under President Trump versus President Biden

The website allows users to compare the difference between the cost of groceries under President Trump versus President Biden

The items includes meat, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products that have all gone up in price since Trump was president.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pping-expenses.html?ico=related-replace#

Thanx, Joe

ya!

GWB
I concur.
Cost of each item is about the same.
"shrinkflation" means we gotta buy more "items".
So yeah, it's up!
Probably about $100 a month. May not sound like much to some, but it's a pretty good bite out of our budget.
It’s up a lot. Probably 35-40% or more.
Originally Posted by rainshot

At least

Family of two

Haven't had a rib eye in quite a while

FJB
Originally Posted by geedubya
How much more are YOUR groceries under Joe?
A schitpot.
^^this^^
I have not done a disciplined study, but I am finding that many items have risen approximately 120% during Bozo Joe’s tenure.
Tonight

Grilling some 85/15 burger

Shoulda/coulda been rib eyes

again

FJB
I'm seeing about 30% here. But so many jumps & variables make it hard to track. Ya think you're paying 25% more for an everyday product untill you find that product is in a 10-15% lighter package.

And not just the measurable things, as I'm imagining that the quality of some items has taken a hit as well. I've sworn off a few products & a few restaurant's as I feel the price has not just gone up, but the quality is way down.
40%
Just picked up a pack of tenderloins they have doubled in price in the last year ,can't enjoy tenderloins and rice much at these prices
We retired just as Joe was taking over, wife tracking all our spending.

Weekly

food bill was just over $100 now just under $200

I could fill the truck for $50 now for $50 I get a little over half a tank

this year we had a light winter but natural gas bill was 30% higher
Another thing to watch for is 'buying in volume' quite a few things in the grocery store where the big bag/can/pack cost more per ounce than the small.
Big household here, wife, I, and 6 kiddos. We don’t buy meat from store outside of some breaded chicken once in while. Buy a beef every fall from a friend and we butcher. Same with hog. Beef is up just over 45%.

Groceries are up from $300 a month to almost 550 a month. Some from inflation, some from having kids grow. Either way nothing getting cheaper. Just part of life. Glad we can make do and have some money left to enjoy.
Ain’t been in Sam’s club in yrs they got a hell of a lunch deal combo but you’ll get fuqkd otherwise
The shrinkage of products is really startlingly, in addition to increased cost. Anyone notice the size of yummie in the Oreo cookies, bet it isn’t half the size it once was, though the picture on the bag shows it nearly flowing out of the loaf. You get to looking and all products have shrunk substantially, and that’s darn sure not reflected in the cost of living index,
For us canucks, packaging has shrunk, prices have gone up and our dollar is down and inflation is up, thanks to Trudeau and liberals.
Originally Posted by Mohall57
that’s darn sure not reflected in the cost of living index,

The books have been cooked on the CPI for 30+ years.

Probably the best source is ShadowStats' US Price Inflation, and a quick way to check that is Tom's Inflation Calculator. It puts price inflation from 2018 to 2022 at ~56%. To 2024 is probably another 15%.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by old_willys
We retired just as Joe was taking over, wife tracking all our spending.

Weekly

food bill was just over $100 now just under $200

I could fill the truck for $50 now for $50 I get a little over half a tank

this year we had a light winter but natural gas bill was 30% higher

This sounds about right to me. It's a hell of lot more than 30 to 40%. Shrinkflation compounds, or perhaps better said, obfuscates the issue. Definitely an issue Trump should pound Traitor Joe Biden with. Speaking of which, Traitor Joe's would be a better name for the store front although Trader Joe's might not be so inclined to agree.

Originally Posted by gunzo
And not just the measurable things, as I'm imagining that the quality of some items has taken a hit as well. I've sworn off a few products & a few restaurant's as I feel the price has not just gone up, but the quality is way down.

Stranger, how long has it been since you've had a big, thick steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Well, not long enough because the last time I tried a can, it was thin, soupy slop -- a pale shadow of its former self.
In my area it’s probably 60%. We have changed our shopping habits but it stings.

Energy is what really costs us.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Mohall57
that’s darn sure not reflected in the cost of living index,

The books have been cooked on the CPI for 30+ years.

Probably the best source is ShadowStats' US Price Inflation, and a quick way to check that is Tom's Inflation Calculator. It puts price inflation from 2018 to 2022 at ~56%. To 2024 is probably another 15%.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sounds about right for my neck of the woods.
Around here -no way on the 30-40%, minimum 50-60%.

Real Gasoline today $4.05/gal. .
Gas is going up FJB
Originally Posted by geedubya
How much more are YOUR groceries under Joe?

