Home
Would you give a thumb print to get a drivers license, as a condition of employment and for any state services to stop illegals use of false ID and to block them from any jobs or welfare?
States could get rid of the illegals by killing the jobs/cash flow/entitlements, then give a ten year sentence for use of false ID with intent to defraud the state. Upon employment the workers thumb print would have to be matched to the one on back of his DL or in a state file within 15 days. If they don't match and not terminated and turned over to police then a $50k fine to the employer. Anyone from another state wanting employment would be required to get an ID card similar to the DL.
I think that would be a great way to end our illegal immigration problem as long as the system was enforced.
If we are talking about a simple thumb print or maybe both thumbs and not a complete 10 print card I would consider it but nothing more. If employers want to hire out of country workers, the company should send down a team to the country where they want to hire from and pre screen the applicants. After they have screened the applicants, then the company can apply for the visa's ahead of time and bring them in with a valid work permit. If these people work out, say after 2 or 3 years, then they can apply for a permanent visa. kwg
in a word, NO
No, it wouldn't bother me at all after all I've had my fingerprints taken when I was in the Navy for a Security Clearance, by the local Sheriff for Emergency Management Certification and for my CCW Permit.

They're already on file both Nationally and Locally so it's no big thing with me.

The only thing that they don't have is a DNA sample, but I can see a good reason why it should be on file.
kwg,
Funny thing about the process of bringing in foreign workers, there is a federal program to get agricultural workers on a legal work visa. Problem is the orchid owners around here complain it is too expensive, say they could hire Americans at that cost.
nope
Thumbprint?

Don't know why not. I have to give one to the bank every time I cash a check.
I would. I have nothing to hide.
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I think that would be a great way to end our illegal immigration problem as long as the system was enforced.

And that is what the entire issue comes down to. If the current laws were enforced, we would have no illegals to be a problem.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Thunbprint?

I'd use a different bank , fug 'em

Mike
In COMMUNIST California you already are required to give your finger print to get a drivers license and I had to give give it to keep my AR50. like every one else in this state that purchased an assault rifle or 50 BMG I am honored with the title LEGAL CRIMINAL do to the fact that I own a banned firearm in this state. And I wished I had more!
Every time an illegal alien is found simply deport them and the people who hired them. The problem would end very quickly.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Thumbprint?

I'd use a different bank , fug 'em

Mike

I seldom get the opportunity to choose which bank the "payer" chooses when he writes me a check.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

And that is what the entire issue comes down to. If the current laws were enforced, we would have no illegals to be a problem.

Typical problem with our government,NO ENFORCEMENT,it`s the same thing with the gun laws.

86thecat said:
Funny thing about the process of bringing in foreign workers, there is a federal program to get agricultural workers on a legal work visa. Problem is the orchid owners around here complain it is too expensive, say they could hire Americans at that cost.

It sucks to be the orchid growers. Either they do it the right way or they starve. kwg
My uncle is an orchid grower (by him self) and he told me there is no money in it any more do to China imports He hires no one and still can not make it , how are illegals helping anyone the growers are still competing with China so the illegals should go just like all of the businesses. They left the country for cheaper labor and less taxes.
Originally Posted by funshooter
In COMMUNIST California you already are required to give your finger print to get a drivers license and I had to give give it to keep my AR50. like every one else in this state that purchased an assault rifle or 50 BMG I am honored with the title LEGAL CRIMINAL do to the fact that I own a band firearm in this state. And I wished I had more!

I've never been asked, is something new?
The last time I renewed my drivers licence I was required to give the my thumb print and my girl frend is renewing her licence this year and has to go into the DMV they will not let her do it by mail. I told her that it was becouse of the thumb print. We will see if I am right with in the next mounth.
Originally Posted by funshooter
The last time I renewed my drivers licence I was required to give the my thumb print and my girl frend is renewing her licence this year and has to go into the DMV they will not let her do it by mail. I told her that it was becouse of the thumb print. We will see if I am right with in the next mounth.

The renewal App. Spacificaly says I quote (Have Your Thumb Print and Photo Taken)
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Would you give a thumb print to get a drivers license, as a condition of employment and for any state services to stop illegals use of false ID and to block them from any jobs or welfare?
States could get rid of the illegals by killing the jobs/cash flow/entitlements, then give a ten year sentence for use of false ID with intent to defraud the state. Upon employment the workers thumb print would have to be matched to the one on back of his DL or in a state file within 15 days. If they don't match and not terminated and turned over to police then a $50k fine to the employer. Anyone from another state wanting employment would be required to get an ID card similar to the DL.

