Home
Why are they under the impression that because it can fit in the garbage disposal, it's ok to put it in the garbage disposal?

This should take me but 40 minutes to fix.
Hope you ain't on septic...
BTDT got a shirt and skinned knuckles to boot grin, beats the crap outta me why they do that.

Gunner
at least it ain't your crank.

yet....

grin
good there
I tell the bride once and the next time she gets to call the plumber and pay for the service call out of her funds.
Usually prevents a third occurance.
What did the Married Aggie say when asked if he was getting any on the side? They got one on the side?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why are they under the impression that because it can fit in the garbage disposal, it's ok to put it in the garbage disposal?

I hope you're right on that 40 minutes.

Last time my wife and MIL overloaded my disposer it took nearly 2 hours, and I'm a plumber. And no, I wasn't on the clock.
Solved that one a week after we moved in here, took it out!
Prior to buying my house my wife used to put anything and everything down the garbage disposal. Our house now doesn't have one, and I'm not about to install one.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Solved that one a week after we moved in here, took it out!

There you go, best suggestion yet. smile

My wife put the cup from my thermos down the disposal and then turned the power on.

She swears it was an accident.

Let's not forget the toilet.........
A new doctor to our community built a palacial home with industrial scale sinks and disposal units. Within 3 months he had to have his septic system pumped. Seems any and all materials (short of metal) that would fit down the system were so disposed of by his wife. The units were removed.
I've only had a plumber at my house once in the last 6 or 7 years. My Love thought you could just fill the disposal with schit while doing the dishes then run it the next DAY.

Amazingly......I was gone for a couple days and she had to call the man. $65 or so and we were fine. Just the small price I pay for my time away I suppose!
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Let's not forget the toilet.........

You had to mention that one, cost me a toilet after I gave up trying to unplug one of ours and bought a replacement then to make sure it was the toilet smashed it and found the obstruction, a little plastic jar of vaseline, I am so glad she had me put all those cupboards over the toilets, that way stuff gets to fall in and get flushed down. mad
Have one but virtually never use it now. Any food scraps go into the chicken bucket and get turned into eggs.

Back before that was the case, and we occasionally used it, I once had a sink full of various peels, etc. and decided to grind it all through. There was a big pork chop bone hidden in there...
Take out the words "the garbage disposal" where it appears in your post, and contemplate whether it is something a woman might say about some men.
The worst was a penny, it wedged between the rotor and wall and I had to take the whole dang thing apart. She saw it fall in and heard it when she turned it on but she assumed that since steel is harder than copper it would just chop up the penny.

I can't help but smile when listening to her explain how things get screwed up.

Just a guess, it wasn't organic was it?
Originally Posted by stomatador
The worst was a penny, it wedged between the rotor and wall and I had to take the whole dang thing apart. She saw it fall in and heard it when she turned it on but she assumed that since steel is harder than copper it would just chop up the penny.

You should try a trimmer pilot. It'll shut one down in a hurry.
I have never understood garbage disposals. According to my wife, they are not capable of handling anything but water. It always seemed to me that they were a complete waste of time. Going against her own advice, she has provided me with numerous opportunities to clear various vegetable (apparently things that it is supposed to accept) matter from the pipes. Yes, she ran lots of water with it.
coital bliss, Scott, that's what you're in, coital bliss

remember that if you hit your head or elbow on the cabinet while working on that disposal.

you can thank me later
Steelie,
I'll try telling ya something interesting about mine if ya promise to not sic your trained troop of Baboons on me this time. My gal doesn't put anything solid down the garbage disposal except for hot cooking grease which gets just far enough down the damned pipe before turning solid ta get ta the pump station for the septic field. Y'all ain't lived until ya have had ta unstop that just so ya can take a cr@p in the dead of winter without tha john backing up all over the floor, Love her like I do....

Flower Child
Since there is no running water or sewer in my house I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
If it don't fit down the disposal, we feed it to the pigs.

BMT

You asked for her - now ya got her.. Enjoy..

laugh laugh laugh

Scott, after having not lived with a woman for a long time ( like you..) I discovered other things about them as well as the garbage disposal thing..

1.When putting knives in a dryer rack in diswasher or plain rack for those of us without dishwashers, they feel compelled to put them in, blades pointing up..

2. They are apparently born without the gene that enables them to take out the garbage..

3.It is them, not us, who are incapable of changing a roll of toilet paper....they are, however, capable of using it at a truly alarming rate...

4.Complex things to remember, like dotz on a scope, completely escape them...unless it concerns remembering things you did/said wrong...or anything involving their children...

5.They "need" myriads of shampoos, conditioners, and other stuff in plastic bottles littering the shower...

6." their" money is theirs, "our" money is theirs, and "your" money is only yours if you spend equal amounts on both of you.. ( i.e. new $600 gun for you equals new flat screen TV for "us"...)

I'm sure I'll think up more.... grin
3.It is them, not us, who are incapable of changing a roll of toilet paper....they are, however, capable of using it at a truly alarming rate...

4.Complex things to remember, like dotz on a scope, completely escape them...unless it concerns remembering things you did/said wrong...or anything involving their children...

5.They "need" myriads of shampoos, conditioners, and other stuff in plastic bottles littering the shower...

Yes....Agreed...
I was thinking it was tulips.

But I digress. Wife is a country gal. All trash, scraps etc.... goes in the trash under the sink. Used to go in the slop bucket... I remember that but don't think they ever had pigs...

RE toilet, we have always been septic, that means NOTHING other than 1/2 goes into the toilet, thats what the dam trash can next to it is for....

I always say I"m luckier than I should have been... still holds true. And if she didn't crack the whip like she does at times, we wouldn't get quite as much work done on the farm as we do...

Jeff
Originally Posted by stomatador

That's funny. Look on the bright side, at least yours knows steel is harder than copper. wink grin Didn't do you or her much good this time but it may come in handy some day.

Mine doesn't like to use the darn thing, so I guess I'm lucky?
Originally Posted by ingwe

Scott, after having not lived with a woman for a long time ( like you..) I discovered other things about them as well as the garbage disposal thing..

1.When putting knives in a dryer rack in diswasher or plain rack for those of us without dishwashers, they feel compelled to put them in, blades pointing up..

2. They are apparently born without the gene that enables them to take out the garbage..

6." their" money is theirs, "our" money is theirs, and "your" money is only yours if you spend equal amounts on both of you.. ( i.e. new $600 gun for you equals new flat screen TV for "us"...)

I'm sure I'll think up more.... grin

Wow, our wives must be twins.

Wimens!
Gotta love 'em.

( I'm gettin too old to train another!)

Wait till she dumps coffee grounds down there.
Wimmens are like cats-- you don't own them, they own you, and they cannot and will not be trained. wink
Reminds me of an old girlfriend. She was very well, uhh, 'thrifty', I guess you would say. Used to run the gas down so low in her car(like the low fuel light on every tank) that her fuel pump went out.

Duh!!!

laugh
We're on a septic so we don't have a garbage disposal which is one less thing for me to have to fix.
© 24hourcampfire