Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stomatador
The worst was a penny, it wedged between the rotor and wall and I had to take the whole dang thing apart. She saw it fall in and heard it when she turned it on but she assumed that since steel is harder than copper it would just chop up the penny.

I can't help but smile when listening to her explain how things get screwed up.

You should try a trimmer pilot. It'll shut one down in a hurry.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never understood garbage disposals. According to my wife, they are not capable of handling anything but water. It always seemed to me that they were a complete waste of time. Going against her own advice, she has provided me with numerous opportunities to clear various vegetable (apparently things that it is supposed to accept) matter from the pipes. Yes, she ran lots of water with it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
coital bliss, Scott, that's what you're in, coital bliss

remember that if you hit your head or elbow on the cabinet while working on that disposal.

you can thank me later

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steelie,
I'll try telling ya something interesting about mine if ya promise to not sic your trained troop of Baboons on me this time. My gal doesn't put anything solid down the garbage disposal except for hot cooking grease which gets just far enough down the damned pipe before turning solid ta get ta the pump station for the septic field. Y'all ain't lived until ya have had ta unstop that just so ya can take a crp in the dead of winter without tha john backing up all over the floor, Love her like I do....

Flower Child

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Since there is no running water or sewer in my house I don't even know what you guys are talking about.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If it don't fit down the disposal, we feed it to the pigs.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why are they under the impression that because it can fit in the garbage disposal, it's ok to put it in the garbage disposal?

This should take me but 40 minutes to fix.
You asked for her - now ya got her.. Enjoy..

laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Why are they under the impression that because it can fit in the garbage disposal, it's ok to put it in the garbage disposal?

Scott, after having not lived with a woman for a long time ( like you..) I discovered other things about them as well as the garbage disposal thing..

1.When putting knives in a dryer rack in diswasher or plain rack for those of us without dishwashers, they feel compelled to put them in, blades pointing up..

2. They are apparently born without the gene that enables them to take out the garbage..

3.It is them, not us, who are incapable of changing a roll of toilet paper....they are, however, capable of using it at a truly alarming rate...

4.Complex things to remember, like dotz on a scope, completely escape them...unless it concerns remembering things you did/said wrong...or anything involving their children...

5.They "need" myriads of shampoos, conditioners, and other stuff in plastic bottles littering the shower...

6." their" money is theirs, "our" money is theirs, and "your" money is only yours if you spend equal amounts on both of you.. ( i.e. new $600 gun for you equals new flat screen TV for "us"...)

I'm sure I'll think up more.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
3.It is them, not us, who are incapable of changing a roll of toilet paper....they are, however, capable of using it at a truly alarming rate...

4.Complex things to remember, like dotz on a scope, completely escape them...unless it concerns remembering things you did/said wrong...or anything involving their children...

5.They "need" myriads of shampoos, conditioners, and other stuff in plastic bottles littering the shower...

Yes....Agreed...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I was thinking it was tulips.

But I digress. Wife is a country gal. All trash, scraps etc.... goes in the trash under the sink. Used to go in the slop bucket... I remember that but don't think they ever had pigs...

RE toilet, we have always been septic, that means NOTHING other than 1/2 goes into the toilet, thats what the dam trash can next to it is for....

I always say I"m luckier than I should have been... still holds true. And if she didn't crack the whip like she does at times, we wouldn't get quite as much work done on the farm as we do...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stomatador
The worst was a penny, it wedged between the rotor and wall and I had to take the whole dang thing apart. She saw it fall in and heard it when she turned it on but she assumed that since steel is harder than copper it would just chop up the penny.

I can't help but smile when listening to her explain how things get screwed up.

That's funny. Look on the bright side, at least yours knows steel is harder than copper. wink grin Didn't do you or her much good this time but it may come in handy some day.

Mine doesn't like to use the darn thing, so I guess I'm lucky?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ingwe

Scott, after having not lived with a woman for a long time ( like you..) I discovered other things about them as well as the garbage disposal thing..

1.When putting knives in a dryer rack in diswasher or plain rack for those of us without dishwashers, they feel compelled to put them in, blades pointing up..

2. They are apparently born without the gene that enables them to take out the garbage..

6." their" money is theirs, "our" money is theirs, and "your" money is only yours if you spend equal amounts on both of you.. ( i.e. new $600 gun for you equals new flat screen TV for "us"...)

I'm sure I'll think up more.... grin

Wow, our wives must be twins.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wimens!
Gotta love 'em.

( I'm gettin too old to train another!)

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

This should take me but 40 minutes to fix.

Wait till she dumps coffee grounds down there.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Wimmens are like cats-- you don't own them, they own you, and they cannot and will not be trained. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of an old girlfriend. She was very well, uhh, 'thrifty', I guess you would say. Used to run the gas down so low in her car(like the low fuel light on every tank) that her fuel pump went out.

Duh!!!

laugh

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're on a septic so we don't have a garbage disposal which is one less thing for me to have to fix.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 65 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,611
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.