Home
Posted By: M1894 Silly girl - 07/21/11
shocked
So here I was , young dumb and full of whatever . Met some chick at a fast food place , never met her before . Nice smiles back and forth , we kinda hit it off , we then didn't want to , but ,agreed ( talked into this by mutual friends we had ) to have a nice summer cook out the next day . Tommarrow is the 1/4 century anniverserary of that cookout .
My how time flies by , we have not been apart since , except for when work called one or the other of us outta town .
Silly Girl , I told her to go away , then I had some life crap happened and I told her to go away again and again.
Silly girl wouldn't go away confused
Waited till '95 ( no way I was rushing into that marriage thing ) and I picked a friday the 13th to get maried on ( 1/13/95 ).
Silly girl said OK confused
So here I am 25 years later .
Silly girl has now spent more than half of her life with me and I with her . We enjoy our mini wedding anivers"s every Fri the 13th , Been thru as many ups and downs as most folks , and that silly girl still says " I Love you " back to me every day if I manage to say it to her first as she often beats be to it.
Silly girl , I'm a very lucky person to have been blessed by meeting way back when , You are doubly , actually tripply silly for going thru the better or worse roller coaster ride of life that we have both shared , over and over and over again
Friday is the 25th anivers of that cook out cool
Silly girl , I Love You
Posted By: AKbushrat Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
What about those times you dumped her to take off to parts unknown, to satisfy your self indulgence in the pursuit of Finer Trophies....You forgot about those already??? Alzhiemers catching up??? What is hanging up in your foyer??? A picture of her or a dead animal? not questioning the wisdom in your choices...but just sayin'...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Congratulations to you both.
Posted By: M1894 Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Thank you very much 5sdad smile Time to get away before I let myself get lowered down to some azzclowns level .
I'll be back on tomarrow whistle
Posted By: 68injunhed Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Congratulations. Just celebrated half that with my "silly girl" July 3rd. A good woman is something a man shouldn't be without.
Posted By: AKbushrat Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Just looking at some of the contradictory previous posts in regards to this thread...is all. The archives tell a whole different story...now I am not sure what to believe!
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
You must have a big ........................bank account grin
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Good luck to you on your second 25 year stint.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Congrats to you both.. Good post..

Don't forget to ignore the troll...

And very best wishes for the next 25..
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
You say you've been married 25 years. From '95, that don't add up. You must mean '85. Congrats.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11

25 years from the cookout. Not the marriage.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Congratulations to you and your Bride!

May you celebrate many more 13ths!

Don't you just love strong-willed women? grin

Ed
Posted By: Cleburne Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Congratulations to you both.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
I hear ya. Last Monday my wife and I had our 24th anniversary. No two people more different than us but never strayed from the vows and it payed off. Congrads, nice story.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Originally Posted by M1894
shocked
So here I was , young dumb and full of whatever . Met some chick at a fast food place , never met her before . Nice smiles back and forth , we kinda hit it off , we then didn't want to , but ,agreed ( talked into this by mutual friends we had ) to have a nice summer cook out the next day . Tommarrow is the 1/4 century anniverserary of that cookout .
My how time flies by , we have not been apart since , except for when work called one or the other of us outta town .
Silly Girl , I told her to go away , then I had some life crap happened and I told her to go away again and again.
Silly girl wouldn't go away confused
Waited till '95 ( no way I was rushing into that marriage thing ) and I picked a friday the 13th to get maried on ( 1/13/95 ).
Silly girl said OK confused
So here I am 25 years later .
Silly girl has now spent more than half of her life with me and I with her . We enjoy our mini wedding anivers"s every Fri the 13th , Been thru as many ups and downs as most folks , and that silly girl still says " I Love you " back to me every day if I manage to say it to her first as she often beats be to it.
Silly girl , I'm a very lucky person to have been blessed by meeting way back when , You are doubly , actually tripply silly for going thru the better or worse roller coaster ride of life that we have both shared , over and over and over again
Friday is the 25th anivers of that cook out cool
Silly girl , I Love You

Congrats! Friday happens to be our anniversary.... fine day you chose I suspect... Matter of fact... it is 22 July, 1995... grins...musta been a good year...
Posted By: T LEE Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Silly Girl!

Congrats Sir and condolences to the poor sainted lady! smile smile smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Silly girl - 07/21/11
Thank God for silly girls. I found a blind one 20 years and 8 days ago!

Congrats!
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Congrats! Congrats on avoiding the troll too.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
My 25th is just a few short weeks away. Made me remember to get my butt in gear to do something. LOL! blush
Posted By: troutfly Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Well done, congrats.
We just celebrated 29 years in June. Silly girls are good to find!
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
If you find a good one you are blessed. On our 33rd year, one of the best decisions I have ever made. Not sure why she puts up with me, 20 years military and now traveling, last trip was 5 months.. Thankfull for every day.
Posted By: amax155 Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Congratulations on the quarter century mark. The wife and I hit that milestone June 20th. She is just as hard headed. I tried running her off but she kept on coming back. Now she can't run me off.
Posted By: Winnie Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Wow congrats.

