Home
In good ol' liberal, laid back, mellow, Seattle, Security Guards refuse to come to the aid of a young girl being butalized by a gang. Ain't liberalism wonderful?

http://www.breitbart.tv/caught-on-t...stand-by-as-teen-girl-brutally-attacked/

L.W.
Life in the big city.
Typical [bleep]' [bleep] behavior. I've had four freinds shot to death by those burrhead SOB's and I just don't give a hoot if my post isn't PC.
Job loss and jail for aiding and abetting for the security pukes!
I can not believe no one else got involved. Looks like there were several people that saw it.
That is your sheeple mentality in action.
girl should have called 911! ain't that what we're told to do?
They should turn their man cards in.....
Pathetic and spineless pukes!!!

At a minimum they should have their names/faces on TV for some public humiliation....
Yep, A couple of Sound Transit & Seattle Metro's finest.
It's not their fault. They thought someone was taping a rap video.
I'm thinking the security guards had given the ok to the attackers.

Why else would they risk doing it there in front of them???
Absolutely pathetic.

44henry
I couldn't tell for sure -but were the security guards black ?

They had that lazy jiggaboo way about them so maybe that's why they never took their hands out of their pockets.

ALL those spear chockers should be sent back to africa -this country would be twice as nice without them !
Well I see your sensitivity training failed. You can keep that kind if crap to yourself Sir.
They are the reason white women cross the street.It's called fear.Basic human instinct.Tens of thousands of black gang members and gang wannabees in our great cities have turned them into war zones.
SEE YA!
Seattle should hang its collective head in shame... if it can manage to pull same out of collective azz.
Phew! For minute there I thought I'd wandered onto Stormfront by mistake...
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
In good ol' liberal, laid back, mellow, Seattle, Security Guards refuse to come to the aid of a young girl being butalized by a gang. Ain't liberalism wonderful?

L.W.
These guys are paid minimum wage. Not enough to get in the middle of a fight.
Originally Posted by Parabarbarian
Phew! For minute there I thought I'd wandered onto Stormfront by mistake...

No kidding..
Gangsters?

"Gang...plural"?

Whatever.

The truth sometimes hurts, but it remains the truth.

http://www.breitbart.tv/caught-on-t...stand-by-as-teen-girl-brutally-attacked/ ...

What a bloody shame !!! I am shocked and maddened !!!

Fire the punks that pose as security guards !
Fire the guys in the bus authority who hired them and those who wrote the contracts !

I am still PO !!!
Originally Posted by shreck
Life in the big city.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek I hope.

20 murders in our county seat(pop.43,000) during 2008.21 arrested, 20 of whom were black.All this in a county whose primary industry is agriculture . Black gangs from Philly and New York have moved into the area and have set up shop in our small town 60 miles from the big city.

Might want to add the financial drain on our county budget to operate our county prison that has a population greater than some state penitentiarys.

Nationwide problem.

It seems the story is the security guards have standing orders not to get involved in violent confrontations. Can't wait for the law suit.
Those guards should be wearing U.N. uniforms, then at least that poor girl would have known not to expect help.
My thought as well. As long as they were standing there with some apparent but absent authority, no one else would be likely to step in to help. As I said, bring on the plaintiff's attorney. I want a piece of that action.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
It seems the story is the security guards have standing orders not to get involved in violent confrontations. Can't wait for the law suit.

Yeah, their orders are to "observe and report". Wasn't that a Colbert show?
Pretty [bleep] pathetic, What I also find disturbing is that the the words "Security" were on the backs of those nutless sack of schits. Secureless in Seattle?
You people really have no clue. The combatant�s in that altercation were all Juvenile�s. If one of the guard�s had jumped in and put their hand on one of those juvenile�s (mind you that both combatants� were female) they would end up in court trying not to end up in jail and there employer would have hung them out to dry by saying, something like our guards were told to �Observe and report�. Now if one of the juvenile�s would have gotten hurt by a guard it would be ten times worse than stated above. Don�t think that civilians are immune to the above scenario either and if they were all adults it would matter little. The guards would have opened themselves up to a law suit in any of the situations. Instead they are on the news being ostracized by people who have no clue, just like you �people�. If you want to �B**ch� then do it about our criminal justice system if you can call it that.
D
Did somebody say vigilanty justice?
tis the victims fault, she wasn't prepared, I'm sure if she'd lit a cigarette, security would have hauled her azz outa there and she'd been spared a thumpin.

we've even got gang activity up here, it's freakin ridiculous, we're trying to get ADF&G to provide an open season and no bag limit on gangsta types, no luck yet.

once the security guy got on the radio, the real police got there PDQ, not quick enough to save her the thumpin or catch anyone, but oh well, you don't need to arm yourself, tis why we have police forces.
Dbone.
No Clue? if that was your kid lying there unconcious would you still feel the same way? I'd rather face a judge and a jury of 12 for defending a girl being attacked by a bunch of thugs than try live with my concious by doing nothing. If that girl had died who would be suing who while people were standing around playing pocket pool? Thats whats wrong with society anymore, too [bleep] many people afraid of doing the right thing anymore, instead they hide in fear of being sued.
JMHO
Typical [bleep]' [bleep] behavior.

