Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Huntamerica - 06/25/10
Any other members here? It disappeared a couple days ago. I've been a member for years but it pretty much died off a while back after some problems. I'm just wondering where it went.

edit: well, the site's still there but the forum is gone.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
i was a member but haven't log on in months
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Same here. Bet it first went away nearly two years ago.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
It came back but it's never caught on again like it used to be.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I used to be a regular over there until the host went nuts with banning people, and he let in all the jerks that were banned from here. jorge
Posted By: geedubya Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
JorgeI,
Seems I've seen that Avatar somewhere else!
Best,
GWB
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Haven't really gone over there since coming over here. Lurked once in a while and it was pretty much dead.
Posted By: KC Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10

For a while I followed both this forum and HuntAmerica. But the traffic seemed to dwindle on HuntAmerica so I just stopped looking about two years ago.

KC
Posted By: RickF Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I haven't been there in many years. Too much BS from the genius who runs it.
Posted By: stiff Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
It was my favorite site,lurked for a long time.The best stories and info,I see Randy Wakeman on Shotgunworld alot,knew I heard the name Rock Chuck before,Thanks.
Posted By: jimmyd223 Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
There use to be alot of traffic over there until Marshall went off the deep end. He was the king of cut an paste with No knowledge. Use to call him about 10PM my time which was 1 AM his time just to BS, damn he would get wound tight over that. grin Oh and I did get banned a couple times mad
Posted By: Otter Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Started going there years ago, primarily to the muzzleloader forum(s). There was a big dust-up between some the inline and traditional shooters and I lost interest in the site. There were some changes made and I lost most interest. I have been there to check in maybe 2 or 3 times a month and have noticed a huge slow down of traffic. Too bad, but I guess all things can't last forever . . . oh well.
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Used to be my favorite site 10 years ago or so.Then Marshall went on his ego trip and it got dumb over there real fast.

Haven't even visited there in 5-6 years.Suprised it was even still around,to be honest.

Brian.
Posted By: RickF Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Don't forget that it doesn't matter if a receiver is straight or not, you will never need to lap Talley rings. Swamp did teach us all that! grin
Posted By: Longbob Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Count me in one of the ones that got banned by Swamp/Marshall. He would get something stuck in his small mind and couldn't let it go. Actually, I left on my own without saying anything about it and found out that I was banned after the fact.

Mike375 would really get him riled up. It was fun to watch.
He must have went to the Graybeard school of web moderating.

Brian.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
The first board I joined (steelhead there also). Been many years since looking over there.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I was a member there and quite active for many years, stopped going 3-4 years ago when it went downhill. I remember HotCore as being a very knowledgeable reloader on that site, wondered if he ever made it here under a different name.
Posted By: Qtip Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I had the same experience as kc. That place really died off so I quit going there.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posted By: Jamie Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I joined over there about the same time as I found this place. HA
Was slow and I just lost interest in that site after a while.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I was a long time member there, and involved in the muzzleloader dispute, which was entirely stupid. Swamp lost his mind on several forums, and lost some very experienced folks due to his "panties in a bunch" mentality. Good riddance.... cool
Posted By: maddog Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Haven't been there in a loong time. It died, and somebody forgot to bury it. Yer right about going to school at GBO, I still go there once in a great while, and Ole Greybeard is just as bigga dictator as always.....

maddog
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i was a member but haven't log on in months
same but make it years
Posted By: McCray Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Ah, the good old days of H.I.S., HuntAmerica and Shooters.

Been over there a few times in the last few years, but the traffic was so slow that it wasn't worth the effort. Can't even remember what my password was to sign on.

Always find it interesting how forums will grow, peak and then decline. They all seem to do it.
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
It was about as retarded as Greybeard's. Good riddance.. Kinda like the Short Magnum board. Whatta joke.
Posted By: ColdBore Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Swamp was an absolute IDIOT!

He knew so little, and would argue so much, that it was pathetic. He was also obsessed with post counts/visits, to try and boost his appeal to advertisers. He singlehandedly killed his own board.

Heck, I was a moderator and got banned!

I admit, it was a hoot while it lasted, having access to the restricted mods forum. Those guys would argue and gang up on who would be the next to be banned. They would ban, unban, reban, all in a matter of days. It was an epidemic!

