Home
Posted By: BOWSINGER Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
And He Has a Plan�

Newt Gingrich will announce he is entering the race for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination on Facebook and Twitter Wednesday.

Fox News has learned Gingrich will do his first post-announcement interview with Sean Hannity Wednesday evening.

The former house speaker will headline an economic speech in Washington Friday morning before his public campaign announcement at the Georgia GOP convention in Macon Friday evening.

Spokesman Rick Tyler tells Fox News Gingrich will give a commencement speech Saturday at Eureka College in Eureka, Illinois, the alma mater of Ronald Reagan.
Tyler also tells Fox News to expect Gingrich to spend the following week campaigning in the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa.

Gingrich will skip the traditional early campaign phase of forming an exploratory committee and will jump straight into the race with the Wednesday announcement.

Swell............

Looks like the big O will get round two at completely ruining our country at this rate.
Posted By: krp Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Enough of the hippy generation... how much more can we take.

West or one of the young guns need to take control.

Kent
Posted By: rrroae Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Another has been politician with a closet full of skeletons thinks he can rally the troops and beat 'ol Bammy.
Posted By: antlers Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Maybe he can run on the 'family values' ticket.
Posted By: azcoues Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Don't really know what the right combination wil be lets just hope to God its someone with somekind of inteligence- and Loves America and it's People- we dont have that now and i can't see theU.S. surviving another 4 of this bafoon and his croons
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Ain't that the truth.
Marvelous.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
WE'RE SAVED!
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
I'll offer up a prayer for his nomination.

Dear Lord, don't let this idjut win the Republican nomination. Thank you. Amen.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
WE'RE SAVED!
laugh
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

laugh laugh I join you in that heartfelt prayer.
Posted By: shootem Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Folks, you could do a lot worse than Newt. Give him some time on the trail debating the other candidates and then see what you think. There's no one in the race that doesn't have some negatives. This guy at the very minimum can intellectually outclass by tenfold BHO and Ms Clinton as well. I would also suggest you go online to the NRA site and listen to his 2010 address to the National Convention. I'm personally not committed to any candidate at this point to the contest. With Newt it will be much, much more interesting.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Very interesting indeed. shocked
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

laugh laugh I join you in that heartfelt prayer.

Only an idjut would call Uncle Newt an idjut�the average IQ of the whole assemblage just took a 20% jump.

The only Conservative in the race with a comprehensive detailed plan instead of just stupid soundbites�

And a record of balanced budgets�

The nomination process will sort out the baggage issues.

Newt writes great alternative history books. But when he sat down on the warmist-cult couch with Nancy, that was all I really needed to know. Furkim.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Originally Posted by shootem
Folks, you could do a lot worse than Newt.

I'll agree there.

I'd hate to see Huckabee or Santorum get the nomination. Politicians pushing morality get under my skin as much as hippie liberals.

At least Newt has shown a focus on fiscal responsibility in the past but make no mistake, he's a politician thru and thru.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/09/11
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Newt writes great alternative history books. But when he sat down on the warmist-cult couch with Nancy, that was all I really needed to know. Furkim.

Newt writes great operational plans for getting us out of this mess we are in.

American Solutions is so much more important that any of his history books.

Yes, he will deal with the devil to get what he wants; Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, ect.

With Newt, for good or bad, you get someone who knows how the game is played.

He is not my first choice, because we need more than just a player to win.

We need someone who can win and round up and lead the folks with the good ideas.

We need a Reagan�
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
I'd vote for him. While some of the up-and-comers sound pretty good, the last thing we need right now is another rookie in office, even if he's on the right side.
Posted By: AlaskaFE Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Originally Posted by rrroae
Politicians pushing morality get under my skin as much as hippie liberals.

I might have to make that my sig line one of these days if you don't mind.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
We need a Reagan�

We need 'bout 65 trillion dollars over the next 2 decades,... or we need to find a place to cut 65 trillion dollars over the next 2 decades.

Elect anybody you want.

That fact ain't going away.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Originally Posted by rrroae
Politicians pushing morality get under my skin as much as hippie liberals.

I might have to make that my sig line one of these days if you don't mind.

Be my guest.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11

We need 'bout 65 trillion dollars over the next 2 decades,... or we need to find a place to cut 65 trillion dollars over the next 2 decades.

Elect anybody you want.

But the fight over who will take down the sinking ship still needs to be fought so someone can claim to be the winner.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
10-4 what a media whore. another over the hill sweet-talking brain w/o the guts to tell it like it is.
Posted By: luke Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Whopee.
Originally Posted by antlers
Maybe he can run on the 'family values' ticket.

Too Funny! What about he and Trump as a Family Values team! 6 wives between them! SNL did a too funny skit on last weeks early debate and referred to the whole lot as an "Ugly" Contest with no winner.