I was flashing back to my English childhood myself. Soccer hooligans, skinheads, steel-toed docs, that sort of thing....

{Oops, there I go again.... )

Sincerely sorry about yer friends.

Birdwatcher
blackdog 1
Yeah, NO CLUE! JMHO. write me back when you've been there done that.
D
Security guards, not LEO. Not a security issue, not their's to deal with. Not that I'm defending them but they'd have to punch the clock before taking action as off duty security guards, ie regular civilians. If they did that, they'd loose their jobs for abandoning their post. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It's a messed up world. If they get sued for non-action the courts will rule in their favor saying they did the "right thing". Everyone knows it's not true just the same as everyone knows if they had taken action they'd get sued and loose.

Only way to do anything about it is as anonymous citizen or LEO and even then you stand a good chance of major legal problems. You can't do the right thing anymore, and you can thank the sheer stupidity of run away courts who've lost sight of common sense for it. In world of legalities there is no justice, lawlessness reigns supreme.

When the right actions are outlawed, only outlaws will take the right actions. It's becoming a live by the sword die by the sword world. And they call this "civilization"... a civlized world... a civilized people.
It sounds like some of you on here are in support of anarchy. Hmmm. Imagine that.

All the so called security guards had to do was form a circle around the girl instead they just watch. They either new some in the gang or were so chicken $hit them selves they were concerned about their safety. I'm betting that court & public opinion crucifies them. I hope they all get fired including the supervisor.
That's what I heard also - that their contract specifically calls for them to 'watch and alert', but not jump in. I suppose if they do they get fired..

But what about all the others standing around doing nothin'?? Ya suppose they're afraid of being sued if they try to intervene? Unfortunately, this happens more often than you can believe.. No one wants to get involved.. Remember that woman (can't recall the name of course) in NY about 3 decades ago that yelled for help when she was attacked and NO one came? She died..

What a society we have today...
Neither are those delinquents nearly as fearsome as the thread title suggests. I was expecting shaved-headed prison types, but these were just kids, girls yet.

Only saving grace is that they were dumb enough to do it on camera. Haven't heard anything about permanent injuries on the victim neither.

Remember that woman (can't recall the name of course) in NY about 3 decades ago that yelled for help when she was attacked and NO one came? She died..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese

That's it... Thank you sir..
Agreed Birdwatcher...

I'm sorry, did I miss the class where a couple black teenage girls sorting out a beef became "gangsters"?
Was it pretty savage? Yup, but two undisciplined, cretin teens does not make a "gang".

On the flip side, those pathetic excuses for men calling themselves "security" could have at least intervened by trying to get between the two. They literally moved out of the way at one point ...
"Oh, 'scuse me ma'am, didn't meant to get in the way of yer savage beating".

Jobs or not, that's a fu�{ed up display of where our society is going wrong.

But you can see in the previous comments here what's really at stake: Lawsuits.

The security company doesn't want responsibility/liability for one of their poorly trained employees getting hurt or hurting someone. And they won't take on the cost of proper training. So they have a non-confrontation policy that essentially negates their even existence. The transit authority doesn't want people to be able to sue them for getting injured by doing stupid things like stepping off the platform into oncoming buses, or *GASP* smoking on a bus, so they hire the "plastic police" to soak up some of that and shine their public image as being proactive.

Not gangsters...
[Linked Image]

Gangster.
[Linked Image]

Not Gangster...
[Linked Image]

Gangsters.
[Linked Image]

Not Gangsters...
[Linked Image]
Birdwatcher,

Your experience base is seriously delinquent if you think "just kids" and girls to boot cannot be dangerous feral beasts.

The inner city "community" variant carried razors in their hair weaves, knives and guns in their clothes, and immitated the male gangstas to a T in gang behavior where I grew up in Detroit 50 xxxxing years ago!

God knows what they are like today after 3 or more generations of in-breeding a pure criminal class during a firestorm of drug-related crime and Hollywood glorification of the "gangsta" life.