Ten years? If your in the USA with false ID you're a spy or your a terrorist we know how those people should be dealt with.
I have given complete sets of finger prints to secure 2 or my last 3 jobs and prints to purchase many many firearms. Nothing to hide, so pass the pad.
no wonder they had no problem getting the no 10K cash or larger without a report filed to the gov't

that was to help stop the drug trade, boy has that worked wonders???

now we're gonna battle illegal immigration by having every one give a thumb print?

imo, they've conditioned us well, perhaps too well
2L2Q,
The reason I asked about thumb prints is that it may be a way to insure the ID used is legit. It is hard to hold employers responsible for hiring illegals that have ID and SS cards that can't be distinguished from originals. If IDs can be verified by a thumb print then employers can be held responsible (fined) for hiring illegals and the illegals can be kept out of the job market, off the state dole and deported.
ID and employment can be controlled by the state instead of the feds. That way each state controls its level of enforcement, facilitating States Rights.
Is there a more reliable way to insure ID/citizenship is legit?
A lot of banks now require thumb prints to cash checks. So why not for an ID? I see no problem with requiring someone to verify who they are. If they won't, what are they hiding?
Utilizing very simple and very necessary profiling techniques they'll not need thumbprints of the vast majority.

Kinda like feeling up little old white ladies at airports, it's completely unnecessary, an insult to common sense and decency, and an affront to very concept of liberty. Not to mention a very expensive waste of resources.
Thumbprint?

WHAT???

A lot of banks now require thumb prints to cash checks.
WHAT???

WOW... None here have that requirement, that I am aware of.. The day my bank asks for that I'll be outta there after closing the accounts..

I can, to an extent, understand and mostly agree with the OP's original question.. But to be required to give a thumbprint every time a check is cashed is pure bull-Pelosi..
I see no problem with requiring someone to verify who they are. If they won't, what are they hiding?

If that applied first to anyone seeking the Presidency, perhaps I'd be more inclined to agree.
I think a lot of banks require a thumbprint when cashing a check for a non-account holder. They have the right to protect themselves from fraud and there's no shortage of that.
My bank has an ink pad at every teller window, but I've never been asked to use it.
i had to, but it was only when i cashed a very large check. as i do not get to do that often, i didn't know about the thumb thing.
I just read this Foxnews quote by a Hispanic US citizen in AZ:
But the 18-year-old high school student from Phoenix said he's afraid he'll be arrested anyway if police see him driving around with friends and relatives, some of them illegal immigrants.

"If a cop sees them and they look Mexican, he's going to stop me," Berrelleza said. "What if people are U.S. citizens? They're going to be asking them if they have papers because of the color of their skin."

He flat out admits that he's helping harbor criminals. That in itself is a crime. Does the new law address that?
I wonder of the Illeagals hired for work in the US what precentage never had the E-verify run on them or did they have false ID of a legal worker that passed the E-verify?

If 90% of Illegals have never been run through E-verify, adding a thumb print to something not checked isn't going do anything except add another bit of governemnet oversight to something that already not working. On that thought I think that empploying someone who you did not run through E-verify should be a felony with at least a 25K fine.( enforceable at the local level (with the fine going to local government)

On the other hand if the employers are using E-verify and all the IDs are bogus then we need a thumb print.

The one flaw of ID in the US is that it all originates from a Birth certificate which has no link to a real person. I mean if you have a birth certificate of someone of your sex and aproximate age you can easily assume that identity.
Originally Posted by noKnees

The one flaw of ID in the US is that it all originates from a Birth certificate which has no link to a real person. I mean if you have a birth certificate of someone of your sex and aproximate age you can easily assume that identity.

Mine has my footprint on it (issued in Oregon). Granted, it's hard to ID someone by having them give you a footprint, but it does establish positive identification.
Originally Posted by noKnees

Mine has my footprint on it (issued in Oregon). Granted, it's hard to ID someone by having them give you a footprint, but it does establish positive identification.

Ill bet that if I had your BC, niether the SS admin or the DMV are set up to check that footprint. That means I would have your SS card and DL with your name and my picture real soon. Have good credit?.. I hope so so I get a high limit on my new card smile
Policy is not the isuue, enforcement is. No matter what policies we have on immigration, firearms, check cashing or friggin cookie baking, if they are not fully enforced they arent worth a cup of pizz.
I think a lot of banks require a thumbprint when cashing a check for a non-account holder.
Banks here will only cash checks for account holders, otherwise you're SOL.. Maybe that's the reason for the prints - to allow a check to be cashed w/o an account..

