Home
link
I have always considered abortion to be murder. This doctor seems to have stepped over the line that even most 'pro choice' advocates accept.
Death penalty would be too good for this POS.
A West Philadelphia abortion doctor, his wife and eight other suspects are now under arrest following a grand jury investigation.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, faces eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman following a botched abortion at his office, along with the deaths of seven other babies who, prosecutors allege, were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were killed by severing their spinal cords with a pair of scissors. �

Gosnell is facing Murder in the 3rd Degree for the death of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar. Mrs. Mongar died on November 20, 2009 when she was overdosed with anesthetics prescribed by Gosnell. He is also facing seven Murder charges for the deaths of infants who were killed after being born viable and alive during the 6th, 7th and 8th month of pregnancy. Gosnell is also facing numerous other charges.

Gosnell is suspected of killing hundreds of living babies over the course of his 30 year practice. However, he is not charged because the records do not exist.
I heard this on the radio at lunch today. I literally lost my appetite. This guy is as messed up as they come.
He is a hero to the liberals though. I mean, killing babies is on their agenda.
That's BS, Mannlicher. What he did- if as advertised- is abhorant.
I'm not sure where some people draw the moral line.

I'd like to get into the head of somebody like that, to see how they rationalize what they do. Are they crazy, or do they have some form of twisted moral rationalization in their own mind?

Then, I'd like to see him fry.

Paul

Naah, he was just doing late-term abortions a few moments later than usual is all. After all, these babies weren't borm all by themselves, he induced delivery first.

Vile as this case is, it does shine a spotlight on the true nature of abortion.

Therefore expect this storied to be buried ASAP.

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

How can you say that, you baby killing sonofabitch??

Not only do you subscribe to abortion on demand, you voted for someone who believes in the outright murder of babies that takes place during partial birth abortions!!

Obama.........Opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007.
I am willing to give even Jeff O the benefit of the doubt here. I think his intent was to be negative about what the doctor was doing, not that the report was bs.
Being 'Pro Choice' though, Jeff felt it necessary to put in the qualifier "if as advertised". How painful it must be for liberals, to face the unmitigated horror of infanticide, when the proof is thrown into their unsuspecting faces.
They're all murderers.

And for those all giddy about .gov health care - if they'll kill you as a baby, they'll kill you when you're 80.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, faces eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman following a botched abortion at his office, along with the deaths of seven other babies who, prosecutors allege, were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were killed by severing their spinal cords with a pair of scissors.

That's odd. Usually, abortionists insert scissors into the baby's brain to murder them.
Originally Posted by AKBoater
I heard this on the radio at lunch today. I literally lost my appetite. This guy is as messed up as they come.

+1.

It gave me an instant sick stomach to read about this.
The murders are bad enough. Then the guy had jars and bags of body parts lying all over the place. It's hard to imagine.
Beyond belief. How the freak has this guy kept his medical license this long?
It is a very fine line to make killing a viable, late term baby still in the birth canal a legal "choice" and killing the same type of baby within seconds of emerging from the canal a "murder."

Both scenarios are murder and the outrage here is that partial birth abortions are legal and routine.

Didn't please call me Senator Boxer take the position that it was OK to "abort" babies anytime between conception and the baby leaving the hospital after birth?

There is a very special place in hell for these late term baby killers and their advocates.
I really don't know how such people can live with themselves.
Abhorrent, is the word that comes to mind.

sick
and note that liberals support infanticide, yet cringe at the thought of a convicted rapist or murderer being executed.
Originally Posted by teal
They're all murderers.

And for those all giddy about .gov health care - if they'll kill you as a baby, they'll kill you when you're 80.
Spot-on.

They don't like that term. It sounds less objectionable if you call a baby a fetus and murder a choice.
and note that liberals support infanticide, yet cringe at the thought of a convicted rapist or murderer being executed.

Spot on, Sam.

Talk about hypocrisy.
Dr Gosnell should have his spine severed with scissors.
Originally Posted by teal
They're all murderers.

That is the idea behind Oregon's assisted suicide law.
Originally Posted by FlaRick
It is a very fine line to make killing a viable, late term baby still in the birth canal a legal "choice" and killing the same type of baby within seconds of emerging from the canal a "murder."

