Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
.......hunting buddies pinned it on me a couple decades ago(Deerslayer)and I like to think I earned it.......I cut it down to 'Slayer when I met you fine folks and my original had already been spoken for.....

'Slayer

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I used to volunteer to read books and to and play basketball with young kids in the ghetto. It was at a Boys and Girls club. One afternoon, the day I took up hunting again (hadn't done it for 10 tears at that point) some kids brought in a young springer pup. Mangey, flea bag who was 10 pounds under weight and had a rope tied so tight around his neck the skin was growing around it. I took him out the back of the club to pee, and the little bugger blew out the door and nailed a pigeon right in front of me. I was hooked. <BR>That pup is now about as beautiful a spaniel as you'll ever see (if I say so myself) who flushes when hunted alone, but will actually back my Wirehairs points when shes out front. Without question, my "once in a lifetime dog".<BR>That Boys and Girls club is located on IRVING Avenue in Minneapolis. To mushy? I don't care!

To young to be this curmudgeonly.......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherry gave it to me because when new equipment comes out I "need one", -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of new folks have come along so I will tell it again.<BR>Close to where I live is a creek called Boggy. When I was a kid I ranged over a good bit of its course. The pastures were wide the land owners were friendly and that world was mine. I trapped it and hunted it and fished it. I knew the good holes where the big yellow cats lay. I knew all the tributary streams. Cedar branch, Mustang, Langford, Nixon, Yellow and more. I knew the ridges where the hickory, walnuts and chinquapins that the squirrels loved grew. I knew the springs that you could put your face in and drink deep from and no worries about sickness. I knew where the muscadines were thickest. Where the black berries first ripened. Even where the violets first bloomed in spring. I knew where the pear and peach trees were around the old abandoned home sites. I knew where the little oxbow swamps that you could snipe a duck in were. Where the Indians had a flint mine.<BR>I could go for miles with a 22 and a fish pole and a few kitchen matches and a yellow dog trotting along beside me.<BR>Well, boys and girls, it is almost all gone away now. The land has been cut up into ranchettes for the city folks to squat on and put up no trespassing signs on. The big trees have been bulldozed and the springs ground out under their tracks. There are no holes left in Boggy. It is silted up and trash choked from the people who use the bridges as a dump site. I wouldn't drink the water on a bet.<BR>But some where in the back of my mind is a kid with a fish pole on one shoulder and a 22 on the other. His overalls legs are rolled up to his knees and there is a little yellow dog trotting along with him. He is THE BOGGY CREEK RANGER.

Quando Omni Moritati
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great posts guys! Some of you should be on stage..... and then some of you should be committed..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

IC B2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great posts guys! Some of you should be on stage..... and then some of you should be committed..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

J
J
I use John Tyson because:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam53.wav" TARGET=_blank>http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam53.wav</A> <P> [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
.....becuzz happiness is a large gutpile..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I used big hunter because, well, I had to register as someone. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Anybody who can get a box stock Remington bolt action to discharge upon close deserves my handle. Fortunately having watched my sister get shot with an air gun, I understand the importance of muzzle control. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

[Linked Image]
IC B3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DAMN Tyson..... You made me laugh so hard I almost blew a snot bubble! eewwwww [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Because I can swim like a fish and like to hunt the hollows! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Simple..Love..Own..Shoot..220 Swift.

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For the new people, I am not a woman. EllieMae is just a little pet name I have for a .44 hogleg. -al

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I grew fond of the AC-130 Spectre gunships while in the USAF.<P>17 is my ice hockey jersey number.

~Jesse

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rusty Gunn because I tatally hate rusted guns( and its a cool name, I think).<BR>Before this, it was SULUUQ, because it's my Inupiaq Eskimo name, and before that, it was Suluuq_the_handgun_hunter. ~~~Suluuq

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BW, are my initials. Sorry to be so boring, but it's too late to change now...

Brian

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Really like to groundhog hunt, so 1st custom gun was a 243 short throated. Now talk about a shooter.....

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Indy... because I'm from Indianapolis. Pretty darned exciting.

INDY
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
street cop<BR>temporally out of the US<P><BR> [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,190
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.