I can’t give you the exact number, but…

I usually do the shopping as my wife's health is no good these days. I think food is up 30% at least.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

At least

Family of two

FJB

Same here!
A lot
I’m guessing 50 percent. Just went to the grocery store tonight. The bill was just short of $200 .
I still see full buggies at the Walmarks paid for by eeebbbbtees.
I’d guess at least 30%
Let's add in fuel.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
I’d guess at least 30%
About the same for me. Been buying Generic brands and save a little.
I am one of those people that can tell you almost to the penny of what things cost me. Groceries are up just under 100% for my family. That’s with no changes in shopping habits.
For the first time in my long life I noticed what a bottle of mayo cost. If I needed mayo I just grabbed my brand in the size and packaging I always buy. I had to look twice to see it was $7.45. For some reason I thought it was about $3.50. I ended up with a different brand I can live with that was BOGO. I’m learning to be a better shopper. I’m single so never really had to have a budget like a family for food. It doesn't take long to run up a $50 bill for condiment's at $7 a bottle. I was always paying more attention on pricing on things like meat. All these $3-7 items will kill you. Olive oil ? Holy cow that stuff has easily doubled in a few years.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

At least

Family of two

FJB
That. Although we buy beef by the quarter or half, so overall our beef runs about $3.75/# - including them sweet ribeyes.. smile

Everything in the stores though, is like you said - about 40% higher.. It's what we get when a freaking DEM takes over..
Probably in the 50% range in our area. We were behind a young family man in the grocery line yesterday. He had diapers, some meats, two gallons of milk, bread, & other normal family needs. His cart was pretty much heaped full and it was probably pay day for him. I overheard the bill.....a little over $300. Joe calls it Bidenomics.
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Cost of each item is about the same.
"shrinkflation" means we gotta buy more "items".
So yeah, it's up!
Probably about $100 a month. May not sound like much to some, but it's a pretty good bite out of our budget.

"Cost of each item is about the same"?
An interesting exercise and no about about it and easy to chart from my checkbook.
Our most recent month February 2024 we spent $753.61 for groceries for the two of us.
Going back to February 2020 we spent $653.51 for groceries for both of us.

Where it goes pie shaped is when I look at January 2024 when we spent $304.27 for groceries.
Looking back at January 2020 we spent $828.37 for groceries.

Combined January and February 2024 that makes $1,057.88
Combined January and February 2020 that makes $1,457.88 or $400.00 more in 2020 combined.

I think what that tells me is that buying groceries in Wisconsin is way cheaper than buying groceries in Florida where we were in 2020.
That plus the fact that the wife is buying more store brands today than she was four years ago, shopping at Walmart or Kroger instead of a Publix and using a bunch of coupons when she shops.
Just bought 50 pd of seed taters holy fuqk😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
In some ways you really can’t win. If you build a greenhouse to grow vegetables, if it’s over a certain size you need a building permit. Then you pay taxes on the structure. That needs to change! I seen something on tv where stores lure you to buy things that are eye level. A while back I was at Wally World and just bought some canned corn. A couple was beside me looking on their phone and it showed canned corn at a much cheaper price. They searched and it was on the very bottom of the shelves. I grabbed some for myself and put the other back.
In 2019 and prior it was almost comical every time I went to the grocery store how close to $100 it was for a cart full of food. I would laugh because it seemed like no matter what I filled the cart with it ranged between $96-105 per trip.

Fast forward to now and it’s $200+ and I’m watching items more closely now.
I know around here a ribeye steak went from 9 dollars a pound to 16.
The groceries are bad enough but the toilet paper and paper towels are crazy high. We shop at Walmart because it’s our only grocery store now and overall I would say a 40 percent increase shopping there. Edk
I retired under Trump's watch and things were good. We usually make one trip a month to Walmart for groceries and essentials and were spending about $250 per trip. We went last week and the same cart full was $421. A small weekly trip to our local grocery store was $30 to $40 bucks is now $60. And yes, most packages are a few ounces lighter than before.
I got to thinking about my January and February comparison in 2020 and 2024 and decided that it wasn't fair to compare WI. to FL. grocery shopping, so I just ran June and July 2020 against June and July 2023 both from WI.

June 2023 we spent $680.63 for groceries.
June 2020 we spent $850.92 for groceries.
July 2023 we spent $617.82 for groceries.
July 2020 we spent $640.69 for groceries.

Combined 2023 that is $1,298.45
Combined 2020 that is $1,491.61 or $193.16 more.

All I can chalk it up to is better coupon management, buying on sale items, buying less processed stuff and Sweetness is really good at budgeting because she knows what we save off our grocery bill goes right into savings to help pay taxes at the end of the year.
FJB
Originally Posted by ERK
The groceries are bad enough but the toilet paper and paper towels are crazy high. We shop at Walmart because it’s our only grocery store now and overall I would say a 40 percent increase shopping there. Edk

Priced toothbrushes lately?