This will be one funny process as thew cream rises to the top. Throw them all out and start over!
Posted By: Ringman Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Let's go with a total outsider: Herman Cain He can say what ever he wants and no one can call him a racist. You all know only white folks can be racist.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
My guess is he won't be running long after they really get into the thick of things. It will be an interesting thing to see if the Tea Party will support the newt.
Posted By: tbear Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Very intelligent & would make a great president. Unfortunately, a lot of old baggage may well damage his campaign. Doubt that he can win the nomination.
Posted By: okie Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
You can (and many will) throw rocks at Newt but unlike the fella in office now he has actually done something...
Right, and now is not the time to be training a president.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
My guess is he won't be running long after they really get into the thick of things. It will be an interesting thing to see if the Tea Party will support the newt.
I can't imagine how they could and retain a shred of credibility.
He can't win...
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Excuse me....but NEWT is WAY AHEAD in 'intellect' of anyone on this forum...but then again....that ain't sayin much!!

But he's way ahead of anything in DC today...or elsewhere!!
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
He can't win...
Nope.
I can't imagine how they could and retain a shred of credibility.

No they won't...he's one of the reasons the TPP formed...The good old boy days are a thing of the past...maybe not this election cycle but eventually the Republican party is gonna WTFU & realize the voters are tired of the same old schitt...
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Yeah, he's got baggage, and he did do that thing with Pelosi (although I'm betting he had some evil thoughts doing it).
He IS a politician through and through, but he's like a cat that ate the canary when it comes to dealing with Demoscats. He always made them feel like they were winning something, when all the while Newt was giving them a dry one.

Dennis Miller calls him the smartest guy in any room, and that's coming from one of the smartest guys in any room.
Barry in a debate with Newt would be fun to watch.

Newt only runs for President because it increases the amount he can charge for speaking engagements,...just like Palin.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-president-ann-coulter-newt-video-2011-2

ANN COULTER: Sarah Palin Only Pretending To Run For President Because Newt Said Her Speaking Fees Would Go Up

I think Sarah Palin should keep doing what she's doing....I think she's saying [she'd consider running] because Newt Gingrich told her she'd get higher speaking fees.

Posted By: derby_dude Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
We need a Reagan…

Elect anybody you want.

DITTOS!

The Titanic is sinking and we are arguing who's going to man the wheel house on the way down.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Yeah.......not!
Posted By: rkamp Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Newt only runs for President because it increases the amount he can charge for speaking engagements,...just like Palin.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-president-ann-coulter-newt-video-2011-2

ANN COULTER: Sarah Palin Only Pretending To Run For President Because Newt Said Her Speaking Fees Would Go Up

I think Sarah Palin should keep doing what she's doing....I think she's saying [she'd consider running] because Newt Gingrich told her she'd get higher speaking fees.

My toes are crossed in hope that Bristol Palin will be the VP selection.

Phueeeukkkk! I can just hear the PR firms, lawyers, and accountants working out the details trying to time this announcement with Kate and Sarah's liposuction procedure.

Cha Ching!

Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
We need a Reagan…

Elect anybody you want.

65 trillion dollars?
You need a man with a plan.

You need to look at our debt as a percentage of GNP and realize that while the idjuts in Washington are trying their best to break the 1946 record of 128% we aren�t quite there yet.

We fixed it before and can do it again if someone has a good plan like Newt:

Focus on Job Creation

Washington is focused on the wrong issues.

The number one problem in America is the lack of economic growth required to create jobs.
Americans are in pain from unemployment, the collapse of housing values, and the rising cost of gasoline and other commodities.

It is impossible to balance the budget at 8 or 9 % unemployment. If we add those who are underemployed or who have dropped out of the job market, this more inclusive unemployment rate (U-6) is nearly 16%. Job creation is the most important step to balancing the budget, so we can move the millions of people consuming tax revenue off unemployment and welfare into jobs where they are being productive and paying taxes.

The March report that 42.1% of African American teenagers were unemployed is a warning about a social crisis of enormous pain and destruction. When nearly half of a group of people cannot find work, there will be tremendous social and personal costs. Some of our greatest cities are becoming ghost towns as economic decay and joblessness destroy the very fabric of the community.

The pain of unemployment is being compounded by inflation. Even those with jobs increasingly can�t afford to fill up the tank of their car or truck. So people are in pain as earners and as customers.

The leading cause of the rising cost of gasoline is a destructive Federal Reserve System. The Bernanke policy of printing money is setting the stage for massive inflation. Cheap dollars become expensive oil, gold, silver and other commodities. Expensive oil translates into expensive food since energy is vital to food production, processing and distribution.

We have been here before. In the late 1970's, President Jimmy Carter's destructive policies led to stagflation.
Stagflation was the combination of economic decline with inflation.

Traditional economists did not know what to do.

Every time they stimulated the economy by increasing the money supply it led to rising interest rates and inflation. The rising interest rates then cut off economic growth and pushed Americans back into unemployment.

Congressman Jack Kemp, economist Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal writer Jude Wanniski developed a model of "supply side" economics which mopped up the inflation with a combination of tax cuts, deregulation, constant reinforcement of entrepreneurs and investors and a bold change in Federal Reserve policy to promote a stable dollar.

Washington today must undertake five parallel policies designed to create jobs, put Americans back to work, rebuild the housing market and cut off inflation before it grows out of control:

1. Pass a powerful tax cut and regulatory reform package designed to launch a decade of job creation and economic growth;

2. Pass an American energy program that creates jobs here at home. An American energy program would not just create jobs in the energy sector. Lowering the cost of gasoline, heating oil, and electricity would stimulate job creation throughout the economy;

3. Repeal Obamacare before it does permanent damage to our health system and economy;

4. Bring the Federal Reserve under control by insisting on a sound dollar policy and by exposing and investigating the billions in secret deals the Fed used to shift money to giant foreign and American banks;

5. Cut spending decisively to create the fiscal space for a pro-growth economic policy.
As the Congress approaches the debt ceiling debate and other future confrontations with the Obama Administration, it must make sure job creation is the number one focus.
America only works when Americans are working. That is the heart of our current crisis.