Both scenarios are murder and the outrage here is that partial birth abortions are legal and routine.

Didn't please call me Senator Boxer take the position that it was OK to "abort" babies anytime between conception and the baby leaving the hospital after birth?

There is a very special place in hell for these late term baby killers and their advocates.

According to the article, partial birth abortions there are illegal but he's been doing them anyway.
from the article:
Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, faces eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman following a botched abortion at his office, along with the deaths of seven other babies who, prosecutors allege, were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were killed by severing their spinal cords with a pair of scissors.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Naah, he was just doing late-term abortions a few moments later than usual is all. After all, these babies weren't borm all by themselves, he induced delivery first.

Vile as this case is, it does shine a spotlight on the true nature of abortion.

Therefore expect this storied to be buried ASAP.

Birdwatcher
Exactly 100% correct. The intellectual dishonesty of pro-abortionists defies description. Absolutely nauseating. Maybe this case will open the eyes of a few. Ahhh... who am I kidding? They are intentionally lost. mad
I am willing to give even Jeff O the benefit of the doubt here.

You have every right to do as you please Sam, but I wouldn't give that POS the "benefit" of anything!

He's a scumbag in the literal sense of the word and should be castigated for his outlandish beliefs whenever he pokes his slimeball head out from under the rock he lives under.

For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. (Psalm 139:13-16)
Originally Posted by nemesis
I am willing to give even Jeff O the benefit of the doubt here.

You have every right to do as you please Sam, but I wouldn't give that POS the "benefit" of anything!

He's a scumbag in the literal sense of the word and should be castigated for his outlandish beliefs whenever he pokes his slimeball head out from under the rock he lives under.

Besides that is he a pretty good fella'? wink
Originally Posted by sambo3006
For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. (Psalm 139:13-16)

I like those verses-thanks for sharing 'em!
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

How can you say that, you baby killing sonofabitch??

Not only do you subscribe to abortion on demand, you voted for someone who believes in the outright murder of babies that takes place during partial birth abortions!!

Obama.........Opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion

In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007.

Nice work Nemesis.....JeffO is a lying POS and we all know it. Death sentence for the murderer would be the ticket.
Abortion is MURDER and I don't give a damn who I pizz off with my statement. I IS THE TRUTH, PERIOD!

Correction - a fetus is not a baby (wait! I've got to get my helmet and flack vest on). Also, he killed the mother, a bona fide human being, through his incompetence; he misapplied anesthesia.

I do believe that he is not a hero to anyone, liberal or not. Liberals (BTW) do not necessarily agree with abortion, only the rights of a woman to seek medical attention and treatment. They, at least, want to keep the government out of their (and our) lives and privacy. Some conservatives, on the other hand, want to get the government into our lives and bedrooms.
Originally Posted by djs

Correction - a fetus is not a baby (wait! I've got to get my helmet and flack vest on). Also, he killed the mother, a bona fide human being, through his incompetence; he misapplied anesthesia.

I do believe that he is not a hero to anyone, liberal or not. Liberals (BTW) do not necessarily agree with abortion, only the rights of a woman to seek medical attention and treatment. They, at least, want to keep the government out of their (and our) lives and privacy. Some conservatives, on the other hand, want to get the government into our lives and bedrooms.
[Linked Image]
a fetus is not a baby

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Originally Posted by djs

Correction - a fetus is not a baby (wait! I've got to get my helmet and flack vest on).

Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.�

Jeremiah 1:5
It's amazing how many baby killer supporters won't even view the pictures of the practice they so vehemently support.
WARNING... dead babies.... oh nevermind, they are just fetuses. They didn't feel a thing. View away. First one that came up. There are plenty more if those don't give you the warm fuzzy you seek to know that a "woman's right" is being protected.
http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Baby_Pictures_Abortion_Photos/
Originally Posted by RAS2
Originally Posted by djs

Correction - a fetus is not a baby (wait! I've got to get my helmet and flack vest on).

