Home
Posted By: Irving_D Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
·
Apr 2, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ALBANY, NY — Thousands of fans in attendance and millions of television viewers were witnesses to history, as Caitlin Clark was canonized as a saint after performing the miracle of making women's basketball watchable.

The unprecedented feat of making people enjoy watching women's basketball, which left the world in awe due to its magnitude and resulted in a rare case of a person being canonized as a saint while still alive, was long thought to be impossible in our world before the University of Iowa standout exhibited supernatural powers.

"This fits every criteria of being a miracle," said a representative of the Vatican. "It is highly unusual for His Holiness to consider canonizing a living person, but once we were notified that Caitlin Clark had made women's basketball watchable, he had little choice in the matter. Have you ever sat through an entire women's basketball game before? Of course not. No one has. This can only be seen as an act of God."

Fans in attendance at the Iowa-LSU game knew they had been a part of a miraculous event. "It was as though the heavens opened," said Barry Poppen. "I've made several attempts during my life to watch women's basketball, but I've never been able to do it. I thought it could never be done. Then I saw Caitlin Clark play. It was like scales fell from my eyes so I could watch the game. Praise the Lord!"

At publishing time, the Catholic Church was reportedly in the process of officially naming Caitlin Clark the Matron Saint of Unwatchable Sports.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
That's funny!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by Irving_D
·
Apr 2, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ALBANY, NY — Thousands of fans in attendance and millions of television viewers were witnesses to history, as Caitlin Clark was canonized as a saint after performing the miracle of making women's basketball watchable.

The unprecedented feat of making people enjoy watching women's basketball, which left the world in awe due to its magnitude and resulted in a rare case of a person being canonized as a saint while still alive, was long thought to be impossible in our world before the University of Iowa standout exhibited supernatural powers.

"This fits every criteria of being a miracle," said a representative of the Vatican. "It is highly unusual for His Holiness to consider canonizing a living person, but once we were notified that Caitlin Clark had made women's basketball watchable, he had little choice in the matter. Have you ever sat through an entire women's basketball game before? Of course not. No one has. This can only be seen as an act of God."

Fans in attendance at the Iowa-LSU game knew they had been a part of a miraculous event. "It was as though the heavens opened," said Barry Poppen. "I've made several attempts during my life to watch women's basketball, but I've never been able to do it. I thought it could never be done. Then I saw Caitlin Clark play. It was like scales fell from my eyes so I could watch the game. Praise the Lord!"

At publishing time, the Catholic Church was reportedly in the process of officially naming Caitlin Clark the Matron Saint of Unwatchable Sports.

Speaking of the Pope. Caitlin is catholic. She went to school at Dowling High school in West Des Moines which is a private catholic school and she had originally verbally agreed to go to Notre Dame but then changed her mind and went to Iowa instead.

kwg
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
This story ought to be true.

This is the first time I ever watched an entire girl's basketball game. My previous record was 2 minutes of watching.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Nappy Headed Hoes.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
GO IOWA!
Posted By: bugs4 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Good for Iowa. . . . after the way Brands' team stunk up the NCAA wrestling tournament, they need some good news.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Yep. Good family friend is and always has been a huge IA wbb fan. And she has been exceedingly loud these past couple years. So we, especially the wife, have been aying some attention this season. Watched part of the earlier WVU and CO games this tournament. Watched pretty much all the IA - LSU game. Tried watching the USC-UCONN game that came on afterwards. Think we last barely into the early part of the second period ad the wife launched the remote to me and said find something else to watch.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by bugs4
Good for Iowa. . . . after the way Brands' team stunk up the NCAA wrestling tournament, they need some good news.

Yep. We sat amongst some Iowa fans at the NCAA wrestling tournament and even they admitted that it is probably time for the tiny twins to move on.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Good as she is, it's still a team sport
Posted By: Huntz Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Is she a man??
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

This is the first time I ever watched an entire girl's basketball game. My previous record was 2 minutes of watching.

Have to say she has given more reason to watch any woman's team sport than ......anyone.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Have to say she has given more reason to watch any woman's team sport than ......anyone.

2 words

beach volleyball

mike r
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Nappy Headed Hoes.

Courtesy of Don Imus.

Gotta love the Bee.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by kenjs1

2 words

beach volleyball

mike r
yup.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Miracle in Albany NY - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good as she is, it's still a team sport

That's the thing. She is good at all aspects of the game and elevates her teammates play with how she see's the court and controls the game.

All around great player.
© 24hourcampfire