Newt has a plan; anyone got a better one?

Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Obviously, I'm not the only one here who's in dire need of a brain transplant.

And whoever said that misery loves company was miles off the mark.
Newt thinks he can get it since the gop is scraping the bottom of the barrel
Posted By: Karnis Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Personally, I don't want Newt to run.

That being said, if Newt ends up at the top of the ticket all of us better be voting and voting often. Otherwise, you will see complete destruction of what little we have left.

An example: do you really think the paki's would be telling the US to "watch out" if they ever come across the border again if we didn't have a ball massager on Penna Ave. ? Forget about his willful disregard for all things US (sure-go ahead and send them guns over the border-that will help with my GC agenda).

Everyone better be thinking about their families and their future. It does NOT REST WITH THE JOCKEY, Valerie J, Van J, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, Reid, Frank, etc.

99% of the people on this board have not seen, first hand, what political correctness, agendas and corruption can do to destroy a country. I have. You think you are frustrated now and not sure what to do? You haven't seen anything yet. Next term the real pros will come knocking.

Rant over.
Posted By: gbp Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
all i will say is that the republican party better come up with someone that can unite the party and quit with all of these people that only own a fraction of the Conservative cause.

How many Does this make it on the republican ticket?

imho, half of whats on the ticket will only divide the other half and we'll lose again
He can't win...
Nope.
at least obama talks a good game. newt can't even sound pissed about open borders
that's for sure
Originally Posted by eyeball
He can't win...
Nope.
at least obama talks a good game. newt can't even sound pissed about open borders

Dreams, dream, dreamers, dreaming, dreamily, dream t,
.... more to follow.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
We're all gallumpin' 'round the barn as if the two crucial facts are just one. The TWO are incontrovertible.

� The candidate who's most likely to win isn't going to be without serious flaws.

� The sorriest Republican candidate will be a better choice than the best Demoncrat candidate.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
We're all gallumpin' 'round the barn as if the two crucial facts are just one. The TWO are incontrovertible.

� The candidate who's most likely to win isn't going to be without serious flaws.

� The sorriest Republican candidate will be a better choice than the best Demoncrat candidate.

Be careful what you wish for. The last [bleep] for brains 2 term Rep. Pres. elect catapulted the current POUS into office. Your persistent lowest common denominator strategy may well put Pervez Musharraf in office the next go around.

Posted By: watch4bear Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11

Boy howdy.
Originally Posted by rkamp

Be careful what you wish for. The last [bleep] for brains 2 term Rep. Pres. elect catapulted the current POUS into office. Your persistent lowest common denominator strategy may well put Pervez Musharraf in office the next go around.

True but then look at the [bleep] he ran against. The left as a whole thought they were really voting against Bush the moderate. But guess what his name wasn't even on the ballot. No if you have brains you vote for the people on the ballot not against the ones that aren't.

Obama is toast unless he can pull a real load of economy out of his ass! With his fiscal policy that isn't going to happen.
Newt has a plan�IMMIGRATION:

Control the Border First by Newt Gingrich Posted 05/12/2010 ET
"Control the border first" ought to be the battle cry of every citizen who is tired of leftwing elites trying to use charges of racism to blackmail us into accepting perpetually unsecured borders and amnesty for millions.
�Control the border first� is the legitimate demand of Americans concerned about national security and personal safety.
The President, as Commander in Chief, has a constitutional obligation to control the border.
However, instead of executing this duty, he has actually blocked the limited efforts of the Bush Administration, stopping the construction of a �virtual fence� until more studies can be done as to its effectiveness.
The fact that President Obama refuses to fulfill his national security obligations and instead is trying to arouse public fear and divide the country is a dereliction of duty and a betrayal of his Oath of Office.�
�I voted for and President Reagan signed the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration act of 1986 because we were promised:
1. Control of the border;
2. A practical, viable guest-worker program to offer a legal avenue to economic opportunity; and
3. A tough policy with American employers who broke the law for their own enrichment.
In return, the Simpson-Mazzoli Act was supposed to grant amnesty to what was then estimated to be 300,000 people.
The total number of people amnestied turned out to be 3 million.
Having given amnesty and gotten nothing in return, the American people are increasingly angry about their federal government's failure to do its job.
The Arizona law was a reaction to Washington's failure to protect America and keep Americans safe.�

The right answer for Washington is to meet its responsibilities: 1) Control the border; 2) Pass common sense immigration reform, including a guest worker program and intense enforcement aimed at illegal employers (without whom there would be no magnet to draw in people outside the law); and 3) Ensure that all Americans can live in safety in a law abiding country.
At that point the Arizona law would become moot and unneeded. Let's solve the problem, not the symptom.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
intense enforcement aimed at illegal employers (without whom there would be no magnet to draw in people outside the law)

OK. He better promise tough on Americans that hire illegals. A little prison time for those employers, and he'll have my vote.