WTF? $5 for a plain jane…
Originally Posted by Alan_C
In some ways you really can’t win. If you build a greenhouse to grow vegetables, if it’s over a certain size you need a building permit. Then you pay taxes on the structure. That needs to change! I seen something on tv where stores lure you to buy things that are eye level. A while back I was at Wally World and just bought some canned corn. A couple was beside me looking on their phone and it showed canned corn at a much cheaper price. They searched and it was on the very bottom of the shelves. I grabbed some for myself and put the other back.
That’s been the practice for at least twenty years
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Alan_C
That’s been the practice for at least twenty years
Thanks Brother Doors!
Seems to me that just about everything has doubled in price.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by ERK

Priced toothbrushes lately?

WTF? $5 for a plain jane…
Dave, try the dollar store brother
65% seems about right.
Trump needs to hammer the criminal Joe Biden on the failure of, "bidenomics".
My costs across the board utilities food and gasoline are just under double what they were under Trump.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Trump needs to hammer the criminal Joe Biden on the failure of, "bidenomics".
My costs across the board utilities food and gasoline are just under double what they were under Trump.
Had I not gradually transitioned (since the start of Biden's fake regime) into keeping my eyes open for two-for-one deals and sale items (I never used to), my grocery bill would likely be nearly double by now. Still MUCH higher than it was under Trump, despite that. Likely about 65% more, but only due to my new focus on special deals.
Doing the actual calculations, much as I want to try to agree with the OP's narrative, he asked how YOUR (our) grocery bill has changed in four years. Yes, going out to eat is more expensive, so we eat at home more. Yes, the price of gasoline is higher, so I drive the 6 cylinder SUV more instead of the V8 truck and combine trips. But the grocery bills for what ever reason (different shopping habits is all I can figure) just are not showing an increase with actual calculations. Thinking that my four year June and July WI. grocery figures were suspect, I just ran our 2019 September and October WI. grocery spending vs. our 2023 September and October WI. spending.

September 2019 we spent $586.17 for groceries.
October 2019 we spent $582.65 for groceries.

September 2023 we spent $515.64 for groceries.
October 2023 we spent $647.30 for groceries.

Combined we spent $1,168.82 September and October 2019.
Combined we spent $1,162.94 September and October 2023.

For those two months combined that is $5.88 more in 2019 than in 2023.
Feeder calves have almost doubled around here.

Weekly Walmart / Aldi trip is up around 50%.

FJB
Originally Posted by Windfall
Doing the actual calculations, much as I want to try to agree with the OP's narrative, he asked how YOUR (our) grocery bill has changed in four years. Yes, going out to eat is more expensive, so we eat at home more. Yes, the price of gasoline is higher, so I drive the 6 cylinder SUV more instead of the V8 truck and combine trips. But the grocery bills for what ever reason (different shopping habits is all I can figure) just are not showing an increase with actual calculations. Thinking that my four year June and July WI. grocery figures were suspect, I just ran our 2019 September and October WI. grocery spending vs. our 2023 September and October WI. spending.

You spend the same, you get less product.
Originally Posted by Windfall

Even the Biden administration admits there is inflation (even though they lie about the severity).

But you want us to believe you're the only American who hasn't been affected by it?
Beef raised on the ranch, no biggy however processing has certainly gone up.
Store bought goods, definitely pushing 75% higher overall.

Fuel was 1,78 when Trump left, double that now and it has been higher. Utilities and lp eat up, and of course that raises the taxes levied on it feathering the govt.

Osky
While I record all my purchases in Quicken and I can tell you how much I spent on groceries broke down year by year, I can't tell you how much groceries went up because I don't buy the same items that I did before. And I'm much more aggressive searching for sales on things I normally eat and will buy 6 months worth if it will save me money. I'm getting good at bridging the sales.

Sadly some things just don't keep so it is either pay up or go without.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Another thing to watch for is 'buying in volume' quite a few things in the grocery store where the big bag/can/pack cost more per ounce than the small.
Been noticing that. Economy packs are higher than single items .
Sure we've been affected by the higher prices and apples to apples I do believe stuff is more expensive than it was four years ago. How we have compensated is by shopping store brands and eating more economically. Lets take Easter dinner as an example. Do you think that the wife bought the 10# Private Selection bone in spiral sliced ham for $4.99 a pound? No way, we are having the $1.59 a pound Kroger spiral sliced ham. We are having the French cut bean and mushroom soup vegetable dish. Did she get the $1.25 a can Del Monte French cut beans? Nope, the $.66 a can Kroger brand and the on sale 10/$10 can deal on the mushroom soup. The kid coming over for dinner isn't going to know the difference and neither will we. Shop at Kroger, coupon and bring your own cloth bags and get fuel points and get like a $1.00 off a gallon at the end of the month. Eat a pork roast instead of a more expensive beef roast. Get 85/15 burger instead of 90/10. That kind of stuff. It works for us.
I don't much care who is in office, but I doubt MAGA woulda be any better. Think Donald and his billionaires care about the rest of us, eh?
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I don't much care who is in office, but I doubt MAGA woulda be any better. Think Donald and his billionaires care about the rest of us, eh?

