Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
264wm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Lay off 2 week notice yesterday end of month last day. Isn't life grand. Great fathers day gift. How many more out there faceing the same fate.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I work for a General Contractor.We normally have 25 jobs on the books.We plan how to get them done within the time frame.We got nothing.Fifty to sixty hour weeks are normal.We were told yesterday that if we wanted time off we could have it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i thought the almighty O was creating jobs? Sorry to hear of your situation, what feild of work do you do?

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worst part about it is, he's doing nothing, he's tried the only thing he knows and it isn't working.. and he fresh out of ideas.

Good luck on your job hunt.

264wm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am a Land Surveyor and subsurface locator with ground penetrating radar.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 264wm
Lay off 2 week notice yesterday end of month last day. Isn't life grand. Great fathers day gift. How many more out there faceing the same fate.

I got laid off March 24th. If I want to move to New Jersey or LA, I can get a job.
Thinking seriously about starting my own business.
A good friend of mine in Gulfport, MS was laid off on the first of June. He and his bride are willing to move anywhere for work.

Best of luck to you!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We are so busy I can hardly get back home. Oil and Gas related business is where to be, even if you have to move.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

We are so busy I can hardly get back home. Oil and Gas related business is where to be, even if you have to move.

The beauty of the oil and gas field is you can live about anywhere, and commute if you are 14/14, or some such.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry to hear, anything construction related is tough. I was laid off from an Architectural firm 2-1/2 years ago. After a year of looking and finding nothing I started taking nursing pre-reqs from the community college. I'm now in an accelerated bachelor of nursing program and will graduate this spring.

Hope and change. Hope you find a job as you change career fields.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My health insurance goes from $835 to $935 next month. Thank you Obama care. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

264wm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have been working at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation and they have used all there stimules and and smaller budget and 1500 plus lay offs before OCT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me put it this way . . . the mega-massive gas and oil transmission pipeline infrastructure is over 50 years old and in crisis need of repair and replacement. Research jobs in the transmission pipeline construction field and you will see what is available. There are literally decades and decades of work on the books. Multi-billions of dollars worth. Got to get rid of the anti-free-American Enterprise politicians though.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and we gotta get rid of them job stealing ATMs.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
He and his bride are willing to move anywhere for work.
Have them call tzone's wife - She has a couple positions open that the freeloaders on welfare won't take because it involves 'work'... mad

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (1Longbow, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 29 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,654
Posts18,512,764
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.