I've said this many times before, "Newt would be the best President since Reagan, maybe better". Problem is I don't think he can beat BHO, not sure anyone can.

I have been and am still of the opinion that Romney will be the nominee. Notice I am not endorsing him or anyone else.

My toes are crossed in hope that Bristol Palin will be the VP selection.

Phueeeukkkk! I can just hear the PR firms, lawyers, and accountants working out the details trying to time this announcement with Kate and Sarah's liposuction procedure.

Cha Ching!

You just insured the Palins make another million this year. Thanks from the Palin family.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I've said this many times before, "Newt would be the best President since Reagan, maybe better". Problem is I don't think he can beat BHO, not sure anyone can.

I have been and am still of the opinion that Romney will be the nominee. Notice I am not endorsing him or anyone else.

Romney all you have to do is look in the mirror and say Romneycare. If your face doesn't wrinkle up you know you're and moderate and can stomach voting for him. Just tell yourself he's electable.
The other side of the "Hope and Change" coin is rampant in frustrated conservatives, just like it was in frustrated liberals prior to Obama's election. We are in desparate need of an experienced statesman right now, not another rock star.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Newt has a plan…IMMIGRATION:

"Control the border first" ought to be the battle cry of every citizen who is tired of leftwing elites trying to use charges of racism to blackmail us into accepting perpetually unsecured borders and amnesty for millions.
“Control the border first” is the legitimate demand of Americans concerned about national security and personal safety.
The President, as Commander in Chief, has a constitutional obligation to control the border.
However, instead of executing this duty, he has actually blocked the limited efforts of the Bush Administration, stopping the construction of a “virtual fence” until more studies can be done as to its effectiveness.
The fact that President Obama refuses to fulfill his national security obligations and instead is trying to arouse public fear and divide the country is a dereliction of duty and a betrayal of his Oath of Office.”
“I voted for and President Reagan signed the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration act of 1986 because we were promised:
2. A practical, viable guest-worker program to offer a legal avenue to economic opportunity; and
3. A tough policy with American employers who broke the law for their own enrichment.
In return, the Simpson-Mazzoli Act was supposed to grant amnesty to what was then estimated to be 300,000 people.
Having given amnesty and gotten nothing in return, the American people are increasingly angry about their federal government's failure to do its job.
The Arizona law was a reaction to Washington's failure to protect America and keep Americans safe.”

The right answer for Washington is to meet its responsibilities: 1) Control the border; 2) Pass common sense immigration reform, including a guest worker program and intense enforcement aimed at illegal employers (without whom there would be no magnet to draw in people outside the law); and 3) Ensure that all Americans can live in safety in a law abiding country.
At that point the Arizona law would become moot and unneeded. Let's solve the problem, not the symptom.

That's pretty damned funny, considering that he was saying just the opposite six months ago. Fuggem, he won't get my vote, no way, no friggin' how.
He can only turn himself inside out so many times before everyone sees him for what he is.

Romney all you have to do is look in the mirror and say Romneycare. If your face doesn't wrinkle up you know you're and moderate and can stomach voting for him. Just tell yourself he's electable.

Saying Romney will be the nominee and saying Romney will be elected are two entirely different statements. Of the present mob I say he has the best chance of beating BHO.

Notice: I am not endorsing Romney or anyone else at this time.
Posted By: westoakland Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Umm, lets see:
acknowledged marital infidelity, two divorces,
perhaps, on another level, even worse - quoted as saying he�d do a climate change commercial with Al Gore - you know, the left�s primary excuse for implementing a socialist policy of wealth redistribution and social engineering -
- to me, just another warmed-over career politician - certainly not a conservative, heck, not even human!
hope he goes down in flames!

Posted By: GeauxLSU Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
As a conservative from his home turf of Georgia (aka his 'target audience/base')... he will not get my vote. I really REALLY hope he is not the nominee.

Saying Romney will be the nominee and saying Romney will be elected are two entirely different statements. Of the present mob I say he has the best chance of beating BHO.

Notice: I am not endorsing Romney or anyone else at this time.

Romney is a miserable failure from the left (RINO) his failing costly socialist medical reform proves it beyond debate.
Posted By: duckster Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Just curious, to all those that would not vote for him, who should the Republicans put up? I am not flaming, just asking.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Excuse me....but NEWT is WAY AHEAD in 'intellect' of anyone on this forum...but then again....that ain't sayin much!!

But he's way ahead of anything in DC today...or elsewhere!!

His lack of morals are his biggest down fall. Slime all the way!
Originally Posted by duckster
Just curious, to all those that would not vote for him, who should the Republicans put up? I am not flaming, just asking.
Ron Paul.

True but then look at the [bleep] he ran against. The left as a whole thought they were really voting against Bush the moderate. But guess what his name wasn't even on the ballot. No if you have brains you vote for the people on the ballot not against the ones that aren't.

Obama is toast unless he can pull a real load of economy out of his ass! With his fiscal policy that isn't going to happen.

I would love to see the GOP put up a good candidate but after seeing who had entered the race Obama will have a walk through! I love a competitive race but looking at the GOP group at the top of the list right now there is little chance in hell any of them will make it past SC let alone the general election.
Posted By: hatari Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Can someone around here please consider Party and Campaign strategy at work here for a minute?

