Home
Posted By: Ken Howell had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Happy Fourth, one and all! I can't check in as often as I was. Had a stroke Sunday night and will be here in rehab for two, three weeks, where I can't get to MY computer, bookmarks, e-mail address book, etc. Having a hell of a time making this super-sensitive keyboard take orders. I'm thinking of you and hoping all's well with you all. And looking forward to the day when I can swallow, eat and drink, not have hiccups 24 hr/day, can see straight, and can get back into the smoke swirling 'round this fire. C U!! All the best!<P>Ken
Damn, Ken! Prayers are headed your way. Feel better.
My best wishes for you Dr. Howell. At least you are not forced to sit in a wheel chair and drool. Get better soon please.<BR>BCR
Posted By: RickBin Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
You are in our prayers, Dr. Howell. Get well soon.<P>Rick Bin
Posted By: jackfish Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Ken, take care, work hard, we love you, our thoughts and prayers!
Dr. Howell, I hope that you will have a quick and complete recovery. Your prescence here has been invaluable. We're pulling for you;-). Regards, Matt Garrett.
Ken,<P>That is poor luck,I hope your recovery is both speedy and complete. Maybe you'll get a buxom nurse out of the deal(smile)?!?<P>Regards and best wishes.........
Never met you around the fire. Still, my heart goes out....You sound both tough and determined. That is good! <BR>You are in my prayers for a quick recovery. Good luck.
Damn!! I was making form dies this morning for the 416 Howell, and sort of wondered how you were doing. Did not need this bad news. Here is to a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Newguy Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Dr. Howell,<P>I wish you a speedy recovery and a LONG and fruitful life. I have learned so much from your insights and knowledge.<P>Greg
Posted By: ebd10 Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Dr. Howell;<BR> You are in our prayers. --Ed
Posted By: badger Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Ken,<P>Our prayers are with you. regards,<P>badger & family.
Posted By: blr358 Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Dr Howell, my prayers are with you for a speedy and complete recovery.<P>Mac
Posted By: need one Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Hi Ken, sorry you don't get off that easy, get your act together and join us next week, that's all the time we can spare. Need your in-put around here to keep the fire bright. Hope your nurses are better looking than mine were, they knew how to play drag a** with the best of them. I found out where the pantry was and helped my self to everything in there, at $250 to $650 a day I expected room service. If I could get the doctor to co-operate I would get a suite at the Hilton for what they charge and have far better service. -- Hope things go well and you are back soon, keep us posted. You didn't say where you are, guess that's secret. If you feel like bitching about the service to someone that understands, [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [email protected] -- no
Ken, Sorry to hear about the bad news. I'll be praying for you and will have my wife put a prayer request for you in her church bulletin. God Bless you. Greg
Posted By: twodogs Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Well, damn.<P>Anyway, it appears you are on the way to recovery and my best wishes are with you.<P>2D
Ken,I hope you still have a few vices left.I dont think they let you go home until you promise to quit doing something you enjoy! Hang in there.GENE
Posted By: Sheister Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Ken, doggone it you're gonna miss the fireworks in that bed!<P>Make sure you pinch a nurse for me, will ya?<P>Take care and be back as soon as possible- Sheister
Posted By: BW Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Ken,<P>Take care friend! You'll be in our prayers! My brother is moving to Boise, and I keep thinking about going to visit him, but only as an excuse to veer off, and come have a cup of coffee with you. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Mr. Howell,<BR> If your only half as ornery and stubborn as you appear [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] you will make it through this with no sweat. Listen to those cute PT's and OT's, and you will do fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The fact that you were up to posting today is evidence to the speedy recovery ahead of you. Take care,,,BEARHUNTER
Posted By: T LEE Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Dr Howell,<BR>Please accept the most sincere wishes for a quick and complete recovery from my family and I. We will keep you in our prayers, GOD BLESS.
Dr. Howell:<P>Some people will do any-darn-thing to keep from finishing a book project. Enough excuses, get outa there and back to work. We need that book.<P>Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
Take care, Ken. We'll be praying for you.<BR>7mmbuster
Well, we'll be praying for you.
Oh, how I hate hospitals. You have my prayers. Okie John
Posted By: Talus Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Dr. Howell, you've got a big team pulling for you, and I'm one of them. Peace to you and I'm praying for you and yours. Talus/Jeff
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. DC
Posted By: Eremicus Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
I wish you a speedy recovery, Dr. Howell. I know we are all praying for you. You are a great asset to this board. E
Dr. Howell,<P>My thoughts go out to you. Wishing for your speedy recovery, but it really does sound like you have that covered in just about all possible ways. <P>And in the vein of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" I prescribe constant visits to the the 24HCF during your rehab.<P>Best regards,<BR>Scott
Posted By: 1B Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
Good luck and best speed in your recovery process. 1B
Posted By: Clint Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Dr. Howell - You have our prayers. Hurry back, we need you to help keep us in line.