Only if you believe in the Book Of Fairy Tales.
Your sir have no hope. And your kind run our country..... cry frown
Originally Posted by T LEE
a fetus is not a baby

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

+ 1,000,000.
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
It's amazing how many baby killer supporters won't even view the pictures of the practice they so vehemently support.
WARNING... dead babies.... oh nevermind, they are just fetuses. They didn't feel a thing. View away. First one that came up. There are plenty more if those don't give you the warm fuzzy you seek to know that a "woman's right" is being protected.

Let me correct something that might be inferred from my comments. I have no problem with an abortion in the first trimester. I do however; have real problems with abortions in the third trimester. It is an act of timing, not the act itself.
Originally Posted by djs

Let me correct something that might be inferred from my comments. I have no problem with an abortion in the first trimester. I do however; have real problems with abortions in the third trimester. It is an act of timing, not the act itself.
Good grief. Then confine your viewing the first tri-mester pics. So in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters they are no longer fetuses? Or are you only in favor of killing 'young fetuses'.
Somebody put this under the defnition of "slippery slope" will you?
� Gender is determined - Immediately upon fertilization your little one is set as a boy or a girl. Ladies, this is one that you can't take credit for since it is up to the sperm to determine the sex of your baby. Sperm carries either a "X" (girl) chromosome or a "Y" (boy) chromosome. (*Hint:* You will have to hold off on picking out the pink or blue until at least the second trimester when the gender will be visible via ultrasound.)

http://www.pregnancy.org/fetaldevelopment/weeks-1-4

So it's male or female at conception. Seems like more than a lump of tissue to me.
Originally Posted by burner
� Gender is determined - Immediately upon fertilization your little one is set as a boy or a girl. Ladies, this is one that you can't take credit for since it is up to the sperm to determine the sex of your baby. Sperm carries either a "X" (girl) chromosome or a "Y" (boy) chromosome. (*Hint:* You will have to hold off on picking out the pink or blue until at least the second trimester when the gender will be visible via ultrasound.)

http://www.pregnancy.org/fetaldevelopment/weeks-1-4

So it's male or female at conception. Seems like more than a lump of tissue to me.
And in week 5 their hearts beat. The first HALF of the FIRST trimester.
Yeah, that's why I am so opposed to abortion. Looking at pictures like the ones on that other site make my heart break.

Surely it's not that big of a deal to use some birth control or give the kid up for adoption. Why do we allow people to kill babies??

Makes me madder than hell.
Yeah, that's why I am so opposed to abortion. Looking at pictures like the ones on that other site make my heart break.

Surely it's not that big of a deal to use some birth control or give the kid up for adoption. Why do we allow people to kill babies??

I can't even stand to look at those kind of pictures-they would (probably) make me literally sick.
First, everything the doctor did is alleged until convicted in a court of law. If found guilty, this liberal believes the doctor should get the death penalty if that's an option in his state.

Second, this liberal believes in women's rights. Women should have the right to seek medical care and treatment of their choice. Hopefully, the medical treatment of choice won't be an abortion if at all possible.

Third, it is interesting that so far no Ladies of the Fire have commented only men who can't get pregnant.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Third, it is interesting that so far no Ladies of the Fire have commented only men who can't get pregnant.
It's way more interesting that only people who haven't been aborted have commented.
DD,I dont have a problem with a woman taking care of her own body.I do have a problem with what she does to her childs body.It is not a tick.
First, everything the doctor did is alleged until convicted in a court of law. If found guilty, this liberal believes the doctor should get the death penalty if that's an option in his state.

Second, this liberal believes in women's rights. Women should have the right to seek medical care and treatment of their choice. Hopefully, the medical treatment of choice won't be an abortion if at all possible.

She made her choice....to have unprotected sex.
It's way more interesting that only people who haven't been aborted have commented.

Actually, I came very close to being a partial birth abortion to save my Mother's life. Mother lived and so did I much to the chagrin of most on the Fire and in reality land. You aren't the first one to wish I had been aborted and I doubt you will be the last one.