You want to get rid of a popular Obama? How are you going to do it?

- Attack him on his record, on his policies, and his leadership.
- You better hit this from as many fronts as possible, and use as many voices as possible.
- You better start early early and attack often.
- You better hit him with different voices coming from different angles. Make Obama go on the defensive as much as possible in hopes he will slip up and/or crack from the pressure.

George H W Bush was defeated not by the relatively unknown Bill Klinton, as much as he was by attacks by Pat Buchannan and H. Ross Perot. They started slinging the mud and probing Bush's armor for chinks 9 -12 months before Clinton ever got the nomination. The wolf pack concept. Run him down and attack from all sides.

You want Newt, Sarah, Allen, Chris, or any of your other favorites out and running against Obama. Wear him down incrementally long before the actual campaign begins against the GOP nominee. Soften him up. If you want conservative politics, then drive the debate that way early and often.

Newt is a Conservative voice that can attack Obama, and run rings around him in debate. Newt knows the role and workings of Washington better than Obama. He is a tough foe, and will take much energy to defend against.

Newt has no real delusions of being President. Don't know if he really wants the headache. He wants to influence the debate and the issues that will drive the election. he wants his ideas in the public mind, with hope that should his campaign die, his ideas will be carried by others.
Posted By: hatari Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Got to love this PC word checker Ric has. I got Bleeped for using the word:

Chink: A narrow opening, such as a crack or fissure. To make narrow openings in. To fill narrow openings in.

Can you guess what it was?

Newt has a plan…IMMIGRATION:

“Control the border first” is the legitimate demand of Americans concerned about national security and personal safety.
However, instead of executing this duty, he has actually blocked the limited efforts of the Bush Administration, stopping the construction of a “virtual fence” until more studies can be done as to its effectiveness.
The fact that President Obama refuses to fulfill his national security obligations and instead is trying to arouse public fear and divide the country is a dereliction of duty and a betrayal of his Oath of Office.”
“I voted for and President Reagan signed the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration act of 1986 because we were promised:
The Arizona law was a reaction to Washington's failure to protect America and keep Americans safe.”

That's pretty damned funny, considering that he was saying just the opposite six months ago. Fuggem, he won't get my vote, no way, no friggin' how.
He can only turn himself inside out so many times before everyone sees him for what he is.

I don�t believe that Newt was saying just the opposite six months ago.

Post it.
Posted By: coltchris Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
When the dust settles, its going to boil down to the least of two evils! You can either vote for the current azzhole or the Republican nominee. Voting for a third party that more perfectly fits our values will only re-elect the current POS and completely destroy America and our values. We could do worse than Newt.
Newt is trumpeting his new standing as a reliable family man,

Seeking political redemption, Gingrich plays up his wife
By Holly Bailey

As Newt Gingrich prepares at last to officially launch his White House bid Wednesday, expect one item on the former House Speaker's resume to play an especially prominent role: his marriage.
As the New York Times' Sheryl Gay Stolberg notes today, Gingrich's third wife, Callista, is taking on a major part of her husband's White House bid as he seeks to push back against what could be one of his key vulnerabilities in his upcoming campaign: his history as a philandering husband.
As The Ticket has previously reported, Gingrich faces a tricky balancing act. On one hand, he is trying to recast his image as a happily married man--and father and grandfather, as he frequently notes. But in trumpeting his new standing as a reliable family man, he's also playing up his relationship with the woman with whom he cheated on his second wife, Marianne, who last year accused her ex-husband of trying to rewrite history in characterizing the couple's break-up.
These days, Gingrich rarely makes a political move without Callista, a former Capitol Hill staffer whom the former GOP lawmaker became extramaritally involved with while he was still speaker of the House. She's a constant presence at his side, is featured prominently on his "exploratory phase" website and, as the Times notes, is frequently cited by Gingrich, who constantly begins his sentences with the phrase, "Callista and I."
Yet Callista Gingrich has rarely spoken about her views of the campaign. Asked at a recent event if she's ready for the scrutiny the GOP primary will surely bring on their relationship, Gingrich wore a frozen smile as her husband answered for her, Stolberg writes. "Seems to be," the former House speaker declared.
In public appearances and in targeted interviews with conservative media, including the Christian Broadcasting Network, Gingrich has repeatedly offered mea culpas for his past marital infidelities, saying they were caused, in part, because he was ambitious and "worked too hard."
In an interview with Fox News Sunday in late March, he reiterated that he believes God has forgiven him for his mistakes, but he acknowledged that he might not receive the same treatment from voters. He called questions about his character "legitimate"�though he said he hoped voters will "put into context" his personal behavior with the larger span of his career and his current marriage.
"We'll find out six months to a year from now whether people are forgiving," Gi
Posted By: GeauxLSU Smart woman. - 05/10/11
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
She's a constant presence at his side,...
Gee, I wonder why?
Posted By: northwestalaska Re: Smart woman. - 05/10/11
Newt is a tool, always has been, always will be.
Posted By: Gus Re: Smart woman. - 05/10/11
i like his history of helping to envision an improved view of what gov't should be about.

his profile as Presidential disappoints me. but, he does possess credentials as a high-quality policy wonk. the best or one of the best, no doubt.

right now we've got a dancing Presidential wife. God only knows what the next President's wife/husband will have to do in order to wow the crowd. grin
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Smart woman. - 05/10/11
Newt is a tool, always has been, always will be.