Funny, seems trump did more for us little people than any billionaires I can recall.

Osky
Originally Posted by Osky

Funny, seems trump did more for us little people than any billionaires I can recall.

Osky

Not to mention the fact that Trump donated his Presidential Salary to Charity.
Don’t know of any other POTUS that has ever done that.

Meanwhile, Pedo Joe and his Crackhead Spawn have made MILLIONS OF $$$$ selling access to the WH and America’s National Security to the Enemy. 😡

Osky
Trump's huge permanent tax cuts for billionaires say otherwise, and he would cut more billionaire taxes next time. Who benefits more? There's a big reason billionaires like their sponsor.

Osky
Trump's huge permanent tax cuts for billionaires say otherwise, and he would cut more billionaire taxes next time. Who benefits more? There's a big reason billionaires like their sponsor.

You are correct without knowing what you actually said. The richest Elites pumped money into the D’s and first Ron then Nikki. You voted for Pedo Joe, so quit trying to excuse your mistake.

Comparing month to month bills doesn’t work for a lot of us because I eat much more “on sale” meat mostly leg quarters ect than I used to. Barely even look at beef aside from hamburger when I go. Funny part is last week my cholesterol had gone up from 205 to 220 and the D said cut back on fried foods and red meat. I told my wife that was crazy talk considering from last October when I started working part of my schedule in Louisiana until now, I’ve never had less red meat and breaded/fried food. I’m usually alone there and on an expense account but maybe I ate too much sausage sticks and jerky because I didn’t want to eat at restaurants alone that much.

To the original topic, I’d say 30% more in dollars even with more careful shopping is a safe estimate even with putting down the Salmon and Ribeyes by and large.
I would estimate that the groceries I buy are up around 60%

But that doesn't tell the whole story. If you load your own ammo the prices are up well over 100% Powder is up at least 100%' primers are up at least 200% on some and that's if you can find em. Brass and bullets are up at least 50%.
According to my records, so far in 2024 we spend the same $1k per month for the two of us on groceries(not including beer and dog food).

And we spend about the same amount on beer and dog food......
(these pig ears are killin' us)
I really don't keep track and do 90% of the grocery shopping. Those days are well behind with just the two of us and about half the appetite we once had. That said, my favorite taqueria lunch is up from $6.99 a few years ago to $10.99 today which still ain't bad as I tend to get two meals out of it.
More than double.
I have no idea. I can't tell you what I paid for groceries 4 years ago vice today. Its like gas - I have to buy it either way so I never bothered to track cost there. I get what I need/want - pay the lady and go home. I'm sure it's more - just because I understand what's happening but how much more - no clue.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
More than double.

Yep. And I recently had one move out to college. Guess I'm still paying for a few groceries there, it's just hidden in the 529.

Osky
MSLSD/commie talking points.
Part of the Trump tax cuts that most commies miss is that it allows a company to right off a new piece of Capital equipment in one year instead of five.
What a advantage to have for a business that hasn't been around that long.
Pretty much every time a company buys a piece of Capital equipment they have to hire somebody to run it.
dave
A 12 pack of diet soda pop used to be $3.99 at the local Kroger store. Now it’s $8.99 for a 12 pack. We haven’t cooked steaks on the grill in quite a while. They are outrageously expensive.

Ron
I have not kept track exactly but double what it was before Biden easily.
I do about 95% of our grocery shopping. Shop almost exclusively at Fred Meyer (Kroger) and take maximum advantage of coupons and fuel points. Last year saved $1000 on fuel and about $2500 on groceries (as compared to regular price). Takes some work but worth it. Overall, I would estimate prices are up about 30%. Some are just prices increases - even if on sale. Others are on promotions - what used to be buy one get one free, is now buy 2 and get one free. And not as many things we normally buy are going on sale.
Takes less to carry in $300 worth now, vs. $200, 2 years go.
(Maybe I'm getting stronger)
The "big savings" sale price on bacon is about $1.50 higher than the regular price used to be.
© 24hourcampfire