They were, and are, animals. A disgrace to those Blacks who work hard for a living and raise their kids the right way. There are key differences that the race-hate talk here ignores and thereby disgraces Whites too -- moreso, if noone speaks out against it.

1B
"Oh, 'scuse me ma'am, didn't meant to get in the way of yer savage beating".

I'm a teacher in a big city public school, this sort of thing happens pretty regular.

..and oddly enough thats about exactly how its done most times grin

Note that the aggressor left the scene as soon as the one guard apparently notified her the good guys (Cops) were on the way.

Through long experience I already know I would put the victim behind me when she first approached, putting the aggressor in the position of having to assault ME before she could get to the girl.

Three guys there?? Shoulda been no problem, that perpetrator shoulda been headed off at the pass.

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
But you can see in the previous comments here what's really at stake: Lawsuits.

The security company doesn't want responsibility/liability for one of their poorly trained employees getting hurt or hurting someone. And they won't take on the cost of proper training. So they have a non-confrontation policy that essentially negates their even existence. The transit authority doesn't want people to be able to sue them for getting injured by doing stupid things like stepping off the platform into oncoming buses, or *GASP* smoking on a bus, so they hire the "plastic police" to soak up some of that and shine their public image as being proactive.

That's it in a nutshell. Whenever there's an incident where somebody doesn't step up and do the what seems to be the sensible or righteous thing, there is almost always a legal concern behind it. In this case it is the contract with the security company and the rules the employees were required to follow.

I'm not defending the system, just pointing out how it works.

I agree that it's pretty pointless to hire "guards" who can do nothing more than call in a report.

Paul
You mean The Police didnt save her??????I thought thats what they were for????
When I was growing up blacks were required to cross the road and walk on the opposite side of whites they met. if they coulden't they would have to stand aside while the whites passed by. if a black man touched a white girl he would be swinging from a tree the next morning period.
The town I lived in no blacks were allowed to get out of their vehicles they would be shot on the spot..

A family stopped at an abandoned house and the towns people set it on fire and shot anyone that run out.

There was a sign on the main road that said [bleep] don't let the sun set on your head in this town.

Yes I am from WV. but I am not prejudice and try to treat everyone equal. eek
Originally Posted by Hubert
When I was growing up blacks were required to cross the road and walk on the opposite side of whites they met. if they coulden't they would have to stand aside while the whites passed by. if a black man touched a white girl he would be swinging from a tree the next morning period.
The town I lived in no blacks were allowed to get out of their vehicles they would be shot on the spot..

A family stopped at an abandoned house and the towns people set it on fire and shot anyone that run out.

There was a sign on the main road that said [bleep] don't let the sun set on your head in this town.

Yes I am from WV. but I am not prejudice and try to treat everyone equal. eek

Gosh, that sounds a lot like what would happen to a Caucasian today if they dared to venture into one of the "African-American" communities in any of our major cities.

Hmm.......how times have changed huh?
Just saw this on TV. How about rounding up those three worthless bastids and put them in the ring, one at a time, with one big angry gang bangin' mofo. Than let's video tape it for all to watch. Could be cool.
frown Inner city society at its best. Adults standing by while overgrown teens brutally assult others. Guards? could have protected victim by placing themselves between aggressor and victim. Victim needs to sue the transit system for false advertising. Security Guards?

Sad but now happens everyday all across this wonderful nation. GW
we have security at the mall where my lil biz is housed, when SHTF worthless at teats on a boar hog.

I've mellowed with age (well some) but over the years I've knocked one azzhole out, offered to do the same to two ne'er do wells that insulted one of my staff, at the same time, (good thing I was pizzed, in retrospect I'd have probably got stomped, they was pretty big ole boys), got freight deliveries stopped for a week after knocking an alarm off the wall with a claw hammer and then tellin the azzhole truck driver he was next and chasing him outa there, chased another delivery driver down the hall after he got smart when I politely explained "hey you, laying on the door alarm is not conducive to my biz" Then had to suffer through his big sister paying me a visit, of course threatening lawsuit.

they finally got rid of that door alarm, what a relief

I'm not very good at MYOB and even worse when it's MY biz.

but one of these days I'm gonna evolve and be either Cool Hand Luke, or Wes Harding, too early to tell, and I'm gettin OLD
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Typical [bleep]' [bleep] behavior. I've had four freinds shot to death by those burrhead SOB's and I just don't give a hoot if my post isn't PC.

That experience and mind set is probably the problem.

If you take action against a minority there are plenty of people and organizations that will make YOU the bad guy and your life hell.