You got that right. A politician through and through.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Smart woman. - 05/10/11
I think some of you guys give give the half breed too much credit. If the economy stays in the tanks, energy stays high w/$4/gal fuel, unemployment stays high, etc I think Mickey Mouse could beat him.

These days, Gingrich rarely makes a political move without Callista, a former Capitol Hill staffer whom the former GOP lawmaker became extramaritally involved with while he was still speaker of the House.

How much can the advice of someone who screwed Newt Gingrich be worth?
Posted By: DayPacker Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
The candidate I am committed to right now is anyone besides obama. Another 4 years of him and his agenda will send the US into a collapse with an internal war.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/10/11
Nuck Fewt...................
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
She's a constant presence at his side,...
Gee, I wonder why?

The few times I have heard Callista speak, she has been most impressive.

She could be a lot of help to Newt on his moral issues.

,..if it wasn't for the fact that she has a history of screwin' married men.
So is it Newt or Trump for you? Come on!

,..if it wasn't for the fact that she has a history of screwin' married men.

Climb the ladder to success! Ick!
newt talks, he doesn't attack--other than burgers
Ain't none of us perfect.

Callista Gingrich is quite a dish, and a smart, classy woman, to boot.

We could use someone like her in the White House again. Might help bring a little style and substance back to the country.

Say or think what you will about W, but does anybody not love Laura Bush?
Originally Posted by duckster
Ron Paul.
Sorry, TRH, when have you see an ugly guy get elected since tv became popular. ron paul is not electable
As long as she does not get sick Newt will be there by her side! He is a Classy Guy!

Ich!
As long as she does not get sick Newt will be there by her side! He is a Classy Guy!

Ich!

Wasn't that you're other lackey, Edwards?

At least Johnny's smarter than Obama, and probably more honest.

With BHO's approval now around 60% and the economy improving this is not going to be easy.

I think the best bet is either Romney or The Newt. I am predicting Romney will get the nod. I have not endorsed him or anyone else.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/11/11
Gallup has the death of Osama bin Laden, President job approval bump up about six points and Rasmussen about the same.

Based on the downward trend of their Consumer Index numbers, Rasmussen is saying the bounce is over.

Posted By: mike762 Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/11/11

With BHO's approval now around 60% and the economy improving this is not going to be easy.

I think the best bet is either Romney or The Newt. I am predicting Romney will get the nod. I have not endorsed him or anyone else.

60%? Since when? Last I heard from Rasmussen concerning Ob@m@'s approval rating it was mid 40's. The economy improving? By what metric? If you mean improving because of government spending and hiring more .gov workers then maybe, but the private sector isn't improving by a damn sight. U6 unemployment is still well north of 16% and the labor participation rate is at an alltime low. Even the BLS primary unemployment stat is close to 9% and holding. Input costs are rising for businesses, and the price inflation that people are having to pay while their home values are steadily dropping are killing them. Improving? In your alternate universe maybe, but not in the real world.

edited to add

www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...tration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
Originally Posted by seattlesetters

Ich!

Wasn't that you're other lackey, Edwards?

At least Johnny's smarter than Obama, and probably more honest.

You must have been sleeping when Newt was in charge and made the contract with America. Honest?? Only to the power brokers. Newt was, is and always be a crook.

As of this morning the AP had him at 60%.

There is no denying the economy is improving. You may not like the reasons it is improving nevertheless it is improving. I predict it will continue to improve into 2012. This will create strong headwinds for any Republican candidate.
Posted By: mike762 Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/11/11
You're wrong. Show me the data, not your opinion.
Spano�s poll:
Associated Press
What follows are the results of poll by AP-Gfk on May 5-9th
1. 60% of Americans approve of Obama, 39% disapprove�up from 53%

2. 45% of Americans believe the country is headed in right direction�up from 35%.

3. 43% of Americans approve of democrats�up from 41%
4. 32% of Americans approve of republicans�up from 31%
Regarding Obama�s handling of these domestic issues:
1. Economy: 52% approve -up from 47%
2. Healthcare: 54% approve �up from 52%
3. Environment: 65% approve �up from 63%
4. Deficits: 47% approve�up from 41%
5. Energy: 59% approve --no change from last poll
6. Taxes: 48% approve �up from 47%
7. Immigration: 52% approve �up from 50%
8. Unemployment: 52% approve �up from 49%
9. Education: 63% approve-- up from 61%
Regarding Obama�s handling of these international/security issues:
1. Terrorism: 72% approve --up from 61%
2. Iraq: 62% approve �up from 55%
3. Afghanistan: 65% approve -- up from 55%
4. Relationships with other countries 69% approve�up from 62%.
5. Libya: 57% approve up from 54%

Other polls not so good�

Gallup 5/7 - 5/9 1500 A 52 40 +12
President Barack Obama's job approval rating is up six points, from 46% to 52%, after the death of Osama bin Laden. The increase is a fairly typical "rally" in presidential approval after a major international event.

