Home
Posted By: Anonymous Handles......Why yours? - 07/01/01
I got this Idea from Mauser98, on AO a few weeks ago. I thought he had a great Idea asking why we use the "nicknames" we do. Starting off, I misspell assasan for the reason we had a prize fighter from alaska who went by that name. He's no longer with us so out of respect I spell mine different. And at 6'4" and a biscut shy of 300..... it just sorta fits. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: DeerTexas Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/01/01
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/01/01
No particular reason........<P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1497986&a=11300935&p=39779112[/img]
Posted By: DeerTexas Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Bwahahaha!
Just my name. It was go enough for my parents and figured I couldn't do much better.
I love to fish and I love the mountains so.......<P><BR>Uhhhhh, What was the question again ???<P>Tex
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Big Stick; Man.... I can't tell you how happy I am to see you standing with a big,......well ummm,...TREE !!! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Ruttin Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Hey There<BR> I can't top the picture's guy's,it's just because it's my favorite time of year. Even if I tag out before it's still a blast just to sit and watch the fun.<BR> Ruttin [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: DeerTexas Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by texas_hunter:<BR><STRONG>I love to fish and I love the mountains so.......<BR>Uhhhhh, What was the question again ???</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bwaaahahahaha! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Bullwnkl Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
I just woke up one morning and there it was.<P>Bullwnkl.
Posted By: jackfish Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
[Linked Image]
Ive got a 100 yd. shootin range along side my house. First name Virgil. middle name Blaine Thus, vbshootinrange...
Posted By: Rimrock Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Our farm house sits on top of some rimrocks, part of a long chain of 'em that runs through the neighborhood. Spent a lot of time as a kid poking around the rims; lots of buffalo jumps & other evidence of native activity. Aside from that, it's just a name I've always liked, and back in the days when I thought music was my ticket to fame, fortune, and chicks ;-), I thought (and still think) it would be a good name for a band.
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
I took my handle from the little known desert mule deer of the ironwood deserts of California, Arizona, and Mexico. He's O.H. eremicus. I love hunting those big, elusive deer. E.
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Jeez, Stick. I didn't know they grew trees that big in Alaska. Or are you just a little guy ? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: pumpgun Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
as some of the oldtimers here know I am just slightly fond of any pump especially if it is a 35 whelen. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] tom.
Because my name is Albert and I live in Florida?<P>Naahhhh.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Pygmy Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
At 5' 6" (shorter on a COLD day) I'm somewhat "vertically challenged"..<P>I was on a hunting trip in Alaska in '96 when a hunting partner, whom I affectionately refer to as " Fungus Face" started calling me " The Stinkin' Pygmy" because of my ability to clear out the tent by exhuding noxious vapors, the result of eating noodles and caribou meat for a week straight...<P>When I began to post on the internet a year or so later, "Pygmy" seemed like a descriptive and distictive handle...
Posted By: Spike Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Because I only shoot the little one's....<P> [Linked Image]
because i have always been fascnitated by death and the dark side of life so i figured GRIM REAPER would be a great handle. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: 'Slayer Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
.......hunting buddies pinned it on me a couple decades ago(Deerslayer)and I like to think I earned it.......I cut it down to 'Slayer when I met you fine folks and my original had already been spoken for.....
Posted By: irvingdog Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
I used to volunteer to read books and to and play basketball with young kids in the ghetto. It was at a Boys and Girls club. One afternoon, the day I took up hunting again (hadn't done it for 10 tears at that point) some kids brought in a young springer pup. Mangey, flea bag who was 10 pounds under weight and had a rope tied so tight around his neck the skin was growing around it. I took him out the back of the club to pee, and the little bugger blew out the door and nailed a pigeon right in front of me. I was hooked. <BR>That pup is now about as beautiful a spaniel as you'll ever see (if I say so myself) who flushes when hunted alone, but will actually back my Wirehairs points when shes out front. Without question, my "once in a lifetime dog".<BR>That Boys and Girls club is located on IRVING Avenue in Minneapolis. To mushy? I don't care!
Posted By: need one Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/02/01
Sherry gave it to me because when new equipment comes out I "need one", -- no
Lots of new folks have come along so I will tell it again.<BR>Close to where I live is a creek called Boggy. When I was a kid I ranged over a good bit of its course. The pastures were wide the land owners were friendly and that world was mine. I trapped it and hunted it and fished it. I knew the good holes where the big yellow cats lay. I knew all the tributary streams. Cedar branch, Mustang, Langford, Nixon, Yellow and more. I knew the ridges where the hickory, walnuts and chinquapins that the squirrels loved grew. I knew the springs that you could put your face in and drink deep from and no worries about sickness. I knew where the muscadines were thickest. Where the black berries first ripened. Even where the violets first bloomed in spring. I knew where the pear and peach trees were around the old abandoned home sites. I knew where the little oxbow swamps that you could snipe a duck in were. Where the Indians had a flint mine.<BR>I could go for miles with a 22 and a fish pole and a few kitchen matches and a yellow dog trotting along beside me.<BR>Well, boys and girls, it is almost all gone away now. The land has been cut up into ranchettes for the city folks to squat on and put up no trespassing signs on. The big trees have been bulldozed and the springs ground out under their tracks. There are no holes left in Boggy. It is silted up and trash choked from the people who use the bridges as a dump site. I wouldn't drink the water on a bet.<BR>But some where in the back of my mind is a kid with a fish pole on one shoulder and a 22 on the other. His overalls legs are rolled up to his knees and there is a little yellow dog trotting along with him. He is THE BOGGY CREEK RANGER.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
Great posts guys! Some of you should be on stage..... and then some of you should be committed..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
Great posts guys! Some of you should be on stage..... and then some of you should be committed..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: John Tyson Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
I use John Tyson because:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam53.wav" TARGET=_blank>http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam53.wav</A> <P> [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: gutpile Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
.....becuzz happiness is a large gutpile..
