Home
Posted By: 264wm B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Lay off 2 week notice yesterday end of month last day. Isn't life grand. Great fathers day gift. How many more out there faceing the same fate.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
I work for a General Contractor.We normally have 25 jobs on the books.We plan how to get them done within the time frame.We got nothing.Fifty to sixty hour weeks are normal.We were told yesterday that if we wanted time off we could have it.
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
i thought the almighty O was creating jobs? Sorry to hear of your situation, what feild of work do you do?
Posted By: Barkoff Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Worst part about it is, he's doing nothing, he's tried the only thing he knows and it isn't working.. and he fresh out of ideas.

Good luck on your job hunt.
Posted By: 264wm Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
I am a Land Surveyor and subsurface locator with ground penetrating radar.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Originally Posted by 264wm
Lay off 2 week notice yesterday end of month last day. Isn't life grand. Great fathers day gift. How many more out there faceing the same fate.

I got laid off March 24th. If I want to move to New Jersey or LA, I can get a job.
Thinking seriously about starting my own business.
A good friend of mine in Gulfport, MS was laid off on the first of June. He and his bride are willing to move anywhere for work.

Best of luck to you!

Ed
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11

We are so busy I can hardly get back home. Oil and Gas related business is where to be, even if you have to move.
Posted By: Mink Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

We are so busy I can hardly get back home. Oil and Gas related business is where to be, even if you have to move.

The beauty of the oil and gas field is you can live about anywhere, and commute if you are 14/14, or some such.
Posted By: Mosby Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Sorry to hear, anything construction related is tough. I was laid off from an Architectural firm 2-1/2 years ago. After a year of looking and finding nothing I started taking nursing pre-reqs from the community college. I'm now in an accelerated bachelor of nursing program and will graduate this spring.

Hope and change. Hope you find a job as you change career fields.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
My health insurance goes from $835 to $935 next month. Thank you Obama care. kwg
Posted By: 264wm Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
I have been working at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation and they have used all there stimules and and smaller budget and 1500 plus lay offs before OCT.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Let me put it this way . . . the mega-massive gas and oil transmission pipeline infrastructure is over 50 years old and in crisis need of repair and replacement. Research jobs in the transmission pipeline construction field and you will see what is available. There are literally decades and decades of work on the books. Multi-billions of dollars worth. Got to get rid of the anti-free-American Enterprise politicians though.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
and we gotta get rid of them job stealing ATMs.
Posted By: Redneck Re: B.O. Strikes again - 06/18/11
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
He and his bride are willing to move anywhere for work.
Have them call tzone's wife - She has a couple positions open that the freeloaders on welfare won't take because it involves 'work'... mad
© 24hourcampfire