Posted By: Slamfire Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/05/01
I suppose this means we're going to have to be kinder and gentler with you during disagreements. Seriously, though I'm praying for your speedy recovery. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
And to think HE wished US the best! Ken you are the coolist! Get well soon, I still need your help on this project of ours. ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: Bullwnkl Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Ken it should not take you too long to get back to full power with all these good vibes comming your way. The oyster deal still stands this fall. <BR>Take care and give the nurses hell, that is your duty you know. <P>Bullwnkl.
Ken,<P>Hope your orneriness kicks in soon so you can post on a regular basis again. Ain't those hospital 'jammies something special?! Tell your therapist you need a rubber-band gun (RBG) and some silhouettes to tune up the hand/eye coordination (and pencil and paper to calculate extended trajectory curves for red rubber-bands versus the yellow ones). I think you'll find that the RBG is also more effective than the "buzzer" at getting the nurse's attention! Speedy recovery! ~ Dan
Posted By: wizard Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Ken,<P>I wanted to send best wishes, and let you know that this Christian soul is praying for your full and speedy recovery. We need you, man!<P>Wizard
Posted By: Anonymous Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Hope you get out of there soon. I know I hate going to the vet! [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: tronskie Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Ken, <BR> I want to add my name to this long list wishing you a speedy recovery. My prayers are with you. I hope you got in your prairie dog shooting & didn't wait for the gas prices to come down! I am going to sign this with my name, a handle doesn't seem right.<BR>Dave Trondson
Posted By: PhilNash Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Ken, first allow me to send prayers for a speedy recovery your way. Now, with that done, git yer ornery butt outta that bed and quell some of the shananigins going on around here. We NEED you. Come back soon! If there is anything that you have a want or need for, please have someone post it here and we will come through for you. With our prayers, Phil.
Posted By: need one Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/06/01
Ken, -- these guys are not just lip service, when I was in the hospital, I had several long distance phone call from them. Really makes you stop and think, the guys around this campfire are compassionate and careing. We really are like family, I'm sure if it was known where you are hiding the cards and calls would supprise you from guys you have never met. I will be meeting one of my callers Oct1 for a deer hunt in your state. -- no
Posted By: Scott F Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/07/01
Dr. Ken<BR>Add my name to the list praying for a full and speedy recovery.
Posted By: short243 Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/08/01
may God grant you a speedy recovery,,,
Posted By: dave7mm Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/09/01
Ken<BR> Hope you get better soon.<BR> dave
Posted By: dave7mm Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/09/01
Ken<BR> Hope you get better soon.<BR> dave
Posted By: 338WIN Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/09/01
Praying for a speedy and complete recovery, <BR>Dr. Howell. Really appreciate you around here.
Godspeed in your recovery!<P>Mike
Posted By: E4E Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/09/01
Ken,<BR>Knock it off will ya!Hurry up and get away from those butchers!!!!!!<BR>I got this gain twist project for ya,and you don't have time to be wasting in rehab!!<BR>All the best man.We need ya,so do it right and get out of there ASAP!<BR>E4E
Posted By: Anonymous Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/10/01
Mr. Howell, Hope your soon back to the point that your body flows as smooth as the words off your typewriter. Can not think of a better way to say get well soon. TM
Posted By: pumpgun Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/10/01
DR Ken , plase allwo me to add my wishes for a quick and conmplete recovery. tom
Posted By: need one Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/10/01
Ken, -- this is getting serious, send up a smoke signal, flash a mirror, but have someone send us a post! If the nurse is bashfull have her send it to me and I will relay tothe board. [email protected] -- no
Posted By: WPA Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 07/10/01
Dr. Howell, I trust this finds your recovery process well under way! Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
I do not come here that often and missed this thread for a while. My thoughts and prayers are with you Ken.
Wow!<BR>You guys have made a long THREAD out of what I thought could get by as only a one-time note!<BR>And this is only the first of three or four boards I have to check-in on! E-mail box was also full � 245 messages took some time to download, and I'll be forever reponding.<BR>I tried using the two computers they turned me loose on at the hospital but had double vision (and other insignificant but effectively nuisance problems), so this is really my first use of a computer since my stroke (1 July).<BR>Thanks, all, for the words from your hearts. You're a good bunch of ol' gun rogues!
Posted By: Bob.280 Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 08/09/01
Dr. Howell welcome back to the campfire. I hope you are doing better and out to the range soon. Bob
Welome back Ken! Good to hear from you!<BR>7mmbuster
Welcome back Ken. It's nice to know that you are well enough to be with us all again. I'll continue to pray for you. God Bless you.
Posted By: T LEE Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 08/15/01
This is the first time I could get in this thread for the past week.<P>Praise GOD you are back with us Ken I was getting worried like the rest, not hearing from you. <P>Finish getting better and keep us posted! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: BornAK Re: had a stroke � in rehab - 08/16/01
Say, Ken, I'm sorry to hear about this turn of bad luck. I pray that you'll be strong and well again in nothing flat. (All right, I'll admit that I'm being selfish, because I like reading your posts so much!) Best wishes from here, Rex
© 24hourcampfire