They probably are used to seeing this all of the time.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

L.W.
These guys are paid minimum wage. Not enough to get in the middle of a fight.

I think that they were private security.................
No LE or self defense training, only a radio to report crime.
Originally Posted by PAUL_M

Remember that woman (can't recall the name of course) in NY about 3 decades ago that yelled for help when she was attacked and NO one came? She died..

Over 4 decades ago, mid sixties in NYC I think.
1. Pull your pants up.

2. Turn your hat around.

3. Stay in school.

4. Leave the gun at home.

5. Yes sir, no sir, please & thank you.

Basic values.
I certainly agree that the "Security" guards should have interceded but their contract language appears to be stated as "observe and report".

Federal properties are guarded by armed contract guards under supervision of the Federal Protection Service (FPS) and the armed contract guards� duties are very specific. Their jurisdiction is strictly limited to the Federal property and specifically the interior of the building. (Federal Courthouses are guarded by the US Marshal�s Service and are not bound by this. Also, FPS officers are sworn Federal LE�s also not bound by this, but there are less than 750-800 for over 9,000 Federal buildings.

- If there is a threat within the building they are contracted to guard, they can take action. If it occurs at a building just across the street, they call the cops.
- If they observe a violent act on the sidewalk of the Federal property, they may take action, so long as someone is available to take over their post (may take several minutes to get another guard).
- If a person runs into the building and yells that someone is being attacked in the street just off the sidewalk, they are to call the police and do nothing else.

In this Seattle case, these guys should have done something to break up the fight and protect the girl regardless of contract language. They could have at least separated the attacker and the victim and protected her.

This is what contracts get you.
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by PAUL_M

Over 4 decades ago, mid sixties in NYC I think.

The attack took place on the inbound platform of the Kew Gardens (NY) Long Island Railroad station. My grandmother lived about 3 blocks from the station on Lefferts Blvd. and used it regularly. I went by the station several weeks after the attack (1964) and there were still some flowers there. Sad situation.
The security guards we have are under the "observe and report" orders as well. It is pretty much industry standard for unarmed (and sometimes armed) security contracts. They'd have gotten fired for physically involving themselves in the fight and would have been on thier own for any lawsuits or criminal charges.

It sucks but it's not the fault of the guards. They're told in training not to ever touch anybody.
Doing what's right might not be easy, and it might cost you something, but it's always right.

They, were not right.
Originally Posted by billhilly
The security guards we have are under the "observe and report" orders as well. It is pretty much industry standard for unarmed (and sometimes armed) security contracts. They'd have gotten fired for physically involving themselves in the fight and would have been on thier own for any lawsuits or criminal charges.

It sucks but it's not the fault of the guards. They're told in training not to ever touch anybody.

I'd best not find out the names that stood by and let my daughter take an ass-whoopin' like that gal did. mad

Probably true. I worked as security guard for a while back in college (mid 80's) and I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not to get involved in any use of force unless attacked. My job was to observe and report and to call the authorities. If there were any lawsuits then the company attorneys would back me up as long as I followed procedure. If I stepped outside those boundaries, I was on my own.
"Agreed Birdwatcher...

I'm sorry, did I miss the class where a couple black teenage girls sorting out a beef became "gangsters"?
Was it pretty savage? Yup, but two undisciplined, cretin teens does not make a "gang"."

Aileinduinn, you did indeed, miss "the class." So did Birdwatcher. Either that or you are waaaay behind times. ("Cute" pictures, however, although a poor analogy.)

The report stated that there were upward of 14/15 of these young thugs with the young woman (at 18, you're no longer a "kid," BTW), who attacked the victim. If you are of the opinion that "gangstas" only come in heavily tattooed form wearing either red or blue bandanas/shirts/caps, etc., you're naively mistaken.

While the attack was going on, do you really believe that some of the other "kiddies" with the attacker were not intimidating the passersby, or the so-called "Security Guards?"

You guys are living in a dream world if you believe that groups of young gangs don't often go armed with some type of weapon(s). Doesn't matter their ethnic background, either. Black, white, brown, yellow, or red. It is a standard phenomenom today.

After nearly 15 years with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept., plus being a former member of the Calif. Gang Investigators Assoc., I assure you I know a bit about "gangstas," including the wannabees.

Anytime a group of young thugs confront you, or surround you, or attack you... you are already up to your ass in alligators. Violence by a young gang (or "group of kids" if that is more politically correct in your lexicon) is very likely to take on a feeding frenzy. Violence in those situations is infective.

But...... believe what you want. (You might hope and pray that you are never the target of a large group of "little kiddies.")