Liberals will be quick to point out the very small fractional percentage of abortions due to the mother's health or rape. They don't want to discuss the reason the VAST majority of women themselves state as the reason for killing their children (it would be too "inconvenient" to deliver them). There are thousands of couples waiting (generally for well over a year and in many cases multiple) to adopt an infant in this country. In the meantime, another 2,200 or so infants will be kiled TODAY alone. Just adding to the millions already killed. "Civilization" is great.

Exactly. If she cared about her "rights," she would have known that she had the "right" to choose not to have sex or to use protection to avoid getting pregnant.

Funny how "women's rights" is used as an excuse to kill someone who is viewed as a potential inconvenience to their lifestyle. I want to be able to kill people who are an inconvenience to me and say that it's my "man's right" to do so.

Actually, I came very close to being a partial birth abortion to save my Mother's life. Mother lived and so did I much to the chagrin of most on the Fire and in reality land. You aren't the first one to wish I had been aborted and I doubt you will be the last one.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Everyone should have the chance to live.

Awwww.... such the victim. When did I EVER say I wish you had been aborted??? confused It's not in me. Despite the efforts of some to attempt to draw it out. wink

Sometimes that's true but women who have been raped didn't have a choice. Also women who develop medical problems during a pregnancy don't have a choice either although they may have had a choice to get pregnant or not. Again it is interesting how all you men believe you have the right to tell a women what is good for her.
Originally Posted by 340boy

I can't even stand to look at those kind of pictures-they would (probably) make me literally sick.

I didn't look either. Maybe I should bookmark it for some future time when I want to feel sickened and hopeless.

(No slam intended to the poster of the pics link)

Awwww.... such the victim. When did I EVER say I wish you had been aborted??? confused It's not in me. Despite the efforts of some to attempt to draw it out. wink

Sorry. From your comment it appeared to me that you wished I had been aborted. Sorry again.
Tim,
As far as I know, there are ~4000 abortions per DAY in the USA.
I don't know how many of those have been as a result of rape, but surely it is a minute fraction??

Tim,
I don't know how many of those have been as a result of rape, but surely it is a minute fraction??

I don't know the number of rapes either but as a man I have no right to make that decision for a woman.
Originally Posted by djs

Correction - a fetus is not a baby

Lets see now. A fetus has 10 fingers and 10 toes. It has a working brain, a beating heart, and all the DNA necessary to produce children of it's own. It has the same number of chromosomes as a person of 40. It's either a male or a female. It's cells are absorbing nutrients and using them for growth. Now just what is it lacking for it to be a baby?

It's fully a person, but just at an earlier stage of life. Allowing this person to be killed at the convenience of it's mother is exactly the same as allowing a 90 year old to be killed at the convenience of his children. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
Tim,

I don't know the number of rapes either but as a man I have no right to make that decision for a woman.
I'll find that stat for you but let me ask this. Put aside for one second rape and 'medical reasons', are you in favor of the killing of healthy 'fetuses' by a healthy mother who had consensual sex and became pregnant? To use the common lexicon, "abortion on demand"?
Safe, legal and rare is the goal we should be striving for on the issue of abortion.
Rape or incest? As I recall, our judicial system is based on the idea that it's better for 10 criminals to go free than for 1 innocent person to be punished. So why is this reversed to commit capital punishment on the innocent victims of a crime because they're inconvenient?
Tim,

I love how 'men' are so quick to give up their fatherly rights. Where did that woman get the sperm again?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by djs

Correction - a fetus is not a baby

Lets see now. A fetus has 10 fingers and 10 toes. It has a working brain, a beating heart, and all the DNA necessary to produce children of it's own. It has the same number of chromosomes as a person of 40. It's either a male or a female. It's cells are absorbing nutrients and using them for growth. Now just what is it lacking for it to be a baby?

It's fully a person, but just at an earlier stage of life. Allowing this person to be killed at the convenience of it's mother is exactly the same as allowing a 90 year old to be killed at the convenience of his children. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

I agree!

When my wife and I lost a pregnancy a few years ago at the end of the first trimester it sure felt like we lost a baby, it was devastating. Even the doctor referred to it as a baby.

I hope to never forget the feeling I got the first time I saw that baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound screen.
Tim,

I'll find that stat for you but let me ask this. Put aside for one second rape and 'medical reasons', are you in favor of the killing of healthy 'fetuses' by a healthy mother who had consensual sex and became pregnant? To use the common lexicon, "abortion on demand"?

