Home
As eluded to with the first one for Matt, per request of some generous forum members, we were planning for a second project for a active duty Forum member, who has returned from a tour in Afghanistan not long ago....

One second gift of Appreciation for our servicemen, is Wahunterinrok, aka Brent...

What we are going to put together is a Remington 700 Action, in a Mountain rifle style configuration... chambered in a 7 x 57, with a Leupold or Redfield 2 x 7 on top, and a Bell & Carlson Stock....

So this is going to be labeled Project Brent....

Some folks have already made donations when they made donations to project Matt...

Whoever got Rick to make Matt's Project a sticky, could they also do the same for this one...

once again, all who desire to contribute to one of our own who is finally home from serving our country in harms way, PM me for the address to send contributions and donations to..

best regards
john chr.
seafire
I'm in Seafire. I have your address.
That makes 2 of us, not counting the gentlemen that sent checks to be applied to each of our VETS here..
bump!
I Pm'd Rick for you Seafire! I'll bet he is at SHOT and will do it as soon as he can.
smile
I'm in.

Brent's good to go. laugh
So where are you at on this one as opposed to Project Matt? Just wondering where the funds are more needed?
Mink,

Matt is pretty much taken care of, with the exception of the logistics and stuff all coming together now...

I wanted to get that one squared away, before starting this one for Brent...

I didn't want to get any "wires crossed" on the two...

the older I get the simpler I like to keep things..

as said in the movie Philadelphia.. " so simple a 5 year old can understand it"...
smile for the evening crowd!
I'm in.
I hope you received my money order for Matt. I will be shipping another money order off this weekend.
My check is going in the morning mail. I am glad to see the project is going to be a 7x57, one of my favorites. I really like this method of thanking some of our deserving young veterans.
I'm in John.

PM inbound in the morning.
Money was really tight the last time around and I felt guilty as sin for not contributing. Things are slightly better now. Please PM me the address, and who to make the money order out to and the check's in the mail. Thanks for giving us a chance to help out.
Awesome to see this.. makes me proud to be a member here. I will try to find a way to get funds sent from afghanistan as well. is Western Union a option or if a member has a paypal account and is willing to send a check on my behalf I would be glad to shoot a paypal over for Brent and for my hunting partner Matt's rifle.
gophergunner no need to feel guilty at all! We do what we can when we can. Just PM Seafire for the address. He tries to check this frequently but sometimes doesn't see all the requests.

Keith
bump...
Originally Posted by BearKiller
Awesome to see this.. makes me proud to be a member here. I will try to find a way to get funds sent from afghanistan as well. is Western Union a option or if a member has a paypal account and is willing to send a check on my behalf I would be glad to shoot a paypal over for Brent and for my hunting partner Matt's rifle.
Bearkiller-drop me a line (PM) and I'll be happy to put a money order out with your name on it. We can square up sometime later. Just let me know.
^
smile
Gopher sent you a message
^
Sure! Please PM with payment detail.

Paypal preferred.
David
David just PM Seafire ...........and thanks.
I'm in!!!! Seafire, PM inbound...
pm sent
Thank you Rick Bin for making this a sticky!!!!
Originally Posted by eh76
David just PM Seafire ...........and thanks.

did so! tks Keith!
Since I am the Service member receiving this amazing gift, I figured I'd drop in and thank everyone for their generosity. When I received the PM from Keith telling me about this, I was floored by the generosity. There may be alot of bickering and such that goes on here at the campfire, but when you get to it, there is a core of stand up people here that are always looking to help out anyone who needs it. I feel very humbled by you guys and your generosity. thank you very much!
i'm in on this one too...
...what would be cool, would be to see pics from each stage of the builds...
...probably not very practicle though,
Once the builds all come together, I will be posting pics and a report of what all went into the builds...
Seafire send addy for funds. Cheers NC
Can we use the same address as the first time or will you send us a new one?

Gary
D'Bear

Same address as first one is fine sir!

thanks again!

Hi John,

Did you get my PM? Hope you're doing well.

Dom
Dom,

yes I did... sorry, doing some juggling of stuff right now also...

doing some behind the scenes stuff on the project right now.. phone calls and logistics...

will be going out to do a mail run here in the next hour,

will verify receipt of the M.O. when I return this evening..

best regards
Bump!
Cool. PM on the way.
I'm in.
Bump!

Brent - Happy shooting brother!
This is slowly taking place... waits on barrels, a few acquisition potentials falling thru...but it will come together, we are not skimping on anything here... just to 'keep within the budget'.....

plus we have a small group of guys who have stepped up to the plate and told me if we run short of funds to let them know...
which also includes me...

when this is done, I hope we gets pics of the finished rifles..

I am going to have to rely on someone else tho, as the finished gunsmithing work is going to be done in Colorado.... not here in Oregon..

we are kind of in that 'waiting for Christmas to get here' mode...

but I am sure our vets will be highly pleased that the finished products were worth the wait...

and we all should be looking forward to some 'successful season pictures' coming our way...
Another bump!
pm me donation info.
Project update.. an action was finally secured today for Brent..

still trying to find a good price on a good quality barrel without the usual 4 month ( or more) turnaround time...

also negotiating for some distinctive touches on the rifle that will make the finished product one of a kind...

we appreciate all the support that we have gotten on this...
Weekly update...
securing after market bottom metal for the Rem Long Action..
Scope has been secured...

need to pick up the stock for Vet # 2, Brent..

slow but sure this is coming together...

barrels for both have been ordered also...

waiting game at this point...

