Hop To
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
·
Apr 2, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ALBANY, NY — Thousands of fans in attendance and millions of television viewers were witnesses to history, as Caitlin Clark was canonized as a saint after performing the miracle of making women's basketball watchable.

The unprecedented feat of making people enjoy watching women's basketball, which left the world in awe due to its magnitude and resulted in a rare case of a person being canonized as a saint while still alive, was long thought to be impossible in our world before the University of Iowa standout exhibited supernatural powers.

"This fits every criteria of being a miracle," said a representative of the Vatican. "It is highly unusual for His Holiness to consider canonizing a living person, but once we were notified that Caitlin Clark had made women's basketball watchable, he had little choice in the matter. Have you ever sat through an entire women's basketball game before? Of course not. No one has. This can only be seen as an act of God."

Fans in attendance at the Iowa-LSU game knew they had been a part of a miraculous event. "It was as though the heavens opened," said Barry Poppen. "I've made several attempts during my life to watch women's basketball, but I've never been able to do it. I thought it could never be done. Then I saw Caitlin Clark play. It was like scales fell from my eyes so I could watch the game. Praise the Lord!"

At publishing time, the Catholic Church was reportedly in the process of officially naming Caitlin Clark the Matron Saint of Unwatchable Sports.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's funny!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Irving_D
·
Apr 2, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ALBANY, NY — Thousands of fans in attendance and millions of television viewers were witnesses to history, as Caitlin Clark was canonized as a saint after performing the miracle of making women's basketball watchable.

The unprecedented feat of making people enjoy watching women's basketball, which left the world in awe due to its magnitude and resulted in a rare case of a person being canonized as a saint while still alive, was long thought to be impossible in our world before the University of Iowa standout exhibited supernatural powers.

"This fits every criteria of being a miracle," said a representative of the Vatican. "It is highly unusual for His Holiness to consider canonizing a living person, but once we were notified that Caitlin Clark had made women's basketball watchable, he had little choice in the matter. Have you ever sat through an entire women's basketball game before? Of course not. No one has. This can only be seen as an act of God."

Fans in attendance at the Iowa-LSU game knew they had been a part of a miraculous event. "It was as though the heavens opened," said Barry Poppen. "I've made several attempts during my life to watch women's basketball, but I've never been able to do it. I thought it could never be done. Then I saw Caitlin Clark play. It was like scales fell from my eyes so I could watch the game. Praise the Lord!"

At publishing time, the Catholic Church was reportedly in the process of officially naming Caitlin Clark the Matron Saint of Unwatchable Sports.

Speaking of the Pope. Caitlin is catholic. She went to school at Dowling High school in West Des Moines which is a private catholic school and she had originally verbally agreed to go to Notre Dame but then changed her mind and went to Iowa instead.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This story ought to be true.

This is the first time I ever watched an entire girl's basketball game. My previous record was 2 minutes of watching.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nappy Headed Hoes.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
GO IOWA!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good for Iowa. . . . after the way Brands' team stunk up the NCAA wrestling tournament, they need some good news.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep. Good family friend is and always has been a huge IA wbb fan. And she has been exceedingly loud these past couple years. So we, especially the wife, have been aying some attention this season. Watched part of the earlier WVU and CO games this tournament. Watched pretty much all the IA - LSU game. Tried watching the USC-UCONN game that came on afterwards. Think we last barely into the early part of the second period ad the wife launched the remote to me and said find something else to watch.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bugs4
Good for Iowa. . . . after the way Brands' team stunk up the NCAA wrestling tournament, they need some good news.

Yep. We sat amongst some Iowa fans at the NCAA wrestling tournament and even they admitted that it is probably time for the tiny twins to move on.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good as she is, it's still a team sport

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is she a man??

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

This is the first time I ever watched an entire girl's basketball game. My previous record was 2 minutes of watching.

Have to say she has given more reason to watch any woman's team sport than ......anyone.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Have to say she has given more reason to watch any woman's team sport than ......anyone.

2 words

beach volleyball

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Nappy Headed Hoes.

Courtesy of Don Imus.

Gotta love the Bee.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by kenjs1

2 words

beach volleyball

mike r
yup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good as she is, it's still a team sport

That's the thing. She is good at all aspects of the game and elevates her teammates play with how she see's the court and controls the game.

All around great player.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (BALLISTIK, Anaconda, 300_savage, Aero, 3dtestify, 6 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,139
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.