Personally, if I was a healthy mother with a healthy fetus I would not abort. Personally, I wish there were no abortions. However, I'm a man who can't get pregnant.

If I'm to stick to my liberal/Bohemian principles of freedom and liberty I would have to say yes although I hope it would be rare. As a man, it's my responsiblity, that if I have consenual sex, that it not lead to pregancy and then to a abortion.
Tim,

Personally, if I was a healthy mother with a healthy fetus I would not abort. Personally, I wish there were no abortions. However, I'm a man who can't get pregnant.

If I'm to stick to my liberal/Bohemian principles of freedom and liberty I would have to say yes although I hope it would be rare. As a man, it's my responsiblity, that if I have consenual sex, that it not lead to pregancy and then to a abortion.
And if you are the liberal/bohemian father of that to be born child and the mother 'changes her mind' and decides she'd rather just kill it, then what?
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I hope to never forget the feeling I got the first time I saw that baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound screen.
It's impossible to forget and impossible to explain unless and until you experience it.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Beyond belief. How the freak has this guy kept his medical license this long?

He appears to be a Black MD.... Guessing State medical boards live in fear of being called "racist".

Very special place in Hell coming for this monster.
Nah, I don't want to get dragged into this debate, as libertarian I support a persons right to make a regretful and poor choice without interference from the government. Abortion is choice and an ugly one at that, individuals that make that choice are solely responsible for their decisions.

I will say that our our legal system is founded on old English law which has some interesting concepts regarding "animation", "quickening", and what constitutes the murder of the unborn and what doesn't.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/445/Abortion-Abortion-in-English-law.html

In the thirteenth century St. Thomas Aquinas had said that life is manifested principally in two kinds of actions: knowledge and movement. It could be taken to follow that animus, soul, or life, enters the body of the unborn infant when it first moves or stirs in the womb. This became the rule of English law. "Quickening" (literally, "coming to life") was held to occur not at a fixed time after conception, but at the moment when fetal movement is first detected�an event that varies with each pregnancy, but which usually happens near midterm, around the twentieth week.

It is not known exactly when this became the rule in England. The early twelfth-century text known as the Leges Henrici Primi took it for granted that animation occurs forty days after conception: abortion (which was treated only as an ecclesiastical offense) was said to be subject to three years' penance if it took place within those forty days, ten years' penance, as "quasi homicide," if it took place after animation (quickening). The identification of quickening with the first perception of fetal movement has been thought to date from the time of Henry de Bracton, a thirteenth-century judge and contemporary of Aquinas, who wrote the first systematic treatise on English law. But Bracton merely restated the canon law rule: "If one strikes a pregnant woman or gives her poison in order to procure an abortion, if the fetus is already formed or animated (quickened), especially if it is animated (quickened), he commits homicide." The usage by which a quickened fetus means one that has been felt moving in the womb could well be a much later development.

Although Bracton said that abortion of a quickened fetus was homicide, later writers insisted that it could not be homicide at common law. The proposition that abortion cannot be homicide is reiterated by practically every major writer on English criminal law, from William Staunford and William Lambard in the sixteenth century, through Edward Coke and Matthew Hale in the seventeenth century, to William Hawkins and William Blackstone in the eighteenth century. Homicide was agreed to require the prior birth of the victim. Murder might be charged, according to Hale, if the woman on whom an abortion was performed died as a result. Murder also might be charged, according to Coke, if a botched abortion injured a fetus that afterwards was born alive and then died from its prenatal injuries. But where a fetus, even a quickened fetus, was killed in the womb, resulting in stillbirth, whatever the crime, it would not be homicide at common law.

I will say that if the reports of what this doctor did are true, then murder charges are warranted.

The whole argument about when a "fetus" becomes a baby is a silly mute point. At what time does the "fetus" have the option to become anything other than a living breathing human being. It's not going to turn into a puppy now is it?