I don't know everything, but realized just how much I DO know when compared to the self proclaimed expert Swamp. laugh

It was five or six years years since I had even bothered to check in.
Posted By: nosualc Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Odessa,

If you're looking for HotCore, he's pretty active on the accuratereloading.com forum.

-nosualc
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Used to visit it daily, back when Jack Belk was actively posting there. Good site, way back when...before Swamp F'd it up.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I was a regular there under another screen name.
First came the mass bans, then it got silly, and finally got to damn clannish. I left five or six years ago, signed back in maybe six month ago under my current screen name but only posted a few times
I remember some of the good folks that came here here from that site. I guess we'll be seeing a few of the other types now.
Posted By: ncboman Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
hope I'm not considered one of those,,, smile

I called HA home for many years in spite of Swamp banning people I thought were worth reading.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Hi NC. See you made it over here. I've been hanging around here for a few years now. Pretty good group. You'll notice, though, that there's no Christian forum here. There was one for a long time but a while back a few got to bashing Catholics pretty bad so the owner deleted the forum. Too bad.
Dick
Posted By: Tracks Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Originally Posted by ncboman

I called HA home for many years in spite of Swamp banning people I thought were worth reading.

Actually I was hoping you would show up here. I've wondered why you didn't bail on that place long ago.
You will see some old friends here.
Hell, I remember when you got banned, but I promise not to tell anyone about it. grin
Hey Dick,

don't need a forum to be a Christian. grin

I registered here a good while back but just browsed until now. I see some familiar names of old around here. Looks refreshing. smile
Originally Posted by Tracks

Actually I was hoping you would show up here. I've wondered why you didn't bail on that place long ago.
You will see some old friends here.
Hell, I remember when you got banned, but I promise not to tell anyone about it. grin

heck, I'm banned from Accurate Reloading now. I'm such a troublemaker. grin
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
I was a Mod for 6 months or so there around 2000. I quit going when they started asking for money to pay for a server.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10

Me too NC, guess we all got to be somewhere !!

I'd rather be fishing... & I'm going tonight !!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Many years ago I went to HA, but to tell the truth I had forgotten all about it. I do remember, as others have noted, an obvious decline in traffic. I also remember him giving forums to certain individuals, which to me seemed counterproductive. Apparently the whole thing withered on the vine.

Steve
Posted By: Dutch Re: Huntamerica - 06/26/10
Some forums that disappear, I miss. Some I don't. Some I forgot about altogether (including H.A.). JMO, Dutch.
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Used to visit it daily, back when Jack Belk was actively posting there.

There's a whole thread unto itself right there.

Brian.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Huntamerica - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Batchief909
I was a long time member there, and involved in the muzzleloader dispute, which was entirely stupid. Swamp lost his mind on several forums, and lost some very experienced folks due to his "panties in a bunch" mentality. Good riddance.... cool

I remember that too.

HA was a great site, I think my first outdoors/huntshooting related forum.

Remember it crashed? I was curious and went back today. Holy crap, it has, literally, 5 posts total.

Is Swamp still the owner?

There were some good posters there.
Posted By: Teal Re: Huntamerica - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Used to visit it daily, back when Jack Belk was actively posting there.

There's a whole thread unto itself right there.

Brian.

Zombie thread.

Damn, I miss Brian.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Huntamerica - 05/09/20
I wasn't aware of anyone getting banned. It seemed like a good active site but then for some reason it shut down for awhile. When it came back up it had a lot less traffic. There weren't enough posts to keep me interested and I hadn't been there for years. I don't understand how an owner can ruin such a good thing.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Huntamerica - 05/09/20
Remember when Don pulled lots of us over to that HA site off the F&S forums? Don passed away some time after that, but HA was a great site for a while and I was there pretty regularly myself. Good to see lots of the former HA guys made it over here. Marshall emailed me a few weeks back that HA was up and running again, but I told him that lots of us have moved on. I haven't seen ncboman for years and he needs more than 11 posts here. Still remember that pwi abbreviation; good stuff. I tried to log into the Campfire under my old Bushman HA moniker, but someone had that one before I got here.
© 24hourcampfire