L.W.
Originally Posted by Batchief909

I'd best not find out the names that stood by and let my daughter take an ass-whoopin' like that gal did. mad

What would you do? Take it out on the guards or the security services vendor who implimented the policy? Maybe the client who had the policy negotiated into the contract with the security vendor?

Uniformed security are by and large much less able to intervene in such cases than an ordinary Joe walking down the street.
We should all be thankful that most of us do not have to worry about our children being robbed and stomped to death while going to the mall or do we? Most of us sympathize with those parents who properly raise their children in violent high crime areas, but this incident could happen almost anywhere.

Before this I thought my daughter was safe when going to the mall. The good news is that this incident may force municipalities and malls that hire "plastic" security to invest in hiring trained professionals. $6-7 per hour is not going to help those three guards, train and pay one $20 with the authority to intervene and it may help everyone.

No easy solutions, the Jan. 09 BART shooting comes to mind.
So my question is: Who is the bean counter that is paying those three spineless pr*cks to be working at a job that one high school student could do by just watching camera monitors. Even referring to those guys as security guards is like calling a stop sign a policeman.
There's a lot of those bean counters in every corporation on the planet. Legal liabilities, deterence only, return on investments, and fear of lawyers. That's how the world works. Where ya been?

It's "security theater" not unlike the TSA.
A few years back, I was involved in creating policies and procedures for an �armed response team� for a large corp. I was working for. We worked with the legal dept. and got a fairly workable set of procedures for our guards to intervene with force should we have a violent incident. I was proud.

Then we were bought by an even bigger corporation and the first thing they did was dump the armed response guys. Immediately. Observe and report only. Don�t touch anybody or we might get sued.

These security guards might well be puzzys I don�t know. But you can�t blame them for standing around observing and reporting unless you want to blame the lawyers and executives along with them.
Its just a crying shame when the all mighty dollar takes precedence over helping or saving someone, what has this country gotten its self into. How anyone could stand there and let an assualt that could have led to that girls death happen is beyond me, I would have stopped that, let the consequences be damned, at least Id sleep well at night.
After I dealt with the spineless [bleep] that stod by and watched....the rest would be irrelevant. My bond most likely not met..
Wow another internet commando. Seeth on tough guy.

Why not beat up the guy working the pizza counter at the mall too or the guy there to buy some shoes or anybody else that happened to be there? You expect a guy making 8 bucks an hout to throw his job away and entangle himself in legal issues or you"ll kick his azz?
It is easy to say that someone would intervene, but consider the situation:

- There are Seattle Sheriff Deputies in the Transit Tunnel (not many, but a few on a random basis). The
Sheriff�s Department has legal jurisdiction over the Seattle Transit Tunnel.
- The "Security" guards are there to "observe and report" and call the deputies when needed.
- They are trained and required to not intervene in any violent situations.
- They will be disciplined (fired?) if they do get involved in a violent situation.
- They are not armed and have less legal authority than a normal citizen has to intervene since their contract (orders) only allow them to "observe and report".
- If they are fired, where will they get another low paying job in today's economy?

Yes, they could have used their bodies to block the attack while not touching the attacker and if she attacked them, they could defend themselves, but they might violate their orders. I�m not saying they did the humane thing, but their reaction is more understandable than originally described.

Wow another internet commando. Seeth on tough guy.

Why not beat up the guy working the pizza counter at the mall too or the guy there to buy some shoes or anybody else that happened to be there? You expect a guy making 8 bucks an hout to throw his job away and entangle himself in legal issues or you"ll kick his azz?

WOW!! No,,,I really expected a response from a REAL man, but I guess I'll take what ya gotta say......

Otherwise I'd assume there would be a real man in the audience to stop the bullshit of a woman getting beat. Pardon me if I stepped on your manhood.

God help you if it were my daughter and I found out you stood by and did nothing.

Not an internet "tough guy".....just a father who loves his daughter.

If you don't comprehend that,,,then you're no better than the pussy [bleep] who stood by and did nothing.

The security guards were probably the only ones standing around who knew for sure that they'd get fired for doing anything yet that's where you choose to focus. If you persist in wanting to beat up everybody that does not help your daughter, you might think about keeping her at home most of the time.

Got any anger left over for you know, the people who actually attacked the girl?
The security guards were probably the only ones standing around who knew for sure that they'd get fired for doing anything yet that's where you choose to focus. If you persist in wanting to beat up everybody that does not help your daughter, you might think about keeping her at home most of the time.

Got any anger left over for you know, the people who actually attacked the girl?