Count me in also.

Hard not to like the 7 X 57 choice.
Received a stock today with the package marked Vet#2 project. Pretty nice synthetic. Happen to have a couple of this particular model and they is nice. laugh

Want me to post a pic or wait?
How do you like the cool snow camo?
Awesome but we can't leave well enough alone. Looneys ya know. laugh
I know exactly; I live in northern Wisconsin and probably would have lost my whole damned rifle if I would have set it down to gut a deer.
When camo'ed shotguns came out, a buddy had one, when we were hunting in NO Wisconsin out side of Tomahawk...mother nature called... so he leaned it against a tree and was doing his business, when something caught his eye... he wondered to look at it while pulling up his snowmobile suit....

he wandered too far...100 yds or so...

turned back around to find his shotgun had vanished...

that camo worked real well... we looked for that shotgun for what seemed like two hours...

at noon lunch time on Monday, he had it back down to the store where he bought it.... and had it back in their hands.. he lost $50 in depreciation.. but was happy not to have to cross that bridge again...

Carlos, can you PM me a picture of the snow camo job before it might go bye/bye? I'd like to see it..

thanks again for both you and tjk here...
Didn't know Carlos was doing the stock, now I'm getting excited! Have had dealings with him in the past and what a great guy!
Sure, give me a minute or two.....
Pics sent.
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Didn't know Carlos was doing the stock, now I'm getting excited! Have had dealings with him in the past and what a great guy!

You decide on a colour? grin
Not really, although I guess I better! John had sent me a link of a dark green with black splatter that looked good, think may want more subdued than loud...
Can do any color you want except pink. Ingwe will be disappointed no doubt. Oh, also need to know LOP. 13.5?
Originally Posted by Karnis

You decide on a colour? grin

colour? You a Canuck there Carlos?

here I thought you were born south of the border.. not on the north side the border... whistle

grin
Not really, although I guess I better! John had sent me a link of a dark green with black splatter that looked good, think may want more subdued than loud...

Brent,

I just searched for 10 minutes for that picture.. and can't locate it... do you have a copy to send to Carlos?

check some of the Sites like HS Precision and Bell and Carlson, to see what you want...

Thanks a million to Carlos for offering his services to do this for us/you...
13.5 works fine for LOP, here is the pic that he had sent me, really like this one
[Linked Image]
Guy's, don't let Brent fool y'all, he s still in shock over this!
13.5 works fine for LOP, here is the pic that he had sent me, really like this one
[Linked Image]

Looks like OD green. Got the color in stock or should I say colour? laugh
Carlos... you can leave the fence post in the color it came in... whistle

its not as crucial as the stock is... grin

unless you wanna do an Ingwe Zebra Stripe profile on it...

an orange and hot pink Tiger Stripe would impress Ingwe a lot...
Sorry for taking so long to be a part of this great effort. Are there any needs open on this project.

How about another project in the works? If so please PM me as I have a possible donor action.

Thanks.
A 3rd project would be cool!
PM sent to Alabama Ed..
Where are we at on this one John? Are any more donations needed? BUMP!
Right now we are holding our own Matt...

but don't worry about it... you've given more than enough via your service...

We'll be doing right by Brent on his rifle...

and we have a few 'fairy God Fathers' that are ready to help out further if the need arises...

Well hope to be hearing from you and hope to see a few pics of your Whelen when you get home in the near future...

also, sorry for the delayed response... was out with Seafire JR on an annual scouting event, with him and the rest of his troop this past weekend..
[Linked Image]

That is a sharp looking rifle, really like the color of the stock!
is that a hint??

Oh Carlos.... Some one is calling for your talents..... whistle
Here's a pic of how it ended up after the contouring, texturing and painting. Green pad also. laugh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bump...this doesn't deserve to be page 3...

to a deserving guy, and to some fine people who put in a good effort to represent 24 hour campfire..
The stock looks great, Karnis--awesome! And speaking as a vet, I just want to say thanks for such an awesome initiative for our guys in military--especially you Seafire, for getting it off the ground!
Outstanding!
This is credit for Veteran Project # 2...

the two forum members who really deserve the credit for getting Vet # 2 for Brent off the ground, are the Gentlemen who posted above... Keith...

and the second culprit, is Woody... akaFlyboy Flem...

hat's off honors deserve to go to both of these Fine Gentlemen!

I was just present when the wheel went round...
Keith and Woody are two very fine gentlemen, I received several packages from them while in Afghanistan, and all my Soldiers looked very forward to seeing their those packages!
Karnis, is there a warranty on that paint job? Does it cover me getting epoxy all over it?

Originally Posted by MYore
Karnis, is there a warranty on that paint job? Does it cover me getting epoxy all over it?

Yes, there is a warranty. mad whistle
bump for Seafire as he is the point man.
Originally Posted by eh76
bump for Seafire as he is the point man.

Carlos painted it and Matt must of had a booboo..
no booboo, just attempt at humor. It will get completely covered with masking tape before the epoxy gets out of the tube... we are a ways away from that step though too.

© 24hourcampfire