Rasmussen Reports 5/6 - 5/9 1500 LV 50 49 +1
The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, fell three points on Wednesday to 80.0. This is the second straight daily decline and could signal the end of a bounce in confidence that followed Osama bin Laden�s death. Consumer confidence is now down five points from its recent peak. However, it is still up five points since the bin Laden news and the coming days will determine whether it settles back to that level. From a longer perspective, consumer confidence is up two points from a month ago and down 10 points from three months ago.

It's not Spano's poll.

Improving economy:

1. Stock market at post recovery highs and near all time highs.
2. LEI up .4% in March this after a 1% gain in Feb. and a.2% gain in Jan.
3. Retail sales up.4% in March for its ninth straight monthly gain.
4. Coincident Economic Index (CEI) up .2% in March. This index is up 1.5% over the past six months.
5. Interest rates remain near historic lows.
6. Payrolls rose in 38 states in march and the jobless rate declined in 34 states.
7. Capacity utilization rate increased to 77.4% in March continuing an improvement from the recession low of 67.3%
8. Inflation remains low with a core rate of 1.2% YOY. The CPI is now at 2.7% YOY.
9. Manufacturing in Q1 grew at a 9.1% annual rate.

I could go on...

10. The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, fell three points on Wednesday to 80.0. This is the second straight daily decline and could signal the end of a bounce in confidence that followed Osama bin Laden�s death. Consumer confidence is now down five points from its recent peak. However, it is still up five points since the bin Laden news and the coming days will determine whether it settles back to that level. From a longer perspective, consumer confidence is up two points from a month ago and down 10 points from three months ago.

THUD!

The AP poll I quoted is the only one I could find with 60% of Americans approve of Obama, 39% disapprove�up from 53%.

So to repeat Mike�s question; where did you get your 60% approval numbers?

Unemployment: Up
Gas prices: Up
Inflation: Up
Food Prices: Up
Healthcare costs: Up
Dollar Value: Down
Housing Values: Down
Consumer Confidence: Down

The economy is improving? Must be the new math...... confused
Yup
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/11/11
Give it another few months. Folks are going to be real piissed about their bills, gas prices, grocery prices, cancelled vacations, parked motor homes, etc. A demoscat hell-bent on spending isn't going to be in favor when people start voting with their pocketbooks.
Uncle Newt is supposed to make his big announcement on Hannity tonight.

I plan on being there; you betcha!

10. The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, fell three points on Wednesday to 80.0. This is the second straight daily decline and could signal the end of a bounce in confidence that followed Osama bin Laden�s death. Consumer confidence is now down five points from its recent peak. However, it is still up five points since the bin Laden news and the coming days will determine whether it settles back to that level. From a longer perspective, consumer confidence is up two points from a month ago and down 10 points from three months ago.

THUD!

The AP poll I quoted is the only one I could find with 60% of Americans approve of Obama, 39% disapprove�up from 53%.

So to repeat Mike�s question; where did you get your 60% approval numbers?

Same place you did, AP. I'd rather overestimate his popularity than underestimate it. Always respect your enemy.
Polls are about worthless as they change so quickly and for no real reason. Before the Bin Ladin killing and during Trumps relentless Birther BS the Pres had lower poll numbers, Birth Certificate is produced polls are up slightly, Bin Ladin gets popped and numbers are up. The numbers are a snap shot of how the public feels at that moment. Poll a guy who just filled up his SUV and dropped $125 he will tell you the economy sucks. Poll a guy who just got a little nookie from the old lady for first time in a month and he will tell you life is good. Polls mean very little this far out. Check back in June 2012 and then you may get a better feel.

As Far as Newt and his announcement tonight, do you really care? Newt will be road kill by South Carolina if he makes it that far. The man had too much Jack Abramoff and Tom Delay on his hands to make an impact, unless you have forgotten the late 90's and early 2000's. I seem to remember the contract with America and spending on any project that a member of K Street wanted. Paying the price now!

Polls are by no means worthless, they give a general idea of the political landscape at any given time, a snapshot. Of course they change, if they didn't what would be the point of continued polling? If you don't think politicians pay very close attention to polls you have a naive conception of how politics function.

I don't agree with your opinion of Newt. He could very well go all the way, although I'm predicting Romney.

Check out my new thread about this particular AP poll.

"Hogwash"
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Smart woman. - 05/12/11
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think some of you guys give give the half breed too much credit. If the economy stays in the tanks, energy stays high w/$4/gal fuel, unemployment stays high, etc I think Mickey Mouse could beat him.

Wrong, flat wrong.

Three years ago I remember on this forum arguing with several regulars (I won't name names) that Hillary Clinton was preferable to Obama as the democratic nominee because Hillary was essentially unelectable as president, Obama would be a far more formidable candidate. I was argued down by these guys with a "wink-wink, nod-nod" dismissal which basically implied that Obama wouldn't get elected because he was black. I countered that that was his greatest strength. Certainly it's not a weakness because I don't think any sane observer would argue that he would have been elected had he been white with his lack of qualifications.

Do NOT underestimate Obama's ability to get reelected. He's amassing the largest war chest in history and the press loves him. The country has almost 40 million people on food stamps and every one of them that can vote will be pulling the lever for Obama. He wasn't elected based upon any qualification to be president but rather because of the visceral emotional reaction he brought out in the bubble gum and hippie crowd. Intellectual arguments don't work on that bunch, you can't get past "hope" and "tax the rich" with people that shortsighted.

