-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I record all my purchases in Quicken and I can tell you how much I spent on groceries broke down year by year, I can't tell you how much groceries went up because I don't buy the same items that I did before. And I'm much more aggressive searching for sales on things I normally eat and will buy 6 months worth if it will save me money. I'm getting good at bridging the sales.

Sadly some things just don't keep so it is either pay up or go without.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Another thing to watch for is 'buying in volume' quite a few things in the grocery store where the big bag/can/pack cost more per ounce than the small.
Been noticing that. Economy packs are higher than single items .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure we've been affected by the higher prices and apples to apples I do believe stuff is more expensive than it was four years ago. How we have compensated is by shopping store brands and eating more economically. Lets take Easter dinner as an example. Do you think that the wife bought the 10# Private Selection bone in spiral sliced ham for $4.99 a pound? No way, we are having the $1.59 a pound Kroger spiral sliced ham. We are having the French cut bean and mushroom soup vegetable dish. Did she get the $1.25 a can Del Monte French cut beans? Nope, the $.66 a can Kroger brand and the on sale 10/$10 can deal on the mushroom soup. The kid coming over for dinner isn't going to know the difference and neither will we. Shop at Kroger, coupon and bring your own cloth bags and get fuel points and get like a $1.00 off a gallon at the end of the month. Eat a pork roast instead of a more expensive beef roast. Get 85/15 burger instead of 90/10. That kind of stuff. It works for us.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don't much care who is in office, but I doubt MAGA woulda be any better. Think Donald and his billionaires care about the rest of us, eh?

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I don't much care who is in office, but I doubt MAGA woulda be any better. Think Donald and his billionaires care about the rest of us, eh?

Funny, seems trump did more for us little people than any billionaires I can recall.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Osky

Funny, seems trump did more for us little people than any billionaires I can recall.

Osky

Not to mention the fact that Trump donated his Presidential Salary to Charity.
Don’t know of any other POTUS that has ever done that.

Meanwhile, Pedo Joe and his Crackhead Spawn have made MILLIONS OF $$$$ selling access to the WH and America’s National Security to the Enemy. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Osky
Trump's huge permanent tax cuts for billionaires say otherwise, and he would cut more billionaire taxes next time. Who benefits more? There's a big reason billionaires like their sponsor.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Osky
Trump's huge permanent tax cuts for billionaires say otherwise, and he would cut more billionaire taxes next time. Who benefits more? There's a big reason billionaires like their sponsor.

You are correct without knowing what you actually said. The richest Elites pumped money into the D’s and first Ron then Nikki. You voted for Pedo Joe, so quit trying to excuse your mistake.

Comparing month to month bills doesn’t work for a lot of us because I eat much more “on sale” meat mostly leg quarters ect than I used to. Barely even look at beef aside from hamburger when I go. Funny part is last week my cholesterol had gone up from 205 to 220 and the D said cut back on fried foods and red meat. I told my wife that was crazy talk considering from last October when I started working part of my schedule in Louisiana until now, I’ve never had less red meat and breaded/fried food. I’m usually alone there and on an expense account but maybe I ate too much sausage sticks and jerky because I didn’t want to eat at restaurants alone that much.

To the original topic, I’d say 30% more in dollars even with more careful shopping is a safe estimate even with putting down the Salmon and Ribeyes by and large.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would estimate that the groceries I buy are up around 60%

But that doesn't tell the whole story. If you load your own ammo the prices are up well over 100% Powder is up at least 100%' primers are up at least 200% on some and that's if you can find em. Brass and bullets are up at least 50%.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
According to my records, so far in 2024 we spend the same $1k per month for the two of us on groceries(not including beer and dog food).

And we spend about the same amount on beer and dog food......
(these pig ears are killin' us)

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/31/24.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I really don't keep track and do 90% of the grocery shopping. Those days are well behind with just the two of us and about half the appetite we once had. That said, my favorite taqueria lunch is up from $6.99 a few years ago to $10.99 today which still ain't bad as I tend to get two meals out of it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More than double.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no idea. I can't tell you what I paid for groceries 4 years ago vice today. Its like gas - I have to buy it either way so I never bothered to track cost there. I get what I need/want - pay the lady and go home. I'm sure it's more - just because I understand what's happening but how much more - no clue.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn
More than double.

Yep. And I recently had one move out to college. Guess I'm still paying for a few groceries there, it's just hidden in the 529.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Osky
MSLSD/commie talking points.
Part of the Trump tax cuts that most commies miss is that it allows a company to right off a new piece of Capital equipment in one year instead of five.
What a advantage to have for a business that hasn't been around that long.
Pretty much every time a company buys a piece of Capital equipment they have to hire somebody to run it.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A 12 pack of diet soda pop used to be $3.99 at the local Kroger store. Now it’s $8.99 for a 12 pack. We haven’t cooked steaks on the grill in quite a while. They are outrageously expensive.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have not kept track exactly but double what it was before Biden easily.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I do about 95% of our grocery shopping. Shop almost exclusively at Fred Meyer (Kroger) and take maximum advantage of coupons and fuel points. Last year saved $1000 on fuel and about $2500 on groceries (as compared to regular price). Takes some work but worth it. Overall, I would estimate prices are up about 30%. Some are just prices increases - even if on sale. Others are on promotions - what used to be buy one get one free, is now buy 2 and get one free. And not as many things we normally buy are going on sale.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Takes less to carry in $300 worth now, vs. $200, 2 years go.
(Maybe I'm getting stronger)

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The "big savings" sale price on bacon is about $1.50 higher than the regular price used to be.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.