Posted By: big hunter Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
I used big hunter because, well, I had to register as someone. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Slamfire Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
Anybody who can get a box stock Remington bolt action to discharge upon close deserves my handle. Fortunately having watched my sister get shot with an air gun, I understand the importance of muzzle control. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
DAMN Tyson..... You made me laugh so hard I almost blew a snot bubble! eewwwww [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: mtgoat Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
Because I can swim like a fish and like to hunt the hollows! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Swift Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/03/01
Simple..Love..Own..Shoot..220 Swift.
Posted By: EllieMae Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
For the new people, I am not a woman. EllieMae is just a little pet name I have for a .44 hogleg. -al
Posted By: spectr17 Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
I grew fond of the AC-130 Spectre gunships while in the USAF.<P>17 is my ice hockey jersey number.
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
Rusty Gunn because I tatally hate rusted guns( and its a cool name, I think).<BR>Before this, it was SULUUQ, because it's my Inupiaq Eskimo name, and before that, it was Suluuq_the_handgun_hunter. ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: BW Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
BW, are my initials. Sorry to be so boring, but it's too late to change now...
Posted By: short243 Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
Really like to groundhog hunt, so 1st custom gun was a 243 short throated. Now talk about a shooter.....
Posted By: Indy Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
Indy... because I'm from Indianapolis. Pretty darned exciting.
street cop<BR>temporally out of the US<P><BR> [Linked Image]
I am 45/70 marlin because 45/70 Marlin lever actions are my most favorite guns.I shoot them almost daily.
Posted By: Popeye Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
I look like him, love boats, and LOVE spinach, hot, cold, right out of the can. Nothin' like a cold spinach and sardine sandwich.
Posted By: 1B Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
I'm ambivalenmt over the old question "2B or not 2b" so 1'm just 1B.<P>Pig. How did a street cop end up in Kosovo? Chasing bad guys or did you ---- off someone? I spent some time in Yugoslavia 20 years ago, but skirted that benighted zone. The Serbs I knew caled it "vukojebinije" -- the place where the wolves errr... copulate. Frankly, most of the others were no treat either. <P>My son is a police officer too and he has pals who worked the Bosnia problem. He has four kids and sometimes gets attreacted to the idea of foreign parts... It's all relative, I guess.<P>Come back safe! 1B
Posted By: Dogman Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/04/01
Dogman because of my love for bird huntin & my Hungarian Vizsla's. If you ask my family & friends they will say I love my dog more than them. Oh well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
My brother tagged me with that handle when I broke with tradition and aquired a 7mm mag.instead of the 270 or 30-06 he thought I should shoot.
mine is pretty self explanitory ,love to shoot my recurves and i am getting better . now if i could get close to a deer when the season opens!!!!! used to use my name-- herb haines [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: blr358 Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/05/01
Handle is in honor of what was, at the time my most recent firearms puchase. Browning BLR 81 in 358 Winchester. This was a rifle/caliber combo that I had thought about for years, and when one was offered by a good friend, I jumped on it. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Mac
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/05/01
I actually started using the handle at shooters. At that time, JJ invited me over, and I'd just gotten a 458 Lott, and really liked it, so used it as a handle. I debated using my first name and last initial, Paul H as I do at Accuratereloading, greybeards and HA, but figured since most of the crew over here migrated from shooters, I'd stick with the 458 lott handle. I guess I'm fickle, as I sold the 458 lott, and considered using 500 Jeffrey (the lotts replacement) as my handle, but I haven't recieved it yet, and can't comment on that round yet, but can't wait!
1B,im still a cop over here. asked to come. seemed like a good idea at the time.We do regular police work,while training the local police in the ways of western police,no fireing squads,tourture, that kind of thing.<BR>dont mind talking about it but this aint the place..email me<BR>or look for your selves <A HREF="http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lewis_perk" TARGET=_blank>http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lewis_perk</A> <P>458 lott, you sound like a guy i sent a mould to a couple of years back<BR>Pig [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: 30-06 Re: Handles......Why yours? - 07/05/01
hmmm. my first and so far only centerfire rifle. and thought "Savage110GLXP3 30-06" was too long and rather unnecessary...<P>also means if i go spouting off about some other caliber, you know i'm full of hot air.<P>30-06
© 24hourcampfire