Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Would you give a thumb print to get a drivers license, as a condition of employment and for any state services to stop illegals use of false ID and to block them from any jobs or welfare?
States could get rid of the illegals by killing the jobs/cash flow/entitlements, then give a ten year sentence for use of false ID with intent to defraud the state. Upon employment the workers thumb print would have to be matched to the one on back of his DL or in a state file within 15 days. If they don't match and not terminated and turned over to police then a $50k fine to the employer. Anyone from another state wanting employment would be required to get an ID card similar to the DL.

Last edited by 86thecat; 04/24/10. Reason: adjusted title

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I think that would be a great way to end our illegal immigration problem as long as the system was enforced.

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we are talking about a simple thumb print or maybe both thumbs and not a complete 10 print card I would consider it but nothing more. If employers want to hire out of country workers, the company should send down a team to the country where they want to hire from and pre screen the applicants. After they have screened the applicants, then the company can apply for the visa's ahead of time and bring them in with a valid work permit. If these people work out, say after 2 or 3 years, then they can apply for a permanent visa. kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 04/24/10.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in a word, NO

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it wouldn't bother me at all after all I've had my fingerprints taken when I was in the Navy for a Security Clearance, by the local Sheriff for Emergency Management Certification and for my CCW Permit.

They're already on file both Nationally and Locally so it's no big thing with me.

The only thing that they don't have is a DNA sample, but I can see a good reason why it should be on file.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
kwg,
Funny thing about the process of bringing in foreign workers, there is a federal program to get agricultural workers on a legal work visa. Problem is the orchid owners around here complain it is too expensive, say they could hire Americans at that cost.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
nope

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thumbprint?

Don't know why not. I have to give one to the bank every time I cash a check.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would. I have nothing to hide.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I think that would be a great way to end our illegal immigration problem as long as the system was enforced.

And that is what the entire issue comes down to. If the current laws were enforced, we would have no illegals to be a problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Thunbprint?

I'd use a different bank , fug 'em

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In COMMUNIST California you already are required to give your finger print to get a drivers license and I had to give give it to keep my AR50. like every one else in this state that purchased an assault rifle or 50 BMG I am honored with the title LEGAL CRIMINAL do to the fact that I own a banned firearm in this state. And I wished I had more!

Last edited by funshooter; 04/24/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every time an illegal alien is found simply deport them and the people who hired them. The problem would end very quickly.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Thumbprint?

I'd use a different bank , fug 'em

Mike

I seldom get the opportunity to choose which bank the "payer" chooses when he writes me a check.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by podunkkennels

And that is what the entire issue comes down to. If the current laws were enforced, we would have no illegals to be a problem.

Typical problem with our government,NO ENFORCEMENT,it`s the same thing with the gun laws.

Last edited by SCRUBS; 04/24/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
86thecat said:
Funny thing about the process of bringing in foreign workers, there is a federal program to get agricultural workers on a legal work visa. Problem is the orchid owners around here complain it is too expensive, say they could hire Americans at that cost.

It sucks to be the orchid growers. Either they do it the right way or they starve. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My uncle is an orchid grower (by him self) and he told me there is no money in it any more do to China imports He hires no one and still can not make it , how are illegals helping anyone the growers are still competing with China so the illegals should go just like all of the businesses. They left the country for cheaper labor and less taxes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by funshooter
In COMMUNIST California you already are required to give your finger print to get a drivers license and I had to give give it to keep my AR50. like every one else in this state that purchased an assault rifle or 50 BMG I am honored with the title LEGAL CRIMINAL do to the fact that I own a band firearm in this state. And I wished I had more!

I've never been asked, is something new?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The last time I renewed my drivers licence I was required to give the my thumb print and my girl frend is renewing her licence this year and has to go into the DMV they will not let her do it by mail. I told her that it was becouse of the thumb print. We will see if I am right with in the next mounth.

Last edited by funshooter; 04/24/10.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by funshooter
The last time I renewed my drivers licence I was required to give the my thumb print and my girl frend is renewing her licence this year and has to go into the DMV they will not let her do it by mail. I told her that it was becouse of the thumb print. We will see if I am right with in the next mounth.

The renewal App. Spacificaly says I quote (Have Your Thumb Print and Photo Taken)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, BigCreekRanger, 9 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.