Obama will be very, very hard to beat no matter what the state of the economy.
Posted By: mike762 Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/12/11

It's not Spano's poll.

Improving economy:

1. Stock market at post recovery highs and near all time highs.
2. LEI up .4% in March this after a 1% gain in Feb. and a.2% gain in Jan.
3. Retail sales up.4% in March for its ninth straight monthly gain.
4. Coincident Economic Index (CEI) up .2% in March. This index is up 1.5% over the past six months.
5. Interest rates remain near historic lows.
6. Payrolls rose in 38 states in march and the jobless rate declined in 34 states.
7. Capacity utilization rate increased to 77.4% in March continuing an improvement from the recession low of 67.3%
8. Inflation remains low with a core rate of 1.2% YOY. The CPI is now at 2.7% YOY.
9. Manufacturing in Q1 grew at a 9.1% annual rate.

I could go on...

You could go on, but it wouldn't prove your case. Yes cap utilisation is up by 6% YOY, but still well below what it should be for a recovery.

Your inflation numbers are total BS, regardless of what you want to believe. The closest to true is the "urban chained all items", or headline, and it's much higher than the "core" rate that you seem to tout as true, but still low because of the statistical mummery that goes into it.

The labor participation rate is lower than it has been in 30 years and falling, and the U6 unemployment numbers are still near 17%. The birth/death model that the BLS uses is always revised later, and in the last couple of years has been revised down. A growing economy requires at least 200,000 jobs per month to be created just to get the persons entering the workforce employed and has been no where near that for at least two years.

The stock market, using the DJIA as an example is no where near its all time highs, rather some 2000 points below it and has been range bound between 11,000 and 12800 for a very long time. ditto the S&P, NYSE and the Nasdaq. The only reason that it has run as far as it has is Fed POMO being injected into it. The moment that stops, so will the market.

Interest rates are at all time lows because of Fed buying our debt through its PD's and keeping the FF rate low. The only positive about that is that it keeps our debt service low, but the moment that Fed support stops, look for interest rates to takeoff, especially at the long end of the curve. Besides, no one is borrowing money, because they are tapped out and over indebted anyway.

At best your selected stats show an economy that is treading water, not growing at any meaningful rate. The moment that the Fed props are removed, expect it to turn down again. That may not happen until after 2012, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Smart woman. - 05/12/11
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Wrong, flat wrong.

Three years ago I remember on this forum arguing with several regulars (I won't name names) that Hillary Clinton was preferable to Obama as the democratic nominee because Hillary was essentially unelectable as president, Obama would be a far more formidable candidate. I was argued down by these guys with a "wink-wink, nod-nod" dismissal which basically implied that Obama wouldn't get elected because he was black. I countered that that was his greatest strength. Certainly it's not a weakness because I don't think any sane observer would argue that he would have been elected had he been white with his lack of qualifications.

Do NOT underestimate Obama's ability to get reelected. He's amassing the largest war chest in history and the press loves him. The country has almost 40 million people on food stamps and every one of them that can vote will be pulling the lever for Obama. He wasn't elected based upon any qualification to be president but rather because of the visceral emotional reaction he brought out in the bubble gum and hippie crowd. Intellectual arguments don't work on that bunch, you can't get past "hope" and "tax the rich" with people that shortsighted.

Obama will be very, very hard to beat no matter what the state of the economy.

I fear you are right on the money and that the best we can hope for is both houses of Congress. Hope we're both wrong.

Mike---Tell you what; you believe your numbers I'll believe mine. Last I heard no reputable economist was relying on Mikey's numbers. The economy is in and has been in recovery and this recovery will extend into 2012. BHO will ride it to a second term.

Have you ever been bullish on the economy? When? I want dates and numbers not opinions.

Posted By: RDFinn Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/12/11
Marvelous.

Funny when you pretend to be conservative.
Posted By: westoakland Re: Newt Gingrich is In� - 05/12/11
Folks,
NG has "nothing" to offer."
He is simply another detached, pampered, ridiculous " DC insider" who is sure to disappoint us.
Fact is, he fell for Gore & the ridiculous global warming fiasco. Further, his moral compass is askew, and he is the same 'ole-same-ole'.
Come to your senses. Help me find a decent, reliable, sane candidate to run against bo.
Or else . . .
One of the most unimpressive politicans I have ever seen. He and Karl Rove should be joined at the wallet as the "pathetic twins".

I don't agree with your opinion of Newt. He could very well go all the way, although I'm predicting Romney. [/quote]

Good point and I respect your thoughts but...

Both Mitt and Newt will be road kill, just watch. Mitt will self destruct due to his liberal stand on health care and guns, the fear of Mormons will also sink him. As far as Newt... Well the list is soooo long. His family values problems will cook his goose as fast as anything but his real problem is the screw job he gave the voters when he and his crook buddies sold the country down the road 15 years ago. No pocket too deep and to ear mark too large for a price! K-Street knows Newt to well.

Keep fishing!

I could agree with you on Newt but I think Romney will get the nomination.

I have not endorsed anyone.
© 24hourcampfire