My "focus" (as you say) would be on the candy-azzez who stood and watched. I'd deal with the authors of the policy later. I can't comprehend choosing my job vs a girl getting beat.

Sorry,,,I'd be unemployed and hiring a good attorney.
No, you'd be unemployed and wishing you had the money to hire an attorney. Probably worried about what your family will eat and where they'll stay when the rent is due and they're evicted. These people live paycheck to paycheck and it is drilled into them during training to call the cops and observe and report so that's what they did.

I'd intervene but I can afford to. So could several of the other people standing around more than likely. Your anger is misplaced.
yep.
No, you'd be unemployed and wishing you had the money to hire an attorney. Probably worried about what your family will eat and where they'll stay when the rent is due and they're evicted. These people live paycheck to paycheck and it is drilled into them during training to call the cops and observe and report so that's what they did.

I'd intervene but I can afford to. So could several of the other people standing around more than likely. Your anger is misplaced.

I don't have no anger,,,until somebody tries to [bleep] with my daughter. Then you have a whole different ballgame to deal with, Scooter.

I'm actually a pretty mellow guy up to that point. cool

I got plenty of money for an attorney,,,and my freezer's full from the past hunting season.

Next example......you singled me out. Keep spouting your chicken-chit excuses for not standing up for a woman....
I'm left speechless.
Then why not focus on the people who actually [bleep] with her? You gonna beat up everybody who drives by without stopping if her car breaks down?

Having to hire an attorney because you beat up some guys who were following a policy created by an attorney in a bit ironic no?

Just saw your edit. [bleep] you and your whole "I'll beat up people who don't do what I say on the internet that I'd have done" schtick.

No doubt somebody should have helped that girl but to put it off on the guards exclusively is bullschit.
Job or not, I'd have to get involved. Those attackers are simply sub human scum.
Then why not focus on the people who actually [bleep] with her? You gonna beat up everybody who drives by without stopping if her car breaks down?

Having to hire an attorney because you beat up some guys who were following a policy created by an attorney in a bit ironic no?

Dude,,,I'm tired,,,and refuse to duel with a man with an unloaded gun.

Are you Maser using a different handle??

Have a nice evening. My daughter carries a .38 S&W hammerless since her friend got raped and beat up. Dad can't be there all the time....and I left out the part about "beating them up" during our range session.

You assume too lightly when it comes to daughters..... wink
Good for your daughter. I wish more women would carry revolvers. It might keep their daddys from having to make some difficult decisions.

For what it's worth, I'm in corp. security management and have had guards ask me about this very issue. They've had the observe and report thing drilled into them but can't imagine standing by like these guys did. I tell them (off the record) to let their conscience be their guide and that I'll do what I can for them when it shakes out.

Daddys don't make difficult decisions when it comes to their daughters. We make quick and decisive decisions.

Good luck with your job. No harm here....just don't be so quick to judge folks.

L.W.

I am a security officer in Australia. The bizzarre truth is the vast majority of Security commpanies forbid their guards to become involved in any violent incident or in fact even stop a shoplifter. The main reason for this is money , they dont want to be sued .The transit authority that hired on these so called guards would have been fully aware of this.

The police unions also actively oppose security guards having any significant power as they want the overtime . Basically these guards were just there to ring the police if something started. What happens here on new years eve etc is if a police officer is with you they can deputise the guards thereby protecting them from law suit or dismissal. So in this case one police officer with those guards to help could havev handled the whole thing . Also be aware that if one of these kids! shoots you you will be [bleep] for life with little chance of any compensation or sympathy from the company. Many ruthless companies hire labour that attracts some form of government money for new immigrants, minorities, disadvantaged etc and then undercut established firms with trained experienced officers. All in those guards and everyone associated with employing them should live in shame.
Originally Posted by djs
It is easy to say that someone would intervene, but consider the situation:

- There are Seattle Sheriff Deputies in the Transit Tunnel (not many, but a few on a random basis). The
Sheriff�s Department has legal jurisdiction over the Seattle Transit Tunnel.
- The "Security" guards are there to "observe and report" and call the deputies when needed.
- They are trained and required to not intervene in any violent situations.
- They will be disciplined (fired?) if they do get involved in a violent situation.
- They are not armed and have less legal authority than a normal citizen has to intervene since their contract (orders) only allow them to "observe and report".
- If they are fired, where will they get another low paying job in today's economy?

Yes, they could have used their bodies to block the attack while not touching the attacker and if she attacked them, they could defend themselves, but they might violate their orders. I�m not saying they did the humane thing, but their reaction is more understandable than originally described.