Clyde
Originally Posted by NeBassman
as libertarian I support a persons right to make a regretful and poor choice without interference from the government.
As a conservative, so do I... right up until that 'regretful and poor choice' kills someone else.
It's impossible to forget and impossible to explain unless and until you experience it.

Been there, done that. Not fun. Wife lost one after our first son was born. He was five at the time, and one of the hardest things to hear from him was "so I'm not going to be a big brother?" He said that through very emotional tears. Tore me up. I couldn't look him in the eye for fear of him seeing how upset I was. I walked outside and bawled. Second son came along the following year and all is good. But I heard that "fetus'" heartbeat, and you could never convince me it wasn't a baby, even in the first trimester.

Clyde
Some one should snip his spinal cord with a scissors!!!!!
Originally Posted by BLG

Been there, done that. Not fun. Wife lost one after our first son was born. He was five at the time, and one of the hardest things to hear from him was "so I'm not going to be a big brother?" He said that through very emotional tears. Tore me up. I couldn't look him in the eye for fear of him seeing how upset I was. I walked outside and bawled. Second son came along the following year and all is good. But I heard that "fetus'" heartbeat, and you could never convince me it wasn't a baby, even in the first trimester.

Clyde
Whew... I can only imagine, thankfully. It was a loooong hard emotional road for my wife and I. Doctor finally said, "Sorry, it's not going to happen. Give up." I'll save the religious experience for those so offended here, but thank you Lord for my healthy 8 year old and for that doctor being proven wrong! He is the light of our lives!
djs

sadly, you are sounding more and more like Jeff O, BC Brian, and the other ultra libs. You are very mistaken on your view of what liberals think, or want. Guess being one makes you want to obfuscate the issue.
This will be an interesting case to follow in the court system, plea agreements and or appeals will be certain.

Originally Posted by geaux_lsu
And if you are the liberal/bohemian father of that to be born child and the mother 'changes her mind' and decides she'd rather just kill it, then what?

I hope that I had chosen a better mate than that but it's the law and she gets to abort. I move on and hopefully I find a better mate the next time.

The major problem with living in a free society where men and women have reasonably equal rights, men and women get to make real dumb choices. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope that I had chosen a better mate than that but it's the law and she gets to abort. I move on and hopefully I find a better mate the next time.

The major problem with living in a free society where men and women have reasonably equal rights, men and women get to make real dumb choices. I wouldn't have it any other way.
So you allow HER to terminate YOUR parental rights/desires? Interesting. Must be that whole "bohemian" thing which I admitedly can't relate to.
Thanks for the answer.

If I'm to stick to my liberal/Bohemian principles of freedom and liberty I would have to say yes although I hope it would be rare. As a man, it's my responsibility, that if I have consensual sex, that it not lead to pregancy and then to a abortion.

So you allow HER to terminate YOUR parental rights/desires? Interesting. Must be that whole "bohemian" thing which I admitedly can't relate to.
Thanks for the answer.

I didn't say I agree with the law but it's the law and there is nothing I can do about it. The courts generally up hold the women's rights over the men's rights. Maybe there should be a clause in the marriage contract protecting the men's rights. I don't know.

In a perfect free society the men's rights would be given equal weight to the women's rights. Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect free society. In fact, there are many who would say we don't live in a free society at all. In our half free society not all rights are given equal weight.

Good point.
I wasn't asking you a legal question.
I didn't say I agree with the law but it's the law and there is nothing I can do about it.
Since you are self professed liberal I'm sort of glad you think that. But... even though I don't know you I'd bet you don't really have that misconception.
You are killing me!
In light of recent news I do not mean to imply that DD is literally killing me, is contemplating killing me or could be moved to kill me due to any of the contents in this thread posted by me or anyone else with conflicting or even parallel opinions.
Originally Posted by antlers

Good point.
It's because the innocent life can't vote and is therefore 'useless'. The guilty life is more valuable since more than likely it'll vote Democrat.
You know in some middle east locals you could get your wish if the inconvenience is female. As far as the good doctor goes a .22 behind the ear seems to be a good option
Originally Posted by Pashooter
You know in some middle east locals you could get your wish if the inconvenience is female. As far as the good doctor goes a .22 behind the ear seems to be a good option
And at the end of the day, that is what liberals want. For America to be more like 'them' (not necessarily the middle east but just anywhere but 'here'). America has never been good enough or right in their minds. Ever. We should bow our hands in shame for all the 'wrongs' we have comitted here and in the world at large and sacrifice our own way of life, standards of living, and ethics to assimilate.
WRRRRRREEEEEEETTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Originally Posted by Pashooter