My only hope is to look at this site my future wife
Posted By: AKbushrat Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Wow congrats.

Now the thread has taken a turn...for the best...a hint of Intellectual Honesty...<GRIN>
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Congrats to both of you..... smile
Posted By: M1894 Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Thanks for all the congrats , best wishes for the future, and the condolences for the silly girl smile
I see the line refered to that was poorly worded and noted by one poster.
Just to clarify " we have been together ever since " ment that after the cook out 25 years ago today , silly girl and I have been living under the same roof ( several over the years but together ) ever since as in : No breakups , no dating others ,no relationship seperations along the way is what I was trying to say.
I guess the " except for working outta town " following the " we have been together ever since " was poor wording .
As I said we have been riding the roller coaster of life together as of 7/22/86 . It has been a fun and scarey ride so far but some how we have hung on and look forward to the next 25.
Silly girl just wanted a card for today , she got that and a doz nice roses when she went to get her coffee this am . Going to the land of the midevil tommarow at the
http://www.sterlingfestival.com/home.html
Sounds like fun , but I don't think I'll enter her into the wench auction grin

Posted By: RS308MX Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Wow congrats.

You know what they call a beautiful woman in Russia?

A tourist! grin
Posted By: 1096here Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Congratulations. I met my wife on a blind date Oct. 6, 1990. That first night I knew she was the one. She also brought her then six year old son into my life. We celebrate that date more than our actual wedding anniversary. We have been inseperable since then. Came close to calling it quits a few times but got over it rather quickly.
May God bless you and your bride and give you many more years together.
Posted By: LongRanger280 Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
We're working on 33 years now. Raised 4 decent kids. Have 1 grandson, and a new girl and boy in two separate ovens. Hard to believe that I'll have 3 grandkids, but it's all good. Already building a 257 Roberts for the 4 year old to use in another few years.

For me...it was love at first sight. She was stunning. She had her blonde hair in braids that were coiled and pinned in a circle on either side of her head...framing the most angelic face that I have ever seen to this day. I know...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I used to say, "I married the most wonderful woman in the world", but now I add the caveat, "FOR ME". as I came to see that there were other guys that felt the same about their girl. She was 19...I was 24. I remember thinking..."If there's a God in Heaven, that will be my wife". There IS a God in Heaven.

I made her my main objective...She is the best friend that I have in life, besides my Lord.

She still is stunning to me at 52:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Violator22 Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
I am under the impression all of our wives suffered from a bout of insanity when the married us, congrats on yours still being insane, I know mine is. grin
Great post !! Like most folks the rollercoaster of life can be scary one second , awesome the next , and add in the twists and turns along the way , and without falling outta the ride, Life is Very Good
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I am under the impression all of our wives suffered from a bout of insanity when the married us, congrats on yours still being insane, I know mine is. grin

laugh This girl realy was pretty insane may well may be on par with some others here I'm sure confused
Some where twixt Jan and march that year we were walking back to her pad , lil college town efficency appt ( first roof we shared together ) And I took off my baseball cap that I hoped hid my bald head after one of the " we'll poison you till yer about dead for 5 days in a row , and then back off for a couple weeks and come back and we'll do it again and again.
Snow flakes here in the land of lake effect snow are quarter size right up to silver dollar size flakes . Was one of those days where the flakes were silver dollar size, in my early - mid 20's and snow flakes on a newly bare scalp are something that :
if you have never felt them on top of your freshly bald head It is really cool cool But made the first loop of our rollercoaster to get there both great and scary . Walking on marshal st . that day with a silly girl by my side , neither of us or the drs could look into a crystal ball to know for sure what the next week for me would be , worm food , extra lucky , or some combination of the above.
I stopped . Silly girl thought something was wrong , " what;s the matter ? " she asked . I pulled her tight to me and said everything is good , but snow flakes like this on the bare scalp is wicked cool .
She laughed and so did I , we hugged and just hung out there for a while . Sunshine , snowflakes , and a silly girl .
Posted By: coltchris Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Just celebrated 50 yrs. with my "silly girl" on July 15th; amazing how time goes bye! Earlier years were sometimes challenging, especially with my guns, hunting, fishing, etc. She once caught me hiding money in my gun cabinet for a WY trip; seems those dollars vacuum right out of the green felt padding!!!
Posted By: WFR Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
Congratulations to all of you men who have kept it together for many years!
It's no small feat and we live in a society that doesn't value marriage as it should.
My hats are off to you and to your wives for tolerating your crap for all those years! smile
I'm working on 6 years and hoping for a lifetime of happiness with my bride.
Posted By: LongRanger280 Re: Silly girl - 07/22/11
She was crazy to even entertain the thought...but I'm counting on her staying crazy. I do try to go out of my way to pull in tandem with my pard, and she has always had zero problem with me hunting or fishing. You gotta love these mountain girls! She told me, "My daddy was always in the woods, so it's just normal for me."
© 24hourcampfire