A little backround on the situation.....Seattle PD used to patrol the tunnel. King County Metro paid them OT and the Seattle PD guys ate the overtime up like cookies. King County Sheriff Dept wanted their guys to get the OT even though the tunnel is in the Seattle city limits. The Countys reasoning was because they are responsible for Metro's security needs that they should be able to reap those benefits of OT.

Well the county agreed to go with the Sheriffs Dept and that angered Seattle PD and as such Seattle PD won't go anywhere near the tunnel. Since the county doesn't patrol it as regularly they contracted to a private security firm who are instructed to report but not intervene. Stupid of course but this is Seattle and the democraps and unions carry weight.

Unfortunately serving and protecting is only a suggestion and subject to the corruption of money.
Sad....but not in my household. That's unreal.....unbelieveable....

I just posted on the( tracking cell phones thread) this info which is relevant to these remarks. 22 police on Gold Coast Australia under Federal investigation for importing drugs, selling service pistols to drug runners , stealing cocaine from evidence lockers and ignoring Lebanese bikie gang(Bandito,S) doing drug deals under there noses in nightclubs. All this in return for money,drugs,sex and alcohol..There are plenty of good cops but there not white Knights..
AcesNeights: Thanks for that clarification. Now I know I will not go there. What a bunch of wimps and waste of money. Looks like scum know they are in no danger.
How anyone could defend what my lying eyes saw in that tape, is beyond my understanding? All jobs have rules that are overridden when justified. Half of the lawyers in my small town would be on a plane to visit with that girl, if they saw that tape.
1minute---Your welcome. It is beyond me how any man with a pair could stand by while that happened...perhaps thats why I wouldn't take a job that castrated my ability to recognize and defend against such blatent wrongs. Nor will I spend time in Seattle. When I have to go I always take my .45. In addition to the .380 which is always along for the ride.
I dont think many defend it ,they are pointing out that as usual theres more to it than meets the eye. This stuff happens constantly everywhere its condoned by lawyers, politicians, ceos.Those people should not be security guards, lots of women and old dudes that cant earn money any other way.
Originally Posted by croldfort
How anyone could defend what my lying eyes saw in that tape, is beyond my understanding? All jobs have rules that are overridden when justified. Half of the lawyers in my small town would be on a plane to visit with that girl, if they saw that tape.

Just thank god you are retired and living in Kansas and dont have to live in a big modern city
you aint missing nuthin pilgrim.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
1minute---Your welcome. It is beyond me how any man with a pair could stand by while that happened...perhaps thats why I wouldn't take a job that castrated my ability to recognize and defend against such blatent wrongs. Nor will I spend time in Seattle. When I have to go I always take my .45. In addition to the .380 which is always along for the ride.

All I know about Seattle is that boring chick flick " sleepless in Seattle" and that Fraser Crane lives there!
now I have another reason not to visit..
Originally Posted by Sambar06
All I know about Seattle is that boring chick flick " sleepless in Seattle" and that Fraser Crane lives there!
now I have another reason not to visit..

Yeah but in Washington state and even in Seattle one can still buy and own handguns....

You've heard how f'd up Seattle is but it doesn't compare to Australia in stupid nanny state socialism....you Aussies have cornered that market.
But...... believe what you want. (You might hope and pray that you are never the target of a large group of "little kiddies.")

Here I was thinking I lived and worked among the "little kiddies"(for years my school's rep was that we led the city in homicide suspects, which I'll admit in San Antone ain't all THAT many, after all its been YEARS since anyone was pulled out of class and arrested for a homicide grin ).

And yeah, until it happens it ain't but an idle boast, but I'm pretty sure I'd react exactly as I wrote, putting myself in front of the victim and not standing by while she got stomped. Teacher reflexes, ya know? Or maybe its the Irish "cannon fodder" gene.

Do we get virgins on the other side too?

Birdwatcher
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

I cant help but think we are at the very precipice, some of you are more than willing to have stood by and let this girl be beat till darn near death. For the love of pete, we have to rise up as a nation and say enough is enough. We will not be tried for helping the helpless, we will not be shamed for doing what is right.
Well its the truth that no one wants to talk about. Everything/everybody would be better off.
Perhaps the so-called "security guards" were from the same gang ? wink
Your experience base is seriously delinquent if you think "just kids" and girls to boot cannot be dangerous feral beasts.

Didn't notice this 'till now.

Just a replay of my previous reply....

I live and work in one of the higher crime areas of my admittedly relatively mellow city.

