Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I was a long time member there, and involved in the muzzleloader dispute, which was entirely stupid. Swamp lost his mind on several forums, and lost some very experienced folks due to his "panties in a bunch" mentality. Good riddance.... cool

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Haven't been there in a loong time. It died, and somebody forgot to bury it. Yer right about going to school at GBO, I still go there once in a great while, and Ole Greybeard is just as bigga dictator as always.....

maddog

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i was a member but haven't log on in months
same but make it years

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ah, the good old days of H.I.S., HuntAmerica and Shooters.

Been over there a few times in the last few years, but the traffic was so slow that it wasn't worth the effort. Can't even remember what my password was to sign on.

Always find it interesting how forums will grow, peak and then decline. They all seem to do it.

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It was about as retarded as Greybeard's. Good riddance.. Kinda like the Short Magnum board. Whatta joke.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Swamp was an absolute IDIOT!

He knew so little, and would argue so much, that it was pathetic. He was also obsessed with post counts/visits, to try and boost his appeal to advertisers. He singlehandedly killed his own board.

Heck, I was a moderator and got banned!

I admit, it was a hoot while it lasted, having access to the restricted mods forum. Those guys would argue and gang up on who would be the next to be banned. They would ban, unban, reban, all in a matter of days. It was an epidemic!

I don't know everything, but realized just how much I DO know when compared to the self proclaimed expert Swamp. laugh

It was five or six years years since I had even bothered to check in.

N
N
Odessa,

If you're looking for HotCore, he's pretty active on the accuratereloading.com forum.

-nosualc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to visit it daily, back when Jack Belk was actively posting there. Good site, way back when...before Swamp F'd it up.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a regular there under another screen name.
First came the mass bans, then it got silly, and finally got to damn clannish. I left five or six years ago, signed back in maybe six month ago under my current screen name but only posted a few times
I remember some of the good folks that came here here from that site. I guess we'll be seeing a few of the other types now.

hope I'm not considered one of those,,, smile

I called HA home for many years in spite of Swamp banning people I thought were worth reading.

ncboman<BR>Have Bow---Will Travel
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hi NC. See you made it over here. I've been hanging around here for a few years now. Pretty good group. You'll notice, though, that there's no Christian forum here. There was one for a long time but a while back a few got to bashing Catholics pretty bad so the owner deleted the forum. Too bad.
Dick

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ncboman

I called HA home for many years in spite of Swamp banning people I thought were worth reading.

Actually I was hoping you would show up here. I've wondered why you didn't bail on that place long ago.
You will see some old friends here.
Hell, I remember when you got banned, but I promise not to tell anyone about it. grin

Hey Dick,

don't need a forum to be a Christian. grin

I registered here a good while back but just browsed until now. I see some familiar names of old around here. Looks refreshing. smile

Originally Posted by Tracks

Actually I was hoping you would show up here. I've wondered why you didn't bail on that place long ago.
You will see some old friends here.
Hell, I remember when you got banned, but I promise not to tell anyone about it. grin

heck, I'm banned from Accurate Reloading now. I'm such a troublemaker. grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was a Mod for 6 months or so there around 2000. I quit going when they started asking for money to pay for a server.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Me too NC, guess we all got to be somewhere !!

I'd rather be fishing... & I'm going tonight !!

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago I went to HA, but to tell the truth I had forgotten all about it. I do remember, as others have noted, an obvious decline in traffic. I also remember him giving forums to certain individuals, which to me seemed counterproductive. Apparently the whole thing withered on the vine.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some forums that disappear, I miss. Some I don't. Some I forgot about altogether (including H.A.). JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Used to visit it daily, back when Jack Belk was actively posting there.

There's a whole thread unto itself right there.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Batchief909
I was a long time member there, and involved in the muzzleloader dispute, which was entirely stupid. Swamp lost his mind on several forums, and lost some very experienced folks due to his "panties in a bunch" mentality. Good riddance.... cool

I remember that too.

HA was a great site, I think my first outdoors/huntshooting related forum.

Remember it crashed? I was curious and went back today. Holy crap, it has, literally, 5 posts total.

Is Swamp still the owner?

There were some good posters there.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,600
Posts18,473,550
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.