IYAM, that still leaves the bank open to a lot of liability if the check's bogus..
Policy is not the isuue, enforcement is. No matter what policies we have on immigration, firearms, check cashing or friggin cookie baking, if they are not fully enforced they arent worth a cup of pizz.

Once again, that's the whole issue - enforcement. We don't need more laws. We just need the existing ones to be enforced. And if our elected or hired officials fail to do so, they need to be replaced by LAW ABIDING citizens.
A retired F&G officer told me they wre not allowed to even ask Immagration status because SCOTUS had ruled that it was a civil issue. Can anyone quote a ruleing?
Allan
Is there a more reliable way to insure ID/citizenship is legit?

The very fact that you're using the word "citizen" in connection with compulsory ID shows how far statism has infected this nation.

A man who can be required by the State to produce ID upon demand under penalty of incarceration is not a citizen, he's a subject.

There appear still to be some Americans who sort of vaguely and fuzzily understand that concept when it's presented in a black-and-white war movie with uniformed Nazi soldiers with Fritz helmets poking a yellow-starred Jew with Mauser muzzles and growling, "Deine Papieren! Schnell! Schnell!" but apparently when it's Officer Friendly asking, "Say, can I see your ID?" it's for some reason understood as a completely different animal.

It's not, you know. It's precisely the same thing.
Big difference between using ID for employment or due to reasonable suspicion of being in the country illegally and just "papers please".
First of all, the Arizona law itself expressly requires that law enforcement officers look into a person�s immigration status if, and only if, they have �reasonable suspicion� to do so. Here is the operative provision from the new law:

FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.

From Walter Moore gets it right thread-
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lter_Moore_gets_it_right_re_#Post4028319
jeez,...to bad Rob Krentz isn't around,.....

you could explain that to HIM.

GTC

Big difference between using ID for employment or due to reasonable suspicion of being in the country illegally and just "papers please".

No significant difference at all.

The fact that the Fourth Amendment started out as an insult to individual liberty, and has since been twisted into a complete abomination by the Supreme Court, has nothing to do with the fact that a man whose identification can be demanded by the State at a time of the State's choosing rather than only at times of his own choosing cannot be said to be free.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
jeez,...to bad Rob Krentz isn't around,.....

you could explain that to HIM.

As I've said many times about the whole immigration mess: the problem here is not that there isn't enough government in the issue and there needs to be more: the problem is that there's too much government and there needs to be less.

More government will unavoidably just make the situation worse.

But the politicians perceive that by making the problem worse, they can use it as a "vote cow:" on the pro-illegal side, they can get more votes from illegals by granting them more privileges, and on the anti-illegal side, they can get more votes from regular folks by promising to get rid of the illegals.

Getting rid of the illegals, of course, will never happen because of anything the government does. (If it does ever happen, it'll happen because of stuff the government stops doing.) Therefore, like the issue of reparations for slavery, as long as the people don't wake up, there's no motivation for any politician to make the issue go away, and every motivation for all of them to keep it aggravated.
i think if, by building one, we left fingerprints on a tall fence along the border, that would work.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i think if, by building one, we left fingerprints on a tall fence along the border, that would work.

No fence is needed.

Make the government stop subsidizing indolence and eliminate the minimum wage, and the whole border problem will evaporate and drift away on the breeze.

The problem is one invented by the government, created by the government, exacerbated by the government, and maintained by the government. The only solution is for the government to back the heck off.
Never thought of that, Barak.

I believe you're right.

You'd probably also have to eliminate the drug war to make it work, though.
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Never thought of that, Barak.

I believe you're right.

You'd probably also have to eliminate the drug war to make it work, though.

Fine: then also get the government out of an individual's decision of how to medicate himself. It never belonged there in the first place; its presence there is what's causing the market distortion that results in just about all the drug violence that plagues us--along the Mexican border, in our inner cities, and elsewhere.
Yep.

Been my position all along.
Well, since the late 70's anyway.

And I said clear back then it'd lead to 2 things most prominantly, more "gun control" and less across the board freedom. I was just a dumbassed kid in highschool. In contrat, look at all the adults with 40 50 or more years of wisdom under their belts. A real head scratcher, that one...

Si,
gosh, barak, the president says you're wrong, and not only does he not lie, he is also a nobel prize winner, so you KNOW he is smart.

*hysterical laughter*
© 24hourcampfire