Maybe because I see so many of 'em, I think of criminal kids as "just kids" too, (OK dangerous "just kids" grin). Heck I live around some.(Important to remember even in areas where animal types are common, most kids ain't like that).

But what I seen on that tape was nothing more than what could go down on campus on any given day. And the girl disengaged after mimimal interference from the guy on the phone.

Which doesn't change the central point anyhow... three able bodied men... do nothing? Not even passive resistance as in getting in the way? Which I believe in this instance woulda worked handily, we do it all the time.

OK, so fifteen others in the pack? So do NOTHING while this happens RIGHT THERE??

Times like that you discover whats in your soul (I like to think I'd think "F--- 'em, I gotta live here too, and this ain't gonna happen.")

Birdwatcher
These guys are contract security guards that are just suppose to report what they see..

Well their company's contract needs to be revoked...

these kids, who are all black ( which evidently makes me a racist for noticing that)....need to be prosecuted....

it is quite evident that these kids fear no consequences for their actions, because they know all too well, that the liberals that run Seattle don't want to "offend anyone".. or compromise their rights, since they are minorities..

The way I see it, is that cops should have been there, not 'contractors'..

secondly, an officer present should have been armed and used that side arm to stop the attack..

and if the little black bitch, kept up the assault on the downed victim, the cop should have shot her, plain pure and simple..

was does society have to continually put up with this BS, just to satisfy the agenda of 'liberals'????
If the dumba-- security guards would have made the aggressors think that he was going to do something besides call the cops they would have probably took of like the punks that they were. For them to sit back like they did there is no excuse at all. I will promise you that if they would have been fired the first time the local news would have gotten hold of that tape he would have been rehired. This Shi- might fly in seattle but not in tennessee someone would have come to this girls aid. You can call me a internet badass or whatever but rest assured ass whipping or not I would have done something armed or not.
Fox News just broadcast a follow up on the attack. The girl knocked unconscious is doing well at least physically. The contract between the city & security company did not specify how criminal acts were to be handled. The security company contends that their people acted in an appropriate manner & are not trained or required to react to any criminal act other than to call police. The city is rescinding the contract immediately & will place trained & I assume armed security personnel. The police did apprehend 4 or 5 suspects in the beating. Still I find all this hard to believe. My how America has changed.
My favorite part of the news tape was with 43 seconds left, the interview with King's County Sheriff's dept. Sgt. John Urquhart who said, "You just don't see that kind of thing in Seattle, but still, it does happen..." Wow, which is it?
Something occurred to me while watching the video and then reading reactions. Just suppose, while the beating was going on, Mr. Guy Goody who standing on the sidelines and is lawfully CCW, decides to "do something". He dashes into the street, grabs the beater, and regretably, things escalate to where she (the beater) and/or a member of her posse is shot (perhaps accidently) and killed or severly wounded. Almost immediately, the beatee flees from the location. The police arrive and sort things out. Seems the beatee was a thief who, moments ago, up on the street level, had stabbed and stolen the white purse from a friend of the beater. Seems the beatee was wanted by the police for several counts of ADW and Grand Theft Person, as it was her MO to stab people, grab their purses then run to getaway on public transportation in the ensuing confusion. I personally, would not want to be in Mr. Guy Goody's shoes since I really don't want to go to jail and/or have all my belongings seized in a Civil Suit. Years later, I'm sure that Mr. Guy Goody will regret that he didn't stand back , take notes, and be a good "observer and reporter" for the proper authorities. As the old song says, Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

You won't get any disagreement from me , the exact reason our crime rate is so high because the media won't state what the real problem is in this country. You tell the truth you are labeled a racist., Like I really care what I'm called i just state it like i see it. Good post in my opinion
Your scenario would likely result in criminal charges & a possible law suite. I was raised to a different standard than many of today's hip hop crowd & I would do everything possible to assist this girl. Years ago I was on the way to a remote hunting camp in the mountains of Virginia & stopped at a 7-11 for a couple of items at about 4:00AM. The older lady behind the counter was scared to death of 2 hippies hanging around. She said they stole a number of items & she called the police when they left the store. She said the police were not due to arrive until about 30 minutes more. I went to my truck for a handgun & both walked up to my truck & demanded money. I pulled old Ruger & they backed away cursing & threatening me. I went inside & stood with the clerk until police arrived. They chased the 2 nerds down & found drugs. I was thanked by cops & the clerk. If this had happened where I live outside of DC I probably would have been arrested.
Update to the SEATTLE SECURITY GUARDS REFUSE TO HELP GIRL BEING ATTACKED BY GANGSTERS.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011039578_tunnelbeating11m.html
© 24hourcampfire