I disagree with that. It would be over way too quick. I think life in prison as Bubba's girlfriend is just fine and he doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant.
I wasn't asking you a legal question.
I didn't say I agree with the law but it's the law and there is nothing I can do about it.
Since you are self professed liberal I'm sort of glad you think that. But... even though I don't know you I'd bet you don't really have that misconception.
You are killing me!
In light of recent news I do not mean to imply that DD is literally killing me, is contemplating killing me or could be moved to kill me due to any of the contents in this thread posted by me or anyone else with conflicting or even parallel opinions.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by djs

You call it a fairy tale, I call it the truth. Which brings up a question, what happens to me if I am wrong?
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by djs

You call it a fairy tale, I call it the truth. Which brings up a question, what happens to me if I am wrong?

Your guess is as good as mine.
An old man was sitting in a restaurant reading his Bible, when a young man walked up.
He asked the gentleman, "You don't really believe all that do you?"
"Why yes I do" replied the older man.
"Even the story of Jonah and the whale?" He asked
"Yep, sure do." said the old man.
"How do you suppose he survived inside a whale?" The young man asked.
The old man replied, "I don't know, guess when I get to Heaven I'll ask him."
The young man said, "Suppose he isn't there?"

The old man looked up at the young man over the top of his glasses and after a brief pause said, "Then I guess you can ask him."

grin
Nah, I don't want to get dragged into this debate, as libertarian I support a persons right to make a regretful and poor choice without interference from the government. Abortion is choice and an ugly one at that, individuals that make that choice are solely responsible for their decisions.

Here's one reason why I could never be a Libertarian. Hypocrisy. They support the right to choose, but then kill the baby without it making a choice. If they want to support the right to choose, they can have the mother declare that she wants to abort. Then, when the baby is, say, 10 years old, he can make the choice to live or have his brains sucked out. If he chooses that latter, Mom is happy and Jr. is happy.
It never had anything to do with choice. It is about avoiding the consequences of a previous decision.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Here's one reason why I could never be a Libertarian. Hypocrisy. They support the right to choose, but then kill the baby without it making a choice. If they want to support the right to choose, they can have the mother declare that she wants to abort. Then, when the baby is, say, 10 years old, he can make the choice to live or have his brains sucked out. If he chooses that latter, Mom is happy and Jr. is happy.

Do not lump all the coal in one basket.I consider my self Libertarian and am against Abortion.
Anyone who calls himself a Libertarian is for choice
In any and all personal issues.
We are for less government intervention.
Besides who might I be, to force my choice on any woman?.

I am also against burning witches.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

I am also against burning witches.

What's wrong with that?
Sheesh,Paul, live a little, would ya??
grin
Originally Posted by doubletap
It never had anything to do with choice. It is about avoiding the consequences of a previous decision.
EXACTLY correct. All things liberal are about REMOVING personal responsibility and obligations.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
In any and all personal issues.
And THERE is the rub. I'm guessing it's a pretty 'personal issue' for the baby.
I'm in Philly and this is all over the news. He had a medical school graduate (but no MD) performing abortions in the office too and are you ready for this? A 15 yr old girl masquerading as an anesthesiologist. This guy would have never been caught if it was not for the fact that he was the largest script writer of oxycontin in the state. They estimate they he was taking in $15K to $20K a day, cash.
Originally Posted by ROMAC
I'm in Philly and this is all over the news. He had a medical school graduate (but no MD) performing abortions in the office too and are you ready for this? A 15 yr old girl masquerading as an anesthesiologist. This guy would have never been caught if it was not for the fact that he was the largest script writer of oxycontin in the state. They estimate they he was taking in $15K to $20K a day, cash.
Man... it's almost like this abortion doctor didn't have any morals at all. Weird!
© 24hourcampfire